Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

On the bright side Pyro, Arsenal drew Barca in the Chmpions League :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

/grabs shotgun. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Anybody know if bets are refunded when this happens (on PP)? I assume so but ya never know with bookies.

They are surely. Thank God!

Haydock is nearly nailed on to be called off in the morning. Not sure if I could be arsed going through the AW cards for tomorrow but I'll see what I can find. Silaah and Franco Is My Name are both back out and catching my eye.

• Advertisement

Had a bet, I'll be back with reasoning if I've time. Wasn't going to back anything but the price has just got too big imo.

2:05 Southwell - Silaah - 3pts @ 7/2 (Betfred)

This is what I posted before...
    1:25 Southwell - Silaah - 3pts @ 6/1 (WillHill)

Tough race to solve, especially with Dandy Nicholls having 3 runners in the field but I believe this fellow has the best chance of winning and looks on paper to be Dandy's first choice, especially with his son Adrian on board. Silaah comes here in good form having 3rd in a competitive 7 runner handicap last time out off a mark of 84. He has been dropped a pound for the run which will come in handy and has a much better jockey on now too. The official distance of his defeat was 6.25 lengths, but that doesn't tell the whole story as he took up the running over 2 furlongs out and hung very badly left as a result. He chance was blown once he got to the front so early as he tends to run around under pressure and I think that won't happen again, especially with a more experienced jockey on board. That race was over this C&D and the track was riding very slow, which certainly wouldn't help my selection. Todays conditions should be perfect and I'm expecting he could build on what was his first run at the Southwell track.

I also believe that racing so prominently didn't help this fellow, he got into a battle for the lead and came out all the worse for it. I'm hoping that Silaah will be dropped in behind the likely strong pace which I expect to be made by his stable mate, Sir Geoffrey. They're drawn right beside each other and are right down the middle of the track, which is said to have a severe bias, with the majority of winners at this course often coming home down the center. My selection should be suited significantly by his positioning and should be coming home as strongly as anything with a likely strong gallop pretty much ensured with so many speed merchants in the race. Silaah has proved in the past that this is when he's most effective and he nearly grabbed victory on the 30th of November in a claimer when coming back from a 50 day break. He was unfavoured at the weights yet ran within a neck of Ebraam, who has since dotted up in another claimer. In a handicap my selection would of been in receipt of 7lbs but was carrying 5lbs more on these terms, and that doesn't even include the winners jockeys 7lb claim. A repeat of that performance would see the inform Dandy Nicholls horse gain victory here. I think Silaah would be worthy of a 3/1 price tag, and I think he's the one to beat here. Normally this would be max bet territory for me but the fact that Dandy has 2 other runners does worry me so I'm going to place medium stakes at what is a mightily large price given that everything is likely to suit. 6/1 is a gift and I'll be surprised if it lasts. Jockey bang in form, trainer in form, and success very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hughie is on that as well. Surprised at the price.

Lost already so.

Me and Hugh always put up losers when on the same wavelength.

Never again will I back that useless jockey. Threw it away with his incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

x PyRo wrote: »
    Never again will I back that useless jockey. Threw it away with his incompetence.

Just watched the race on ATR, it was a shocking ride should have won easily. Think u have picked the winner in the past aswell haven't u?

• Advertisement

Lost already so.

Me and Hugh always put up losers when on the same wavelength.

He is taking a day off tomorrow so you have a free 'rein' if Irish racing goes ahead.
    Im not even going to look at the card till I hear the result of the inspections.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Hope this run ends soon, you have been very unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Well Pyro, wondering if you could help me out.

Doing the irish times sports cross-word. Only a few left to get.

Clue: £188,200 will help him over the fence steps.

Here's what I have already __ __ I __ E __

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

STILES

Nobby Stiles sold his world cup medal for 188,200

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

easy.. google £188200. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

coughlan08 wrote: »
    STILES

Nobby Stiles sold his world cup medal for 188,200
    el diablo wrote: »
    easy.. google £188200. :D

i knew it anyway as an avid man u fan...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Well Pyro, wondering if you could help me out.

Doing the irish times sports cross-word. Only a few left to get.

Clue: £188,200 will help him over the fence steps.

Here's what I have already __ __ I __ E __

Thanks
    Contains spoilers
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056123655

Cheers lads, thought it was a horse-racing clue for some reason hence I came to Pyro. Might put a few more ones i'm stuck on into the "Off-topic" thread.

Thanks again

Quazzie wrote: »

Wow that takes the fun straight out of it. I've been racking my brain for the last two days at this (with the odd use of google, mainly for spelling :p).

Looks like I'm finished it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Wow that takes the fun straight out of it. I've been racking my brain for the last two days at this (with the odd use of google, mainly for spelling :p).

Looks like I'm finished it now.
    Sorry I probably should've marked that as containing spoilers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ha,I thought that would have been some grade one winner where the prize money was that amount.

4:25 Kempton - Lewyn - 3pts @ 6/1 (Bet365)

This one's a speed 3 year old and also a previous selection of mine on a few occasions. She comes here on the back of 2 solid efforts in November, coming 4th at Wolverhampton and coming 3rd at Lingfield in a claimer. She has since moved to the Jeremy Gask yard and now has her debut run for new connections. Her handicap mark has slipped down to 81, which is now 2lbs lower than when scoring at Wolverhampton over this flying 5 furlongs back in April of this year, that was over 6f, a trip I believe to test her stamina to the maximum but it proved dividends that day and proven stamina may come to the fore here in what is likely to be a very stamina sapping contest. There's numerous prominent racers in the field and I'm expecting a couple could end up being very desperate to get control of the race, thus making it a very fast gallop, which should playing into the hands of Lewyn. She also has a perfect draw in stall 10, right on the rail, the area of ground I believe is the fastest at the Kempton track.

Lewyn is also tactically versatile, having won when held up and also when racing prominent. That gives her jockey, Steve Drowne, numerous options of how to run the race and this may prove vital in a race where tactics should really be to the fore. Racing prominent at Kempton certainly has its advantages and I believe she's at her best when taking closer order than she has done of late. Hopefully they adopt these tactics as on her last 2 runs, her jockeys may have given her too much to do by being slightly more restrained mid race. On the other side, it may pay dividends to hold her up on the back of a rapid gallop, as they should be coming back to her quicker than usual and I expect she'll be staying on as well as anything on these terms, so there are options here, the problem is which is the right one. The combination of Gask training her and Drowne on board could open the door for her to gain a 5th career success, although it would be her first away from Wolverhampton, a course she loves and it remains to be seen if she can actually win anywhere else. Gask and Drowne have an impressive 19% strike rate at this course, with 7 winners from 37 runners, however, it's worrying that they've never had a 3 year old enter the winners enclosure here after 14 attempts. I'll overlook that stat as she's nearly 4 and records are there to be broken, hopefully starting here today with their only runner at the course. Drowne is riding very well of late and he's a jockey I owe many thanks to on plenty of occasions. He's very talented at what he does and always adds extra confidence when I see him on a potential selection, I think he could be a big benefit to a horse who needs to be coaxed into her races, something he should have little trouble in doing. It remains to be seen whether she can win away from Wolverhampton but I'll take my chances on her new connections to overhaul that stat. She's very tastily priced at 6/1 and I had her down as the 7/2 favourite in my book, with another previous selection, Love You Louis, hot on her trail. My worries about the breakneck speed ruled out that one from my thoughts and I'm siding with the ex Kevin Ryan filly to break her duck at a track that isn't Wolverhampton. Medium sized bet for me and hopefully she'll add a few quid into the kitty for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Should we wait to see if HT tips it first? :)

lol, not a bad idea. He's such a jinx! Judging by the early markets I don't think he has. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

lol, not a bad idea. He's such a jinx! Judging by the early markets I don't think he has. :)

Lets hope not anyway, I think we all need the extra bit of luck (and cash) around this time of the year!

Have a few euro on it, hope it comes through Pyro.

Nope. We are safe. The ones Hugh was thinking of are non-runners. Would be a nice xmas pressie for sure.

Anyone know if somebody tipped REVOLUTIONARY in the 4.55? Its been backed from 20s into 7/1 so there must be something goin on :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Gonna follow you on Lewyn Pyro, the best of luck.

Ugh, she tried to make all. I was hoping she'd take closer order but not that close. Ended up being swallowed up inside the final furlong.

One piece of advise lads, lay the crap out of anything I put up! Can't click lately at all.

Bank - 355.53pts (+255.53pts)

Can't wait for the flat season to return.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Happy Xmas PyRo:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement