Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Yes Indeed !!!!!!!!! Have to agree with you there Bones. He's due a big win. Have them all in multiples as well.Pyro to burn 'em up

lol cheers, multiples are impossible to get up. I'll eventually get a lot of them to win some day and I won't have a multiple but they're expensive in my experiences!
    Johner wrote: »
    Nice start Pyro. :) Have followed you with Vision Detat. Think he will be very hard to beat.

Cheers mate, I really fancy him to run well, certainly has the ability and this has been his aim all season. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Johner wrote: »
    Have followed you with Vision Detat. Think he will be very hard to beat.

Agreed,Vision D'Etat hasn't being given the respect he deserves being priced so big I think.

greetings wrote: »
    Maybe this is more a chat for the horse racing forum.

Makes no odds, there's enough chat in here as it is so it doesn't matter.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Makes no odds, there's enough chat in here as it is so it doesn't matter.

Alright,but I don't think he can be judged as being a shadow of his former self after 2 runs,one which he won,and the other which he clearly wasn't himself.

Alright,but I don't think he can be judged as being a shadow of his former self after 2 runs,one which he won,and the other which he clearly wasn't himself.

You said it.

• Advertisement

Hmm yes. As I'm sure you know performing poorly in one race doesn't mean the horse has lost all ability.Fame and Glory was beaten in a listed race at the start of this season and won the Coronation Cup. Winning a hot listed race and dissappointing in the next race doesn't show the horse has lost ability at all. (Fame and Glory was the first example that popped into my head,the list is endless)

And by not being himself I wasn't referring to his ability,I meant the horse could have been distressed. Who's to say there wasn't something physically wrong with him today? For all we know he could scope bad or anything.

Hmm yes. As I'm sure you know performing poorly in one race doesn't mean the horse has lost all ability.Fame and Glory was beaten in a listed race at the start of this season and won the Coronation Cup. Winning a hot listed race and dissappointing in the next race doesn't show the horse has lost ability at all. (Fame and Glory was the first example that popped into my head,the list is endless)

I know, I was joking.

In Red Jazz's current mood he's very tough to beat, I don't think Delegator would of been good enough to beat him based on that Listed race and he hasn't come on for it I'd imagine. I like the horse but he isn't up to what he used to be. Plus he's a better miler I think.

That's fair enough,I thought you were being serious. True,and no doubt he'll be rated higher than Delegator after today. I'd like to see Delegator go back to The Breeders' Cup this year,see how he can handle the real top horses over the mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

drifting big time,stress?,ran down very keenly,
    best of luck anyway

• Advertisement

It'd be interesting to see how he'd react, they're such odd things mentally and I bet he'd be way better up against the top class horses than these lower level Group runners, bar Red Jazz, you could claim he has decent G1 form but not spectacular. I hope Delegator gets back to what he was but I don't like Bin Sururururuurururuor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mannheim.rebel

didn't give himself a proper chance there. finished best of all just didn't pick up early enough:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

Tommy Quelly is off to a good start anyway !! hopefully he can squeeze it later!! good to see you got your winner anyway fella!! welcome back!!;)

Ran too freely and there was a lot of scrimmaging. Don't think many would of beaten Twice Over in that mood anyways, he loves it around here.

x PyRo wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see how he'd react, they're such odd things mentally and I bet he'd be way better up against the top class horses than these lower level Group runners, bar Red Jazz, you could claim he has decent G1 form but not spectacular. I hope Delegator gets back to what he was but I don't like Bin Sururururuurururuor.

Agreed,I never thought he was a totally genuine Group 1 performer,I couldn't understand how he went in to the Guineas as favourite.

And as for Twice Over,what a race he ran. The way he went from casual to flying was astonishing,he had everyone else on the back foot in a matter of strides. If Vision D'Etat was to get beaten,I would have wanted it to have been by him.I've been arguing all season that Twice Over is a group 1 horse on the horse racing forum,and no one can doubt that now.

And as for Twice Over,what a race he ran. The way he went from casual to flying was astonishing,he had everyone else on the back foot in a matter of strides. If Vision D'Etat was to get beaten,I would have wanted it to have been by him.I've been arguing all season that Twice Over is a group 1 horse on the horse racing forum,and no one can doubt that now.

Oh he is, I'd never doubt that but I thought he was so flat last time out and VD'E would beat him today, could of if he didn't blow it in the prelims but it would of been very tough regardless. Glad to see Cecil doing well, he always does me a good turn.

Cecil is an absolute gentleman and deserves it. Nice to see Khalid Abdulla doing so well,he's invested so much into racing and deserves to be rewarded,he'll have two nice stallions in Workforce and Twice Over,and even if Frankel flopped next season,he could go to stud on his 2 year old season alone.

If he got a fucking run he'd of won it. Fucking fuck.

3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Pyro is back :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

the man is back in action !!!!!!
    thanks pyro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mannheim.rebel

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! would have won by a distance if he wasn't stuck on inside. What a pick pyro. post commentary said best horse held on. not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Pyro ya legend... super pick!!:D

Haha nice day,what a run by Plymouth Rock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

segals tip beat it.
    hard luck

Thanks lads but I'm absolutely gutted beyond belief.

I truly believe he would of won that but got wedged on the rail and had to go the whole way around to the others side. Can't even be happy with a 12.5/1 place. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

FFS the one day i don't follow you.

He really did run on very strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Great pick for a 50/1 shot Pyro

Cheers everyone, serious run from a 50/1 shot but that was a joke of a price. Ran like a 5/1 shot, pity he lost so much to get a run. Gutted.

• Advertisement

+17.5pts today.

Still dreaming what could of been.

The last one, Nabah, was well backed from 66's early doors into 22/1. She didn't really handle the track and is one for the future. She ran a gallant 4th though.

Bank - 385.16pts (+285.16pts)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement