Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice call homie

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nice call homie

A little dinger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Super win man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Pyro you beautiful, beautiful man. Wasn't able to follow you all summer because of my summer job working hours but back following you today and BOOM! :D

Class picking :cool: well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Excellent pick, I dont know how you do it but well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Nicely done, delighted for ya after some of the runs you've gone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You deserve it big man!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭rodeo1985

unreal stuff! thank you PyRo!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers everyone, really appreciate it. Funny how things can change with a small bit of luck. My previous selections would of completely capitulated there.

Long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 micksingh

player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

x PyRo wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Legend! Got on at 12/1 just before the race:pac: Hopefully the streak will continue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Fantastic picking @Pyro! Well done mate!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I've decided you're no longer like the stock market, but instead like The Irish Mint!

Got him at 16's on 365...really gotta open more accounts!

Anyways, I've had a terrific weekend thanks to yourself young man. If the car tax wasn't due, you'd be getting another contribution from me. Next month! ;)

Just dont be going taking a few days off now! Strike while the iron's hot!
    Plus, the rest of us could do with the cash! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Well done Pyro,Goes to show your system and the research works.A couple of bad days at the office obliterated by a handful of cracking picks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mark and lard

Hi Pyro

New here but have been watching your postings for a little while now , please could you tell me how many points you are up since you started doing this and what your ROI is , many thanks .

Also do you bet the national hunt or are you just flat only.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

Excellent!

What a fantastic weekend.

Thank you.

Hi Pyro

New here but have been watching your postings for a little while now , please could you tell me how many points you are up since you started doing this and what your ROI is , many thanks .

Also do you bet the national hunt or are you just flat only.

Don't answer him! Obviously a plant by one of the bookies to ruin us! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sinjim

I've been on holidays for 2 weeks and stumbled across this thread, had never bet on a horse in my life, have to say really enjoyed it (think im kinda addicted now :) ) and the extra few bob came in really handy unfortunately back in work tomorrow but will definitely be checking in at the weekends.
    Just to say cheers man
    You are a legend!!!

sinjim wrote: »
    I've been on holidays for 2 weeks and stumbled across this thread, had never bet on a horse in my life, have to say really enjoyed it (think im kinda addicted now :) ) and the extra few bob came in really handy unfortunately back in work tomorrow but will definitely be checking in at the weekends.
    Just to say cheers man
    You are a legend!!!

That's pretty :cool:

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the messages everyone - now to try and get more of those! :-)

Mark, I'll get back to you on that properly. Haven't updated anything in a couple of weeks (laziness & lack of being arsed). ROI for the 2011 flat season is around the +45% mark - profit is +235 points as it stands.

+350pts since I started the thread, +600pts on this & last years flat seasons combined. Minus a lot from the 2010/11 NH season, which shows how good I am at that!

Turf flat racing > Everything else - for me anyways. I still want to crack the NH code though... and I will be trying to do so this year. Could be disasterous but the stakes will be pulled right down. The flat is my game for sure.

Nice one Sinjim, I love it when we get another convert to come to the dark side. :D Hopefully you'll continue to be a good luck charm at the weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just home and checking results and WOOHOO!!!

lol, nice one Sandy! Patience paid off for us. :-)

Just one today, really tentative though.

I usually avoid backing anything on a Sunday but Tagula Night made sure that I didn't regret leaving the racing alone yesterday. Walter Swinburn's charge raced handy throughout, using the best of a decent draw before striking on for home. He looked likely to be swamped at one stage but Sean Levey kept him going all the way to the line and in the end, it was a relatively comfortable 1 length victory for a horse who hadn't beaten anything home on his last 2 outings.

The application of a hood seemed to work wonders and sparked the 5 year old gelding back to form. The testing ground was also a big plus and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him follow up next time out, although he's unlikely to be a value play so I won't be on. Quite delighted with that result, as a 1.50pt e/w bet @ 20/1 returned a very sizable profit of +37.50pts. I said he should of been no bigger than 10/1 and he eventually went off at 11's, so that was close enough too! Value, value, value! Plus plenty of luck.

+37.50pts on the day and that sees the seasonal profit reach a high point of +231.83pts. I'm over the moon and can't complain, for once! Makes a cracking change to recent fortune and that was the fourth winner of the month.

5:20 Musselburgh - Chosen One - 1pt e/w @ 22/1 (WillHill)

The likely cut in the ground at Musselburgh leads to plenty of this 14 runner field being ruled out of the equation and the one that I'm finding easiest to side with is Ruth Carr's seemingly out-of-form runner - Chosen One. This 6 year old gelding has only beaten a couple of animals home on his last trio of outings but with things going against him, they're best forgiven. Last time out, over C&D, he was drawn out of the equation and tried race alone on the far side, which put paid to any chance he had. On his other couple of runs beforehand, he couldn't get home at stiff sprint tracks having showed too much pace too early and they're best overlooked too.

Previous to disappointing last thrice, Chosen One put in a cracking effort over the minimum trip at the sharp, but stiff, Pontefract track. The front-runners went off like a bat out of hell on that occasion and Ruth Carr's charge showed plenty of speed to keep up before taking up the running as they turned for home. He stayed ahead of the rest for 2f but ended up getting caught in the shadow of the post by a fast-finishing, next time out winner in the form of Brian Baugh's 7 year old mare - Comptonspirit. My selection for today's race was quite unlucky to get pegged back and the uphill finish was the only reason he was.

Today, Chosen One tackles a much, much easier track and that's something that I expect to suit - especially given how much speed he's showing of late. He's also a C&D winner off a 1lb lower mark (albeit in a lower grade) and he will have no problem handling the cut in the ground. James Sullivan, a three-time winner on him last year, takes the ride again and the pair have a much better draw in stall 8 compared to stall 1 that was allotted for them last time out. The one massive worry is the form of the Ruth Carr yard, as this is the stage of the season when all of their animals begin to run shocking races. They always peak around early summer before their form tails off and her recent runners suggest that all is not well again.

However, I'm willing to overlook that as the 22/1 price-tag is much too big for a horse who can turn on the style when on song. He has speed to burn, handles the track and handles the ground - all of which should see him in with some sort of chance in the closing stages. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him drop out tamely but he's worth taking a chance on. Of the rest, Monte Mayor One is likely to be sent off as the favourite on the back of her C&D win last time out but I'm not one bit keen on taking 4/1 about that animal. For one, she's up 7lbs for winning that race and two, she's got the worst draw in stall 1. That's not to say that she can't overcome it but that price can't be considered remotely fair for a horse like her. Cayman Fox is a 25/1 shot and she's the only other one I'd consider having a punt on (may prefer stiffer test though). This is a terrible race and taking on the field with an outsider mightn't be a bad idea. It's obviously a bet full of risk though, so this isn't one to put the mortgage money on! Small each-way bet for me and hopefully he'll run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Damn, I keep missing your weekend picks, any chance you'll text them to me :D

prospect wrote: »
    Damn, I keep missing your weekend picks, any chance you'll text them to me :D

Count your blessings you missed last weekends "tips"! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Killed

Meeting abandoned due to high winds.

Damnit, my horse run exceptionally fast in high winds. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He could have got off to a flyer :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's the wind up his arse? gives him that extra bit of go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement