Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fantastic tipping.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Mighty Monday FT-Fecking-W! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Again, a massive thanks lad !

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Unreal again........your a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Get in. Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Good man Pyro

Cheers everyone. Delighted with that and I owed it to people after Saturday's lol-bad attempt.

Definitely going to stick with the "bad jumpers are value" angle (catching them on the day that they'll jump is the problem!). He didn't jump well again but the step up in trip helped a lot and he travelled kindly bar the odd little hurry up. Lavelle was saying she couldn't get him fit either, so we got him on the right day. Happy with that though, it's not often I find winners in 3 mile hurdles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I forgot to back your selection gutted so I am, Congrats Pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

nice 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 LANOOCHUDLE

AS THE YANKS SAY,YOU THE MAN PYRO,WELL DONE TY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Fantastic tip PyRo. More than tripled my bank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

Great shout PyRo....Monday on the beer...Cheers Lad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Fantastic PyRo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

well done once more sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

What a man, just checked the results now, me and my bank balance thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Top man Pyro, backed him, but in the process of leaving the bookies, going back to college and getting home I lost it. Praying no one found it so I can still claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Brilliant BIG FAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good shout again today sir

• Advertisement

Top class tipping :cool: Not just this one either :)

Top man Pyro, backed him, but in the process of leaving the bookies, going back to college and getting home I lost it. Praying no one found it so I can still claim it.

That's a bummer, fingers crossed you get paid out. Over at Cheltenham Dad lost a docket before a race, horse won, in fairness to the bookies they paid him out the following day, £20 @ 7/4.

Cheers for all the comments lads. Ye're all good skins!

A return to winning ways was provided by Fontano, who relished the step up in trip as hoped and won like a horse who is capable of a lot more. Emma Lavelle's charge travelled well in the main but was again let down by some sloppy jumping, which makes his eventual 4 length victory even more impressive. His best jump actually came at the last hurdle where his only challenger (at that stage) blundered and he asserted nicely on the run for home, despite edging right under pressure.

I think he could do even better if connections decided to give him a better look at the hurdles throughout and it'll be interesting to see where he goes next. There's more in his locker for sure and if he's a decent price in a race where he has his conditions, I'll be on again. 7/1 was a cracking price last night (went off 4/1 co-fav) and he landed a 2pt bet for me. Happy out and it's a damn rare occasion when I get a horse to win in a 3 mile handicap hurdle!

+14.00pts on the day. She'll do!

Just the two for today and one ante-post bet for Saturday.

(Hennessy Gold Cup - Saturday)

3:10 Newbury - The Giant Bolster - 2pts @ 20/1 (Coral, PaddyPower, Ladbrokes)

Reasoning to follow on the day, if he's there! If he is, the price is just far too big.

12:10 Southwell - Bravo King - 2pts @ 20/1 (Boyles, Ladbrokes)

Bravo King has no previous form around this track and although I usually prefer to back horses who will have no issues with conditions, I feel he's worth taking a chance on. There's plenty of hope in his breeding that the fibresand surface will not hold him back and if that proves to be the case, he's a lively contender at a big price despite having to carry top-weight in such a competitive handicap. Richard Guest's lightly-raced 3-year-old gelding comes here on the back of a very disappointing run a few weeks ago but that is excusable given the fact that he raced alone on heavy ground in a decent contest at Ffos Las.

Bravo King also travelled a fair way to visit that track and it may well have been too much for him to handle. If he can bounce back to form here then I feel he has all of the attributes to turn into the type of animal who will relish racing at Southwell and at a price-tag of 20/1, he's about twice the price that he should be. The yard aren't getting too many winners in recent weeks but enough are going well to suggest that it's not a problem and the exceptionally talented Martin Harley hops on board for the first time. If he can bounce out and get a nice prominent position from a less-than-ideal draw, then they'll be in with some sort of chance in the closing stages (if he handles the surface of course). Normally I'd play each-way stakes on this sort of price but I'll be greedy and put it all on the win. Hopefully he'll go well.

1:10 Southwell - Ezra Church - 3pts @ 6/1 (Bet365, Boyles, VC)

David Barron always has overpriced horses running at this track and Ezra Church could prove to be another one if he's readied to go on his first start since the beginning of May. That shouldn't be much of an issue if his previous record when running fresh is anything to go by, as this unexposed 4-year-old dotted up in a C&D maiden on the back of a fairly long lay-off in February of this year. Barron is also more than capable of getting them ready when he chooses and if it's all systems go today, this potential improver should run well in a contest that shouldn't take a brilliant horse to win.

Ezra Church's only run on fibresand was when winning that C&D maiden and although it's a fairly big change to go from a modest maiden to running in a decent C4 H'cap off a mark of 74, I'm more than confident that he's got plenty of improvement in the locker on this surface. His maiden win was also quite visually impressive and given that they should go quite hard from the front here, everything will be run to suit.

Lee Newman - who was on board for this animals last 4 runs - has an excellent 35% strike-rate when riding for Barron at this track (6 wins, 6 places, 17 rides) and with the yard being in grand form of late, they look capable of adding another win to the slate here. It's a relatively competitive contest I suppose but 6/1 underestimates the actual chance that Ezra Church has and I'll play a medium sized win bet on him. If he's campaigned here throughout the winter, I reckon that he'll be rated around 10lbs higher before too long. Whether he's readied to go first time up is the risk and the market should guide, although I suspect my good mate Hugh will be posting this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gonna have to have a small little bit on the double :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks again Pyro. Already on Boltster. Hopefully he can jump this time.

Have ye any secret legal hangover cures in the Midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ezra Church into 7/2 with PP. Took 5's earlier.
    The weight of the boards money is bringing it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Ezra church was very disappointing pushed along from nearly start to finish, ah well that's racing for ya, keep em coming Pyro

Never went a single yard at all. Very odd and there was a last minute jockey change.

At least he'll be a nicer price next time I suppose but having been so well backed you'd of thought it was all systems go today for Barron. It's not very often that his gambled-on horses run like that. Something was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Not to worry youl get them next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Getting on giant bolster now Pyro,There will be no words if he comes in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I saw someone on another forum refer to The Giant Bolster as The Giant Bastard. I know how it feels to be following a horse like this, I'm doing the same with Noble Alan. Good luck on Saturday, the giant bastard will need it!

**On a weird note, I've recorded New Driving Wars on Dave and I'm watching it as I'm typing this...when I was typing TGB's name I heard "giant" and when I was writing NA's name I heard "noble".....for what it's worth :rolleyes::)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement