Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

That's it from me, quiet enough day, no outstanding bets but a winner or two would be nice. :)

Could someone post up Alana Banana's best price come morning, just in case I can't get on to verify it. Thanks if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

10/1 on betfair 8.5/1 on will hill.

ATough alot of bookies are still at sp.

Cheers dude, I stayed up anyways and snapped up some of the 15/2 with Hills. Good price, would of preferred 10's though!

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:20 Lingfield - Elspeth's Boy - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Fair bit of movement on this one already, into 8's and shortening at a rapid rate. Anyone intending to get on should get on now.

I've a feeling Hughy Baby picked this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Hughs picked it.

• Advertisement

The absolute cunt. Jinxed straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

5/1 now PP. Must be serious cash on this

It's just Hugh Taylor who moved it from 8's to 5/1. I'm taking the credit for moving it from 12's into 8/1. :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Merci pyro:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Flemish Invader - Good win, well done Pyro ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thanks pryo

jumped on the bandwagon today with all 3
    but got the 12s last nite minutes
    after you posted
    let hope it pays off being a niteowl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

have an each way double on, flemish invader and alana banana. Come on alana banana!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

2nd;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

close one and maybe a little unlucky
    looked a hard enough ride, kinda running in snatches and finding trouble,
    finished well and it wasn't for lack of trying on the jockeys part
    great picking

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Cheers Pyro Flemish Invader already covered most of my bets for today. Done 3 singles to win and an E/W Treble on ur selections, here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great picking as usual Pyro. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

if next one comes in you will have landed me a massive accumulator :eek:

Cheers for the comments lads, bar Argosy who jinxed it, argh!! :pac:

Alana Banana could be heading to a glue factory fairly lively if she keeps running like that.

I'm bloody happy with that day though, miniscule staking but a tidy return.

+8pts on the day.

Bank - 397.86pts (+297.86pts)

Hitting form again, happy days.

Yeah she missed the break and never got into it at all, have been on this horse a few times now and no return. Think i'll leave her alone now. Good picking with the other 2 though :D

4:40 Wolverhampton - Elhamri - 1pt @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Quite surprised at the price available here, this 6 year old gelding comes here in fine form having placed on 6 of his last 7 runs, winning once. That sequence came after 3 awful effort on the back of an 11 month break. He ran in a claimer over C&D for Sylvester Kirk 3 starts ago and despite being 26lbs wrong at the weights with Matsunosuke (now rated 105), he only went down by a head. That was a mighty fine run from and he went on to show how good that form was when scoring next time out over 6f at Lingfield, winning for the first time in 2 years, by a length at 6/1 on his final start for Kirk before coming to the Dore yard. His debut was quite impressive as he finished 1/2 a length behind the very well treated Anne of Kiev to come 3rd, he was unlucky not to win but the trip possibly stretched him as he's certainly more effective over 5f. He now gets that 5f trip at a course where he has went well before, coming 2nd twice and 5th of 12 off a 5lb lower mark 4 runs ago. He was given too much to do by Richard Hughes but ran on strongly inside the final furlong, as he has done on every run here. With a likely rapid gallop from 1 of the 6 or 7 potential front runners, we could well see the best of Elhamri who is both tactically versatile and can run very well on the back of a strong pace, especially over this extended 5f trip.

The only problem I foresee for Elhrami is the stall 13 draw, it's the widest stall in this race and truth be told, it's not a great spot. However, it may ensure more reserved tactics from a horse who can finish out his races as strong as any and may be able to take advantage of the front runners who are likely to be cutting each others throats at breakneck speed on this fast surface, that should ensure that they'll tire and something running on could win. All of this will be dependent on Robert Winston positioning him well, it is his first time on board a horse who is clearly tough to win with nowadays but Winston rides the course well, having an 11% strike rate and 15% for this trainer, 2 out of 3 (66%) this year, good going and hopefully it'll improve today. At this price he's certainly worth a small bet to win on his second run for the Dore yard, they're in decent knick of late but haven't had too many runners, this fellow should be out to try at least and a mark of 74 doesn't look beyond him. He was previously rated 111 and still posses a relatively decent amount of his old powers, if overcoming a poor draw and getting the run of the race then I can't envisage him being too far away come the business end of proceedings. He's a 6/1 shot in my book, it's a massively trappy race and very tough to call it one way without changing your mind and I'm just going to play minimum stakes on Elhrami to win, I can't see much point in going each way in such a race as you could make claims for the majority of the field but he's worth a small straight win bet. Hopefully he'll run his race and if running anything like he did in that claimers for Kirk then he'll be hard to beat.

• Advertisement

2:50 Wincanton - Newbay Bob - 2pts @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Consistent yet unspectacular stayer who goes well around here. He was sent off the 11/4 favourite for this race last year and looked the likely winner until making a mistake at the 15th and unseating at the 17th, he had 2 runs at this course either side of that (including when last seen) and he came 2nd on both occasions. He was last seen in May of this year when chasing Sir Bathwick home over 3m 1f here, he was just under 4 lengths behind that fellow but he couldn't get to the front, which is where he's most effective and I believe that cost him any chance of gaining victory. He is best when able to dominate and there's a fair chance he could get doing that in this 7 runner field, he may only have 1 career win from 28 attempts but still remains of interest having placed on 6 of his last 7 completed runs since unseating in this race last year. I've a feeling he may be able to go one better now that he comes here fresh and should get ideal conditions to suit. He handles all ground and as it currently stands, it is Good to Soft ground at Wincanton. That should be OK for him but with potential rain likely to soften the ground even more, we could end up with his ideal conditions of soft ground. He's also well suited to the galloping nature of the Wincanton track and if he's given an uncontested lead he may prove very dangerous, he tends to throw in the odd bad jump but seems to run and jump much better when fresh, I feel it's only a matter of time before he gets his head in front for the 2nd time and it could well be here.

Newbay Bob is partnered by a jockey of whom I've never heard of, he's a 7lb claimer and has ridden him on no fewer than 14 occasions, winning 1 and placing a further 9 times. It's about time he got a bit of luck for once and with Henderson's 7lb claim putting him back to a mark of 101, I feel he could get that elusive victory, he's just 4lbs higher than his only winning mark. The jockey has only had 62 career rides, 39 coming over fences. He has a 10% win rate and a 35% place rate from the remainder, he's not a bad jockey and has been unlucky on many occasion on board this 10 year old gelding. This is a very wide open contest but with some luck and a clear round it could well go the way of Newbay Bob. I suspect he should get off on his own in front and attempt to make all, he's a dour stayer and seems to have a wonderful game attitude, with conditions suiting him and the course exactly to his liking I can't see him being too far away. He also tends to run better in small fields and with only 6 opponents here he has that on his side too. I marked him up as a 5/2 shot and I don't think the 4's will be around come race time, he's a horse of ability but one who's short on luck, someday he'll strike again soon and I've a feeling it could be today. Small/medium stake in a tough contest but I'm expecting a big run.

3:00 Hereford - Moulin De La Croix - 2pts @ 5/1 (WillHill)

Progressive chaser who improved due to the switch from hurdling, has since won twice from 12 runs, placing on 5 occasions and unlucky when falling on penultimate start when potentially going on to win the race. This 6 year old Mare comes here on the back of a decent performance in a much tougher race than this, she finished 4th of 10 in a class 3 event when coming 14 lengths behind Sir Ian at the back end of September. She was well beaten in the end but traveled quite well throughout and even hit 2.0 in running. This 2m 5.5f trip should be ideal and she has won over this distance before when scoring very easily in a much tougher race at Newtown Abbot off a mark of 108, she then ran 2 days later at Uttoexeter and loomed up alongside the leader before being hampered and falling at the last, the 2 runs in as many days must of been tough but she ran 2 cracking races in succession, despite falling in the 2nd one. She was upped a total of 14lbs in the handicap for that win and she ran off 115 last time out, the same mark as today. There's a very good chance we'll see a strong gallop here and Moulin De La Croix should appreciate that, she often travels very well when they go a good clip and likes to track the leaders relatively close up, with tactics like this here she could have a good opportunity to pass them a few fences out if the opportunity arises and she's quite hard to peg back once in front.

Moulin De La Croix is one of the more exposed chasers in this contest but most importantly is that she's still improving all the time and a mark of 115 may not be beyond her, especially with the brilliant young 3lb claimer, Sam Twiston-Davies, on board for his only ride of the day on his Fathers only horse sent out today. Nigel Twiston-Davies is the trainer and his yard has found themselves in decent knick lately, they've had 7 winners this month from 60 odd runners but have had many more places that they possibly should of, having had many runners looking likely to win only to fail by small margins. Nigel doesn't come here too often but usually does well enough, when Sam rides for him here they've 1 win from 12 runners with 3 seconds, I'm hoping for a change in fortune here and the fact that they're bringing only her out seems significant to me. She's fit and ready having had 3 runs in September and could benefit for the couple of month off the track, yet will still maintain her condition. She has run well after a couple of months off and I fancy her to run well today if she gets some luck. She has ideal conditions and should enjoy the galloping nature of the Hereford track, a place where she ran well over hurdles for a long time before weakening badly. Fleur De Vassy is currently favourite, she's in off a handy mark/weight and should make out to be a good chaser but this could be a tough task after a break on a course with relatively stiff fences, I can't get involved with her at her current price of 5/2 given so much guesswork over how she'll do but I wouldn't be surprised to see her romp this based on how she won her final complete hurdle start, she fell in her next race over hurdles but was unlucky to fall. I'm still opposing her as I think she's vulnerable first time up and no value at that price. Moulin De La Croix could put her experience over fencer to good use here, she's clearly on an upward curve and when everything goes right she's a very nice type, I expect the Twiston-Davies yard are out to do business with this progressive 6 year old, she'd love it if the heavens opened overnight as she's bred to be a real mudlark but goes well on anything when on song. She's a 3/1 shot in my book and 5's look generous, wouldn't be surprised to see that shorten significantly. Small/medium stakes once again as it's a tough race but very winnable if she turns up.

That's me done, no real strong fancies but they should all run well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

elhamri is a non runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

There'll probably be a rule 4 on Newbay Bob if you get your bet on last night,one of the second favourites was pulled.

Bloody fell at the first. God I hate when that happens! :'(

2nd ah sure u can't win them all, tomorrows another day ;)

MDLC found one too good, ran well after being very flat footed at one stage. Not to be today.

-4pts on the day.

In the 4:40, Sir Geoffrey was my second choice behind the non-runner. He was 16's when I was doing everything and he's only 8's now. Could be worth a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

x PyRo wrote: »

In the 4:40, Sir Geoffrey was my second choice behind the non-runner. He was 16's when I was doing everything and he's only 8's now. Could be worth a few quid.

he wins.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sir Geoffrey it is!

Nice 8-1 winner. Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ah excellent, cheers Pyro!! Fair play to you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement