Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Great stuff! Up 3 pts for the day regardless of the last two races!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sexy :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Happy out! Wasn't going to post that one either, just because I was getting lazy. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Thanks again Pyro, I'm glad to see you gettin the rewards your hard work deserves :)

Cheers dude, pity Entitled was terrible. Just couldn't go when making ground. Annoying.

'mon Workforce, after Dubai Dynamo wins of course. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well done today, xP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

workforce for me in this one.are u doing any thing for the galway meeting pyro??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

naughto wrote: »
    are u doing any thing for the galway meeting pyro??

I've a feeling "does a bear **** in the woods?" might be an adequate reply for that! ;)

Told the father-in-law about Dreams, and he got 12/1 locally! Needless to say, he doesn't mind so much this evening that I married his daughter!

I'll be covering Galway for sure, I love punting at it. I may miss Wednesday though as I'll be beering the night before at a function! Don't want to be hungover for Canford Cliffs' destruction of Frankel though.

Cheers for the comments lads, just a pity none of the others could do the job. It would of been a brilliant day otherwise but that's how she goes.

A mixed day at the office, with a few of my selections running below par. Swiss Dream wasn't one of those though, as she made all of the running in her competitive handicap to score in a very game fashion. She's progressing well and clearly has plenty of ability, but I'd be doubtful that running her in the Stewards Cup at Goodwood is a smart plan. Her speed will always give her a chance but stiff tracks bring out the best in her and I've a feeling she'll be beaten easily enough in that contest. Happy out with today's result though, as she landed a 1pt e/w bet @ 12/1 (backed into 8's).

My Freedom was my best bet of the day and I really expected to see another good performance from him. However, he was lit up towards the rear of the field and ran around under pressure once again. It was a very modest effort from one who has plenty of ability and racing too early cost him any chance. I think a step down to 7f or even a shot at sprinting over 6f will see him in a much better light, so hopefully Godolphin read my ramblings and do that!!

Entitled was another strong bet but she under-performed, coming home in 11th place. She moved OK on the ground but failed to pick up as she did when scoring impressively on her penultimate start over C&D. It's probably a case that she just isn't up to that level and I've judged her abilities all wrong, but she may be worth one more chance and it'll be interesting to see where she heads next.

Dubai Dynamo started racing that bit too early and although he made some late headway, he was never in contention. There was some money about for him though (40's into 22/1) and I still believe there could be a big one in him off this mark, although he's fully entitled to a bit of a break having raced so often this year. Modest performance but it can be upgraded a little bit and he's one to keep on the right side of for now. Maybe a weaker contest in which he'll have to carry a lot of weight would be ideal, as he has run well in lesser contests with more weight on board in times gone by.

Richard Fahey's Demolition ran a very solid race having been well-supported and in the end, he finished a close up third. He could never get to the head of affairs but ran on gamely and remains one to keep with. A big-field, a stiff track and quick ground will suit him, so despite being 7 years old, there's a big pot in him yet. He won't be getting any favours from the handicapper though and remains a fair way above his last winning mark, which was in '09, so he always comes with a bit of a risk. He's talented though and will get his just desserts some day soon, especially if he can build on this performance.

+5.00pts on a decent day.

Everything was marred by the death of Rewilding and it's such a pity to see a wonderful horse like him struck down mid-race. I'll always remember him as the first horse I ever backed in a Derby (in which he was 3rd) and he deserved a lot more than such a brutal end to his life. He was as game as they come, talented and a joy to watch on the racecourse. RIP and it's such a pity for Godolphin to lose their stable star.

2:50 Ascot - Foxtrot Hotel - 3pts @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Chances could be given to a few here but the one that's vastly overpriced is the least experienced runner in the 10 strong field, Peter Winkworth's talented 3 year old, Foxtrot Hotel. Whilst it's hard to make head nor tails of some of the opposition (plenty of unexposed types), this 3-time raced youngster should have a lot more to give, not least off a handicap mark of 82. He didn't run as a 2 year old but nearly made up for lost time when going down narrowly to an experienced animal on debut at Salisbury on very fast ground. The form of that race wouldn't be rock solid by any means but it's not too bad and the experience was expected to stand him in good stead.

It duly did as Foxtrot Hotel made no mistake next time out, this time at Newbury. The form is even worse than that of the previous race but the way in which Winkworth's charge won was very impressive, as he traveled like a dream throughout and quickened impressively when given a light tap with the persuader. The winning margin wasn't very far, just 1¼ lengths (value for much further), yet he barely broke sweat in defeating a similarly inexperienced Luca Cumani animal. He probably won't amount to a lot but this speedily bred 3 year old brushed him aside in little to no time.

One of the reasons that Foxtrot Hotel is available at 4/1 is because of a disappointing performance last time out, as he failed to justify 15/8 favouritism on handicap debut at Pontefract, over 6f yet again. It was the first time he was encountering a bend and although he traveled well into the straight, Jim Crowley was rowing along and getting no response. The horse just didn't look overly happy on the quick ground when tackling the uphill finish and although he wasn't exactly disgraced, it rated as a much worse performance compared to his maiden win.

Connections seem to think that Foxtrot Hotel is a slower ground horse that will excel when encountering those conditions, and that's what he gets, as it stands, now. He's un-raced on anything slower than good-to-firm and today's conditions could help to see him in a much better light. I feel this horse has a lot more to given and will improve with racing, so to see him available at 4/1 on his second handicap outing is quite a surprise, as I feel he's potentially well ahead of these. The Winkworth yard are in cracking form this year, with 8 winners and 11 places from just 54 runners.

This fellow is sure to be one of their better animals and now that he's had about 6 weeks off the track (3 races in 5 weeks took it's toll), we may just see a lot more improvement from a fresher horse. Jim Crowley takes the ride, as he has done last twice, and he's one of my favourite jockeys. His record for the yard is phenomenal and although the yard are 0 from 14 at this track, I think that record could be coming to an end here. The pace should be decent throughout the race and this will suit Foxtrot Hotel, who seems to have plenty of natural speed. The return to a straight track could also be a positive and the slower ground, as expected, should suit. I feel he should be the favourite here and the only others I'd consider backing would be Remotelinx (16/1) and Pick A Little (6/1). The 4/1 about Winkworth's runner is much too big and I wouldn't be surprised if he went off at half of that price. Medium stakes for me and if this horse runs to the ability that I think he has, he wins. If he doesn't, he'll lose and I'll be sad!

No luck on Sunday with Foxtrot Hotel. He ran a very solid race to come home in third but may have done better given how powerfully he moved throughout. Once push came to shove, he just didn't have enough left to trouble the leading duo. The experience will do him the world of good though and he's one to keep an eye on when tackling the softer ground handicaps. There's a win in him off his current mark for sure.

-3.00pts on the day.

Some shorter write-ups today and there probably won't be any selections for Wednesday, as I'll be away tonight. Hopefully Canford Cliffs destroys the young pretender and if that happens, I'll be delighted! He is the better horse in my opinion, although whether he can concede so much weight to a well-matured 3 year old is up for debate. It'll be very interesting regardless.

2:00 Goodwood - Spanish Duke - 1.50pts e/w @ 22/1 (Bet365)

Typically tough handicap with 18 runners set to go to post and although it's usually tough to get something to make the frame in these races, it's much easier to write animals off who I don't believe will enjoy the track. Also, the past 5 winners were rated 102, 107, 98, 109 and 108. This suggests that it takes a bit of a class to land the spoils here and the 103-rated Spanish Duke is certainly one who I'd consider to have plenty of class. His recent form isn't too good though, so he's priced up based on that (which is good!). He has had valid excuses for his last couple of outings though and could well bounce back to form for a number of reasons, not least the slower ground conditions on a very suitable track.

Spanish Duke looked every inch a lowly Group race performer when landing a C2 contest on his seasonal return and if he came here on the back of that performance, he'd surely be priced up at single figures. On that occasion, over this 1m 2f trip at Epsom, John Dunlop's 4 year old traveled like a dream under the hands of Eddie Ahern and once he took up proceedings going well, he only needed to be pushed out to secure victory. A return to anything like that form would see him have a big say in this race and although he's 8lbs higher than when achieving that victory, it may prove to be a mark within his capabilities. He's fairly lightly-raced having only run on 16 occasions and when getting ideal conditions, I would consider him to be very, very lightly-raced.

Slower ground, an unorthodox track and being fresh seems to bring out the best in Spanish Duke, so his 5 week lay-off since disappointing at Royal Ascot should help matters. During that race, he pulled much too hard and also met trouble in-running, so I feel it's much better to put a line through that. On his penultimate outing (over C&D) after winning impressively at Epsom, John Dunlop's charge looked ill-at-ease on the fast ground and failed to land a blow. Yet again, that isn't form to take literally and I'm more than happy to write it off as being an untrue showing of his abilities. Today, things should suit and he must be in with a chance of grabbing one of the four available places at the very least.

His usual partner, Eddie Ahern, the only man to win on him (5 times from 7 rides), isn't on board today but Ted Durcan gets the leg up and 5 of his last 6 course rides for the Dunlop stable has ended in victory. That has no relevance here but they clearly form a good partnership and hopefully that will continue. The yard had a couple of winners recently and come down with just this runner today. Durcan also comes down for just one ride and he was on board for this fellows disappointing C&D run back in May. The big field should help Spanish Duke settle, as he has an awful tendency to over-race and if he could avoid doing that, I think he's a shoe-in to make the frame at least. This horse has oceans of ability, will enjoy the ground and track, so now it depends on what kind of mid-race mood he's in. It's a very tough race so it will take a fair effort to win, but he's more than capable and I feel he has most things to suit. Chances could be given to plenty but I'll just play small/medium each-way stakes on John Dunlop's 4 year old. Fingers crossed that he'll get involved.

• Advertisement

Final bet.

4:50 Goodwood - Viva Vettori - 1pt e/w @ 16/1 (Bet365)

Another very tough handicap here and this time there's 20 runners set to go to post. Viva Vettori is the one that I'm interested in and although he's 0 from 21 on turf, he looks an interesting contender on some of his showings so far this year. There are plenty of risks in backing this lively 7 year old, as he does his best work on the all-weather surfaces and is one that goes well fresh. However, it does seem as if he's taking his racing a lot better and his most recent outings have seen him produce some very solid efforts, albeit in defeat. The interesting thing is that he's now coming to an out and out speed track, which hasn't been the case of late. I'm banking on that being suitable and if it is, we could see his record become 1-21 on turf.

A solid pace to run at is needed for Viva Vettori and he will hopefully get that today, even though the race is littered with horses who don't want to make the running. His best efforts this year both came last month, the first of which was a ¾ length fourth in a 16 runner field at Sandown, a track with a notoriously stiff finish. David Elsworth's charge was caught for room and had he met no interference, he'd have that elusive turf win next to his name. However, the way he stayed on, despite failing to get a pace to run at, was very encouraging and he seems to be in very good heart at present.

It was a similar story next time out, as Viva Vettori found just one too good in an 8 runner field at Leicester. The pace wasn't strong and again, his best work was being done at the finish, eventually going down by just a ¼ of a length. This is a much tougher race but this horse needs everything to fall right and things just didn't on that occasion, so another most encouraging effort was what he produced. He's not lacking in speed by any means and I think Goodwood could be his sort of place, so assuming he gets a solid pace to run at, things could get interesting. He's also a Listed winner on the all-weather and last ran in that sphere off a mark of 99, so he's potentially well treated from a 15lbs lower turf mark.

His last outing, a solid 5 length eighth of 19 at Newmarket, was just 18 days ago. Whether Viva Vettori is capable of winning such a tough race on the back of a short break is debatable, as he usually does his best when fresh. The fact that he ran such a very solid race at Leicester (one of best career turf runs) within 2 weeks of that impressive Sandown run does bode quite well, so hopefully he's still in good form. This demands a lot more though and represents his fourth outing in less than 8 weeks, so it has to be a little worry. However, trainer David Elsworth has his yard in cracking form (5 winners from last 20 runners) and is most certainly a man to follow at the moment. Nicky Mackay takes the ride and he knows the horse well, as he has ridden him on his last few outings. Mackay comes down for just one runner today and he's a very good jockey when getting rides on decent animals. His course record over the past 5 years includes 5 winners from just 23 rides and that's a plus around the tricky ups and downs of Goodwood. I think the pairing have a reasonable chance of getting this talented 7 year old into the winners enclosure on turf for the first time and 16/1 is a nice price. 4 places are being paid also and hopefully he can fill one of those at the very least. Small each-way stakes as this is a very tricky contest, but he could go well at a price. Lord Ayern (12/1) would be the only other animal I'd consider backing in this one and he may be worth a small saver.

Anyone who backed Spanish Duke can feel a bit disappointed. Checked or blocked in his run on at least 5 occasions. Traveled like a dream but had a terrible racing position.

Durcan was much too intent on getting a run up the rail, which wasn't possible coming from where he was. Riding to instructions is all well and good but if it's not possible to execute, bloody do something else dumbass.

Such a pity Ahern wasn't on.

Ahhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Would you put money on Canford or do you think the price is too short?

Unfortunately I did. :(

Both Spanish Duke and Viva Vettori weren't exactly lucky in-running on Tuesday, with both meeting trouble during the race. Both remain of interest though and will be considered again. Disappointing but them's the breaks.

-5.00pts on the day.

Very short write-ups today. Caught for time and quite tired!

2:15 Goodwood - Tropical Beat - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (WillHill)

John Gosden has a cracking record in this race over the past number of years and with his stable being in such fine form, the lightly-raced Tropical Beat could prove to be a lively contender here. His attitude has looked questionable on a couple of occasions but he seems to have plenty of raw talent and should get a race run to suit here. Conditions are fine, he's in good form and still seems to be going the right way. He's also likely to be suited by this step up in trip and has previous track experience (solid second), which is a plus. There's a chance he could be outclassed by some of the higher rated animals who looked to be Group horses in the making but this fellow was unlucky in the Brittania at Royal Ascot and shaped as if a longer trip would do him no harm. It was a similar story last time out, as in a first time visor (on again), he was running on all too late over a mile. He should go well if getting some luck and overcoming a wide draw, so a small each-way bet will do no harm.

2:45 Goodwood - Kingsgate Native - 3pts @ 13/2 (WillHill)

Sir Michael Stoute has his string in much better order and the seemingly out-of-form Kingsgate Native could have a great chance of getting back into the winners enclosure now that he returns to the scene of one of his most taking performances. His most recent trio of outings haven't been the best but with all coming at stiff tracks, the return to a completely different test could help to relight the flame. Connections expected quite a lot of him this season and he was even sent off as the favourite for the Kings Stand Stakes at Royal Ascot. The softer ground probably didn't help that day and he's getting a sounder surface today, which is another plus. Last time out, in a Sandown Group 3 race, he was poorly drawn, trapped wide mid-race and took a keen grip, so it's probably best to put a line through that. A similar run as when finishing second on seasonal debut would see him land the spoils here and 13/2 is much too big for him against relatively weak opposition. It's hard to guess how he'll do today but he's talented, has his conditions and is well-drawn, so a big run can be expected. Medium win stakes for me.

Ignore what I said about Kingsgate and the draw, read it wrong. He's actually not well drawn. Hopefully won't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

4 hours between thoses two posts and you said you where tired.Hate to sound like your wife/Mother , but ..............

x PyRo wrote: »
    Unfortunately I did. :( ..........

I did too, had it all to do on the ratings and at the weights but if it was that simple we'd all be squillionaires :)

Back in action for one day at least!

Last week, Tropical Beat was subject to strong support at Goodwood. However, he failed to land a blow and performed dismally. He's an awkward horse and although he has loads of talent, it's probably best to leave him well alone. It's quite possible that a stiff track will play to his strengths though and it'll be interesting to see where he heads off to next.

Kingsgate Native was subject to strong support also, eventually going off as a 4/1 shot. Things didn't pan out for him though and yet again, he ran well below his capabilities. He's most frustrating at the moment and needs something to spark him back to life. I won't be giving up yet and like most sprinters, he'll bounce back at some stage, hopefully in the Nunthorpe, for which he's currently available at 20/1.

-5.00pts on the day.

I'll have the July stats posted up quite soon. Overall, it was a good month with a +32.53pt profit to advised prices. From 35 bets, 5 won (9/2, 13/2, 7/1, 8/1 & 12/1) and a further 7 finished in the places. Similar results this month would do nicely and hopefully can be achieved.

Short write-ups for the time being.

12:50 Ascot - Swift Gift - 2pts @ 7/1 (Betfred)

Competitive handicap to kick off proceedings on Shergar Cup day and Ed Dunlop's 6 year old, Swift Gift, should run a solid race. This former Brian Meehan inmate is making his debut for his new yard and whilst he has a very long absence to overcome, he always seems to run his best races when fresh. It's also encouraging that he's returning at Ascot, a track where he goes very well having won the '09 running of the Victoria Cup, albeit off a much lower mark.

The majority of his runs (all bar one) have come over 7f and whilst he's never run over this 1m trip on turf, he's crying out for it. With a solid pace likely, ground being suitable and a good draw in stall 1, I feel that 7/1 could be underestimating this horses chance. Hugh Bowman takes the ride and whilst he hasn't had a winner in a while, he's a good jockey and should have no problems with this straightforward animal. It's a tough race to call and small stakes is all I'll risk, but 7/1 is probably a couple of points too big and he should run his race. Whether he's good enough to win off this mark is another thing but I'm finding it easy enough to oppose plenty of the opposition.

2:00 Ascot - Addictive Dream - 2pts @ 13/2 (WillHill)

Some more than decent animals have taken this race in recent years and Addictive Dream could be another one to add to the list. Walter Swinburn's charge has run well last twice and although he didn't win or place, enough was shown to suggest that a return to the winners enclosure could be on the way. Connections see it fit to attach cheekpieces for the first time and if they have the desired effect, it could be enough to blow his handicap rating of 98 right out the window.

Ideally, 6f would be his trip but this fairly stiff 5f should do the trick, especially if he gets a very solid pace to run at. Paul Hanagan takes over from a claimer and with stronger handling, this sometimes awkward animal could be coaxed into giving that bit more today. He was favourite for one of the big handicap here at the Royal meeting, although he didn't take part in the end. The fact that he was favourite was based on an impressive win at Ripon off a 7lb lower mark and if he's in the same mood today, I think he could potentially rout the field. The ground is a big worry, hence the small stake, but there's plenty to be positive about and Walter Swinburn's charge should go well.

3:00 Ascot - Life And Soul - 2pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Amanda Perrett doesn't have her stable in great form at the moment but Life And Soul could change that by finally adding to his 2 career victories. The main problem with this 4 year old is his reliance on a solid gallop, which he often fails to get. It's a worry here as there's no overly obvious out-and-out pace, but I'll take my chances anyway. Ground conditions will suit, the return to Ascot will most certainly suit and with Hayley Turner on board, this colt could have a lively chance.

Life And Soul gained his only turf win over this C&D on similar ground, beating a very useful field in the process. They went a solid gallop that day and all of his best runs suggest that's what he'll need, so if they go off fairly hard in front, you can be sure that you'll get a good run for your money. He's now just 1lb higher than that victory and has run solid races off higher marks since, including when not getting things to his liking. He's definitely one of the better handicapped animals in the race and if all goes to plan, 8/1 could look quite big. Yet again, it's a smallish stake but if the pace was assured, I'd lump on. Hopefully he'll go well and achieve career win number 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What have you been at Py

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Please sir, Mr Pyro Sir, my Paddy Power account balance is missing you.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hes off spending his millions in winnings.:D

^ I wish. :pac:

No luck on the last day of posting, with a couple being unlucky in running (one extremely unlucky) and the other taking way too long to pick up before finishing well. All three remain of interest and will have their day before the season is out.

-6.00pts on the day.

Stats will be updated after the Ebor meeting.

2:00 York

I'm going to side with a couple in this competitive sprint handicap, the first of which is Shropshire, one of only a couple of 3 year olds lining up here. This 5-time raced grey was an impressive winner on debut last year and whilst he hasn't performed overly well since, the drop back to sprinting, over the minimum trip, could well help. It'll be the first time that the Barry Hills trained youngster will be tackling a trip this short and the overall impression I get is that it should suit, as he shows plenty of speed in his races before dropping out of contention. This was quite obvious last time out over 7f at Goodwood, a race in which he helped to set a very strong pace. He was still traveling well with a couple of furlongs to go and once asked to pick up, had nothing more to give.

The lack of recent match sharpness may also have affected him, as he hadn't run in well over 2 months, so his race-fitness is likely to have improved for this race. The ground was also a bit lively that day and slower ground conditions coupled with the option of more patient tactics on the back of what should be a more than solid gallop will help. At current odds of 12/1, he looks to be overpriced and could run a big race if getting some luck in-running. He's also dropped 5lbs since that most recent outing and looks well handicapped off a mark of 90 if showing his usual dash, so hopefully he'll be finishing strongly instead of dropping away as he has done in recent times. I'll play a small/medium each-way stake on him.

The other interesting contender is Brian Ellison's Mon Brav. I've backed this fellow on a number of occasions and although he disappointed when subject to strong support last time out, there were plenty of valid reason. As things panned out, he was drawn poorly and ended up racing in the smaller group of runners, which always made things difficult. With a sit in stall 10 likely to be a nice spot to have, I think he can bounce back to form on ground that will suit. The main worry is the trip at this speedy track, which may find him out, but with the pace being strong and the capable Sean Levey taking off 3lbs to make him look well handicapped (I think he has a few lbs in hand when getting optimum conditions), a big run could possibly occur. 25/1 looks vastly overpriced but he comes with plenty of risks in a race of this nature, and for that reason I'll only play very small each-way stakes. He's a very capable horse though and should outrun his odds if a recent 5 week break has him freshened up sufficiently.

Selections;

Shropshire - 1.50pts e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365, 4 places)
    Mon Brav - 0.50pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365, 4 places)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

i'll be having some of mon brav each way, even if it is just because of his name :pac:

Best of luck dude.

3:05 York - Sea Moon - 3pts @ 7/2 (WillHill)

I'm opposing a horse I really like here in the shape of Seville, as despite form and official ratings suggesting he should win, I think he's much too short in the betting.

Backing hype and potential isn't my thing at all, but Sea Moon could be pure class if he continues to improve as expected. Sir Michael Stoute's animal is an exceptionally well-bred 3 year old and has the physique to match, as he's a wonderful specimen altogether. His only outing this year was in a fairly modest handicap at this track and although he won going away over what should be an inadequate trip for him, the general consensus is that it's not a run to get too carried away with.

However, I think it's a much better performance than the bare figures would suggest, as this potentially brilliant colt wasn't suited to how the race was run. The pace wasn't great and he took a keen hold in rear. When the tempo was wound up from the front, the horse seemed to be caught a bit flat footed and quickly came under pressure. Ryan Moore had to keep cajoling the well-backed favourite along and although the response wasn't instant, he looked impressive when hitting full stride. It seems as if the run was needed and overall, I think the effort can be marked up, despite it being a modest handicap win off a mark of 92.

Sir Michael Stoute is bound to have Sea Moon a lot more forward for his first tilt at Group level and if he can perform to the ability that I think is there, a win can be expected before going on to tackle the St Leger next month. The step up to 1m 4f will suit for sure and with a stronger pace being likely, I don't think that we'll see the Stoute animal off the bridle as early as he was when last seen in June. If he has come into his own and improved as one would hope, 7/2 could look a very big price after the race. This selection is based more on potential than known form and the ability to find some sort of angle, but it's one that I think could and should win. I'll play medium stakes and hopefully he'll run to his best here before stepping up in trip and grade next month. There's plenty of risk involved but if I was pricing the race up for a firm myself, this fellow wouldn't be anywhere near 7/2, even though the majority seem to disagree with me.

3:05 York - Sea Moon - 3pts @ 7/2 (WillHill)

I'm opposing a horse I really like here in the shape of Seville, as despite form and official ratings suggesting he should win, I think he's much too short in the betting. ............

Should be a good race, I have Seville in both of my logs :o

11/2 SP for Sea Moon? lololol, layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

11/2 SP for Sea Moon? lololol, layers.

Was it 11/2 yeah?

NICE ONE!

Somehow it was mate. Last night I thought it should of been a 2/1 shot but didn't want to say in case I looked stupid. Had I got 11/2 last night it'd of been the mother of all maximum bets!

Serious animal altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Somehow it was mate. Last night I thought it should of been a 2/1 shot but didn't want to say in case I looked stupid. Had I got 11/2 last night it'd of been the mother of all maximum bets!

Serious animal altogether.

Good stuff. Tidy profit :)

I'll keep an eye on this one in future.

Many thanks Good Sir. Good to have you back.

• Advertisement

Well done :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement