Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Killed

Sickner, thought he was home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

That would be the Hugh Taylor jinx in action ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

If only I had checked what my beloved Hugh had put up. :(

No joy. Rockabilly was massively well-supported in the betting, eventually going off as a 3/1 shot in a very competitive contest. However, having taken a nice position in behind the leaders at the start, he smashed into the first fence and was lucky to continue. It was an uphill battle after that, as he dropped out to the back after the mistake and the rest of his jumping wasn't great at all. He stayed on to get 3rd place but never had a chance of winning. His lack of speed is always going to hinder him but if he can improve in the jumping department, he'll be winning a similar contest before too long.

Alis Aquilae was the unlucky one of the day, as he got ran down very late in his 6f race. He had to settle for 2nd place in the end but ran a cracker and things may well have went better if he got a handier sit early on. Can't complain though, he ran a very good race.

Musashi actually settled quite well for a change and ran a decent race but never had a chance of getting involved from so far back in the field. He also couldn't get a run a few furlongs out and may have finished closer but for that. He's one to keep a close eye on over the season and I'll definitely be on again.

-4.00pts on the day.

5:40 Kempton - Cut The Cackle - 3pts @ 4/1 (Bet365, Boyles)

It's usually not a great sign when the best bet one can find is in a Class 6 sprint at Kempton but that's exactly the case here. Richard Guest didn't have his yard in great form for a few months but everything's going well for him again and he looks to have a lively chance of adding to the 5 winners (from 30 runners) that he's had in the past fortnight. Cut The Cackle is the horse in question and if this 5-year-old mare can put it all in, she's potentially thrown in here off a mark of 54. Her last career win came at this track (7f) in July of 2010 when she defied a mark of 70 in an Apprentice Handicap with relative ease. That was achieved when trained by Peter Winkworth and she left his yard after that. Her form took a dramatic turn for the worse over the next year but she showed up exceptionally well last time out (3 weeks ago) when racing off a 2lb lower mark over this C&D. That was just her fifth outing for Richard Guest and the way she was steadily staying on from the rear of the field adds plenty of cause for optimism here. I also don't think she was given a great ride on that occasion and to see the very talented Martin Harley take over in the saddle has to be seen as another plus, especially given how well he does when riding for this yard (8 wins from 37 rides; 22% strike-rate). They will go a good clip up front, which will suit, and this contest shouldn't take a whole lot of winning if Guest's charge is on form. 4/1 is a great price in my opinion and I'll play medium win stakes in the hope that she builds on that recent outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Good sign. Down to 3-1 now.

Non-runner now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Only went in because of your tip Damn! Hopefully Man City can win 3-1 as i put that on while i was there. Fingers Crossed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

x PyRo wrote: »
    Non-runner now.

was cut the cackle a non runner? does that mean i can get my money back????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

was cut the cackle a non runner? does that mean i can get my money back????

Yes

Cut The Cackle was a non-runner yesterday, which was probably a good thing based on how the gambled-on winner landed the spoils. I don't think Richard Guest's filly would of beaten that one (plus the race wouldn't of favoured her), so it was a bullet dodged in the end.

Very short write-ups again.

1:40 Southwell - The Name Is Don - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365, Boyles, VC)

The Name Is Don doesn't come from a stable that does too well when it comes to getting winners but the step up in trip to 7 furlongs should help this juvenile and given his sires 18% strike-rate on the fibresand, he should appreciate the surface too. Off a mark of 59 in such a poor race, he could go well under the guidance of the excellent Adam Kirby and I'll have a small each-way bet on him doing the business. He'll either run a cracker or drop out and finish towards the rear of the field, hopefully it's the former.

2:10 Southwell - Powerful Presence - 3pts @ 10/3 (Boyles, VC, Ladbrokes)

David O'Meara's Powerful Presence was a progressive sort when last seen on this surface (course form; 2-1-1-2) and continued that progression on turf when winning off a mark of 71 and coming 2nd off marks of 76 & 77. His last outing, just over a week ago, was a fine 2nd placed effort to a horse who has plenty of ability when conditions fall right for him and a repeat of that effort would see this one go very close to winning off his 2lb lower all-weather mark. It's a decent enough race for the grade but if O'Meara's charge puts it all in, he'll run a big race. 10/3 is hardly a wonderful price but he's worth taking a chance on with a medium win bet.

Just out of interest, I thought you weren't going near the AW?
    Personally, I think you should as you have one less variable to contend with.
    Good luck with your selections anyway.

• Advertisement

I wasn't going to bother (as it's awful racing 99% of the time) but I think I've found a way in that will give me a nice little edge, hopefully enough to turn a tidy profit over the winter. I'll be trying it out for a while and if it doesn't go well I'll just cut my losses and stop.

No luck today anyway. The Name Is Don couldn't get a position early (despite a sound draw) and hated the kickback by the looks of it. He also had to come awful wide into the straight too but ran on well (into 6th; nearest at the finish). He'll be interesting if he's running at Southwell again over the winter. Step up in trip suited and if they can make more use of him early on (as I expected they would today), there's a lowly race for him before too long.

Powerful Presence just ran into an exceptionally game winner. Bloody annoying. Finished 2nd by a tiny margin after being very, very strong in the market. Oh well.

x PyRo wrote: »
    I wasn't going to bother (as it's awful racing 99% of the time) .............

I think it's well worth you having a good look at, I really like the AW to be honest, went over to Kempton for a run of the mill day meeting a few years back. Southwell I wouldn't really be into but Kempton, Lingfield and W'ton I like. Goes without saying Dundalk is muck :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like Dundalk. Nice maidens down there,short prices but generally not bad to find a few bets.

Southwell isn't bad for me. Dandy Nicholls is always good for one

Yesterday, The Name Is Don lost his chance within the first hundred yards or so. He just couldn't get a nice position from what was a grand draw in stall 5 and ended up racing towards the rear, which isn't ideal over that C&D (plus he didn't like the kickback at all!). He also came into the straight widest of all in order to get a run but stuck to the task quite well and once connections decide to make more use of him at this track (as I was hoping they would in this contest), there'll be a race to be won over 7f. He's definitely one to keep an eye on and into the tracker he goes.

Powerful Presence was very strong in the market, eventually going off as the 13/8 favourite but ultimately found one too good for the fifth time in his career. There's no excuses though, he ran a cracking race and just found an exceptionally game horse that little bit too good on the day. A small rise in the weights awaits and that'll be enough to put me off in future. He's one to keep an eye on if running a few modest races before coming back down the handicap, as I'm sure O'Meara wouldn't mind getting his money back!

-5.00pts on the day. Annoying. Can't catch a break at the moment.

Still keeping the write-ups short for a while.

4:30 Wolverhampton - Dream Catcher - 1pt e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365, Hills)

A fairly open looking Apprentice Handicap here but Dream Catcher could be a lively one at a fancy price if he puts it all in. Having performed poorly on recent starts (had some excuses), he's now dropped back to an attractive looking handicap mark of 69, a full 6lbs lower than when winning a much better race for 3-year-old's earlier in the season. He has since switched yards to join up with David Pinder (left Dandy Nicholls having been claimed for £19,000) and although he only managed a single performance worthy of winning this race in 7 outings for the yard, that came the last time he ran over this C&D and it was off a 6lb higher mark too. A replication of that run would probably suffice and I'm pinning my hopes on the return to Wolverhampton doing the trick for a horse who is clearly much better than his current rating when on song. James Rodgers is on board and taking off a further 3lbs, so that's a plus as he's very useful and was the man on board for his only C&D run for this yard. 25/1 is a nice price and a small each-way bet will do no harm.

5:00 Wolverhampton - Grand Stitch - 2pts @ 8/1 (Betfred, StanJames)

There's plenty of potential pace on here in this 5f contest but if Grand Stitch is allowed to blast off from his good draw, he should prove to be very hard to catch. Declan Carroll's 5-year-old gelding hasn't managed to win this year at all but he shaped quite well when running on the wrong side at Nottingham in a big-field sprint last time out and it was this time last year when he started to come to hand, so hopefully that's the case again today. He notched up successive victories in October 2010 off mark of 58 & 65, both quite easily. Today, he races off a mark of 58 and as previously shown, it's one he can most certainly work with. In a race of this nature, he looks sure to run his race if he's actually trying and with the yard going well (2 winners in past 2 days) and some money about for him this morning, I'm hopeful that he'll be going for it. Some other useful types line up and it's a risky bet overall but he's very capable and worthy of a small/medium win stake at 8/1. Hopefully he'll go well, and preferably win!

Possibly more to come.

Final bet.

6:10 Wolverhampton - Chookie Avon - 2pts @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes, VC)

I rarely ever back a horse who won last time out but Chookie Avon looks more than capable of following up and seems to be overpriced, which isn't always the case with one who got their head in-front last time out. Keith Dalgleish's 4-year-old gelding came with a late thrust to get up in the closing stages of a Class 5 contest over C&D just under a week ago and although he has a 6lb penalty to contend with, he takes a drop back in grade which is sure to help his chances of notching up the double. His current rating of 68 is as high as he has ever been but he is unexposed on the all-weather having only lined out on 6 occasions, all of which came at this track and just 3 were over his optimum trip of 7 furlongs. The main risk is whether or not he will get his desired strong pace to run after (as he did last time out) but he's well-positioned in stall 2 and should be favoured regardless of how it all pans out. The excellent and in-form Joe Fanning being on board is yet another plus and the yard are in similarly good form over the past while. There's no obvious reason why this fellow won't run a good race and 5/1 looks to be a price worthy of taking a chance on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Going near the Breeders cup tonight Pyro?? :)

Not going to bother Mark. Had a nice look over the past few hours but can't find a way in to be honest. If I can't spot overpriced horses I just leave the races alone and I don't know enough about the vast majority of them to get any value. I'll just be cheering on Strong Suit tomorrow, although the draw looks to have put paid to his chances.

Looks like Grand Stitch won't be trying if the market is to be believed. Long live Wolverhampton.

Well he was trying at least! Just emptied completely in the final furlong and faded into third. Looked like he had it and all, traded at 1.03 in-running. :( 100% sure he'd of won if Hanagan didn't hassle him with his mount so much early on.

Gutting. This game would break your heart! No harm though, at least I'm getting them to run well - 4 places from 7 runners on the all-weather so far. That's half the battle and something I couldn't do this time last year.

/positive thinking

Frustrating day. Dream Catcher was fairly strong in the market and eventually went off at 11/1 (backed at 25's). However, he ran a very poor race and dropped out of contention quite tamely. I'm still sure that there's a race to be won with him if he's kept to the all-weather over the winter but after a hectic campaign, he's surely due a break.

Grand Stitch was weak in the market before the off and drifted out to a starting price of 11/1. I had worried that I was on a non-trier at that stage but he was surely trying and it's just a pity that he got pestered for the lead early on, as it forced him to go too quick for his own good.

He still managed to build up a nice lead as they turned for home and was a couple of lengths clear inside the final furlong (went as low as 1.03 in-running) but then he hit a brick wall, understandable given his early exertions, and ended up being passed by a couple of hold-up horses close home. Solid run though and I can't complain at all.

Chookie Avon posted another solid effort, eventually coming home in 3rd place. He just hit his stride that bit too late in the home straight and couldn't get his head in front at any stage. In the end, he was only beaten a nose and a neck, so it was a very good effort under his 6lb penalty. He's another one to keep an eye on but he's stood a lot of racing in recent months and a break is due any time soon one would imagine.

-6.00pts on the day. It's not nice to have losing days but it's good to find horses to run well for you and hopefully a bit of luck will turn the places into wins. From 8 selections on the all-weather so far this winter, 5 have placed. Unfortunately, none have won but fingers crossed that it'll all change around soon.

Final bets for the turf flat season. A winner would be nice.

If I have any bets for the National Hunt, I'll post them in the morning. Stats et all will be updated in the evening.

2:00 Doncaster - Entitled - 2pts @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

No fewer than 22 runners are set to line up for this 7f contest and the lightly-raced Entitled looks the most interesting now that she'll be encountering softer ground for the first time in her 9-race career. Sir Michael Stoute's 4-year-old filly is bred to be the type to excel on this ground (full sister won Group 1 races on soft and good-to-soft over a mile) and if she gets away with the 7f trip, which is probably a furlong further than her optimum, a big run can be expected despite having a career-high mark of 89 to contend with.

Entitled is up a further 3lbs for finishing a solid 2nd on very fast ground at Newbury last time out in a lesser contest but given how unexposed she is, there's no reason to expect this rating is the ceiling of her ability (she's also the type to improve with racing and age). On that occasion, she travelled quite sweetly towards the rear of the field before showing a nice turn of foot to hit the front just inside the final furlong but she was eventually run down by the ultra-consistent and progressive Valencha (10/1 here). I'm very hopeful that Soute's filly can overturn that form on 1lb better terms and the softer ground should prove to be more favourable to her too, as Hughie Morrison's filly seems to give her best on better going, a view held by her trainer.

This is the first time Entitled will visit Doncaster but her best form is on flat, galloping tracks and there should be absolutely no worries in that regard. How she'll see out the 7f trip on softer ground is the main worry but then again, it could be a massive plus either. The 10/1 price-tag is worth taking a chance on, despite Stoute usually having under-priced horses in this type of contest. I don't think that's the case here at all and I'll play small/medium win stakes in the hope that she can get her head in-front again.

There's also a fair chance that Entitled will come on for the recent run, as it was her first in three months. David Probert takes the ride for the first time and he's a jockey I really rate. He has managed 2 wins from 3 rides for the yard (all this season) and hopefully he can add to that here. Another worry is the fact that doesn't ride the track very well at all (1-42) and his 25 rides in the past fortnight have all ended up as losers, although not too many were fancied. Regardless of it all, the horse is a talented filly who should be suited by conditions underfoot and looks in with a chance of running a big race. Richard Fahey's mud-loving Prime Exhibit (9/1) and Ed Walker's Axiom (12/1) are the only others I'd back and they may be worth having small bets on too. I'll stick with Stoute's charge to do the business in a race that should be run to suit.

3:10 Doncaster - Pekan Star - 2pts @ 10/1 (Betfred, Hills, Ladbrokes)

Another bet with plenty of risk involved, even more so than usual. Pekan Star has 22 rivals to overcome here and returns on the back of a 3 month lay-off having disappointed on his last couple of starts. However, with plenty of excuses to be found for the disappointments of Roger Varian's 4-year-old, he's a very lively contender in this ultra-competitive handicap off a mark of 93 - 2lbs lower than when sent off as the 3/1 favourite for the John Smith's Cup over 1m 2f at York.

In that race, Pekan Star ended up getting beat by over 11 lengths to come home in 15th place but that doesn't tell the whole story, as he had moved nicely into a share of the lead a couple of furlongs from home before stopping very quickly. You'd think something went amiss with him that day but he wasn't thought of as being an easy going type at all and his headstrong nature may have taken control on that occasion. It certainly wasn't the performance of a horse previously thought to be a potential pattern performer after he scooted away with a 20-runner handicap off a mark of 85 on his only previous start that season (2 months earlier).

Pekan Star then lined out in a Listed contest for which he was sent off as the 5/2 favourite but the race wasn't run to favour him at all and I'll happily put a line through that. He hasn't been seen since that race in August but in the meantime he's been gelded and that may just do the trick for this well-bred performer. The step up to 1m 4f for the first time is also something that should suit based on what he's shown to date and the Doncaster track will be right up his street, as a long home straight is always going to bring out the best in him.

Pekan Star is said to be a horse who appreciates better ground but he may just get away with today's conditions if he proves to be as useful as was once thought and 10/1 looks like a nice price to me. The yard are also 5 from 7 at the track, so it's a happy hunting ground for them and Andrea Atzeni, who rides him for the first time, also does well here. There's plenty of the unknown element about backing this fellow in a race of this nature but he's talented and gelding him could help him reach his earlier promise. He's also very unexposed having only lined out on 5 occasions previous to this and there could be plenty more to come yet once the key to the door is found. Small/medium win stake for me again and fingers crossed that he'll run his race. Of the rest, Crackentorp is a very lively outsider and overpriced at 28/1, so he's worth having a small bet on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Bollocks I'm after backin Axiom and Willing Foe :(

Best of luck D. Axiom is a good bet at the price. Not sure about Willing Foe but Ian Mongan was saying the horse could be a Group horse in a handicap, so that's interesting. I just my doubts as to whether the horse wants soft ground. I suspect he doesn't. Best of luck anyway. :-)

First two, possibly more to come.

National Hunt Selections:

1:30 Kelso - Safari Adventures - 1pt @ 8/1 (Boylesports)

Safari Adventures comes here on the back of a disappointing effort in a Listed Handicap last time out but he was most certainly biting off more than he could chew at that level and the return to a lower grade, combined with visiting a tight track, should help to see him in a better light. Off a mark of 128, there's not a whole pile for Lucinda Russell's 9-year-old to work with but he's capable of going close of this mark and has previously finished 2nd off marks of 125, 126 & 128. He's an "all or nothing" sort of horse and he'll either run a cracker here or finish a long way behind, I'm hopeful that it'll be the former.

Safari Adventures ran a shocker in this race last year but that was on the back of a horrible fall at Aintree and he didn't look like his usual self at all, so I wouldn't go marking down his suitability to the track just because of that. Kelso is the sort of place that he'll love and although he's likely to be pestered for the lead, he should make a bold bid from the front if all is well. The yard aren't in the best of form of late but this fellow should be warming to the task nicely on the back of 2 runs already this season and he's fancied to go well here. 8/1 is a decent price about him and I'll play a small win stake on him doing the business. Hopefully he will.

2:05 Kelso - King Fontaine - 2pts @ 11/2 (Bet365, VC)

I've been following the progress of King Fontaine for a while now and if it wasn't for his modest ability to jump fences, he'd have a much higher rating in that code. Malcolm Jefferson now decides to start his 8-year-old's 2011/12 season in a staying hurdle race (over 3m 3f) and he looks potentially well-treated off a mark that is 10lbs lower than his rating over fences. How forward he'll be on the back of a summer break is anyone's guess but he won first time out in '09 and '10, so there doesn't seem to be an issue with getting him readied to run well.

It's a bit of a worry as to how King Fontaine will do now that he's back hurdling for the first time in nearly 2 years but he was a progressive type over the smaller obstacles before embarking on his chasing career and a mark of 127 may not be the ceiling of his ability. He actually won his last 2 starts in this code (both in novices' events over much shorter trips) and remains unexposed having lined out just 5 times as a hurdler. Given that he's a real stayer over fences, the 3m 3f trip will be right up his street and although the tight track probably isn't exactly what he's after, it shouldn't inconvenience too much. The yard are in good form with 6 winners from 31 runners since September and they do very well at the track, especially when Graham Lee rides (8-35). Overall, 11/2 looks like a nice price about this fellow in a race of this nature and he's worth taking a small/medium chance on.

2:25 Sandown - Songe - 2pts @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

Quite an interesting contest here in which 9 are set to go to post. Songe looks to be the one to side with at the prices and if Charlie Longsdon's 7-year-old can put in a clear round, he's sure to have some sort of say in proceedings. Whether he will is another thing, as he's not the most reliable jumper at all and this was evident when he took quite a heavy fall on his seasonal reappearance at Huntingdon last time out. He was still going quite well at the time (2 out) under Noel Fehily and although the eventual winner was cruising along too, he would of given him a race if it wasn't for his customary sloppy jump.

Songe now return to Sandown for the first time since he landed this race last year off today's mark and although there's a couple of runners in here that will make it a tougher task this time around, he will have a race run to suit (it wasn't last year) and has no problems with conditions. The way in which he can travel always gives him a chance of improving past this mark and with his yard having a cracking season so far, I'm sure they'll eventually find the key to him with regards to his jumping. Felix De Giles takes the reins for the first time and he has a great record for the yard (22% strike-rate, 40% ROI), so hopefully that'll be improved on here. He's also riding a lot of winners lately and confidence will surely be high. If he can get a good tune out of Songe then they've a good chance of landing this £7,500 pot and I'll play small/medium win stakes on that happening. It's a selection full of risk but one that could pay off with some luck.

3:20 Wincanton - Meanus Dandy - 2pts @ 10/1 (Bet365, VC)

Meanus Dandy landed this race impressively last year (first two well clear) when running in first-time blinkers off a 6lb lower mark (just 4lbs higher today if jockeys claim factored in) and although he didn't cut much ice on his following 3 outings, he's back down to a very workable mark if readied first time up. The brilliant Paul Nicholls trains this talented 8-year-old and he says the horse always goes well fresh and that he's in good order, so he's worth taking a chance on yet again (he owes me a lot of money!) in a race his owners' firm sponsors.

A flat, galloping track with a trip around the 3 miles mark is said to be Meanus Dandy's optimum and if you take that literally when reading his form, he's quite an unexposed horse, even though he has only raced 10 times under rules anyway. There could still be a bit of improvement in him yet and given how well he won this race last year, I think there's every chance that he'll run a big race assuming they go quick enough up front, as he certainly doesn't want it to be a crawl. His jumping is solid in the main and he should be able to travel nicely on ground that suits, as he was all at sea on very quick ground at Sandown when last seen in April.

David Prichard is the jockey on board Meanus Dandy today and he takes off 7lbs to leave the horse looking very nicely weighted off 10st 5lbs, but that's all I can say about him. His record suggests that, at this early stage in his career, he's a much better jockey over hurdles (6-40 vs 1-18) but I'll take a chance on him anyway and hopefully he can get a big race win under his belt on just his 70th ride. I also think it's (possibly) interesting that the jockey had a ride for Nicholls over fences at this course a couple of weeks ago (finished 4th) and that may have been to give him some experience of the track (which he had only ridden once) before this race - who knows! 10/1 looks to be a cracking price about this horse despite Nicholls seemingly having a more fancied runner and yet again, I'll play small/medium win stakes. Hopefully he'll go well and he really should if all is sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Unlucky, Meanus Daddy
    not to be,

Can't be arsed going through yesterday's results. It was torture, made worse by Meanus Dandy, but that's how she goes.

-11.00pts on the day.

Just one today.

2:35 Ffos Las - Temple Lord - 3pts @ 7/2 (Bet365, General)

Bar a few sketchy jumps, Temple Lord shaped well on his chasing debut over C&D last time out. Given that it was the first time Jonjo O'Neill's charge lined out to race in nearly 2 years, it's quite understandable that he would have needed the outing (he also pulled hard and wasn't given a hard time at all, despite being strong in the market). He's only a 5-year-old, so there's plenty left in the tank and if he's as good over fences as he was over hurdles as a youngster in France (three-time Listed winner), he could be very nicely handicapped off a mark of 127. That recent outing should take him on a lot and the ease in the ground today should also suit, so he looks to have plenty in his favour here. Bar the second favourite (who may be worth a saver at 5's), I don't think the opposition are overly well-handicapped and it may pay to side with the O'Neill/McCoy partnership. 7/2 isn't usually a price I'd be too keen on but this fellow is overpriced if he's actually trying to win the race, which is a big risk I suppose. Regardless, I'll play medium win stakes in the hope that this grey gelding gets back to winning ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Going with you on this one, looks a good chance.

Christ, can't catch a break at the moment. Another 2nd to add to the list.

21 bets since I started betting again on the NH/AW and no fewer than 10 have placed, with none managing to win.

Nearly identical to how the flat season went for a couple of months... hopefully that's a good omen!

Oh well, will try to get one to go better tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

That sucks, when your lucks not in its not in,
    SO UNLUCKY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Very unlucky, hit 1.2 possibly lower on betdaq. Keep knockin on them doors

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, just wasn't to be. Feeling good about getting them to run well though, so hopefully the bit of luck required to find winners will come my way soon. :-)

Overall Bank - 419.57pts (+319.57pts)

Final 2011 Flat Statistics Update -

Profit - +235.78pts

Bets - 281
    Wins - 31
    Placed - 58
    Win SR - 11%
    Staked - 722.00pts
    Returned - 957.78pts
    ROI/Yield - +33%

*Placed bets don't include the winners.

September Stats -

Profit - +14.45pts

Bets - 56
    Wins - 6
    Placed - 14
    Win SR - 10.7%
    Staked - 131.00pts
    Returned - 145.45pts
    ROI/Yield - +11%

October Stats -

Profit - +20.00pts

Bets - 29
    Wins - 3
    Placed - 3
    Win SR - 10.3%
    Staked - 75.00pts
    Returned - 95.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +26.66%

List of winners -

28 October – Artistic Jewel – 2pts @ 11/2

25 October – Clockmaker – 2pts @ 14/1

10 October – Loki’s Revenge – 2pts e/w @ 16/1

23 September – Alsindi – 2pts @ 8/1

15 September – Take It To The Max – 3pts @ 9/2

11 September – Tagula Night – 1.5pts e/w @ 20/1

10 September – Trumpet Major – 1pt @ 10/1

7 September – Eureka – 2pts @ 9/2

5 September – Aegean Destiny – 0.50pts e/w @ 14/1

19 August – Margot Did – 1.5pts e/w @ 33/1

17 August – Sea Moon – 3pts @ 11/2

23 July – Swiss Dream – 1pt e/w @ 12/1

16 July – Dux Scholar – 4pts @ 9/2

14 July – Jarrow – 3pts @ 7/1

9 July – Green Destiny – 3pts @ 8/1

2 July – Night Carnation – 2pts @ 13/2

29 June – Orpsie Boy – 1pt e/w @ 18/1

24 June – Ancient Cross – 3pts @ 11/1

16 June – Brown Panther – 5pts @ 13/2

15 June – Julienas – 1.5pts e/w @ 25/1

15 June – Strong Suit – 2pts e/w @ 14/1

14 June – Canford Cliffs – 5pts @ 6/4

09 June – Taurus Twins – 2pts e/w @ 8/1

01 June – Addictive Dream – 1.5pts e/w @ 7/1

01 June – Submission – 3pts @ 3/1

31 May – Azameera – 2pts @ 7/1

26 May – Rock The Stars – 3pts @ 6/1

21 May – Brown Panther – 3pts @ 4/1

16 April – Rimth – 2pts @ 13/2

04 April – Taurus Twins – 1pt e/w @ 16/1

31 March - Nimue - 3pts @ 9/2

I was going to do a big, pointless write-up about numerous things but instead I'll just say that I couldn't be one bit happier about how it all went! Extremely delighted.

Spreadsheet attached.... remember to wear goggles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement