Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Bet 365 just gave me money back on the 2.55 Doncaster.
    Did Zaidan not run or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

He did,must have been a money back offer if Casamento won.

Zoowraa looked nice in that race.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Woah, she ran a stinker there. No idea what was up, didn't seem up to the task today at all. Takes the gloss off a nice day.

2 winners, 2 places, 2 poor efforts.

Got money back on Zaidan too. No idea why.

+21pts today.

Bank - 394.16pts (+294.16pts)

Time for beer now!

Good man Pyro, I think today really proves your true knowledge and love of the sport, managing such a great return today considering other matters you have got to deal with at the minute.

Absolutely chuffed for ya man!

• Advertisement

Thank you mate, she must of given me a lot of luck or something! I felt confident today for the first time in a while.

Pity about Blessed Biata but it could always be worse!

I'm going to get so hammered tonight, lots of cash to do so. :) No selections for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well done, dude. :)

Cheers Dave, it's nice to have the monkey off my back. The fecker weighed a ton. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

super stuff as always,would of backed your selections as i said in my log but just didnt have the bank to do so,with everything thats been going on with ya recently your due a good night.
    well done.;);););)...

Cheers mate, takes a decent bank to take the good with the bad but these days are worth it.

I managed to lose 10pts on a bet and still managed an 84% ROI, of which a fair bit will be turned into alcohol. :pac: Very very happy with todays efforts, makes spending 8-10 hours a day going through cards worth it.

This has been my worst month yet and I'm still only -0.85pts for the month. Quite happy with that considering the run of 20 without a winner. :eek:

Onwards, upwards, pubwards. :pac:

• Advertisement

I asked on bet365 why bet in 2.55 was refunded, heres why...

I can inform you that the bet stake was credited back into your account due to our channel 4 free bet offer.

You would have had a winner in the previous live channel 4 race and this would entitle you to a free bet on the next live channel 4 race. This free bet is placed out of your funds as usual however if it is a losing selection your stake will be refunded back into your account within an hour after the race.

For full terms, conditions and channel 4 schedule please see the below link:

http://www.bet365.com/extra/en/promotions/horse-racing/chann el4-to-1-offer/

If you require any further assistance in regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email support-eng@customerservices365.com, freephone 08000 288 365 or alternatively call 01782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.

Kind regards,

Govinder S
    The bet365 Team

That's what I thought alright, such a class bookmaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

A small profit of 10e for me today on the back of these. Lumped and lost but a good day's racing for a tenner. ;)

Just for anyone who wants to watch,Cue Card runs tomorrow at Aintree in a novice hurdle. Good to see possible stars make a seasonal reapparance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Congrats awesome day

• Registered Users Posts: 43,904 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went down to the pub before Blessed Biata ran...

.. but hey, the profits from your picks was enough to buy a pint or two.

Cheers mate... you had a cracking day it must be said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Haven't looked at this for a while, but it's nice to see you nearly hitting the 300pts profit mark :)

KUTGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Well done PyRo and thanks, I made a modest sum on these today.

Are you going to continue your lay thread? I prefer laying to betting, and it was going quite well.

sweet beers tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers mate, takes a decent bank to take the good with the bad but these days are worth it.

I managed to lose 10pts on a bet and still managed an 84% ROI, of which a fair bit will be turned into alcohol. :pac: Very very happy with todays efforts, makes spending 8-10 hours a day going through cards worth it.

This has been my worst month yet and I'm still only -0.85pts for the month. Quite happy with that considering the run of 20 without a winner. :eek:

Onwards, upwards, pubwards. :pac:

Well done Pyro.. a good day's betting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Well done P. Hope you had a good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

pyro?... asleep or plotting!???... :P
    great day p good to see :D

Cheers guys, it was a decent night out, sore head now!

To Technique, my laying thread will be back in action soon enough, I'm just flat out at the moment.

My Aunt passed away in the early hours of Sunday morning so there won't be many selections for a few days, just the odd one when I get to gawk at the cards. Cheers for the kind words folks, much appreciated.

One today.

4:20 Southwell - Becausewecan - 3pts @ 9/1 (WillHill)

Heavily raced 4 year old from the Mark Johnston yard who is without a win in 2010 but has put in numerous solid efforts and is now 15lbs below his peak handicap mark. He ran poorly last time out but like many Johnston horses he has the ability to bounce back. He's running on the All Weather for the first time since coming 5th in a class 2 handicap off a mark of 95, now off a mark of 80 at his best trip (12f), I can certainly see him getting very competitive if unaffected by a hard long season. He has shaped as if still in good form when placing on 2 of his last 4 starts and he was very well backed last time out, quite significant with a Johnston horse in my opinion. Johnston only sends 2 here today, he's 31 runners without a winner which is quite a staggering amount for a man with such training talents. He does brilliantly when running horses here, his strike rate is 21% from 733 runners and he shows a level stakes profit to SP too, which is quite impressive. Joe Fanning takes the ride and he has a 19% SR here when riding for Johnston and he gets on very well with this horse, having won on him once and placing on another 5 occasions from 8 runs.

Becausewecan is most effective when getting the lead and with his draw in stall 6 (of 7) he should be perfectly positioned to attack. There are no out and out pacemakers in the field and he may get an uncontested lead, that's what I'm hoping for anyways. Fanning is a very good jockey from the front and when he won aboard this fellow he made all to win a class 2 handicap over this trip, off a 5lb higher mark. He has only run on the AW on 5 occasions, running well every time. His form reads : 1-2-2-2-5. One of those 2nd placed efforts were on his only visit to this track but it was over 1 mile, a trip he's not as effective over. He'll certainly have a lot more going for him here than he has had in a lot of his races of late and I think he stands a reasonably solid chance of running a big race. 9/1 is madness in my opinion, he's the 9/2 second favourite in my book, just behind Taikoo who is a very interesting proposition here but certainly not one to get involved with at around the 3/1 mark. I'm going to side with the Johnston horse, he's about double the price I think he should be and worth medium stakes, he's tough and consistent on these surfaces and very very well handicapped. I'm expecting a big run.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Sorry to hear, I hope she is at peace and you are doing OK.

May go with your backing today even though I'm layer.

Dar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

I like Lucky Punt in the same race, as a long shot, but I have never been good to pick a outsider. It is at 8/1 but might drift to 10/1...lol

Like your tread and good luck with your picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sorry for your troubles James.
    Might give this one a miss. Its only 5/1 now. Maybe a r/f with the fav if Im bored later.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Condolences Pyro sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 43,904 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very sorry to hear about your aunt Pyro.

My deepest condolences to you and yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sorry for your loss man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Condolences, Pyro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement