Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I had a match Pyro, from what I gather you had a 6/1 winner and 50/1 place today? I had your lay at 3.05 so I'm happy with that thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,904 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Superb pick in Nabah, Pyro.

Fair fecks...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

That'll do Pyro, that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Cheers Pyro. My brand new shiny log would look awful without your bets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Well done today, although I did not follow your selections, delighted to see back on top!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers lads, hopefully that's a little turn of fortune. I still better get owed the poor luck that Plymouth Rock had, we should of been collecting.

I'm feeling good about this again and quite positive. Hopefully there's a few more winners to come this month and salvage some profit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Huge dent put in last weeks losses.
    good comeback,
    shame Rock didnt rock home,

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers lads, hopefully that's a little turn of fortune. I still better get owed the poor luck that Plymouth Rock had, we should of been collecting.

I'm feeling good about this again and quite positive. Hopefully there's a few more winners to come this month and salvage some profit.

Was absoutely delighted 4 ya when I saw the first result today. Guess this means the monkey is dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great to see you back in form, it will take me about another 3 weeks before i get back what i lost last week, we live and learn:o.

Great to see you back in form, it will take me about another 3 weeks before i get back what i lost last week, we live and learn:o.

I sure hope we do :(

I have followed Pyro for the last 5 or 6 days on the lays. 100% SR and I have €30 to show for it. I preached on another thread how I am sticking to following Pyro because he knows what he is talking about where as I may as well guess. But the idiot that I am wouldn't listen to myself. I'd be about €150 richer in five days if I could walk away after winning in one bet. I'll have to practice what I preach or I'll be minus before I know it.
    darsar wrote: »
    My weakness is I lack discipline. Sometimes in times gone by I risk my whole balance on some blind bet ...... when i should leave it until pyro posts again. I can do it. Can't I Pyro?!?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Darsar,did you make some random bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I sure hope we do :(

I have followed Pyro for the last 5 or 6 days on the lays. 100% SR and I have €30 to show for it. I preached on another thread how I am sticking to following Pyro because he knows what he is talking about where as I may as well guess. But the idiot that I am wouldn't listen to myself. I'd be about €150 richer in five days if I could walk away after winning in one bet. I'll have to practice what I preach or I'll be minus before I know it.

greetings wrote: »
    Darsar,did you make some random bet?

Yes mate, on day three(of following Pyro) I was €75 quid in profit from Pyro alone. Got bored, ATR on the screen and lost €20. It was the €20 I just won from PyRos lay, it really annoyed me to be so stupid and I chased. See my qoute, I lack discipline. Lost all the three days profit and another €30 of my own.

Back on track now though although very silly thinking and looking at the Betting P&L. All the green is what I done from following Pyro bar one winner of my own, all the red was my own doing.

Ah no point beating yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Yes mate, on day three(of following Pyro) I was €75 quid in profit from Pyro alone. Got bored, ATR on the screen and lost €20. It was the €20 I just won from PyRos lay, it really annoyed me to be so stupid and I chased. See my qoute, I lack discipline. Lost all the three days profit and another €30 of my own.

Back on track now though although very silly thinking and looking at the Betting P&L. All the green is what I done from following Pyro bar one winner of my own, all the red was my own doing.

You'll learn, hopefully. Eventually you'l get sick of losing money and more focussed on finding winners. Do your own research! Find your own winners, that doesn't mean you can't follow Pyros bets too. You'll be far more satisfied if you win money from a bet you found yourself. You'll never be satisfied backing other peoples bets IMO. Maybe you will...I dunno.

Gambling advice forum

greetings wrote: »
    Ah no point beating yourself up.

The sooner I realise I don't have the racing knowledge I think I have it'll + my bank big style. Nulty, I will have discipline sooner rather than later!

Nulty wrote: »
    You'll learn, hopefully. Eventually you'l get sick of losing money and more focussed on finding winners. Do your own research! Find your own winners, that doesn't mean you can't follow Pyros bets too. You'll be far more satisfied if you win money from a bet you found yourself. You'll never be satisfied backing other peoples bets IMO. Maybe you will...I dunno.

Gambling advice forum

Surely your not hinting at GA?! :pac

2:00 Newcastle - The Fifth Member - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Talented 6 year old, who on his day would be in with a big shout in this race. He comes here fresh after being unraced for 10 months and making his reappearance at the back end of last month. He ran well for a long time over 1m at Ascot, tried to make the running but got tired, possibly needed the run (never won after a break) and should come here in far better knick. He is effective from 7f to 10f and runs over an 8 furlong trip here under stamina sapping conditions, which if recapturing old abilities, he will thrive on it. His abilities to run further than this trip should come in handy as 1m at the Newcastle track takes a lot of getting and his abilities to stay on well should come in handy here. He has also won on Heavy ground over 7f, placed over 1m and came nowhere over 1m 2f, all from 3 runs on Heavy ground. He should love these conditions and has some classy form along the lines suggesting that a mark of 86 may not be beyond him, despite being 5lbs above his highest winning mark but has placed from 3lbs higher on a couple of occasions.

The Fifth Member ran well for a long time last time out, sent off as a 57/1 outsider and hit 10/1 in running but faded tamely, I think he needed the run and should fair out a lot better here. He also tried to make all that day, a tactic that has never paid off for him before. He will more than likely be forced to sit further back today and that could pay dividends. The 2 Johnston horses could take it along at a good gallop and with my selection likely to be close up and potentially able to stay on best of the lot I think he'll go very well and hopefully place at least. He is most effective coming off a strong pace and his jockey Pat Cosgrave has given him similarly effective rides on numerous occasions, he has been on board The Fifth Member for 10 races winning 3 times with 2 seconds and 2 3rd places. Very impressive and they obviously get on well together, hopefully they'll click once again. Cosgrave rides the track very well on the rare occasion that he comes here, he has a 13% strike rate and has 3 rides today. He also does really well when riding for Jim Boyle (great name!), they have a 13% strike rate together. What really interests me is that Jim Boyle is making the guts of a 600 mile round trip from Epsom to Newcastle, a track that he has never visited before. I can't really get my head around it and possibly he feels the track is ideal for a horse like this, there couldn't be any other reason. This is the only horse he brings here and at 20/1 I'm certainly thinking he's overpriced and has good if not solid place claims on his best form, he will relish conditions and comes here fit, fresh and well treated. He's an 8/1 shot in my book and viciously overpriced by the odds compliers, they could be right but I don't think so.

Now on to the runners in the race, Osteopathic Remedy has to contend with top weight and had a tough race just over a week ago, he has also never run overly well on this ground and is much more effective in big fields. 7/2 represents now value and he's opposable and bordering on being a lay. Bullwhip is joint top weight, ran poor enough last time out and I'm not sure he'll enjoy the 1m trip in stamina testing conditions, I could be wrong but at 5/1 I can't get involved, especially without Buick on board for Gosden. The 2 Johnston horses, Al Farahidi and Secretive could both be out for the jog, knowing Johnston they probably will be kept for what will be 2 interesting 4 year old campaigns, they have the ability to win here but I'm not sure if this true test will be to their liking although the former won so well on a really tough Pontefract course in soft ground suggesting he could well enjoy this but at 5's I don't want to get on. City Of The Kings is a quick ground horse, has ability but may not be loving conditions here and I wouldn't be too keen on the claimer on board. Arabian Spirit is high enough in the weights, should enjoy conditions but not for me at 11/4, could be vulnerable at this track, came 11 of 11 on only run here off 2lbs higher and he's no value. Faithful Ruler is interesting on his best form but hasn't shown too much of late and not sure if he likes this really soft ground, form suggests not. The last one, Scrapper Smith, takes a big jump in class and has a penalty, he will enjoy conditions but it's a big leap up on all known form and I can't see how he's half the price of my selection. On his best form, The Fifth Member could go very well here, he runs well on the back of a good gallop and has enough speed, stamina and a good attitude to run well here. I think he'll go close if coming back to his old self and I can't see the price hanging around for too long. He's worth small each way stakes in the hope that he is up to his old ability and justifies Boyle's extremely long trip.

Quick one for the jumps. Price to follow.

3:25 Kempton - Goodwood Starlight - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Followed this one on the flat for a while, he's a decent 5 year old who has ability when in the mood, tends to pull hard but has a wonderful turn of foot on his day. I reckon he'll prove to be a decent sort over timber and although this may be a tough ask to win at Listed level on his hurdling debut I think it's worth taking a small chance on. He's from a yard who do very well with their hurdlers, he's trained by Sheena West and she has a very good 11% strike rate when running horses over hurdles and has a massive profit to £1 level stakes of £162 with a 49% ROI. She is sure to have this fellow in tip top shape and if taking to the jumps on his first run he'll be very dangerous on these terms. He will love the ground, stays all day but often pulls too hard but might have too much on his mind to do that here. This doesn't look the strongest of 2m races and I reckon one of the first time jumpers will win it, hopefully it'll be Goodwood Starlight. He's currently trading at 25/1 for small money but I'm expecting it'll be a lot shorter than that come morning, I'd be happy with 12/1 or so and that's what his forecast price suggests he will be. Jamie Goldstein takes the ride and he's a decent jockey and rides well for this trainer, they've had 14 runners at this course winning twice and with decent priced horses too, hopefully it's a good omen. He's worth small e/w stakes in the hope that he takes to this first time, he's certainly one to follow in the long term and I think he'll come into his own this season. He has the ability and will be suited by a likely fast gallop here, he could be anything but hopefully it's something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Best of luck PyRo, Ive a feeling your on a roll again, youve clearly got a talented eye, I just hope you keep sharing with us faithfull

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    Best of luck PyRo, Ive a feeling your on a roll again, youve clearly got a talented eye, I just hope you keep sharing with us faithfull

Cheers mate, long hours more than anything. Dedicating all my time to this has paid off when it's good, when it's bad it's heart wrenching!

As long as the RP don't come a calling I'll be around. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I soon as I came on the thread and mentioned the going at Newmarket, your next pick there wins!

Like the day the after I picked the avatar, you broke a bad spell then too.

I'm your lucky rabbit's foot I tells ya :p

Now, if only I had backed Red Jazz too :mad:

Pete, there's a spare half a bed here waiting for you if you're interested. ;)

Oh shit, this isn't CAFC. :pac:

You damn right are my lucky charm! I manged to break this streak at the 21st attempt, my longest one before was in August, broken at the 24th attempt. I hope that never happens again! Red Jazz was wonderful altogether, all of the ones at Newmarket could of won with a bit of luck but I was happy with 1 just to snap out of the crappy run. Now to hopefully plow on but I do crap on Sundays.

On a side note, I was PM'd on another site where a dude has been keeping track of my bets via a spreadsheet, to Betfair SP with 1pt win and 1pt place. I'm over 400pts up at Betfair SP since July, I always thought I'd make a loss at level stakes and to SP, obviously not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Off topic question, Wut is CAFC, I have been seeing this everywhere, I hate all these private forums, it's impossible to know if you'd like to use them if you don't know they are there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dossier

2:00 Newcastle - The Fifth Member - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Now at 15/2 on PP. I got on at 20s last night! :D

Meant to say thanks Pyro, had your selections backed yesterday and made a few quid. Gonna be following from now on.

Best of luck to yourself, and to all the other disciples!

Quick one for the jumps. Price to follow.

3:25 Kempton - Goodwood Starlight - 1pt e/w

Followed this one on the flat for a while, he's a decent 5 year old who has ability when in the mood, tends to pull hard but has a wonderful turn of foot on his day. I reckon he'll prove to be a decent sort over timber and although this may be a tough ask to win at Listed level on his hurdling debut I think it's worth taking a small chance on. He's from a yard who do very well with their hurdlers, he's trained by Sheena West and she has a very good 11% strike rate when running horses over hurdles and has a massive profit to £1 level stakes of £162 with a 49% ROI. She is sure to have this fellow in tip top shape and if taking to the jumps on his first run he'll be very dangerous on these terms. He will love the ground, stays all day but often pulls too hard but might have too much on his mind to do that here. This doesn't look the strongest of 2m races and I reckon one of the first time jumpers will win it, hopefully it'll be Goodwood Starlight. He's currently trading at 25/1 for small money but I'm expecting it'll be a lot shorter than that come morning, I'd be happy with 12/1 or so and that's what his forecast price suggests he will be. Jamie Goldstein takes the ride and he's a decent jockey and rides well for this trainer, they've had 14 runners at this course winning twice and with decent priced horses too, hopefully it's a good omen. He's worth small e/w stakes in the hope that he takes to this first time, he's certainly one to follow in the long term and I think he'll come into his own this season. He has the ability and will be suited by a likely fast gallop here, he could be anything but hopefully it's something special.

Top price widely available at 20/1 pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

the fifth member is 8/1 now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not a bad start. Only got 8s but profit is profit B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

not bad start at all, got 8s aswell, im a fan of cosgrave but dont think he gave fifth member best ride IMO
    All the same a fantastic pick pyro for a 20/1 into 6s your remarkable:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just started following this thread. Have an each way double on The Fifth Member (15/2 only) and Goodwood Starlight (16/1). Good stuff so far. Thanks a lot.

I think my gambling outgoings are about to increase again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement