Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Good man Pyro, thought the fav might win this one but decided to go against my better judgement in the end and jsut had a few euro on ur selection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Sir PyRo!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

boo yaw!!!!!!!

pyro = sir winsalot !! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Yippeekiay. :pac:

I had 2 points on that one but I can't count it towards the log. :'(

Interestingly, Cape Royal was 3rd (value-wise) in my book. That was an excellent race for my judgements. Doesn't often happen like that.

Thanks for the comments folks. :) Glad some backed it, sorry that I gave no reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

x PyRo wrote: »
    Yippeekiay. :pac:

I had 2 points on that one but I can't count it towards the log. :'(

Interestingly, Cape Royal was 3rd (value-wise) in my book. That was an excellent race for my judgements. Doesn't often happen like that.

Thanks for the comments folks. :) Glad some backed it, sorry that I gave no reasoning.

I'm the same,I wrote in Nulty's log this morning about debating backing Cape Royal. Got each way at 25/1. I swear if I don't put them in my log I get nice ones.

• Advertisement

greetings wrote: »
    I'm the same,I wrote in Nulty's log this morning about debating backing Cape Royal. Got each way at 25/1. I swear if I don't put them in my log I get nice ones.

It's always the same dude, I log 99.99% of my bets here, the odd one I don't pisses in like today. Quite annoying. That'd be a lovely 16pt kick to the bank, instead it's nothing. :'(

It's always the same dude, I log 99.99% of my bets here, the odd one I don't pisses in like today. Quite annoying. That'd be a lovely 16pt kick to the bank, instead it's nothing. :'(

There there fellow,don't cry. :(
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

In the 4:40, Sir Geoffrey was my second choice behind the non-runner. He was 16's when I was doing everything and he's only 8's now. Could be worth a few quid.

Well played X.

Was on in the place market and threw that then onto Dandy's horse in the last .. Slickback Jack .. wins :)/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Pyro you the man,
    Dont mean to brag ,
    But i had 10 e/w on Cape Royal and then seen your tip so put 20 win on him,
    Absolutely delighted

Im sure i asked you about Cape royal before ?
    I always back him :D:D
    Happy days

Brag all you want dude! Making money is always something to be happy about. :pac:

Good stuff, great that you got on Sir Geoffrey too as it'd be gutting to have Cape Royal 2nd at that price. I only backed SG but Cape Royal was my 2nd best, really happy how that one went.

You did ask me about him before alright, I don't think I got back to you, probably fell asleep or something! He's a lovely horse though, still 22 races without a win on the all weather but could be worth keeping an eye on, has lots of ability on a going day.

Good stuff anyways PB, the more money the merrier!

Bank - 393.86pts (+293.86pts)

Should be over 400 if I wasn't such a dumbass and actually logged my stake in my post earlier. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Should be over 400 if I wasn't such a dumbass and actually logged my stake in my post earlier. :mad:

Well the fact you stick to a rigid system and never aftertime is why so many people trust and follow your log. Keep it up!

8-10 wrote: »
    Well the fact you stick to a rigid system and never aftertime is why so many people trust and follow your log. Keep it up!

Cheers dude, after-timing makes the baby Jesus cry and we wouldn't want that happening would we. :pac:

I genuinely meant to get back and post the stake (and quick write up) for anyone who was interested in getting on it but I've been left in charge of a heard of cattle for the week so I had to feed the odd things! I'm not a farmer, I swear! :pac:

Anyways, he won and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

missed it damn anyway i get an update is there anyway that pyro if you have something to add during the day that there could be a text or something just a thought

I rarely ever put something up during the day anymore, only if there's non runners then I'll go for my second one.

If you want to PM me your number I'd be happy to send anything on whenever it happens again. Funnily enough, the ones I've put up after a NR or for evening racing usually win.

1:15 Exeter - Sullumo - 2pts @ 13/2 (PaddyPower)

I'm possibly hoping on the bandwagon here but I flagged this one up as a potential bet earlier on, he has since come in from 16/1 to just over 6/1, serious overnight movement and I'm making the assumption that he's well fancied after around 8 months off the track. He's a relatively lightly raced 7 year old who has only started 12 races since debuting in '06, he has won on 5 occasions and has only finished out of the top 3 over hurdles once from 6 runs, winning twice. Sullumo seems best when after a break, his form when relatively fresh reads : 1-2-1. His jumping can let him down at times but on the odd occasion he has went right handed he seems to have little problems in that regard, the first time he went right handed was on his hurdling debut, he ran relatively well to come 3rd. The next and final run on a right handed track was over the larger obstacles, he came 2nd, 8l behind Mighty Man, a horse who ran Big Bucks quite close in a Grade 2 when finishing 3 lengths behind, just two starts before beating my selection. Another interesting thing is the booking of Noel Fehily once again, he has been on board this fellow on 4 occasions with form reading : 1-2-1-2. He obviously gets on well with the horse and looks like he's booked when they mean business, although he's the stables main jockey but has been picking up a fair amount of rides for Nicholls of late.

Fehily has an 18% strike rate when riding for Charlie Mann and the Mann yard have picked up their form of late, with 3 winners from their last 10 runs. They usually do decently around Exeter, with 5 winners from 59 runners and a further 12 placing. Sullumo reportedly felt the effects of his heavy fall over fences 4 starts ago, he never looked happy after that and I'd assume that's why he seemed amiss on his final 2 starts of the season. He's supposed to be in far better knick nowadays and has his confidence back, if he proves as good first time up as he has in previous seasons then I still consider the 13/2 a very good value bet and won that we could well cash in on. Mann only sends this one to Exeter and Fehily is only coming here for two rides, both of which have huge chances. Sullumo will relish conditions here, he's brilliant in the mud having won easily by 8 lengths the first time he encountered heavy going, he fell the next time when looking likely to make a big challenge to win but could gain revenge here. He will find this 2m 7f trip just perfect, he stays all day and has the turn of foot to boot, especially in these conditions. All is depending on how fit he really is but with such a good record when fresh and the positive vibes from the market and his trainers comments then I feel this could be a race he's out to do a job in before potentially returning over fences, I've a feeling this is a confidence boosting expedition and there'd be no better way to boost his confidence than by winning here. There is some good animals in opposition and I had him up as a 5/1 shot before his price came down to anywhere near 13/2, he's still a value shot in my book and warrants a lot of respect here. Small/medium stakes as it's a tough race but I feel he could hold all the cards if proving fit enough.

That's my only bet, nothing else jumps out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

1:15 Exeter - Sullumo - 2pts @ 13/2 (PaddyPower)

A mate of mine was on to me earlier about this horse. Apparently it went up a 16/1 but there has been "some very large bets" put on it to shorten it down.

I said this before about a horse who runs today...
    5:00 Wolverhampton - Faith Jicaro - 1pt e/w @ 11/1 (WillHill)

Relatively exposed 3 year old maiden but has improved since upped to this 12f trip including when finishing a 1.25 length 3rd over C&D in a 12 runner race, she ran well enough that day to convince me that a race like this off a mark of 64 may not be beyond her actual capabilities. There's a distinct lack of pace in this race and although she's held up more often that not she has tried to make the running in the past to reasonable effect and I wouldn't be surprised to see those tactics used here although it's unlikely as her run over C&D was quite impressive and she was held up for that, possibly held up too far off the pace. Slightly more prominent tactics could pave the way for a big run here if she responds to first time blinkers, she was tried with a visor for the first time last time out over this trip at Kempton, she ran well enough coming 4 length behind the winner in 7th, not a bad effort and I find it interesting that the visor is quickly disposed of for a pair of blinkers. She's from a small yard that I've never heard of before but when they go to Wolverhampton it's worth noting as they've a 14% strike rate here and show a good profit to level stakes. Darryl Holland takes the ride here and he rides the course well, with an impressive strike rate of 15% and he's 1 win from 5 rides (20%) when on board for this trainer. They team up for 2 runs today, Faith Jicaro and Questionnaire in the first. I'm not going to select the latter as I have 2 year old maiden races but the trainer has a 41% strike rate with his 2 year olds here having won 5 out of 12 races he has had runners in. showing a 235% ROI, very impressive to say the least and worth nothing. That horse also ran well on debut and is likely to be around the 14/1 mark, may have an each way squeak for a trainer who does well with juveniles.

Now back to Faith Jicaro, I certainly think she has a much better chance than the 11/1 odds suggest, she obviously enjoys this middle distance and still hasn't reached the peak of her powers. She also gets a 6lb allowance due to her age, which leaves her carrying 8st 12lbs which should certainly help over the 12 furlong trip. Her 2 starts over this trip were 1l and 4l defeats which are in no way poor and this is certainly not the toughest of her tasks to date and actually looks quite a weak race on the face of it. With a race likely to suit and many more things going for this filly I think she should hold reasonably solid place claims at minimum and possibly decent wins claims too. A win isn't far away for her and if taking to the first time blinkers we could certainly see her run a gallant race here. Holland is on her again for the 3rd time and he's certainly a more than capable jockey on his day, hopefully he'll be able to get a better tune out of her today and gain that elusive win, on the lucky 13th attempt! 11/1 is generous, she's only 8/1 in places and a 13/2 shot in my book. Small each way stakes for a filly who has ability but hasn't shown it all just yet, hopefully today's the day.

I think I'd cry if I let this one away and she won. Dropped another 2lbs and upped in trip, no idea how she's the 28/1 outsider of the field but may be worth a small e/w bet. Luke Morris being back on board is a plus too, he got a good tune out of her 3 starts ago.

5:45 Wolverhampton - Faith Jicaro - 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 (VC)

After I got the bet on VC slashed the price to 14's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

After I got the bet on VC slashed the price to 14's.

i got it on Paddy @ 25-1 must have just beaten the big money

• Advertisement

Powers go 16's now.

These early markets are so easy to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

25/1 on bet365. Great price's all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

will hill still 25's

Only got 16's myself on PP, really have to start branching out on my options :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Powers go 16's now.

You'd have great success trading those selections. Back at 25/1 and lay at 14/1! Although the prices on Betfair haven't changed all that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

hey pyro some really good betting going on gona start following your thread im well in on the horses myself with my cousins having a stud, and just recently buying a really good stallion off godolphin owners to hopefully sire some good runners!keep up the good work and lets forget all the doom and gloom thats going on il pm you my number if ya have anything good on the cards let me know

Powers go 16's now.

A little stick could move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

shocking run by sullamo !!
    Keep your picks coming :D:D

5:45 Wolverhampton - Faith Jicaro

Didn't get to see this race, did it ever look like winning?

Ignore the above just watched the race on ATR, ran out of steam in the end.

• Advertisement

Today never happened! Sullumo drifted massively before the off, looked like it was a training exercise more than anything. He clouted the wing beside two of the jumps too, makes too much mistakes to follow long term but I'll keep my eye on him anyways.

Faith Jicaro was poor.

-3pts on the day.

2:20 Haydock - Palypso De Creek - 3pts @ 5/1 (Bet365)

I followed this fellow every time he ran last season, he won once (15/2) and came 2nd (33/1) from 5 runs. The 2nd place finish was over this C&D in the mud when coming 3 lengths behind Our Vic off this mark of 136. He's a very good jumper the majority of times and should excel in this relatively small 8 runner field. The 3 mile trip is his optimum and the ground poses no threat to his chances as he is proven on all ground that isn't too fast, it currently has a bit of give in it and that's perfect for him, although he's most effective on very testing ground. He runs out of the Longsdon yard who rarely visit this track and their last 5 runners here have all finished 2nd, hopefully they can overturn that here. They've been in fine form of late with 3 winners and many more placing from their last 20 runners, this fellow is the only one they bring to Haydock. Longsdon does well here having had 3 winners from 13 runners (23%) and 6 seconds, highly impressive stats and he could well be adding to that here with some luck.

Palypso De Creek is tactically versatile, he can be ridden handy or held up to run on late, with 2 potential pace setters in the field I'm favouring the latter as the most effective tactic for him at a course that suits him perfectly, as shown when coming 2nd here on his only start which was in a very valuable handicap over this distance. He loves galloping tracks and relatively soft ground, both of which he gets here. He has a new jockey on board on his 6th career run in the UK having previously run in France, Richard Johnson is the man to take the reins here and he's a jockey I rate very highly indeed. He rarely rides for this yard and has 1 win from 7 rides when doing so, the win coming aboard 1 of 3 rides over fences. Johnson rides the chase course at Haydock very well, he has 10 wins from 36 rides giving him a very impressive 28% strike rate, he's very strong in a finish and an ideal jockey for any horse over this staying distance, he's certainly a step up on Tom Siddall who usually rides this fellow. Palypso De Creek usually goes well fresh and has a 7 month lay off to overcome, I don't think this is too much of a worry as he has won when fresh on a couple of occasions. A 7 year old won this race last year and I'm hoping history will repeat itself here, there are a couple of other 7 year olds with good claims too but this fellow is open to much more progression this season having only had 5 runs in the UK so far, he ran in the Aintree Grand National when last seen but fell at the canal turn when looking a tired and beaten horse. However, this is much more to his liking and if feeling no ill effects of his only career fall to date, I expect to see a very big run from him. He's the 3/1 favourite in my book and I feel the 5's available are quite generous, he's the one to beat here and he's worth medium stakes to make a successful return with conditions bordering on his optimum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement