Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nicely done xP. One little e/w away from a nice e/w accumulator. :)
    Just as well my lucky 31 did well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,436 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nice one again. Had em all e/w.
    And my 1.24 returned 7.20 as well lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

x PyRo wrote: »
    4:20 Kempton - Ereka - 2pts @ 5/1 (Bet365, Ladbrokes, VC)

(above tip from 17th nov)
    I see that horse 'ereka' is running in the 9:20 at wolverhampton...odds are 5.00, gonna try a little on it cos ill be kicking myself if i dont and it wins

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers for all the comments lads, good to have another profitable day anyway.

Foxy, there's no obvious pace in the race and that has to be a worry. Could do a lot worse than have a small bit on Lethal at 9's.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Cheers @PyRo... will try somtin small for the crack ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

You Legend, Fair Play

Stumbled across this thread during the week and said id take a look at your selections today. Outlay of €30 has returned €126.

Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LANOOCHUDLE

the bookie basher strikes again,well done pyro got 4/1 on the nap i had a bob or two on it ty.

On Saturday, Hey Big Spender justified a borderline maximum bet (4pts @ 9/2) by coming home in 1st place at Newcastle. I don't think he was given a particularly good ride by Joe Tizzard and ended up making numerous jumping errors as a result, which meant the eventual winning margin was a lot less than it should have been. Regardless, he won having been very strong in the market (backed into 5/2) and made sure it was another good day at the office! I think he has the ability to do better back up in grade but I'm not convinced by his jockey at all and that'll be enough for me to swerve him until he's back running against vastly inferior opposition again.

Crescent Island was the one that got away, as he finished 2nd having been caught near the line. It looked like he'd hold on when jumping the last in the lead but he was probably happy enough to have some company and eventually gave way to the winner. Very disappointing, as he was backed from 16's into 10's and it looked like it was the day to catch him. Can't complain though, he ran a cracker.

The King pair, Iron Chancellor and Raya Star, ran good races to both finish 3rd at 12/1. They'll be of interest again over the coming months - especially the former, as I'm sure that he has a lot more to offer the chasing game and there's improvement to come when getting a softer surface. Saturday's run was highly encouraging, even though he didn't jump half as well as he did at Exeter on his seasonal/chasing debut.

The Giant Bolster ran a cracker in the Hennessy Gold Cup to come home in 7th place and proved that he has a big pot in him when getting ideal conditions. His jumping wasn't great at times (was nice to see him get around mind!) but he was quite good in the main and traveled like a dream before running out of steam in the closing stages. I thought he'd love the test that he'd get in the race and although he did until about three fences from home, it was probably a case that he didn't stay the trip on the back of such a generous gallop. A return to a sharper test run at a solid gallop (plus more prominent tactics) would be right up his street and I'll be on board again at some stage. This was a fine effort though, so there are no complaints.

+10.00pts on the day. That's also just the second time that I've had winner on three consecutive days this year (last time was Royal Ascot) and it was the 9th winner of the month. Things are going well and I now love National Hunt racing!!

Two for today but keeping it brief enough. Half-asleep!

2:15 Lingfield - Alshazah - 3pts @ 4/1 (Boyles, Ladbrokes)

I rarely bother backing horses that won last time out but Alshazah was very impressive when scooting away with a reasonably competitive handicap at Wolverhampton and Rod Millman's progressive 3-year-old could follow up here if all is well. Now 5lb higher and running off a career-high mark of 80, this consistent animal will have to put in another improved performance to win but that looks like a strong possibility for one who's still unexposed in the main. He's also very unexposed over these middle distances and was never stronger than at the finish last time out, albeit on the back of a steady gallop. The horse who finished 2nd is a useful, strong-traveling type and to beat her like he did was impressive. She has disappointed since but in a race run at a ferocious gallop and I wouldn't see it as being a performance to devalue the bare form.

Today, they're likely to go a modest enough tempo up front but that'll suit Alshazah, as he seems to have a nice turn of foot when they don't go off too quick. The track shouldn't be an issue either and his regular partner, James Millman, is on board for his only ride of the day. This is also the yards only runner of the day and they make a 350 mile round trip in order to run him, although their record on the all-weather track here isn't great. Regardless, 4/1 is a very fair price about this animal and I don't think the opposition are too much use and plenty will be unsuited to how it pans out if they do go relatively slow at the head of affairs. Medium win stakes for me and any market support would be very encouraging.

2:50 Lingfield - Piscean - 3pts @ 11/1 (VC)

This is a cracking race for a Tuesday on the all-weather and Piscean looks capable of bouncing back to his best now that he's returned to his favoured surface at a track that suits him perfectly. This often fast-finishing 6-year-old has only run on 3 occasions during the flat season due to having had a few problems throughout the year according to his trainer but he shaped well enough on his final start at Doncaster when completely unfancied in a big-field 5f sprint just over five weeks ago.

With the pace likely to be very strong today, there's no reason why he can't run a big race off an attractive handicap mark of 94 - 1lb higher than when scoring impressively over 6f at Wolverhampton just over a year ago. Piscean has also won on 2 of his 3 starts at this track and was finishing as fast as anything when coming home a 2-length 5th of 11 on his only attempt at 6f around here. That was off a 3lb higher mark in which they didn't go too quick early on and that just doesn't suit him usually, as he needs an end-to-end gallop in order to be seen at his best over both 5f and 6f.

Piscean is also fresher than most at this time of year and that's bound to stand him in good stead. His trainer reports that "he's in very good form and I am hopeful because I know how fit he is at the moment". Now I know there's little point in taking much out of that but at least it's positive and Tom Keddy sees fit to book Jimmy Fortune, something which has only happened a couple of times before. Fortune is one of my favourite jockeys and he's on board this fellow for the first time. With a bit of luck in-running, they'll be finishing very fast to be in with a chance at the end and overall, 11/1 is a very big price (was 16's earlier). Despite missing a bigger price, I think he should be much shorter than this and I'll have another medium sized win bet due to the price. He's a risky selection but should get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Haven't been able to follow your bets for a few weeks, looks like I missed some great ones :(

But I am back, and any immediate drop in your form from here is most likely a direct result of me putting bad luck on the whole operation ! :D

Apologies in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The money is still coming for Piscean 8/1 on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I now love National Hunt racing!!
    :eek: never thought I'd hear you say that, cheers for todays tips and best of luck.

The joys of Lingfield. Might give up trying to get my head around races run there, it's impossible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

The joys of Lingfield. Might give up trying to get my head around races run there, it's impossible.

how did lingfield go yesterday pyro?

how did lingfield go yesterday pyro?

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/results/home.sd?r_date=2011-11-29

I also had Alshazah in my log, well fanciable but didn't cut the mustard, whenever I back a horse that's relatively short priced it's always at the back of my mind that I'm not doing anything different to the vast majority of other punters.......... :rolleyes:

No luck on Tuesday with both Alshazah and Piscean running well below expectations. The former just didn't have the speed to cope with how the race panned out, whilst the latter just never got involved from the rear in a contest that favoured those on the pace - despite the winner being out the back too. I probably won't be interested in Millman's charge again but the other is going to pop up sometime soon and I hope to be on board. Poor efforts but that's how she goes.

-6.00pts on the day. November stats will be updated soon.

Just one today.

2:45 Wincanton - Dineur - 2pts @ 11/2 (Ladbrokes, VC, WillHill)

Quite a competitive contest here but Alan King's Dineur looks to be an interesting proposition on his handicap debut off a mark of 114 and should run a big race if he can cope with the fact that he's likely to be taken on for the lead. Whether he can or not is beyond me but this lightly-raced 5-year-old is sure to have a lot more to give the hurdling game having lined out on just 4 occasions and he shaped as if his previous keen-going ways were a thing of the past when running an encouraging race on his seasonal return. That came over just shy of 2m 1f at the speedy Huntingdon track and King's charge travelled nicely before giving way just before 2 out having made a blunder at the previous flight.

It was a novices' contest and Dineur was giving away at least 7lbs to the rest of the field due to having to carry a penalty for winning on his final start of 2011 and in the circumstances, it was a very good run. His jumping wasn't quite up to scratch and he shaped as if needing the outing, so with race-fitness being better here and the likelihood of his hurdling improving too, I feel he's worth taking a chance on at 11/2. He is the current favourite, so it's hardly an inspired selection but he's overpriced and small/medium win stakes will do no harm. The ground, track and trip all suit. Hopefully he'll go well, although he isn't without risks at all and it's not the easiest race to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,436 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Alshazah was found to be lame in the morning so dont give up yet. Being put away for the winter now though but they have good hopes for next year.

I couldn't love National Hunt racing any more than I do! Get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Pyro you legend get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

AAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE PYRO! Lovely stuff! Your an absolute legend, once again many thanks for your own time on putting up write ups and tips no matter the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pyro you fookin' beauty!

Had a nice punt on Dineur there after getting my waged today and getting my Kumbeshwar winnings from yesterday. I owe you about 40 pints at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Fair play once again bud, amazin stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I couldn't love National Hunt racing any more than I do! Get in.

I was having a seriously unlucky day till I put €50 on Dineur, thats my weekend paid for good man yourself pyro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fifty dollars more

Excellent picking well done

What about this one later you tipped him at big odds last time price gone now but someone likes it

Early one, back with reasoning in the morning.

3:00 Southwell - Douze Points - 1pt e/w @ 40/1 (WillHill)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Fair play man, you've really cracked NH.

I think you're probably doing better at NH at the moment than you were during the flat season?

Not that flat season was bad or anything, this is just outstanding. My birthday tomorrow. Cheers for the present!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Get in ! Thanks again lad !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Top work young man. You're starting to make it look easy now!;)

As for everyone else, instead of sending Pyro virtual pints and the like, you can <no you can't> :p and make a Paypal donation to the man himself.

I know he makes enough money from the bookies ;), but if everyone gave 1% of what he's been winning us over the months, it'd soon add up.

He'll probably edit this post, what with him being a mod, but hopefully it'll be read by a few before it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Donation sent and website added to favourites list.

Thanks again !

Nice one lads and thank you. I've removed that link though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nice one lads and thank you. I've removed that link though! :)

Boooo!!!;)

If anyone wants the link, you can drop me a PM! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Running out of superlatives to describe you - legend, amazing, awesome, etc. they've all been used countless times. You are truly brilliant at this and thank you yet again.

If you don't want personal donations, what about nominating a charity? I'd certainly contribute. Injured jockeys fund maybe or ISPCA? So we could give back to the people/animals who are seemingly doing your bidding!! Not affiliated with either or any charity, certainly not the jockeys one. (I'm a right fat lad, elephant jockey maybe!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement