Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

x PyRo wrote: »
    Well done my man! :pac:

He won easy as you like! No heart attacks for us the that race. Was great.

Yeah i usually do, but after his comments i thought it'd be a good thing. How wrong i was! :(

yeah went down to powers me self and backed him at 2/1 an at one stage he was 5/4..patrick mullins and bumpers in general have cost me a fortune :mad: heard word for a horse tomorrow ill pm you it

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

SRFC wrote: »
    yeah went down to powers me self and backed him at 2/1 an at one stage he was 5/4..patrick mullins and bumpers in general have cost me a fortune :mad: heard word for a horse tomorrow ill pm you it

Yeah pure disaster, bad enough that when i back Captain Cee Bee he always bleeds and when i leave him alone he wins. :o I hate that!

Cheers for the PM, Replied.

2:50 Ripon - Kyzer Chief - 3pts - NB

Won this race last year off 3lbs higher to get rid of his maiden tag. Ran well on re-appearance 9 days ago coming second to Verinco off this mark. In form Hanagan takes the ride and i expect a bold showing tomorrow. Should be a decent e/w price and should be in with a chance to take this again. The ground is ideal and he's the only course winner in the race which is also a positive. Will be surprised if he's not in the top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

i both love and hated that comment he made, loved because i had Arveka and it drifted like **** and walked it, and hated it because i lumped half them winning on Allee, i'd be suspicious if the eventual winner of that bumper had any connection to him but afaik it didnt lol

PM ye say :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

backed him at 3s and was delighted he said it aswel but something went wrong with the horse for sure..they fully expected it to hack up but not ta worry..mullins horse's have made me a nice chunk this week so carnt complain

• Advertisement

2:50 Ripon - Kyzer Chief - 3pts - NB

Won this race last year off 3lbs higher to get rid of his maiden tag. Ran well on re-appearance 9 days ago coming second to Verinco off this mark. In form Hanagan takes the ride and i expect a bold showing tomorrow. Should be a decent e/w price and should be in with a chance to take this again. The ground is ideal and he's the only course winner in the race which is also a positive. Will be surprised if he's not in the top 3.

Changed to 5pts win. Really fancy his chances tomorrow.

Nearly 10,000 views on my thread. :eek:

Better get some winners soon!

4:10 Newcastle - Buachaill Dona 5pts @ 5/1 (Bet365)

I fancy this one big time tomorrow. Ran well after a break last time when not fancied at all. Adrian chooses to ride it instead of the other two Nicholls horses. Ran twice here, both times on tomorrows ground which is Good to Soft. Came first and second in those races with 16 runners in each. Very good horse imo and should be well able to take this tomorrow. Also, The Will Hill radio dude says the horse will win. He has won me money in the past and i've no reason to doubt him so i'll follow him on that. Here's hoping.

5:15 Newcastle - Positivity - 2.5pts e/w

I think she's got a serious e/w chance tomorrow at least. Forecast price of 8/1 on BF. This horse is a 1m horse, no more no less, i can't understand why she's being put in so many 6f and 7f races when the stats clearly point that she's not good over them distances. Goes over 1m tomorrow for the first time on Turf, 1lb above her last winning mark which was over 1m at Southwell. Wide draw may suit and help her get settled as she looks a tricky ride. Her form over 1m reads 1-4-1-0-3, so being over this trip for the first time on turf should help improve her chances. Hopefully she'll place at least.

Nap flies in! Happy days. :)

+20 pts today.

New Bank - 121.79pts (+21.79pts)

7:05 Nottingham - Cygnet 5pts @ 2/1 (Bet365)

I think he'll take this with ease tomorrow. Will be having alot of my winnings from today on him. Should go on to be a better horse. His trainer Cumani is in flying form this season and only has Cygnet out tomorrow at Nottingham so i think he's going there to do a job. Fallon is booked and is another massive positive for me. Cygnet is also the only course winner in the field which should help him tomorrow. Has previously held a derby entry also and is highly rated my Cumani.

Should take all the beating and has went well coming 2nd after a break before so i wouldn't let that bother me. Handicap mark looks fair to me, only running off 85 which is only 3lbs higher when 2nd in this grade losing by a head after running very green and having a slow start.

This horse definitely has the ability to romp up here and has the potential to be far better than all of these but i'm hoping she's fresh and ready to go, well drawn, top jockey, a top trainer in top form... Top horse ? Hopefully. Will have to be a great performance (or a terrible show from himself) to beat him in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

since he's down to 2/1 allready , should i wait to just before the off since full on fav's ussaly dirft around then ?

awhir wrote: »
    since he's down to 2/1 allready , should i wait to just before the off since full on fav's ussaly dirft around then ?

I think he could be extremely well backed Awhir. Not taking the chance myself just incase i miss out. Cumani fancying this would lead me to believe alot of people will be lumping on and unless the Hannon horse gets unbelievably well backed i can't see him drifting too much.

Could be wrong!

4:30 Lingfield - Ginger Grey - 2pts

I think this one has a fair chance backing in claiming company after coming second after returning to turf. Elsworth is only brining the one to Lingfield tomorrow, so hopefully GG is out to do a job and add to his previous C&D win in February. He has been running very well and if in the same vain tomorrow i'm hoping for another big run. He's a "nearly" horse that comes second more often that he wins with 1 win 5 seconds and 4 thirds from 17 runs. He has ran here twice, both over this distance. One was a respectable 5th in a handicap and the other was a victory in a claimer also. Should have a good chance tomorrow in my opinion.

5:00 Lingfield - Ask Jenny - 2pts e/w

2 from 2 over C&D with Jamie Spencer on board. I'd rarely back him as i think he's a clown and hinders certain horses rather than helps them but he's obviously alright at getting this one going. She had Ryan Moore on board last time but may have needed the run, was also bumped at the start and was caught up in the rear and stayed on well to come 6th and is down 1lb from it also. Only 2lbs above the last win in which Spencer was on board. Spencer riding for Morris has a 50% strike rate from 10 runs so he obviously gets him the odd time when he's trying to get the horse over the line. Should hopefully be out to do the job tomorrow, She's also an ideal ride for Spencer with her having to swoop late enough to win. May be one to back in running as she hit 19.0 and 80.0 in the two runs that Jamie was on. Not many front runners in the race mightn't be the best thing though but i'll have a go.

Cygnet is being very well supported, into 11/8 now.

Ginger Grey is short @ 9/4 but i suppose it represents his chances.

And Spencer is the main reason Ask Jenny is only 4/1. But she should have a good chance.

Poor ride by Dane on Ginger Grey, Left it far too late and ran well in the run in to get 3rd.

And that's why i don't usually back Spencer. :o

It's all up to my Nap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

For all of us :D

Fingers crossed :o

If it wins, I'm using some of my winnings to get a hitman to kill Spencer. He does my head in!

Fingers, toes, ears, legs... Everything's crossed!

New Bank - 110.79pts (+10.79pts)

:(

• Advertisement

3:20 Ascot - Cityscape - 5pts

If she runs like she did in the Spring Cup under top weight then she should take all the beating. Previously napped this one for the Spring Cup i think. Ryan Moore get the ride this time and should only increase Cityscapes chances of winning this. Charltons only runner at Ascot tomorrow so hopefully he's there to do a job. Has came 2nd in a Group Two before, Ran behind Sea The Stars in a Group One and pulled up sore after that, possible reason for the poor run that time. By far the class horse of the race and should be well able to beat these if on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

3:20 Ascot - Cityscape - 5pts

If she runs like she did in the Spring Cup under top weight then she should take all the beating. Previously napped this one for the Spring Cup i think. Ryan Moore get the ride this time and should only increase Cityscapes chances of winning this. Charltons only runner at Ascot tomorrow so hopefully he's there to do a job. Has came 2nd in a Group Two before, Ran behind Sea The Stars in a Group One and pulled up sore after that, possible reason for the poor run that time. By far the class horse of the race and should be well able to beat these if on form.

ah i missed out on the bigger price again .. think its worth waiting before the off pyro ?>

awhir wrote: »
    ah i missed out on the bigger price again .. think its worth waiting before the off pyro ?>

Hope you didn't get on at all dude. I've jinxed everything. :(

Hopefully this one will change that.

8:10 Kempton - Blue Eyed Eloise - 5pts @ 3/1

Lol he wouldn't even go into the stalls. I'm a jinx.

New Bank - 105.79pts (+5.79pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Cityscape wrecked a double I had with Zebedee and Towbaat with a solid return if he won, unlucky though it was a neck I think.

To top it off Al-Ahli conceded in the 93rd minute to smash my double with Barcelona :P

Denners wrote: »
    Cityscape wrecked a double I had with Zebedee and Towbaat with a solid return if he won, unlucky though it was a neck I think.

To top it off Al-Ahli conceded in the 93rd minute to smash my double with Barcelona :P

Yeah i had a lump on Cityscape at evens from last night, couldn't believe it was bet! But that's my luck lately. :(

Unlucky with that, I hate teams letting in last minute goals to ruin a bet. Does my head in!

6:00 Brighton - Bilberry - 2pts

Has been running well on the all weather over the winter, ran a good 3rd 1l behind Copperwood last time who is a good horse. Dropped 8lbs due to the return to turf where he's not as good. 9 runs with out a win on turf but i think tomorrow's race should be ideal with lots of pace in the race especially with the likes of Kipchak. 5.2 on BF at the moment looks a decent price, forecast of 3/1. Only ran once on this ground and was 3/16, Good jockey on board who only has two mounts tomorrow, one of which is a no hoper. Hopefully he's in with a chance tomorrow. Only small stakes though, not worth lumping on with his record on the turf.

4/1 taken on Bilberry.

7:50 Tipp - Mossey Joe - 5pts @ 4/1

• Advertisement

1 donkey and one good thing helped me have a decent day today.

New Bank - 123.79pts (+23.79pts)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement