Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I think I speak for everyone when I say good luck :D The more consistently profitable logs we have on here the richer we all become. And I think we all know what that means....
    9Osf3BvbfWFRE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I get seasick :-(
    Can I have a helicopter instead?

I get seasick :-(
    Can I have a helicopter instead?

Strictly boats and hoes I'm afraid!

Must go on adverts and try and swap my boat for a ho!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

5:20 Exeter - Rockabilly - 2.5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Short of time so it's a short write-up but I reckon that Nigel Twiston-Davies could enhance his already impressive course record with handicap debutante Rockabilly. He's a well related type who now takes a step up in trip and gets good ground for the first time in his career under rules. Both look to be big positives and he's also the only runner for this yard at the track, where they have an 18% strike rate over hurdles and show a £21 profit to level stakes. He has shown promise over shorter distances in maiden and novice company but was always going to be one to make a bigger impact when sent handicapping. His mark of 101 may understate his abilities and assuming Twiston-Davies has him tuned up for this, he should run a good race. David England takes the ride, on what is his only one of the day and he boasts a 36% strike rate here for this yard, with 5 winners from just 14 runners. It's his first time on board this animal in a competitive race but he's a very capable jockey and himself and the yard make a near 300 mile round trip for just the one runner, which could well be a signal of intent. It looks a very weak contest and although there's plenty who could spring a surprise, Rockabilly looks a stayer in the making on an attractive mark. 4 places are being paid and will continue to be assuming more than 2 runners don't come out, so hopefully he'll at least grab one of those, and maybe even win it. Big each-way bet for me and I think he'll run a cracker if he's let.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Best of luck with Rockabilly today man, that horse has a place in my heart! (pulled me out of a big hole!).

Looking forward to following the thread when the flat kicks in...

x PyRo wrote: »
    5:20 Exeter - Rockabilly - 2.5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Short of time so it's a short write-up but I reckon that Nigel Twiston-Davies could enhance his already impressive course record with handicap debutante Rockabilly. He's a well related type who now takes a step up in trip and gets good ground for the first time in his career under rules. Both look to be big positives and he's also the only runner for this yard at the track, where they have an 18% strike rate over hurdles and show a £21 profit to level stakes. He has shown promise over shorter distances in maiden and novice company but was always going to be one to make a bigger impact when sent handicapping. His mark of 101 may understate his abilities and assuming Twiston-Davies has him tuned up for this, he should run a good race. David England takes the ride, on what is his only one of the day and he boasts a 36% strike rate here for this yard, with 5 winners from just 14 runners. It's his first time on board this animal in a competitive race but he's a very capable jockey and himself and the yard make a near 300 mile round trip for just the one runner, which could well be a signal of intent. It looks a very weak contest and although there's plenty who could spring a surprise, Rockabilly looks a stayer in the making on an attractive mark. 4 places are being paid and will continue to be assuming more than 2 runners don't come out, so hopefully he'll at least grab one of those, and maybe even win it. Big each-way bet for me and I think he'll run a cracker if he's let.

Fúcking finally!!! What a ride from David England. HERO!

14/1 too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

Fair play with Rockabilly, shaking off last week nicely!

BINGO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fúcking finally!!! What a ride from David England. HERO!

14/1 too. :)

Fair play man, nice win for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Well done Pyro... Nice price too :D

Cheers lads. Ye don't know how long I was waiting for that one (a winner, not the horse!). My losing streak was beyond a joke but that chips into it nicely. If I ever meet Mr. England, I'll buy him plenty of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers lads. Ye don't know how long I was waiting for that one (a winner, not the horse!). My losing streak was beyond a joke but that chips into it nicely. If I ever meet Mr. England, I'll buy him plenty of pints.

Probably as long as it's been since I posted in here!

<<
    >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Pyro cheers man had 10 e/w ,
    Thats 4 bets since sunday ( 3 soccer and that horse ) and all won im on a roll , thanks again man , Never mind David England ill buy you plenty of pints if I Meet you

Thanks again;);)

Nice one PB, hope the run continues. Seen them in the footy thread and you're on fire. Hope I can follow suit sometime soon. :)

L'prof, keep posting, you're my lucky charm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Was there a rule 4 or something?

I had it at 5/2 for a place but PP only paid out 2/1

Nice one! Put double my usual stake cause I fancied him myself. Wouldn't have looked at the racing at all though if it wasn't for you. God bless you kind gentleman

on the road to the watery road of boats and hoes

Nice one Jive. Makes a change from the crap I've put up lately anyways.
    iggy wrote: »
    Was there a rule 4 or something?

I had it at 5/2 for a place but PP only paid out 2/1

15p R4 for me with Bet365.

+37.19pts today.

Bank - 226.82pts (+126.82pts)

The aim is to get the bank up to 500 points by the end of the flat season, so hopefully I can do that. It has tumbled all the way down from 400pts, which really shows how crap I am at the National Hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Fair play Pyro. Backed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

welcome back fella!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Cheers lad ,just check it now .Had 10 e/w:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

pyro did you get a free bet with bet365 because you backed

a winner greater than 4/1 ?

Cheers for the comments. :)

Clive, I did surely. Has to be used in the 2:10 at Haydock tomorrow.

3:50 Haydock - Nicene Creed - 5pts @ 6/1 (PaddyPower)

A very bizarre prize for a horse who has shown ability over sticks to date but is obviously going to be a lot better on quicker ground, which he gets for the first time in his hurdling career. Nicene Creed was an expensive purchase when fetching £175,000 in May of last year, having finished a good 2nd of 25 in a Punchestown bumper, behind none other than the 150 rated Backspin. He has won 2 of his 5 hurdling starts, but encounters ideal ground for the first time, which could see him make a mockery of this rating of 123. It's only his second start in handicap hurdles, the other was last time out, where he was sent of as a 5/1 joint-favourite in a competitive 14 runner race. He was threading water a long way from home and it was obvious that conditions weren't to his liking. He's from the Phillip Hobbs yard and they seem to think a lot of him, so they'll be looking to exploit this mark some day soon. Hobbs has a fine 19% strike rate here at Haydock when running his animals over hurdles (in the last 5 seasons) and Tom O'Brien, who has ridden this fellow on all 5 of his hurdle runs, also boasts a good record, with 3 winners from 18 runners over the Haydock sticks, to give him a 17% strike rate and a £9 LSP. The yard only come down with 2 runners and make a 400 mile round trip to do so. I'm not overly keen on the other one they're bringing down and this is the one to be on. 6/1 looks vastly overpriced and I reckon he could halve in price, at least. Maximum stakes for me and assuming the ground continues to be good, this fellow should be capable of taking advantage.

Price just gone into 5's, still 11/2 with VC.

I got no free bet with bet365 ;~(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

clived2 wrote: »
    pyro did you get a free bet with bet365 because you backed

a winner greater than 4/1 ?

Thats for races televised on C4 isn't it? Was racing on terrestrial TV today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Thank you sir, I stopped backing horses bout 3yrs ago, lost me stones at cheltenham so I gave it up,

a mate called me to put a bet on for him at chelt this year, and I was hooked again, I like to back outsiders with reason and I see your not afraid to mention them,

I put 20 EW with a 10 win on your pick, so it gives me a good start, I will be following with interest,

I do and can pick some good outsiders but I would not be up to speed as your are,

I follow ground, form, but most of all i love to see a good animal off for 3 to 4 hundred days who runs well fresh with the ground.

I wish you all the best, be lucky.

Nulty, you know the answer to that one. No point in me stating the obvious.

The race was a feature race (the last one of the day), so anyone who backed him gets a free bet (matched stake up to 50 quid) on the next one, which is the 2:10 at Haydock.

http://www.bet365.com/extra/en/promotions/horse-racing/feature-race-4-to-1-offer/
    Bet365 wrote:
    Feature Race 4/1

Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on a bet365 Feature Race and you can have a free bet to the same stake on the next bet365 Feature Race.

If your free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a free bet on the next bet365 Feature Race. Keep backing those winners and we'll keep giving you free bets!

This offer is available with bet365 on two races per day when there is no scheduled live Channel 4 racing and on every race live on the BBC!

So on and so forth...
    Thank you sir, I stopped backing horses bout 3yrs ago, lost me stones at cheltenham so I gave it up,

a mate called me to put a bet on for him at chelt this year, and I was hooked again, I like to back outsiders with reason and I see your not afraid to mention them,

I put 20 EW with a 10 win on your pick, so it gives me a good start, I will be following with interest,

I do and can pick some good outsiders but I would not be up to speed as your are,

I follow ground, form, but most of all i love to see a good animal off for 3 to 4 hundred days who runs well fresh with the ground.

I wish you all the best, be lucky.

Cheers for the comment dude.

I love backing outsiders, serious buzz when it comes off but long losing streaks are hateful. All part of the game though and hopefully there won't be too many of those come the start of the flat.

Hope you've a good time of it and welcome back to the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Oh, very good. Can we still be friends? :P

EDIT:

Shocking as it may be, I don't know everything James. I thought I knew there was no racing on C4 until I saw cliveds comment which led me to second guess myself. I hope my question didn't insult your intelligence.

Why didn't jive get a free bet? Am I allowed ask questions?

Sound job Iain. Apologies for wrongly assuming you knew all. :)

Jive should have a free bet in his account, assuming he done the bet with Bet365.

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Oh, very good. Can we still be friends? :P

EDIT:

Shocking as it may be, I don't know everything James. I thought I knew there was no racing on C4 until I saw cliveds comment which led me to second guess myself. I hope my question didn't insult your intelligence.

Why didn't jive get a free bet? Am I allowed ask questions?

After getting onto live help apparently if I stake on the haydock 2.10 race tomorrow and my selection loses then I get refunded in the form of a free bet! Backed Marleybow @ 7/1 so fingers crossed ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement