Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Don't know what i'll be backing tomorrow, I hate the big meetings! I'd be up 100pts if i hadn't of backed at all the big ones! I need to stick to the All Weather as i'm making serious cash at it!

You back that horse all the time lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Ah right!

I know haha, think I had a winner with him @ 12/1 or something before.

Think I'll stick a fiver on him for the craic :D

6:15 Wolverhampton - Dimaire - 5pts @ 7/1

Dimaire was favourite last time out and came second over 5f to Kummel Excess who went into a 6f Handicap after that at Lingfield rated at 66 and came second. KE then went on to score over 6f at Southwell beating some decent horses. Was rated 74 after that success but flopped when coming last after being dropped back to 5f again.

*Dimaire is stepping up to 6f tomorrow and if it suits him like it suited Kummel Excess i think he'll have a good chance. Also he's drawn in Stall 3 which is another positive.

*He's rated 58 for this, 6lbs lower than his last time where he came 2nd at Southwell beating My Mandy by 1.5 lengths who's in this race (But has a bad draw) when he had 1lb on My Mandy, and has 2lbs tomorrow.

*The winner (Angie's Nap) of that race followed up with two wins after, one of which was in a handicap where it was rated 61 and AN had 8lbs on Dimaire that day, yet has gone on to be rated 66, 8lbs higher than Dimaire is tomorrow.

More reasoning to come tomorrow i'm just tired. This will probably be my only bet and i'll be having a decent sized bet too.

WELL **** THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOT UP TODAY AROUND 12 AFTER A LONG NIGHT LAST NIGHT, REMINDED MYSELF TO DO THE BET ON GENERAL MILLER AS I SAID I PLANNED TO DO ABOVE. GUESS WHAT, WENT UPSTAIRS TO STUDY A COUPLE OF THINGS, WAS HALF 2 WHEN I REMEMBERED ABOUT THE BET. CHECK TIMEFORM AND WOULDN'T YA KNOW IT, GENERAL MILLER WON AND I COULD'VE GOT HIM AT 12/1 EARLIER THAT DAY.

IM VERY VERY VERY SICKENED.

Sorry about the rant xPyro :o

x PyRo wrote: »
    6:15 Wolverhampton - Dimaire - 5pts @ 7/1

Ran ok, will win soon. The winner had alot of money go on her and it spoke volumes.

• Advertisement

6:45 Wolverhampton - Ebraam - 1pt @ 14/1 e/w

Aintree

1:45 - Lucky William e/w @ 16/1

I like this fellow, good second in a grade 2 recently. I like the jock too, Probably won't beat PC but has a good chance of a place. Although would probably be better if the ground was a bit softer.

2:15 - Bedlam Boy e/w @ 10/1

Another one hopefully to at least place, should relish the step up in class. Was a good hurdler and won 3 out of first 4 chase starts. Trying to avoid the Cheltenham runners so i'll go for him.

2:50 - Zaynar @ 7/4

Should have the beating of these, KK is the only worry but it the step up in trip may swing it in Zaynars favour.

3:25 - Au Courant e/w @ 8/1

I back him every time he races and tomorrow will be no different. Fairly weighted, no problems with the trip or ground. Should be there or thereabouts.

4:15 - Flintoff e/w @ 66/1

No particular reasong why i backed him, not sure at all! But i got him at 66/1 the other day and he's 40/1 now so at least i got a nicer price. He probably hasn't a hope in hell but for small e/w stakes it'll keep me entertained.

5:00 - Zanir e/w @ 12/1

Ran well at Cheltenham, backed him then and i'll back him now. Hopefully he can give me a run for my money. Wide open race so it's a shot in the dark.

2pts for the win or 1pt for the e/w.

Also my Nap below..

5:10 Lingfield - Copperwood - 3pts

Notched up Hat trick of wins before his last race where he was well backed favourite, Won two of his hat trick here and is only 3lbs higher than that last win. Had not won before winning those three in a row so must be doing something right and hopefully he can improve again.

My Nap wins @ 10/1 and 17.00 on BF.

I'll keep it to industry SP despite having the betfair price thank god!

+18 today. Bad picks for Aintree but the Nap made up for it.

New Bank - 114.04pts (+14.04pts)

Made up my loses today and i'm at the exact same bank as i was before my bad run. That'll do!

8:00 Wolverhampton - Straight Face 1pt @ 10/1 e/w - NB

Lost to the fav here by a neck over C&D last month when 6lbs higher, now they're running off the same weights so i'll take a chance on him as i think he's over priced.

Edit : No Good. Shouldn't be pushing my luck like a bollocks.

• Advertisement

In profit man, keep it up!
    Smaller meetings are probably the best!

3:15 Curragh - Victram - 1pt @ 12.00

Hasn't raced on the flat for two years but previously rated off a mark of 100, Last win came off 96 in 2005 but is running off only 80 tomorrow. The heavy ground shouldn't be too much of a bother, has won on it before and his last flat race was on heavy at The Curragh where he came 3rd out of 23 in the 2008 Irish Lincolnshire.

Would probably preffer soft ground, The trip wouldn't be his most effective either hence the price but i'll take a shot. Has been running well on last two outings being in the frame whilst Chasing. Coming 2nd over 2m1f on Heavy ground and ran well throughout one month ago at Down Royal coming 4th on the Soft ground. 12.0 on BF at the moment so i'll have a nibble now and might go back for more in the morning.

3:00 Folkstone - Todber - 1pt @ 12.0

Well drawn, Decently handicapped and a 7lb claimer on board. Could have a chance if taking to the ground.

My Nap's a non runner.

Going for one in the same race.

3:00 Folkstone - Ken's Girl - 1pt @ 6/1

Well handicapped, most of the money on betfair going on her. Runs well on the heavy ground too. Should be in with a chance.

2:20 Pontefract - Hits Only Jude - 5pts

Well weighted, 7lb claimer on board. Runs off same mark as when running well last time out coming second with a poor draw. Has a great draw from stall one here. 0 from 20 on turf but after seeing it on the AW i think it won't be long until it's winning on the turf. Fingers crossed it's tomorrow as i'll be having a decent bit of it. Mey Blossom is a big danger at the weights though.

4:20 Pontefract - Shadows Lengthen - 1pt e/w

Was in great form on the AW notching up 6 in a row after not winning on first 10 starts. Running off a stiff mark tomorrow might lead to a nice price and if he can improve again back on turf he could have a chance. Decent 5lb claimer on board who was the jockey for 4 of the 6 wins. 14/1 on Betfair at the moment.

Didn't see HOJ's race but i'm surprised she only came 3rd. One for next time guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

4:20 Pontefract - Shadows Lengthen - 1pt e/w

Was in great form on the AW notching up 6 in a row after not winning on first 10 starts. Running off a stiff mark tomorrow might lead to a nice price and if he can improve again back on turf he could have a chance. Decent 5lb claimer on board who was the jockey for 4 of the 6 wins. 14/1 on Betfair at the moment.

he was well to high a price....nice place:)

colly54 wrote: »
    he was well to high a price....nice place:)

Cheers, i see you had him too. Well done.

Don't know how they had him @ 25/1 though! The horse was class over the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Cheers, i see you had him too. Well done.

Don't know how they had him @ 25/1 though! The horse was class over the winter!
    yeah he won like 5 or 6 races in a row :)

• Advertisement

+1.25pts today.

3:35 Newmarket - Fremont - 3pts @ 6/1

Looks to have potential, Moore on board for Hannon. Seems nicely weighted in comparison to the rest of them and i think it has a better chance than stablemate Quadrille.

Above lost.

2:35 Ripon - Esprit De Midas1pt @ 18/1 (BF)

Has a cool name! (People here won't get that, but my name on another forum is similar) :p Has only ran 4 times on turf winning once. Didn't go well last time when well backed and 2lbs lower now returning to turf. Should be a decent e/w price and i'll have a bit of it.

3:10 Ripon - Almiqdaad 2pts if i get better than 2/1

Went off 8/1 Favourite in the Cambridgeshire and came 11th but ran well winning a big race before that. Hopefully will be a backable price tomorrow as he's only 2/1 on BF at the moment. Would want a better price than that for sure.

3:45 Ripon - Monterosso @ 4/1 (BF) - NAP

Been following this fellow and he's won me a nice few quid in his last two races. Has won both starts over this trip on polytrack and will be having his first run on turf which would be my only concern. Looks like he could be a good horse and has a nice turn of foot. Should be in with a serious shout tomorrow, will wait before i back it but i will at some stage. Johnston also won this race last year with Crackdown and i'm hoping Monterosso will take to the turf and show the class that i think is there. *Que shocking run*

5:25 Ripon - Trick or Two @ 8/1 (BF)

Has been knocking on the door lately coming fourth last time after being well fancied. Has only two runs on the turf one of which was at Catterick where he ran well on Soft ground with a poor draw where he hit 1.69 in running. Has good early pace and hopefully instead of hitting the crossbar he'll be able to get across the line for once. Doesn't have the greatest of draws again but i think he'll come in someday soon.

3:00 Newmarket - Equiano 4pts @ 9/4 (B365) - NB

Good second in this race last year behind Tax Free. Spent last year running against some of the best and should find this alot easier, hopefully anyways.

3:35 Newmarket - Markazzi 1pt @ 12/1 (BF)

Ran poorly last time out as a juvenile coming 11/22 when sent off 3/1 favourite. I love backing Stoute horses, always made a few quid from his ones so i'll give this one a lash tomorrow with smallish stakes.

That'll do me for one day.

Two seconds and one winner already. Not a bad start indeed :)

Above lost.

2:35 Ripon - Esprit De Midas 1pt @ 18/1 (BF) 2nd @ 20/1 :)

3:10 Ripon - Almiqdaad 2pts if i get better than 2/1 Bet not matched.

3:45 Ripon - Monterosso 5pts @ 4/1 (BF) - NAP Wins @ 11/2 +32.5pts

5:25 Ripon - Trick or Two @ 8/1 (BF) 4th :(

3:00 Newmarket - Equiano 4pts @ 9/4 (B365) - NB Wins @ 11/4 :D +11pts

3:35 Newmarket - Markazzi 1pt @ 12/1 (BF) No good - -1

+40.5 pts today.

Hit the jackpot. Sweeet.

New Bank - 147.79pts (+47.79pts)

Finally in a comfort zone now! Up a serious amount from today. Let's keep it going now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

really impressive stuff.. well done

Is that 47pt profit around 470€ profit? :P

really impressive stuff.. well done

Cheers Delboy! Won a serious amount of cash from Monterosso!

If anyone's on the ATR site take a look at the race. He done amazingly to get back up and win after being interfered with. It was class!

Doocey wrote: »
    Is that 47pt profit around 470€ profit? :P

Add more to it. ;)

I went in twice at Monterosso which i didn't count here. Once at 4/1 then again at 11/2. Counted the 11/2 here although i had originally thought he wouldn't go out past 4/1!

Happy days. :D

• Advertisement

2:10 Newbury - Bowmaker 2pts e/w@ 12/1

Demolished the field on debut winning by 7l only came 3rd out of 4 on second appearance due to being badly hampered when he was sent off 4/9 favourite. Dettori on board is a big plus for me too and seems over priced @ 12.0 on BF at the moment and i'll have a bit of that.

2:40 Newbury - Cheveton 3pts @ 7/1

Won after a break last year off one pound lower so seems to go well fresh. Has ran here twice before winning once and coming 5th the other time. The trainer Price has a good record here also +£16 to a £1 stake. I quite like this horse and he's in with a decent shout if running his best.

3:05 Thirsk - Regeneration

May have needed the run after a break, was well backed fav and had that clown Spencer on his back too so that couldn't of helped. Ran similarly last year returning off a break coming 4th and won next time out so i'm hoping last time was a flop and that he'll run. Hanagan on board is a big plus for me too, he's flying lately albeit for Fahey but if anyone can get this horse to win his first race on Turf it'll be him. Runs off 75 tomorrow which is only 3lbs higher than his last win and i think he still has more in the tank and will come on from his recent reappearance. Bell has had a few winners in the last couple of days so hopefully he'll have this one ready to increase the tally. Will wait until the morning to see if i can get a better price than the 5.4 currently on offer.

4:45 Thirsk - Asba Lutte 1pt e/w@ 14/1

One i've been following on the AW and made a tidy few pound out of. Was in absolute flying form over the winter winning 4 times on the AW. Completely flopped last time out when sent off a very well backed favourite going off at Even money. Her Turf form leaves alot to be desired but she's come on leaps & bounds over the Winter and is a better horse now and after 22 failed attempts i think she can go close tomorrow. Not too thrilled about the jockey booking of Craine to be honest but i'll take a chance with smallish stakes @ 15.00 on BF. Seems way overpriced after her winter performances.

7:50 Cheltenham - Yetholm 1pt e/w @ 18/1

He's back to his best trip, being constantly well backed and a very under rated jockey on board too who gets the best out of this horse. He's way over priced @ 18/1 on BF at the moment. He's no worse than any of the others in the race regardless of his 2nd to Get Me Out Of Here, I've watched a couple of his races and when he wants to go for it he can surely move and seems to have a nice spring in his heels, if he runs to his true ability i can see him winning and is certainly too big of a price. Going to take some of the 19.00 on BF at the moment and go back for more e/w with B365 in the morning if the price is attractive enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement