Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sorry to hear of your loss Pyro. At least she isn't in pain anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Sorry to hear about your loss Pyro

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers guys, at least she's not suffering anymore, that's some consolation at least. :)
    x PyRo wrote: »
    4:20 Southwell - Becausewecan - 3pts @ 9/1 (WillHill)

Landed on a gamble, backed into 3/1 and came 2nd, ran a gallant race all things considered, just ran into one too good. I don't mind losing after getting the value on these ones, if I can back 9/1 shots that go off 3/1 and hit the percentages then there's no way I can lose! Pity it doesn't always work like that.
    I like Lucky Punt in the same race, as a long shot, but I have never been good to pick a outsider. It is at 8/1 but might drift to 10/1...lol

Well done dude, perfect shout and drifted to 10/1! That horse loves Southwell, I thought he may of had a tough job off top weight but done it nicely. Hope you backed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Cheers xPyRo,

I only do the odd post on the GG's, this was my last one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67324513#post67324513

Your tread is a inspiration, good luck and hope you hit the bookies hard.

Luck Punt was my only bet for the day......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Sorry to hear about your loss Pyro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Condolenses Pyro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mannheim.rebel

Condolences Man. Sorry for your loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Verry sorry to hear about your Aunt mate, my condolences to you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sorry to hear about your loss Pyro. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Very sorry to hear that Pyro, my condolences. I would have posted them sooner only I very rarely look at horse racing threads. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to tell a horse from a pony such is my poor knowledge of the sport! :o

• Advertisement

Cheers for the messages folks. :) Out at the funeral all day tomorrow so I won't see this race but having a small bet anyways.

Short reasoning, absolutely wrecked.

4:00 Haydock - Fine Parchment - 1pt @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Goes well fresh and hasn't been seen for over 6 months, drops back to 3miles which he should stay with ease, track should suit and if the jumping clicks I expect a bold performance from this fellow. Good jockey on board and he has won on him before. Quicker ground shouldn't be a problem and all going well he should be bang in contention come the final couple, tends to find little at times but his record fresh is good enough to put him in with a big shout here. 6's look generous but it's a tough race, small win bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck Pyro,hope you're alright today.
    I see Plymouth Rock's half brother is running today in a maiden at Nottingham called Spifer. Has a derby entry and by motivator,could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sorry to hear that your Aunt has passed Pyro. May she RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

will you be having any bets tomo pyro..

Thanks for the comments lads and all the thanks' on the other post. Class people altogether.

Fine Parchment traveled like a dream, made a few rusty jumps and looked a big danger a few out, hit 2.5 in running and found little once again. Keep an eye on him, certainly has a win in him soon, on soft ground hopefully.
    coughlan08 wrote: »
    will you be having any bets tomo pyro..

I was going to but the RacingPost site is down so I can't get all the information that I need. If it doesn't come back soon there'll be nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments lads and all the thanks' on the other post. Class people altogether.

Fine Parchment traveled like a dream, made a few rusty jumps and looked a big danger a few out, hit 2.5 in running and found little once again. Keep an eye on him, certainly has a win in him soon, on soft ground hopefully.

I was going to but the RacingPost site is down so I can't get all the information that I need. If it doesn't come back soon there'll be nothing.

ya i had that same prob when i was looking for a bit of info..

Short write up, tired and the RP site is down. :(

2:40 Lingfield - Flipando - 1pt @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Has a massive chance here in my opinion, well drawn, well handicapped and dropped in grade. Ryan Moore on board for David Barron is a big plus, doesn't happen too often and usually wields good results, Barron does really well at the course too and only sends this fellow out today. Has been racing in much tougher races and now steps down to a class 3 event against horses who on his day wouldn't stand a chance of getting close to him. He has run well at the track before and the 7f trip should be of no bother to him, he handles the AW surfaces and is 3 from 8 when running on them. Should go very well off the back of a strong pace and hopefully gain victory, I wouldn't be surprised if he has been lined up for a gamble and there has been some late night support for him too. He's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I see your lurking around PyRo......
    Any planned raids tommorrow? (or can i go to sleep?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Safe to go to sleep now i hope....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Looks like i was right to skip this month, been a roller coaster ride,
    Great recovery though,
    i'll be on them from nov 1st :D

• Advertisement

I see the lights are on again Pyro.... Sunday wouldnt be your usual??

Not usually dude, having a gander at the moment but not really sure if I'll be having anything, extremely hungover and quite sleepy!

Ah yeah prob best off stayin away so. Be fresh as a june bee next week

Hopefully dude, I just want to forget about this month! Not due to gambling or anything, just general life shit. Can't wait until it's over, I HATE October with a passion!

Back in action. AW Style! :)

4:30 Wolverhampton - Dream On Buddy - 3pts @ 13/2 (Bet365)

Consistent 3 year old filly who has proven tough to win with but she's interesting back on the all weather surface having made his first 3 starts on the AW, winning twice and running respectively on the 3rd occasion to come 4th. She finished 2nd on 3 of his last 4 runs, beaten at 1.01 and 1.03 in running, she clearly has ability but finds it tough to win, the return to this surface could help him greatly. She's most effective coming off a strong pace and that's very likely here in a race where 3 or 4 of them like to try and make the running with many more prominent racers in this contest, I think it'll be lined up for something to come off the pace, although it's hard to do that at this track but she has enough ability, speed and stamina to overcome that. She ran an OK race when upped to 1m 2f last time out, she finished 6th in the end but was only 1.5 lengths behind the winner and didn't quite see out the trip despite breeding suggesting it'd be ideal. He's now racing over a trip bordering on 1m 1f and despite both of his wins coming over 1 mile flat I think the extra few yards shouldn't pose many problems, especially on the back of the likely strong gallop.

Dream On Buddy is from the Barry Hills yard, who have been in good form of late and only send out this filly today and I reckon they fancy her to run a good race, there has been some late night money for her too with prices moving in from 8's to 13/2, still fair value in my book and certainly has a good chance in what looks a wide open affair but one that should suit, especially on all known form she should run well. Robert Winston gets the leg up here, he rides the course well and had a decent October, possibly unlucky not to have a few more winners but done OK none the less, he gets on well with this filly and won on here first time up, he has since ridden her on 3 more occasions with 1 second, that 6th last time out and a poor effort in a race where she never got into it. He has an impressive 15% strike rate when riding for Barry and could well be adding to that here, if all goes to plan. Dream On Buddy has an awful lot going for her here and I think she could set the month off on a good note if she's not given too much ground to try and catch up, she should get enough cover and if the gaps open at the right time she should be staying on as well as anything else, which will hopefully be enough to win the race. She's the 3/1 clear favourite in my book and looks a massive price at just over double those odds, medium stakes at a tasty price.

5:00 Wolverhampton - Faith Jicaro - 1pt e/w @ 11/1 (WillHill)

Relatively exposed 3 year old maiden but has improved since upped to this 12f trip including when finishing a 1.25 length 3rd over C&D in a 12 runner race, she ran well enough that day to convince me that a race like this off a mark of 64 may not be beyond her actual capabilities. There's a distinct lack of pace in this race and although she's held up more often that not she has tried to make the running in the past to reasonable effect and I wouldn't be surprised to see those tactics used here although it's unlikely as her run over C&D was quite impressive and she was held up for that, possibly held up too far off the pace. Slightly more prominent tactics could pave the way for a big run here if she responds to first time blinkers, she was tried with a visor for the first time last time out over this trip at Kempton, she ran well enough coming 4 length behind the winner in 7th, not a bad effort and I find it interesting that the visor is quickly disposed of for a pair of blinkers. She's from a small yard that I've never heard of before but when they go to Wolverhampton it's worth noting as they've a 14% strike rate here and show a good profit to level stakes. Darryl Holland takes the ride here and he rides the course well, with an impressive strike rate of 15% and he's 1 win from 5 rides (20%) when on board for this trainer. They team up for 2 runs today, Faith Jicaro and Questionnaire in the first. I'm not going to select the latter as I have 2 year old maiden races but the trainer has a 41% strike rate with his 2 year olds here having won 5 out of 12 races he has had runners in. showing a 235% ROI, very impressive to say the least and worth nothing. That horse also ran well on debut and is likely to be around the 14/1 mark, may have an each way squeak for a trainer who does well with juveniles.

Now back to Faith Jicaro, I certainly think she has a much better chance than the 11/1 odds suggest, she obviously enjoys this middle distance and still hasn't reached the peak of her powers. She also gets a 6lb allowance due to her age, which leaves her carrying 8st 12lbs which should certainly help over the 12 furlong trip. Her 2 starts over this trip were 1l and 4l defeats which are in no way poor and this is certainly not the toughest of her tasks to date and actually looks quite a weak race on the face of it. With a race likely to suit and many more things going for this filly I think she should hold reasonably solid place claims at minimum and possibly decent wins claims too. A win isn't far away for her and if taking to the first time blinkers we could certainly see her run a gallant race here. Holland is on her again for the 3rd time and he's certainly a more than capable jockey on his day, hopefully he'll be able to get a better tune out of her today and gain that elusive win, on the lucky 13th attempt! 11/1 is generous, she's only 8/1 in places and a 13/2 shot in my book. Small each way stakes for a filly who has ability but hasn't shown it all just yet, hopefully today's the day.

Both ran with relative credit, Faith Jicaro was sent to the front way too early and didn't look interested when passed, thought she'd hold on for a place at least.

2:25 Kempton - Fair Passion - 3pts

Relatively consistent 3 year old sprinter, still unexposed having only had 9 career runs but has enough ability to prove beyond this mark of 74. She's pretty ineffective on the turf as proved when easily beaten on both occasions but she always runs a good race on these surfaces and her run last time out over C&D when behind a subsequent winner is impressive enough to suggest she could stand a solid chance here. She wasn't seen for over 5 months and has come back in good form without getting her head in front, she has run 4 times since, placing 3 times on the AW and one dud run on the turf. She was behind Piscean last time out, only 2.5 lengths away in 3rd in a class 4, that one has since won quite handily off a mark of 89 in a class 3. Fair Passion now drops into a class 5 handicap for the first time in a while and she could take a lot of beating with many things in her favour. She's now reunited with Jimmy Quinn and he has been on board her 3 times on the all weather, winning 2 races and coming a close up 3rd on the other occasion. He seems to know how to get the best of her and will hopefully manage to do that again. When Quinn rides 3 year olds for the Shaw yard he does very well, he has 5 wins out of 18 rides giving him an impressive 27% strike rate and a 40% ROI, certainly worth noting.

Fair Passion ran a cracker last time out when all things are considered, she broke very slowly as she has done in the past but gained a lot of ground in the final couple of furlongs, if she breaks well today and fully utilizes a great draw in stall 11 then she could prove tough to beat. She has made the running before when winning but may find it hard to do here, she's tactically versatile and effective when prominent or held up. If she's kept up near enough the pace then I think she could prove very hard to beat on a track that certainly favours those who race handy. This all depends on how she breaks from the stalls but it's worth taking a chance as she could still run very well from reserved tactics. She's currently hovering around the 5/1 mark on the exchanges and if I get that price come morning I'll be very happy, she's a 3/1 shot in my book and could even justify being shorter. She has a very solid chance and should run well, medium stakes are the order of the day and will hopefully give some nice returns, if all goes to plan.

Damn seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Backed it to be placed on Betfair so up a small bit.....Inching towards €200 balance so I can start gambling properly!!

• Advertisement

Bank - 381.16pts (+281.16pts)

May only have one for today now, slim pickings due to crap enough racing. Mightn't even select anything, just going through the races at the moment. Bloody Timeform changed their layout, to say I'm annoyed would be an understatement. Idiots. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement