Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thats life indeed Pyro. Went through a couple of years with my mother although different complaint but knew how it was going to end. Hopefully the horses will take your mind off things for a bit.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thats life indeed Pyro. Went through a couple of years with my mother although different complaint but knew how it was going to end. Hopefully the horses will take your mind off things for a bit.

Cheers dude, it's awful but that's what'll happen us all in the end. It's worse when it's another person you love though.

The horses should help, gives me something to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers dude, it's awful but that's what'll happen us all in the end. It's worse when it's another person you love though.

The horses should help, gives me something to do!

Fair play lad, try to keep strong.

Lost an uncle to cancer just over a year ago and a grandad a while back, aswell as have an aunt diagnosed with it this year but hopefully she can fight it. Seems to be a trend in the family and it's a tough thing to deal with mate but not a whole lot you can do bar being there for them.

Best of luck though Pyro.

Risky horsey number one!

1:55 Newmarket - Blessed Biata - 1pt e/w @ 40/1 (Bet365)

Well bred 2 year old who is closely related to five winners including German 2,000 Guineas winners Dupont and Pacino. She made her debut at Kempton over 6f, it took her quite a while to get used to her new surroundings and she didn't get going until late on. She was held up near the rear of the field and wasn't really travelling, she was then under pressure 2f out but eventually started to eat up the ground from just outside the 1f marker to fly home late to grab 4th place. That wasn't the strongest of maidens by any means but her run was quite eye catching and she should certainly come on in leaps and bounds for having had that experience. This is certainly a huge jump up from that class 4 maiden but if she proves as classy as some of her relatives she could just outrun her price tag and ground that may be to her liking due to her sires record of producing some decent soft ground animals. This may be a complete shot in the dark but she's now stepped up to 7f and on the back of a good gallop her impressive stamina should kick in and hopefully she could run on for a place, her action gave me the impression that the soft ground may prove to be an ideal surface for her and she has a good draw in stall 14.

This is a huge step up in class for Blessed Biata but I certainly expect she could be a decent sort next year and is worth keeping an eye on between now and then. She seems to have a good turn of foot and with an emphasis on stamina on the testing ground of a galloping track she may just have the ability to outrun her price tag in this big race. She's trained by the wonderful William Haggas who'd be prone to the odd big priced winner and I'd expect she'll be well primed for this after having her debut run 4 weeks ago. Haggas has a decent record at the course and Liam Jones takes the ride, he has a very impressive level stakes profit at this course and a good 14% strike rate and a 42% strike rate over this C&D, not that it really matters! He's a jockey I rate quite highly and if he can get this filly settled she could have an outside chance of grabbing a place. Together, from the AP O'Brien yard is certainly the one to beat but at 9/4 I think she's opposable despite her impressive run behind White Moonstone last time out, I also think she needs 1 mile at least and the drop back to 7f isn't ideal. I'm going to take a punt and back the Haggas filly at odds that are too big to me. She is a 16/1 shot in my book and should have a lot more to come. 40/1 is above and beyond what I'd expect to back her at and she's worth a small each way bet to cause a shock. Hopefully she doesn't come last.
    naughto wrote: »
    6th ran a good race started at the back from the off and made it s way up through the field

Blessed Biata
    She ran a stormer considering she ran green and hung left. Very fast finishing too, she'll make a good miler I'd say. Keep an eye on her.

Runs on Saturday in the 3:40 at Newbury, should be 10/1 upwards.

I'm lumping on. I really think she'll be a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Runs on Saturday in the 3:40 at Newbury, should be 10/1 upwards.

I'm lumping on. I really think she'll be a class act.

Was looking at that as well. Just waiting on prices to come up. A few others you've tipped in the past are also running in kempton . Was having a look a Reve de nuit in the 4:50 in Newbury . Any thoughts?

P.s. Keep your chin up and keep busy I found it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Thank you all so much folks, really means a lot. :) Been a long day and she's still hanging in there somehow but the inevitable is coming, that's life unfortunately.

Small one today, short write up as I'm wrecked tired.

3:55 Doncaster - Kellys Eye - 1pt e/w @ 25/1 (PaddyPower)

Previous selection of mine, consistent at this level and never beaten by far, he runs off a mark of 93 here and I think he has a race like this in him off that mark. Jamie Spencer takes the ride so there's a risk attached but he guided him to a 4th place out of 16 runners on his only time on board. He rides the course reasonably well and this horse should appreciate its galloping nature, he handles all ground and although not well drawn it shouldn't prove an impossible task. 4 places are being paid and I think he could grab one at the very least, if running to ability. There's a hell of a lot of pace in the race and that will suit as he often stays on very strongly and has a nice turn of foot. Spencer is 2/5 when riding for this trainer with a further 2 places, it's an interesting booking for Kellys Eye and he could well outrun his price tag. Tough race but not beyond him in my opinion.

Feeling nervous that I'm up against you, I have gone for Joseph Henry as I think the drop in furlong will suit.

On a side note I hope you through the hard time and I know how your feeling as I have lost two close relatives to cancer.

Cheers lads. :)

Almat, I'll get back to you about Reve De Nuit.

I don't know why I keep persisting with Jamie Spencer, the retard ruined Kellys Eyes chances again, ran a stormer considering Spencers stupid tactic of trying to get her a run through.

Roll on tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haven't been on this in a while,sorry to hear about your family member. My great aunt died of cancer on;ly last week,didn't know her very well but felt sorry for my grandad. Nothing you can do really I'm afraid but enjoy whatever time you have left with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really sorry to hear that Pyro. :(

Cheers guys. :)

1:55 Doncaster - Cheveton - 2pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Owes me nothing after selecting him on his last 2 runs, both of which he won. He comes here bang in form and despite only just getting there to win last time out I feel he could of won by more with numerous things going against him in running. He was hampered at the start of the race, not too badly but it would still have a fair effect on him, he also could get a run 1f out and had to be switched before making a very late charge. With a clear run he could of won by a couple of lengths at least and he has been risen to a mark of 97 now, potentially not beyond him if in the same vein of form as his last 2 runs. He has a great turn of foot when there's some juice in the ground and at the moment it should suit him to perfection, he has a perfect draw in stall 20 and he's highly suited by the galloping nature of the Doncaster track. He has run here before, never too well but has never been beaten by more than 4.75 lengths here and has never been here in such a rich vein of form. This is possibly his toughest task to date in terms of the opposition he faces but at this price he's certainly worth taking a chance on. Dale Swift gets the ride on Cheveton again, he was on board for his 2 recent wins, giving good rides on both occasions. He's excellent value for his 5lb claim and brings the Richard Price trained 6 year old down to a riding weight of 9st, which could put him bang in the mix.

He hasn't raced for 4 weeks and should come here fit and ready to put up a brave effort. Price has never had a winner at Doncaster, nor has Dale Swift, I'm hoping that Cheveton can change all of that. There is plenty of pace in the field and that should be to his liking, the ground is perfect as it is and he's well drawn, I can't understand how he's not shorter than the current odds of 10/1. If he gets the breaks in running he could be staying on the best of the lot from the rear and with 4 places paid I fully expect he'll grab one of those, at least. Harry Patch is the big danger, he's a lightly races, progressive and highly talented sort, but he's drawn poor enough for this minimum 5f trip but may be good enough to overcome that. I just don't want to get involved at 9/2 in a race like this and although he stands a solid chance I think Cheveton will push him right down to the wire if Swift doesn't give my selection too much to do. He's on a horse with a great attitude and one who will give his all if he's able to and I'm hopeful he can do me another good turn, he's 6/1 2nd favourite in my book and I don't think 10's will be around for too long, medium each way stakes for me.

• Advertisement

2:55 Doncaster - Zaidan - 1pt e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365)

Unexposed 2 year old who made great strides when winning the Chesham Stakes at Ascot in June, beating some classy 2 year olds in the process. He was over 5 lengths ahead of the highly progressive King Torus who finished 4th that day, he has went on to win 2 Group 2 races since including one demolition job when winning by 6 lengths. My selection then bombed out on softer ground next time out in the Listed Washington Singer at Newbury. That was only a 4 runner race which was run at a very fast gallop, he tried to keep up with the pace setter early on which put paid to his challenge and he found little in the final couple of furlongs. The soft ground was put forwards as the main reason for his poor showing but I don't believe that to be the case. He certainly appeared to be traveling nicely throughout and in my opinion he suffered due to the pace. There's no real speed merchants in this race that will take the field along at 100mph so I'm expecting things could go in the favour of Zaidan.

The ground isn't ideal but I still think he has the ability to go well with a bit of cut in the ground despite that being the excuse for his run last time out. The Doncaster course should suit his galloping style perfectly and he's a big strong colt who should still have a lot more to give. Zaidan is clearly held in high regard and I consider him a very exciting prospect for next year if all goes well. It may be a bit risky backing him on this ground but I really thought he was traveling well on it when last seen and he may find everything a little bit easier this time around. Seb Sanders is on board again and he has taken the ride on all 3 of his career starts. Sanders rides the course well, he has a good 13% strike rate when riding for Clive Brittain and shows a tidy profit too. Sanders comes here for only 1 ride which is interesting and I think he's a great partner for the potentially top class Zaidan. I think that the 25's available are far too big, he's clearly a talented horse and this is a tough race but I think there's a lot more to come from this fellow over 1m+ and now stepped up to this trip for the first time could see him in a better light. He has won at this course before, on debut and over 5f, this is a completely different kettle of fish but I think he could run into a place if handling the ground. He's a 10/1 shot in my book and I think he could run well enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

familiar names,
    hopefully a good win today,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

All the best to you and your family at this time Pyro. Good to have you still around. Its never easy. Chin up lad.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. :) The show must go on!

2:05 Newbury - Dux Scholar - 3pts @ 5/1 (StanJames)

Constantly improving 2 year old who could go on to bigger and better things next year but looks a very decent sort at this moment in time. He's stepping back in trip to 7f after running at a mile on his last 3 outings, 2 of which were poor enough races. His 3rd place last time out was eye catching in many ways, he made a burst to get to the front just over 2f out but tired badly and found nothing in the final 150 yards, suggesting the step back in trip should be exactly what's required. He will enjoy the cut in the ground and should be ideally suited to the galloping nature of the Newbury track, he strikes me as a speedy individual when he clicks and with Ryan Moore on board for the 2nd time in his short career I'm expecting him to put up a bold effort to claim a Group 3 scalp on his 5th outing. He's drawn well in stall 11 and with a distinct lack of out and out pace in the race I think it could be lined up for him, there's plenty of prominent racers here but none that plug along and any great speed which will make it easier for Dux Scholar when the going gets tough as he seems to have a nice change of gears when they're required and with less emphasis on a true test of stamina and more emphasis on speed come the final couple of I think he could have the beating of this lot with the turn of foot he showed on his last run, despite looking outpaced at one stage. He's trained by the wonderful Michael Stoute so I highly doubt his progression will stop any time soon, Stouty does well enough at Newbury although he has never had a 2 year old winner here when Moore has been onboard but hopefully it's 22nd time lucky today, they've a 19% strike rate together at the track overall and Moore usually does very well here. 5/1 looks a price too big to turn down for me, I had him priced up as the 11/4 second favourite, just behind Elzaam. I can't back that one based on his poor performance when last seen over 3 months ago and he represents poor value but sets a high standard at his best, he's a classy animal but I find it odd that they're firing on blinkers on him already. I'm not sure that the step up to 7f on this slow ground will suit either and he's certainly opposable in my eye, Richard Hills on board is a big no-no too. Medium sized stakes at a tasty price for the Michael Stoute trained 2 year old, he has a lot going for him here and provided there's not a really fast tempo he should go well.

2:40 Newbury - Clowance - 2pts @ 11/2 (PaddyPower)

Classy mare on her day, 5 years old now and lightly raced having had only 7 starts in a career spanning across 4 seasons. She needs conditions to be ideal and Roger Charlton has been patient with this daughter of Montjeu. With rain forecast overnight and soft ground a distinct possibility she should have everything just right for her. On her day she'd make light work of this field but she hasn't been seen for 6 months and it's a bit of a lottery as to how she will turn up but I fully expect Charlton will have her in fine knick and ready to claim her first Group win. She has placed in 3 Group 1's in 3 countries, most notably the Irish St Ledger after a 15 month lay off which suggests to me that she should handle the break and she won her maiden after 6 months off. She has been campaigned at distances varying from 1m on debut to bordering on 2 miles when racing at Lonchamp, this 1m 4f trip should be ideal and with a solid pace almost guaranteed we should see her at her optimum today, all going well. She may have to sit back in the field to run on late but she can be ridden to race prominent also, she has a hell of a lot of stamina but also has the speed to match and with Richard Hughes on board chasing the jockeys championship she has a man on a mission on board for the day. He should be an ideal partner for her and all going well I think she could outrun her price, if she wasn't off the track for so long she wouldn't be even close to this price and she's good value for money. I can't see 11/2 hanging around for long and her price is already on the move with some other firms. I think this race could be made for her assuming the rain comes and the ground softens but at this price she's worth the risk. Clowance has a lot to prove in terms of finally getting a Group win but when on song she's certainly much better than these horses and having already experienced this track on 4 occasions and having won here 2 times I think she holds a big advantage over her rivals, none of which have won at this course. It's no easy task by any means but I think she will run very well and I had her priced up as the 3/1 clear favourite, making 11/2 way too big and she's worth small/medium stakes in the hope that she proves to be as good as ever.

3:10 Newbury - Gouray Girl - 2pts e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Relatively unexposed 3 year old filly who has had 8 career runs, 4 this year and 4 last year, she should come her fit, fresh and ready to put up a bold bid in what looks a decent contest but certainly has a race of this calibre in her locker if turning up. She handles all ground but goes particularly well with cut in the ground, which she should get today. She hasn't won since debut but has put in a number of solid placed efforts since, placing off marks of 75, 80, 83 and 87. She runs here off a mark of 90 and a place is the least I'm expecting if she runs to ability. She steps up to 7f for the first time and it has always shaped as if it would suit, she is bred to stay this trip and possibly further but has plenty of speed and should relish these conditions on this track, I always like to be on horses who come from the back at Newbury and she fits the bill, she's very fast when she gets going and should be staying on as well as any come the final couple of furlongs and she has a grand draw in stall 10 so she should get a good sit in behind. Interestingly, she is partnered by the unbelievably talented Jamie Spencer, (sarcasm!) he's awful at times and splendid on occasion, he'll be suited to this filly and if he can get her settled he may just somehow manage to avoid running her into the arse of other horses, but this is Jamie we're talking about and he'll probably do it anyways, just for the fun of it.

Spencer doesn't ride for Swinburn too often and when he does he has a good 16% strike rate, he also rides the course well on occasion and 7f is probably one of his more effective riding distances as it's not short enough to hold the horse up for too long and it's not long enough for Jamie to dance the horse around in front until it gets too tired. Swinburn doesn't come here too often with horses but he has a decent 10% strike rate and his horse have been running with credit of late. All going well he should have this one primed and ready to strike here today and land the spoils, she certainly has the ability to do it. Gouray Girl is currently priced up at 8/1 and with so much in her favour today I'm expecting that to shorten, she's an 11/2 shot in my book and looks like a good each way price with 4 places paid and 1/4 the odds for those places. She's never beaten by much, her biggest defeat was last time out when she was 4 lengths away but she's ultra consistent and I think she'll be putting that run behind her now if something doesn't go wrong. Place claims at least, plenty of claims to why she could win too. Small/medium each way stakes at a tasty price, which may not last.

I said I was lumping on when I seen this one out again, and that I am doing! Crazy price. Gone beyond my max bet for the first time since I said 5pts was the limit.

3:40 Newbury - Blessed Biata - 5pts e/w @ 9/1 (StanJames)

Lightly raced 2 year old, only has had 2 runs to date, both highly promising and I reckon she'll go on to be a classy 3 year old if she trains on. She is closely related to five winners including German 2,000 Guineas winners Dupont and Pacino. She made her debut at Kempton over 6f, it took her quite a while to get used to her new surroundings and she didn't get going until late on. She was held up near the rear of the field and wasn't really travelling, she was then under pressure 2f out but eventually started to eat up the ground from just outside the 1f marker to fly home late to grab 4th place. This is certainly a huge jump up from that class 4 maiden but if she proves as classy as some of her relatives she could just outrun her price tag and ground that may be to her liking due to her sires record of producing some decent soft ground animals.

Blessed Biata ran at Newmarket last time out in a valuable Sales race in which I selected her and she went off at 50/1, she ran an absolute cracker and made rapid late headway after being stopped in her run on 2 occasions which cost her the race, in my opinion. She ended up coming 6th of 20, 1 3/4 lengths behind the impressive Masaya. The form of that race is the best on the table and she certainly can consider herself an unlucky loser. That was her first run over 7f and she got it with ease, although I think she'll make a mighty fine miler. She handled the soft ground with ease that day also and with slow enough conditions likely today she will have things to her liking, her Sire has produced a number of decent slow ground specialists and she seemed to enjoy it when getting to grips with the race last time out. She had Liam Jones on board that day, with all due respect he's a decent jockey but the step up to Jim Crowley here is yet another positive, he's a jockey I rate and he has always done me good turns in the past. He's on this filly for the first time and he's riding as well as ever of late, with 4 winners in the past few days and another couple unlucky not to be in the winners enclosure also. He does reasonably well at the course and doesn't ride often for William Haggas so I find he's an interesting booking for the yard. Haggas has been bang in form this month with a fair few winners and he has a good 14% strike rate at this course and shows a profit with his 2 year olds, he's very patient with his juveniles and I expect she'll be let of the leash today and we'll see a big run. She has cracking potential and ever since I watched that debut run I thought she could make a very nice sort, all going well it'll start here today. 9/1 is a monster price based on her run last time out and if she replicates that and gets some luck in running she'll go very well. She has place claims at an absolute minimum and big win claims assuming she came out of that race 3 weeks ago without problem. There are no fewer than 6 first time out winners racing here and they could be anything but Blessed Biata brings cracking form to the table, has a turn of foot to match any of them and is suited by conditions here. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of pace here which may be ideal, she seemed to find the race was over before it begun last time out and with that less likely to happen here she'll have more time to find her feet and get into that big galloping stride, the track will suit her and she has a might fine pilot to guide her home. She's the 7/2 clear favourite in my book and I may be a bit mental with double maximum each way stakes here but even if she does lose I've absolutely no doubt I'll be paid back big time next year and I don't want to miss out on her winning for the first time, she's a cracking filly and she should prove well ahead of this Listed class, although so could a number of the others but I'm a gambler and it's worth the risk.

Total Staked - 25pts

Haven't staked so much since Cheltenham. :eek: Could be a disaster or brilliant, I'm favouring the latter. :) Here's hoping and good luck if anyone plays any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Total Staked - 25pts

Haven't staked so much since Cheltenham. :eek: Could be a disaster or brilliant, I'm favouring the latter. :) Here's hoping and good luck if anyone plays any of them.

Balls of steel you got sir. If I'm up in time in the morn I'll most likely back your tips. Anywho good luck to all. I'm going to sleep the **** out of my bed.

• Advertisement

Cheers dude, haven't had a bet like this one in quite a while. As the old saying goes, you gotta spend money to make money. :pac: I could easily look like a clown come late afternoon but shit happens and it's worth the risk. :)

I'm going to sleep now too, got to be up early in the morning to get more money on in the local on Blessed Biata so it'll be tough to trek out of bed. I hate mornings!

All the best mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just threw on a few bets - decent prices for most of them too .... big day, Pyro.... best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

After posting last night went off did my picks and placed my bets . was quite pleased when i woke up this morning and saw you've picked most of the same horses. I must have learned something from reading your posts ;) although in fairness i only picked most of them cause they had been in races you've tipped.

Here's hoping for a good days racing to lift our spirits.

I've only bet a fiver today,against Clowance,I've gone with La De Two just because he's one of my favourite horses after he won me and a lad at work a good bit of money in his seasonal reapparance, good luck today.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Only read about your bad news now man!! Very sorry to hear.

Best of luck with the inplay cash today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

2:05 Newbury - Dux Scholar - 3pts @ 5/1 (StanJames)

:eek: Oh no, I've layed this one :rolleyes:

He'll probably lose anyways man. :pac: Being well backed though. :eek:

Cheveton lands place money, rarely lets me down too much. :) Ground possibly not soft enough for him but he ran a cracker but just didn't have the speed. Glad to get place money from him again. I love that horse! Even when he doesn't win.

Dux Scholar well backed

• Advertisement

Done on the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement