Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

NAP - 6:30 Bath - Emma's Gift - 3pts

Looks a weak race and should be between her and the Hannon horse.

NB - 4:20 York - Tres Coronas - 1pt e/w

The Barron's only runner, This is a tentative NB though and I'll only have a small e/w on it. The rise in weight and extra distance will make it a tough task but it being his only runner interests me.

NB was no good. Ran well but the extra distance told.

7/2 taken on Emma's Gift.

x PyRo wrote: »
    NAP - 6:30 Bath - Emma's Gift - 3pts

Looks a weak race and should be between her and the Hannon horse.

Boooooya! :D

New Bank - 161.79pts (+61.79pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Fantastic Pyro! Got on at 5.5 on betfair :D

• Advertisement

Fantastic Pyro! Got on at 5.5 on betfair :D

You've certainly caught my Naps at the right time. :D Happy days dude!

NAP - 3:45 York - Fratellino - 2pts e/w

Ran well last time losing to Duchess Dora who just held Fratellino off by a short head. She had 7lbs on Fratellino that time and only has 5lbs now, Although not a huge amount it should help. Fratellino also has C&D experience winning here at this meeting last year. McCabe's horses have been running well lately. Murtagh riding for Quinn looks significant but their record together is poor, 0/7 with a few of them rides on decent horses.

I think Fratellino should have a good chance to place at least and if running to ability could well fly out in front and not be caught from an ideal draw in stall one.

NB - 1:40 York - Jaconet - 1pt e/w @ 8/1

No guessing who trains this one! It's a David Barron horse for my NB tomorrow.

Won a couple of listed races over 1f longer at Lingfield recently, and won with some ease. The drop in trip to 5f would be a slight concern but with his front running style it could suit, Plus he has won at the course before over 5f 89y.

6 of the horses 10 wins have come with Makin on board and he's got a 60% strike rate when riding this horse. (6/10) The middle draw would be a slight concern as it tends to be the worst here at York over 5f from what I've seen but I'll have a small punt anyways.

Just noticed Aidan also has picked my nap. That's a good sign if ever i saw one! :cool:

7:25 Newmarket - Cygnet - 2pts @ 5/1

Despite the disaster she was last time I'm willing to forgive her and have one more shot. She should have a good chance here if learning from last time. Guillambert on board tomorrow and hopefully he'll be able to get her around to win. Should come on from that last run after having problems and being turned out only 16 days later should hopefully be a good sign. Hopefully she doesn't blow up again.

8/1 taken on Fratellino.

Jaconet came second to land decent place money for me. :) Could of been so much better!

• Advertisement

Nap didn't run well, Didn't even get to the front. :(

New Bank - 156.79pts (+56.79pts)

In-Play - 2pts

NAP - 1:50 Newbury - Golden Shine - 3pts

I think this one is well overpriced. I'd have it as a 5/2 or 3/1 shot and not the 5.5 currently available. Channon has won this a good few times in previous years with good horses and i fancy this one to put up a good effort tomorrow after winning well last time out when 1/8 favorite. Has beaten Phoebs already on debut and finished ahead of Emma's Gift who won a couple of days ago. Golden Shine ran well that day and hit 1.85 IR, Then won next time out. Further progression should see her in with a serious chance here.

NB - 4:35 Newbury - Arctic Cosmos - 2pts

Ran well on reappearance winning well over 1m 1f, Up in trip by 2f this time and i think it could suit. Should improve for having the recent run and i think there's more to come from this one in handicaps.

3:35 Newmarket - Belle Des Airs - 1pt e/w

Good third last time out on re-appearance, Should come on for that and despite this looking a trappy enough race BDA should well able to at least run into a place. Tentative enough selection though. Only a small e/w bet.

5:20 Newmarket - Ocean Blaze - 1pt e/w

Failed favorite last time out when trying to make all and running out of steam inside the last furlong. Is a C&D winner and will love the fast ground too. Capable jockey on board who has done well with this fella before and this looks like a race he could do well in. Hoping for place money at the minimum but expecting a good run all the same. Small e/w bet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

3:35 Newmarket - Belle Des Airs - 1pt e/w

Good third last time out on re-appearance, Should come on for that and despite this looking a trappy enough race BDA should well able to at least run into a place. Tentative enough selection though. Only a small e/w bet.

N/R

My Nap took a bad step out of the stalls and didn't run well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

unlucky mate hannons horses are flyin at the moment that jarvis horse serena's pride is one for the notebook ran very well on its first run

unlucky mate hannons horses are flyin at the moment that jarvis horse serena's pride is one for the notebook ran very well on its first run

Cheers dude, Hannon has had the first two now. He's on fire, but any time i back him he loses. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

haha im like that with barry hills horses anything i back that he puts out gets beaten by a bloody nose or something

NB - 4:35 Newbury - Arctic Cosmos - 2pts

Ran well on reappearance winning well over 1m 1f, Up in trip by 2f this time and i think it could suit. Should improve for having the recent run and i think there's more to come from this one in handicaps.

3rd. One to keep an eye on.

5:15 Navan - Encompassing - 4ts

Should be a cut above these and despite being a potentially short price (Forecasted 6/4) I think he should be winning this one. Good performance last time in a group 3 and should improve. Not a sure thing by any means but I feel it's worthy of a mini lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Are you keeping tabs on P/L?

Sure am.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65872199&postcount=613

That was my most recent update.

New Bank - 149.79pts (+49.79pts)

Slow going but in profit all the same thank God.

3:10 Ripon - Elusive Sue - 2pts @ 7/2 (Bet365)

Ran well last time over 7f which i don't think suits, Came 2nd despite running the last furlong slowly. Switch back to 6f should help and the Fahey/Hanagan combination has also been going very well up until recently, They're due a winner soon and i this ES could be the one. 7/2 at the moment is decent value. Good draw in stall one and the race could pan out perfectly for her. Tentative enough selection but she has a good chance if running to ability but seems to come second alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Should be a cut above these and despite being a potentially short price (Forecasted 6/4) I think he should be winning this one. Good performance last time in a group 3 and should improve. Not a sure thing by any means but I feel it's worthy of a mini lump.

Saw him in Limerick a few weeks back, beat a very good horse in Rocky Elsom by 3l - 5l and was well clear of the remaining pack. I presume Murtagh is on board again hopefully but a solid horse all the same, has a good kick if he travels well

Heres hoping anyway :rolleyes:

Denners wrote: »
    Saw him in Limerick a few weeks back, beat a very good horse in Rocky Elsom by 3l - 5l and was well clear of the remaining pack. I presume Murtagh is on board again hopefully but a solid horse all the same, has a good kick if he travels well

Heres hoping anyway :rolleyes:

Cheers dude, Rocky Elsom is a classy horse alright, Good at Rugby too. :pac: Should have a good chance tomorrow, Murtagh is on board too.

Here's hoping indeed, But this horse racing crack can throw up any result. :(

6/4 taken this morning.

11/8 best price with Stan James at the moment.

• Advertisement

3:10 Ripon - Elusive Sue - 2pts @ 7/2 (Bet365)

No good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement