Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

That man's a machine alright, he has such a great job!

Thanks for the support Pete, just hoping for a swing in results soon, it's so disheartening to put in 8 to 10 to 12 hours a day to select crap after crap, every time. I'll just blame the end of the season being the main reason. :pac: I need an excuse to stay positive!

It's quite a while since I've posted 16 losers in a row, I'd just kill for a winner tomorrow, just to get that cunt of a monkey off my back. He won't leave me alone Pete, he won't leave me alone. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Chin up Pyro, It'll come good again.

Pyro for President

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    3:55 Cheltenham - Calgary Bay - 4pts @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Only got him at 11/2, looks a good selection though. Not putting as much on this one as I have previously, so no new phones or anything, but hopefully this one romps home.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Keep the chin up Pyro, everyone has a bad run now and then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Best of luck Pyro, we're all rooting for you (and your bets of course ;) ) !

• Advertisement

I thought Calgary Bay came with a winning run but top weight took its toll, faded tamely.

The Cheka was backed from 20's into 10/1 and only managed 8th.

Eldalil was poor, no idea what's up with her now.

I should of took that break.

All on the 50/1 shot, he'll come last no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Spirit will rock home in 5.15 :D
    its well due,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Spirit Of Sharjah will rock home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

You wouldn't turn your nose up at 2nd behind Webbow ;)

I'd rather come last than get another second place! Even if it meant some returns. All I want is 1 win to get back on track, just can't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

I am after having some run with you pyro I am watching your lay log but think I will abstain as it's too much for me but I thought Calgary was coming to win the race for me I think his not quite tip top rather than weight and maybe is one to stick with

He looked fitter than any of the other ones, even the radio lads were surprised how good he looked. A combination of a brilliant front running ride on Midnight Chase and a failed challenge to get to the front really took its toll I'd say, possibly due to conceding nearly a stone to a horse who's so hard to get by. He will strip better for the run though, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

I'd rather come last than get another second place! Even if it meant some returns. All I want is 1 win to get back on track, just can't get it.

It'll come Pyro.... don't doubt it.

I don't believe you :D

PS
    Picking a 50/1 shot in a 30 runner handicap is not the way to find quick winners quickest way to find a winner, of course!

Nulty wrote: »
    PS
    Picking a 50/1 shot in a 30 runner handicap is not the way to find quick winners, of course!

Where did I say it was?

I fancy the horse and reckon he has as good a chance as any, the race is a lottery but 50's are far too big. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Would come in handy for me today as well. Havnt even got a place from six bets today :-(

Where did I say it was?

I fancy the horse and reckon he has as good a chance as any, the race is a lottery but 50's are far too big. Simple as that.

I didn't quote you directly...I suggested that if what you say about "I'd rather come last" and "All I want is 1 win" (emphasis by me) then you clearly wouldn't be taking a chance on a horse in a 30 runner handicap. There are clearly easier winners to find if that is "All" you want.

Nulty wrote: »
    I didn't quote you directly...I suggested that if what you say about "I'd rather come last" and "All I want is 1 win" (emphasis by me) then you clearly wouldn't be taking a chance on a horse in a 30 runner handicap. There are clearly easier winners to find if that is "All" you want.

I was speaking in terms of the run of losers, I get what you mean though. Any returns would be nice but I've had a fair few big prices done on the line and it's absolutely heartbreaking!

There are easier winners but I don't like shorter prices, tis no fun.

Bank - 367.66pts (+267.66pts)

There may be a break coming up after tomorrow, I'll be having quite a few bets and if the bank goes under +250 I'm going to wait for the NH to settle down before backing anything else.

Time to get the head down in the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

What's the ground like for Newmarket?

Snow Fairy isn't running :(

• Advertisement

Running Good at the moment apparently, could be quicker tomorrow.

No Snow Fairy but Wigmore Hall is running in the Champion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Chin up Pyro,I'm about to do a bet in my log for the first time in ages. Couldn't buy a winner but I've been picking a few out looking at the cards lately so hopefully we can both get back to winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Hope you take inspiration from this pyro. Just checked my pp account(the only account i have) . i Started following this thread on 1/09/2010. I`m not into horses at all really but for some reaso n happened upon one of ur posts.I decided to have a punt and deposited 100 e into the account and went 10e apoint.I think it was rossa midnight at a 2 pt win @11/2 as the first bet,and apart from the odd spur of the moment win from a football bet(usually loses), i`m at a total of 1083e. this is all ur doing.i have backed every bet religiously and reached an all time high of 1640e(about 2 week s ago).just want to let you know you are a winner and i will follow you all the way:):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

The laws of gambling variance are just fcuking you over lad. Your record for ROI speaks for itself..you'll be back. And I'll be back tomorrow as I'm away out on the piss! :D

The laws of gambling variance are just fcuking you over lad. Your record for ROI speaks for itself..you'll be back. And I'll be back tomorrow as I'm away out on the piss! :D

No better way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Just back from being on the piss ,enjoy.:)

pelliven wrote: »
    Hope you take inspiration from this pyro. Just checked my pp account(the only account i have) . i Started following this thread on 1/09/2010. I`m not into horses at all really but for some reaso n happened upon one of ur posts.I decided to have a punt and deposited 100 e into the account and went 10e apoint.I think it was rossa midnight at a 2 pt win @11/2 as the first bet,and apart from the odd spur of the moment win from a football bet(usually loses), i`m at a total of 1083e. this is all ur doing.i have backed every bet religiously and reached an all time high of 1640e(about 2 week s ago).just want to let you know you are a winner and i will follow you all the way:):):):):)

Thanks very much for that mate, I hope there's more money to come. I'll certainly take a lot from that and it makes me happy to make anyone a few quid, just makes me unhappy when the ones of late have been so far off the mark but that's racing/gambling and I'll hopefully click again soon.

The support from people such as yourself and everyone else that reads is truly wonderful, I really appreciate it especially in times where everything loses.

Cheers TNF, I hope that's it and I haven't completely lost my 'touch'. All of the other 'tipsters' (I hate that word!) are having awful runs of late so I'm not the only one, that's 20 losers in a row now, probably the longest I've ever went without a winner. Plenty being well backed but none running with too much credit at all, very disheartening but the only way to get out of it is to ride the storm and hope it changes. :) Starting tomorrow.

Yes sir keep 'em coming.

1:50 Newmarket - Red Jazz - 2pts @ 6/1 (StanJames)

Very game 3 year old who has held his own in pattern company, he has a lot of speed and comes here on the back of a career best performance when 3rd in the Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Ii Stakes. He was 3/4 of a length behind the winner, Poet's Voice and ran an absolute cracker despite being a 40/1 shot and even bigger throughout the day. On official figures he's rated 1lb behind his main challenger for this race, Delegator, he will be carrying 2lbs less than the Godolphin horse so he's well in at the weights, although not by much. If he replicates his run from last time out he should take a lot of beating here. Interestingly, Robert Winston takes the ride today, he has only been ridden by Michael Hills before but he's gone to Canada to ride in a Grade 1 there. Winston is a jockey I really rate and I think he could be a plus to this horse, I don't really think Hills is the best of jockeys at all and I'm interested to see how Red Jazz will do with a new pilot today. He has a wonderful attitude and if he gets past the likely pace setter Duff in the final couple I think Delegator could find it tough to pass the Barry Hills trained 3 year old who is often very game in front and has a nice turn of foot when it's required. The Godolphin trained 4 year old won a decent Listed race on his reappearance but this is much tougher, he should come on for that but I'm yet to be fully convinced that he retains all of the old ability that saw him come 2nd to Sea The Stars in the '09 2,000 Guineas and a neck behind the wonderful Mastercraftsman. I'm reckon he's a much better miler than he is over this 7f trip and my selection, Red Jazz, should relish the step back in trip from racing over a mile in a Group 1 last time out.

Red Jazz will love conditions today, he's a course and distance winner and has a sound draw in stall 7, not far away from the likely pace although he is prone to setting the pace himself but performed well off the back of a very good gallop last time out. There is a fair chance that the pace could be of a similar speed today and if it is my selection should take a lot of beating. Barry Hills has an excellent record in this race and has won it on 5 occasions and could well add another victory here, with a bit of luck. Red Jazz should love the ground today, it's currently Good and hopefully won't get any quicker. His record on Good ground is superb with form reading : 1-1-3. It is by far his most effective surface and with so much to suit here and on the back of a career best performance I see him as significantly overpriced at 6/1. I had him as a 7/2 shot and I don't think 6's will be around come race time. He has enough ability to win this and if he beats Delegator he will more than likely be the winner of this race. He's worth a small bet in the hope that he comes on for that Group 1 race and can take victory here in a Group 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Best o luck Pyro. Its been one of those days :-( I couldnt even get one winner in the O-B- comp tonight. (Not sure if site name is allowed or not?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement