Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

7:50 Kempton - Billberry - 2pt e/w @ 6/1

Slightly out of the weights for this one, but with a good jockey on board and a number of solid perfomances lately i think he has a decent shout today of at least placing.

8:20 Kempton - Zuwaar - .5pts win @ 43/1 (BF) & .5pts place @ 8/1

Hasn't won in a while but is falling down the weights now, used to be a decent horse for Ian Williams but has been poor on first two starts for new yard and didn't beat a single opponent. This looks a fairly weak race and if he has a good day he could well have a chance here and at those prices it's worth a go. 3lb claimer on board. Last win came off a rating of 70 and he's running off 57 today so may well have an e/w chance at least.

9:20 - Yakama - 2pts @ 6/1

Long standing maiden who has been coming close to breaking that of late, only beaten by a short head last night when second to Royal Acclamation. Stays at the same weight as its last few runs and surely in with a chance in a weak race.

Edit : -7 for Today. Yakama was well backed into 11/4 but couldn't get up and finished 3rd.

Carlisle

2:10 - Eyre Square - 5pts

Has 7lbs on the only other horse i think has a chance of troubling him, failed favourite last time out over a trip that didn't suit. This will, and the ground will also be a help. Should have a very solid chance in a field of only five.

2:45 - Border Reiver - 3pts

Has good form coming second behind Youngstown on penultimate start at Catterick, The Heavy ground didn't help last time out when he ran poorly only coming eight. If the ground stays Good to Soft it'll suit him better than any of his rivals and he should have a chance of getting off the mark on his fifth attempt over fences.

4:30 - Royal Flynn - 1pt e/w

Still a maiden over hurdles after 21 attempts, i think tomorrow could be the day he breaks that trend, has decent form over the soft ground that's on the hurdle track and seems to run better on it than alot of his competitors here bar Prioryjo but i think he could be a bit on the high side weight wise. Going to take one more chance with Royal Flynn at decent odds hopefully. Currently 8 runners in the race so i'll go for 1pt e/w, if it drops below that and only two places are paid i'll go for 2pts on the nose.

Lingfield

2:40 - Misaro - 5pts @ 4/1 (Taking Betfair price, don't think he'll be that in the morning)

Has been running very well of late with one win and two seconds in his last three races, usually races near the front which i like, good jockey on board in David Probert so he should have a fair chance. Only lost by a neck last time out to Fromsong who's a tough front runner, He's better at 5f but is also good over this 6f trip and if he can get the better of Wotashirtfull then i think he has a serious chance of beating the rest.

Best of luck everyone.

2/3 so far. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭markhiggins

good work!! i had them both backed, was going to back the fav against misaro but saw you giving it 5pts so changed my mind, keep up the good work

good work!! i had them both backed, was going to back the fav against misaro but saw you giving it 5pts so changed my mind, keep up the good work

Cheers Mark, It's always nice to win a few quid now and again. :D

My two bigger staked horses have won so it's a good day for me, Thank God i took the 4's on BF last night on Misaro, it was a crazy price for a horse with 18 career wins and he's been running great lately too!

• Advertisement

+20pts for the day, was a very productive one for me to say the least. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    +20pts for the day, was a very productive one for me to say the least. :)

Great stuff, the tide is turning ;) (in a good way) :D

Finally! :D

New Bank - 114.04pts (+14.04pts)

Determined not to go back into a minus again!

Survived the weekend without having a bet on the horses. :)

Going to have a couple of bets tomorrow.

3:10 Lingfield - Prince Namid - 2pts @ 12/1 & 2pt @ 3/1 Place

Runs off a mark of 69 tomorrow and has won off alot higher and was rated 93 at his best, Ran well last time out beating odds on favourite Total Impact in a claimer. If he runs that well again he should have a serious chance of at least a place but based on last years form he doesn't run consistently well. Should have a good chance of at least a place hopefully but could come last aswell depending on how he decides to turn up. Will take the chance though at a good price, and i don't think he'll go off any higher than 12/1 tomorrow so i'll take that now.

2:20 Wolverhampton - Bazroy - 2pts @ 11/2

Missed all of last year but ran well on reappearance over 1mile and dropped back to 7f now which will suit better, Was rated 97 at his peak by the handicapper and is 7lb better off than the favourite Cobo Bay who is the main danger in the race but i think Bazroy can get the better of him if coming on from his last run. It's a tough enough race to call and the favourite could well win again but i don't think his victory over Seasider (Who's in this race too) was that impressive last time out so i'll oppose him here and i'm opposing Seasider also who hasn't won a race for two years since his debut. Hopefully Bazroy can do the business tomorrow.

• Advertisement

No good, Prince nearly placed coming 4th, one to look out for.

3:15 Kempton - Carcinetto - .5 pts @ 33/1 e/w

One i've backed a few times, she's going to come in some day soon! Probably not tomorrow but i don't want to take any chances so i'll have a small nibble each-way.

4:20 Kempton - Admiral Cochrane - 2pts @ BSP

Running very well lately winning 3 out of last 5 races. Was looking likely to win again last time out but ran into trouble. It's between himself and Duelist imo.

5:25 Kempton - Ilie Nastase - 1pt @ 23.00 e/w

He's rarely out of the top three but never seems to be able to win, apart from in claimers. Keniry on board for his only ride tomorrow, The horse is reasonably weighted and i think it's over priced, will probably have a bigger bet on the place. Drawn in the widest stall which will probably neither help nor hinder so hopefully he can run into a place at least.

2:50 Carlisle - Wild Cane Ridge - 1pt @ 25.00 e/w

Ran well on penultimate start at Newcastle, went off at 33/1 hit 2.4 in running. Rated 145 at his peak, Running off 127 tomorrow. Form here when completing is 1-2-1 but they were along time ago when he was only young. I think he's over priced anyways, last run wasn't anything to judge him on as it was a trip to short for him. If he jumps well he has a chance i think as this is a wide open race.

That's enough bets for me! Best of luck lads.

Only the one bet tomorrow in the national.

4:05 Fairyhouse - Selection Box - 2pts e/w @ 33/1.

Will like the ground and should see out the trip, 7lb claimer on board. Not much weight and overpriced imo. Fuck all else i'd fancy in it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Only the one bet tomorrow in the national.

4:05 Fairyhouse - Selection Box - 2pts e/w @ 33/1.

Will like the ground and should see out the trip, 7lb claimer on board. Not much weight and overpriced imo. Fuck all else i'd fancy in it anyways.

Selection Box is 40/1 @ PP

Nulty wrote: »
    Selection Box is 40/1 @ PP

Cheers dude, Shall be taking the 40's then so. Thanks for that.

Cheers dude, Shall be taking the 40's then so. Thanks for that.

It's getting better, or worse depends on how you view NO support.

50/1 @ PP

No good, at least he finished the race!

2:10 Southwell - Amber Moon 1pt e/w

Down 7lbs since her last run three weeks ago. Seems to be a tricky sort and hasn't won since March of last year at this course in a claimer. Won her race before that off a mark of 50 and is 3lbs lower than that today. The jockey wouldn't inspire me but if the horse is gets a bit of luck i think she's over priced at 35/1 on BF at the moment. Doesn't normally venture down to 7f and the last time she did at this course she came second losing by a short head. I think it's a wide open race and i'll take a chance at those prices with small stakes.

Only the one bet as there's nothing else that i'm interested in tomorrow.

Best of luck.

3:45 Southwell - Ibn Hiyyan - 5pts

Will take whatever price i can get in the morning, hopefully evens but i doubt it. Looks like handy money. Nothing in the race should be able to trouble him. Ran well last time out, over C&D, Johnston's record in 1m4f Handicaps with 3 year olds is very good and he should have this one ready to fly in. Will have to go to the hole in the wall tomorrow to take out a few quid to back him so hopefully it'll be worth it.

3:45 Southwell - Ibn Hiyyan - 5pts

Will take whatever price i can get in the morning, hopefully evens but i doubt it. Looks like handy money. Nothing in the race should be able to trouble him. Ran well last time out, over C&D, Johnston's record in 1m4f Handicaps with 3 year olds is very good and he should have this one ready to fly in. Will have to go to the hole in the wall tomorrow to take out a few quid to back him so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Easy as you like. Drifted to 5/6 too.

• Advertisement

Easy as you like. Drifted to 5/6 too.

Good pick, he drifted out to 10/11 which I quickly snapped up. Happy days Pyro

Nulty wrote: »
    Good pick, he drifted out to 10/11 which I quickly snapped up. Happy days Pyro

The stats from your thread helped too. ;)

Loving the drift though, had a fair lump on it!

3:00 Lingfield - The Geester - 2pts on Win & 2pts Place

Usually runs well around here, form over C&D is 3-1-3-4. I like Kirby as a jockey, has won me a few quid before and it's his only ride at Lingfield tomorrow. Looks a wide open race but i've been backing this lad on his last few outings including the one he was in a DH for 1st over C&D in January. I think he'll have a good chance and hopefully will at least place. 8.0 on BF at the moment for the win, 2.62 for the place.

Nothing else takes my fancy, so it'll probably be only one bet for me tomorrow.

That was a waste of money. :(

-17pts over the last week or so. Will have to get that back up soon.

Aintree

2:00 - Kayf Aramis - 2pts e/w

The ground and trip will suit, would prefer it softer but is still effective on this. Can't be backing Big Bucks @ 3/10 so i'll go with Kayf to hopefully run into a place if it stays with 8 runners, if any other horses pull out only 2 places will be paid and i'll not be backing him if there's only two places. Twiston-Davies' horses are flying this season and i think he's over priced here. Ran a good race when 5th at Cheltenham, 8 lengths behind Buena Vista.

2:35 - Nafaath - 1pt @ 15.5 (Betfair)

Hammered home last time out winning by 18lengths. The yard is in great form and a top jockey on board too. There's some good horses in this race and it'll be a tough one for him to win but i think if he runs well enough he has a decent chance and is over priced on Betfair for me. So i'll have a go for small stakes.

3:10 - Nacarat - 5pts @ 5/1

Although i love Imperial Commander i don't think he represents any value in this race @ 10/11. Gold Cup winners have a brutal record in this race also, so i'll be avoiding him. The type of track will suit Nacarat and he'll be one of my biggest bets for this meeting. Hopefully he'll do the business.

5:10 Leicester - Definightly - 1pt e/w @ 22/1

3lbs lower than last win, Doesn't mind a bit of cut in the ground but this might be a bit too much hence the price but i'll have a small go.

Having one of those runs where everything i touch loses. :(

I have one big bet i fancy today.

5:50 Wolverhamtpon - Athwaab - 5pts

Should discount of these, have all my reasoning done up on the race but i'll not post it here as it goes on for ages. Having a large bet on her. Only worried that she could end up being caught near the line as the track isn't most suited to front runners but i'll take a chance. Well weighted and sure to have a serious chance, has beaten the other top two in the market before and i'm hoping she'll drift to evens.

6:20 Wolverhampton - Colonel Sherman - 4pts @ 9/4

7:50 Wolverhampton - Lewyn - 2pts @ 8/1

8:20 Wolverhampton - Fathsta - 1pt @ 8/1

8:50 Wolverhampton - Kielty's Folly - 1pt @ 12/1

9:20 Wolverhampton - Mullitovermaurice - 1pt @ 8/1

Just a few small ones to keep me entertained for the evening, can't be arsed giving reasoning as i'm in a rush!

5:50 Wolverhamtpon - Athwaab - 5pts

Should discount of these, have all my reasoning done up on the race but i'll not post it here as it goes on for ages. Having a large bet on her. Only worried that she could end up being caught near the line as the track isn't most suited to front runners but i'll take a chance. Well weighted and sure to have a serious chance, has beaten the other top two in the market before and i'm hoping she'll drift to evens.

Good woman yourself. :D
    x PyRo wrote:
    6:20 Wolverhampton - Colonel Sherman - 4pts @ 9/4

2nd, couldn't ever get past a horse that led from start to finish. Poor effort.

My Athwaab bet was alot bigger than the 5 point stakes i put up here as anything over 5pts is massive so i've a free night from now on regardless, and then a nice bit more. :D I love that horse!!

5:50 Wolverhamtpon - Athwaab - 5pts :D WINS @ Evens +5pts

6:20 Wolverhampton - Colonel Sherman - 4pts @ 9/4 :( 2nd -4pts

7:50 Wolverhampton - Lewyn - 2pts @ 8/1 :D Wins @9/1 + 18pts

8:20 Wolverhampton - Fathsta - 1pt @ 8/1 :( 5th

8:50 Wolverhampton - Kielty's Folly - 1pt @ 12/1 :( 4th

9:20 Wolverhampton - Mullitovermaurice - 1pt @ 8/1 :( 4th

+6pts today. Finally a winning day. Needed that after going on one of my trademark crap runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good man. Any ideas for Aintree tomorrow?
    I thinking of backing me good auld General Miller in the 2.00 at 12/1 :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement