Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was on Australia Day there, was a mess of a race, Black Jack Blues was ridden from the front for some reason thought he would have sat in about 3rd, they went far too quick in front though. :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

BJB always runs from the front, he had to repel the challenge of your one and Ultimate which took it all out of him. Just glad I didn't go in bigger on him because I was tempted. Crazy race.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

x PyRo wrote: »
    BJB always runs from the front, he had to repel the challenge of your one and Ultimate which took it all out of him. Just glad I didn't go in bigger on him because I was tempted. Crazy race.

Is he? I must be confusing him with some else. Was mad seeing Barizan being ridden in around midfield.

Yeah he is, I was hoping he would be but was hoping the others would leave him alone lol.

They've other days in mind for Barizan I'd say, still surprising how bad he was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Killyglen and Sizing Europe for big runs in 2.25 at down royal IMO

• Advertisement

All Annalena opens 12/1, mother of God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

x PyRo wrote: »
    Nosed into 2nd. :( Nice place money but I should of been collecting a fortune there. Poor Eton Rifles just can't get his head in front.

Unlucky but a good spot all the same. Also come on All Annalena!

Sizing Europe for the Gold Cup i think

lol not a hope in hell.

IMO he'll be aimed at it and will improve there.
    I wouldn't rule it out

• Advertisement

All Annalena leaves Dane behind in the stalls, lol. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wonder will anyone refund?

Pandorama just taken out..

Market going a lil nuts for the next race with Doncaster Roving not moving either way.

He has moved, 11/1 into 17/2.

Edit : 8/1 now.

3rd.

-3pts today.

Could of been so different with some luck in the first race.

I really think All Annalena would of won her race if she didn't smash her head in the stalls.

Sirvino was relatively poor.

Osana was no good.

Black Jack Blues set a break neck pace which cost win.

Eton Rifles was unlucky to be caught, ran a gallant race.

Doncaster Rover did very well, just not good enough.

Bye bye flat season!

Hard luck today Pyro! I lost a bit on this but thems the breaks. Have a few quid on my fav horse Divertimenti later though that'd be a stroke of luck considering the race.

Best of luck with that one dude, I'd of loved to have a final profitable Saturday to end my first full flat season of betting, still +270pts up from it and that's a hell of a lot of cash. The last month has been horrific though but I'll live, learn and improve from it.

It has been mighty good, plenty of winners along the way and some good banter. Hopefully the NH proves as profitable in the long run, I'll be quite reserved with it for a while though as there's still a lot of things I need to pick up on but it's handy enough to read the form over stick, which helps.

I'm off now for a few scoops, might be back later for selections for tomorrow but not sure yet. Onwards and upwards. :) October/November is such a tough time for racing, next year I'll only be backing at the big meetings for these months. Form never stands up.

Bank Since January 2010 - 366.16pts (+266.16pts)

End of flat season stats: (Since July)

Bank - 274.79pts (+174.79pts)

Bets - 277
    Wins - 43
    Placed - 70
    SR - 15.5%
    Staked - 606.5pts
    Returned - 781.29pts
    ROI - 29%

I'm happy enough with that, could of done better.

Those stats include some NH racing, mostly losers! I only tracked my stats properly since the start of July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Great tipping PyRo.

Thanks very much Pj, hope things are good for you. :) I was consistently doing a 45% ROI and a 19% SR until October and November came around, not good but it's the only way to learn. I'm booking a long holiday with no internet access for those months next year! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What happened your laying side of things man? That was going fairly Well?

No time dude, I'll be starting it up again when things settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

No BC pyro??

I don't know enough about it to select anything mate, too risky. Although I had a 14/1 winner there yesterday, typically didn't log it here, which doesn't happen often. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

have ya had a look at the breeders cup by any chance pyro??

sorry dident see barace post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

In all my years watching racing i have never been so sickened, Mike smith what the f*ck were you thinking? 25 lengths off the pace 2 lengths off the rail looking like she was going to be pulled up then beats the poor mare into submission up the home straight what a disgraceful ride. Sickened absolutely sickened. Poor zenyatta. Should have won easy.

But the banker of the meeting and the greatest race mare ever stepped up to the plate well done goldikova a true champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

baraca wrote: »
    In all my years watching racing i have never been so sickened, Mike smith what the f*ck were you thinking? 25 lengths off the pace 2 lengths off the rail looking like she was going to be pulled up then beats the poor mare into submission up the home straight what a disgraceful ride. Sickened absolutely sickened. Poor zenyatta. Should have won easy.

But the banker of the meeting and the greatest race mare ever stepped up to the plate well done goldikova a true champ.

Imagine seeing Goldikova go back next year,I'd literally put everything I have on her.Mike Smith was over confident,wanted to make it a breath taking finish,I'm sure all the Americans who were backing her odds on would have much rather seen a 3 length comfortable win.
    IMO Zarkava is still the best filly to have ever raced.

*edit*-Unless you mean that Goldikova's a mare and Zarkava was a filly.

• Advertisement

Now for a smash at the NH racing. :)

2:45 Southwell - Hot Tottie - 2pts e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Relatively lightly raced 6 year old who has only really impressed on one occasion when coming a half length second to a horse rated 115 in her prime, that run was in March of this year and my selection was quite unlucky not to be winning that race having been hampered mid race. She comes here on the back of a 5th place on her reappearance after being off the track since June, she ran decent in defeat over 2m 6 at Exeter and should strip much fitter for having had that run just over 1 month ago. She was 19 lengths behind Miss Saffron that day but she showed enough in defeat to make me believe that a mark of 90 is certainly not beyond her capabilities, she has been dropped a further 6lbs in weight for that run and a total of a stone since making her handicap debut off a mark of 104. Promising young claimer Ian Popham takes off a valuable 5lbs in weight too which should certainly help and leaves her with a riding weight of 10st 12lbs. Popham has been picking up some rides for Paul Nicholls of late so he's certainly a capable jockey and he comes here for just 1 ride, he should also be full of confidence having ridden Nicholls' horse Meanus Dandy to an easy win in a Listed event at Wincanton on Saturday. He was also on board my selection for her last run and should know a lot more about her now having had that experience.

Hot Tottie now steps back to 2m 4f, a trip which should be her optimum and will more than likely end up tackling good ground unless it rains a lot more overnight, these conditions shouldn't be of any bother and the sharp flat nature of the Southwell track should be ideal for her. From a quality point of view this race doesn't look that tough at all and if this Mare can get her jumping spot on she must have a good chance, she tends to jump a little slowly at times but now has first time cheekpieces on to help her concentrate, if they have the desired effect she could be too good for this field. Hot Tottie is trained by Jeremy Scott, he doesn't have many runners at Southwell having only sent a total of 6 to run here in the past but it's quite interesting that the last 3 he sent here have came 1st and he only sends out 2 today. The majority of his recent runners have been performing well and I'm hoping he'll be trying to get a good tune out of this Mare soon enough, she was pulled out of a race a couple of weeks ago too, hopefully in preference of taking the spoils in what looks a very winnable race for a horse with any hint of ability. 12/1 looks a tasty price to me and she's worth decent sized each way stakes, she has also shifted in from 14/1 so far this morning but I still believe it's value and I had her marked up as a 13/2 shot in my book. Her best efforts have come when racing prominent, she didn't do that last time out but raced to a level that should be good enough to compete here assuming she puts her best foot forward and comes on for the run, getting the jumping spot on will also be hugely vital as I believe she lost around 2 lengths per jump on 3 or 4 occasions last time out, possibly some ring rust due to having 4 months off but she should be a lot fitter and hopefully can prove up to the task here. It's a poor race involving a hell of a lot of poor horses and I'm hoping she'll place at least, she certainly has the capabilities to do so and if running like she did at Exeter when 2nd she should have enough to win this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement