Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

4:10 Doncaster - Dispol Keasha - 3pts

Will appreciate the fast ground tomorrow which is a big positive for me. Will hopefully lead and not be caught on it. The Fav Murura is up from class 5 to class 3 and is forecasted to be 6/4 or something mental. I don't think he'll like the fast ground or the drop in trip to 5f. Kieren Fallon is on board which i find interesting, it's only his second ride for Midgley ever. Should come on for the recent appearance at Thirsk after 10 months off. I'm hoping DK will fly out of the stalls and won't come back to them. Looks like the only one in the race that'll go straight for the lead and try to make all.
    He's ran better in this class than any of the others and i think he's overpriced in comparison to the favourite. Forecasted 6.4 on Betfair but only 4.2 at the moment. I'd be happy with 4/1 but ATR only have him @ 11/4.

1:40 Lingfield - Count Of Anjou - 1pt @ 5.9

Mainly picking this one as it's Hannon and Hughes. Ran well last time out at Newmarket coming 3rd out of 8 after hitting a flat spot then staying on inside the final furlong. Could come on for having that run and dropped in class for this one, hoping Hannon continues his great run and hopefully they'll be trying to get this fellow over the line. Not mad on the favourite who's having his first run after a break and first run on the AW and he seems to weaken in near the end of this trip as seen last time. The potential second fav (Faithful One) also seems to not find much in the last stages of the race so i'm hoping COA continues to improve and avoids the flat spot this time and can take this one. Took a little bit of the 5.9 on BF.

3:15 Lingfield - Autumn Blades - 1pt @ 12.0 & 2pts Place @ 3.3

This one loves it around here and always runs very well in these sort of races. Hasn't been out of the top 3 here when Probert has been on board with 1 win 3 seconds and 2 thirds. Ran well on penultimate start over C&D coming second. Didn't get a proper run race to suit last time and should be decent value to place again here. Finished ahead of The Scorcing Wind last time who's also in this race and only priced @ 9/2. The Fav also was in that race and finished ahead of both but doesn't go as well at Lingfield and is way underpriced @ 10/3 in my opinion and it's mainly due to Hannons great form. The fav Thebes doesn't go as well over this trip and is a better 6f horse so despite Frankie being on board i'll avoid him too and hope Autumn Blades runs his usually race here and places at least.

Another 1pt on Count Of Anjou @ 6.6 on Betfair.

As usual, 2nd. :(

Might take a break from the horses, can't buy a winner.

New Bank - 115.79pts (+15.79pts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

You can follow my new thread 500 to 50k!

You can follow my new thread, Dreams don't become reality.

3:20 Newmarket - Hibaayeb 1pt e/w @ 18/1 (GP)

Hope you availed of my winners yesterday PyRo. It may be a massive amount to see 500 to 50k however I am capable of it, especially if i start going the multiple route. Have had a number of horses running for me to win 100k approx this year only to get beat. Worst of these was Hold The Pin at Leopardstown when Prince erik beat him! Anyhow its all about winners and making money so I wish you all the best, the trick is not to go on a mad rush when down and select for value. The Guineas favourite yesterday at 1/1 was a bookies horse and hyped accordingly! Good luck.

No i avail of my own bets, but thanks anyway.

Yeah well the day i see it happen i'll say well done but i doubt it will. Best of luck with whatever you do.

• Advertisement

Cheers and best of luck to you also. Some bet on the football earlier with that guy winning 25k, did not see it happening at the beginning of the day but great for him that it did.
    Anyhow will leave you thread to you now!

Amigomenor wrote: »
    Cheers and best of luck to you also. Some bet on the football earlier with that guy winning 25k, did not see it happening at the beginning of the day but great for him that it did.
    Anyhow will leave you thread to you now!

Cheers Amigo! Yeah that's crazy stuff, fair play to him! You might hit the jackpot too but it's just so hard to do, especially in horseracing.

I had a 20,000/1 four-fold picked out for Aintree. Didn't get up in time to go into the local to put it on, and no doubt all flew in. Worst moment of my life. :(

But that happens, bound to get lucky sometime! This thread just shows what happens alot of my gambling, I get up a nice sum of money, down again to near level, up again, down again! So frustrating. Need to change the way i gamble i think or I'll eventually lose all my bank but I'm up a nice bit between here and other football bets but not up as much as I'd be if I wasn't so ill disciplined. Ah well, It's the joys of gambling. :pac:

I know that feeling, i have won some massive sums but the really big ones elude me (6 figures). The trick is not to chase your losses and if you can avoid doing that its 3/4's of the battle. I find when I have big money I change my selection pattern and that is something I am working on avoiding.
    A great bet if it starts to click is 20*1ew trebles, especially with bookies paying 1/4 odds most handicaps. You would be amazed the kind of money that can start to accumulate on these things when you start to click. Mian rule of these is to select in handicaps and only pick horses 6/1 or better.
    Good luck and I shall revert to my thread now.

Amigomenor wrote: »
    I know that feeling, i have won some massive sums but the really big ones elude me (6 figures). The trick is not to chase your losses and if you can avoid doing that its 3/4's of the battle. I find when I have big money I change my selection pattern and that is something I am working on avoiding.
    A great bet if it starts to click is 20*1ew trebles, especially with bookies paying 1/4 odds most handicaps. You would be amazed the kind of money that can start to accumulate on these things when you start to click. Mian rule of these is to select in handicaps and only pick horses 6/1 or better.
    Good luck and I shall revert to my thread now.

That is exactly what i do. Big difference in my betting when I've only €100 in comparison to when I've a few grand to play around with. I'm trying to quit doing that now and improve my gambling. As you'd see with the thread here i get up to +50pts then down to a level bank again and it's happened 4 or 5 times and if i was more careful i'd probably be sailing well above double my original bank instead of only +20% of what i started with.

I haven't tried the 20 x €1 e/w trebles yet but I've been considering it and have recently started doing patents away from this thread which have been quite profitable but i'll try your way for a few days and see how i get along.

No need to revert to your thread, I like hearing what you've got to say! Always good to get the opinions of others imo. It's the only way to improve.

Keep up the good work.

Just posted my selections, think Ramona Chase is a massive price today and could do well with a lady jockey on board after an ok run last time out. Well down in the weights!

4:10 Newcastle - Miami Gator - 2pts e/w

First time over 1m on Turf, Has been running very well on the AW over this distance. Makes most appeal in this race to me and has to have a good chance, The penalty for the likely fav and step up in trip will hopefully stop him winning and MG seems to have the best chance imo.

5/1 taken for Miami Gator.

Edit : 4th or so. :(

2:15 Chester - Miss Starlight @ 10/1 - 1.5pts e/w

3:15 Chester - Buachaill Dona @ 14/1 - 1pt e/w

4:00 Chester - Alrasm - 2pts

Trying a few without reasoning to see if it'll change my luck!

Alrasm wins, only winner for today.

• Advertisement

1:45 Chester - Leceile - 2pts @ 11/2

5:20 Goodwood - Nafura - 2pts

2:15 Chester - Redwood - 3pts @ 7/2 *Bet not placed due to Hills failing a breathalyzer test and not riding it*

2:45 Chester - Rocket Man - 2pts @ 5/2

5:05 Chester - Credit Swap - .5pts e/w

Nice few bets for me to pass the day!

New Bank - 103.79pts (+3.79pts)

This ain't going to plan!

3:15 Chester - Archers Road - 3pts @ 8/1

Yes! Archers Road wins. :)

New Bank - 127.79pts (+27.79pts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Great win,great price,

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Great win,great price,

Thanks mate, Best of luck with your new thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Sam Sharp is running again today. I took him to place anyway so hopefully something good will have come out of that race with Cygnet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Denners wrote: »
    Sam Sharp is running again today. I took him to place anyway so hopefully something good will have come out of that race with Cygnet :rolleyes:

Hopefully Cygnet get's shot. Hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement