Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Easy as you like. :D

New Bank - 160 pts (+60pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Haven't been on here in a good while.
    Going well buck, ya seem to win when I stay away so I might just do that haha!

Yeah, Go away. :pac:

Cheers Doocey, Nice to be in profit, Just need to increase it now. I've changed my ways an picked less and less horses every day. I started off picking like 7 or 8 a day and now I'm down to 1 and 2. Pretty impressed that I've managed to stay disciplined for once. :D

NB - 2:05 Bath - Bajan Bullet - 2pts

Thought this one would of won by now, She ran well last time out in a truly run race and I've a feeling the quick ground tomorrow will suit very much. Seems to have a decent turn of foot and despite being the most exposed of the runners she's due a win soon.

NAP - 4:45 Bath - Brave Bugsy - 3pts

May have needed the run last time out when behind two of the opponents he's against here. Has a poor enough record when fresh so I feel he'll come on for that run and has a good chance here, Has a 33% strike rate around here, Winning twice from six attempts and the fast ground should be a help also. Tends to go better when the ground is quicker. The stable is flying and had 4 winners from 6 runners today and this is their only one for tomorrow. Has won here from a 3lb lower mark last year but if running to ability it will hopefully win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

What is your points worth man??? E10????

Just asking because your pretty successfull!!:pac:

Ah we'll just say a tenner for the sake of it, I work off a 1-5 scale of how much I fancy them but I put on various amounts on them depending on how much I can afford, Like Canford Cliffs was a 5pt selection but I had a nice few hundred on and not €50 as it would be if I strictly stuck to the stake. Tomorrow I'll probably put €70 on the Nap and €25 on the NB. May put on more though depending on the prices I get. The points are only used as it's easy. No point in letting people know exactly how much I win or lose. :pac: Well up in this thread though.

Thanks by the way. :D

x PyRo wrote: »
    Ah we'll just say a tenner for the sake of it, I work off a 1-5 scale of how much I fancy them but I put on various amounts on them depending on how much I can afford, Like Canford Cliffs was a 5pt selection but I had a nice few hundred on and not €50 as it would be if I strictly stuck to the stake. Tomorrow I'll probably put €70 on the Nap and €25 on the NB. May put on more though depending on the prices I get. The points are only used as it's easy. No point in letting people know exactly how much I win or lose. :pac: Well up in this thread though.

Thanks by the way. :D

Ahh I see,Clearly well in profit and have a good idea of how well the horse's you pick will run!

Cheers Forza, Doesn't always go to plan with the oul' horses though! Time, effort and alot of thought and then the winners will flow. I've spent alot more time over the last month researching and I've been up about 50pts since then. Long may it continue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Pypo, want to say fair-play. A couple of hundred posts later (probably a record in this forum) and still going. Despite a few downs, you are still up on the whole, and its a great advertisement to people to stick their system for at least a year plus. I believe the poker term variance, would fit in well here.

Anyway best of luck going forward!

• Advertisement

Cheers Healio, I appreciate it. Lots of ups and lots of downs but that's gambling! I enjoy keeping a log of my bets as it takes alot more thought and effort when it comes to posting them up on a forum for all to see, Before I started the thread (And at the start of the thread) I was very wild with my bets, Not enough thought and to be honest I didn't know how to judge a race and many other aspects.

I've seen enough crazy gambling on this forum which made me see my own faults too which if anyone is going to make a few quid (If we're lucky!) from gambling then discipline (Of which I had none) and other factors have to come into it. I've become alot more disciplined, I lay out my bets the night before and place them in the morning and hope for the best. No other bets unless it's a few euro, But nothing much.

Plus Letsbet (Best gambling site out there lads, Sign up ;) ) helped me alot, I had no clue when I joined you and the lads there about a year ago. :p Although I'm still only a novice, It has been good trying to get better at this lark! I've had relative success at it too, I'd hate to go back and total up my points staked as I'd say my points return is only a tiny percentage of what I've staked which isn't good but it's better than a loss.

Oh, And about the post thing, It is a record in this section alright. Mainly me talking to myself most of the time. :D Thanks to everyone who has looked at the thread also and talked to me, It gets lonely in here sometimes! :pac:

First one was only 5th.

2/1 taken on the Nap.

Nap wins easily. :D Delighted.

New Bank - 164.75 pts (+64.75pts)

NAP - 3:45 Carlisle - Refuse To Wait - 4.75pts @ 4/1

My only bet for tomorrow, I don't think Princess Emma should be favorite for this. It's only because of the Fahey/Hanagan combination. Easterby's yard is in good form of late, 3 of the last 4 have won and Allen is giving some great rides and hopefully can do the job tomorrow. This one was staying on well over 1m a week ago and the step up in trip should be ideal. Ground will suit and it looks quite a weak race, The cheekpieces seemed to do the trick last time and she's blinkered now which will hopefully help get her over the line. Went right in the closing stage last time cost her but if she can avoid any mishaps tomorrow then she's surely got a good chance. Forecast of 4/1 looks enticing.

NAP - 3:45 Carlisle - Refuse To Wait - 4.75pts @ 4/1

My only bet for tomorrow, I don't think Princess Emma should be favorite for this. It's only because of the Fahey/Hanagan combination. Easterby's yard is in good form of late, 3 of the last 4 have won and Allen is giving some great rides and hopefully can do the job tomorrow. This one was staying on well over 1m a week ago and the step up in trip should be ideal. Ground will suit and it looks quite a weak race, The cheekpieces seemed to do the trick last time and she's blinkered now which will hopefully help get her over the line. Went right in the closing stage last time cost her but if she can avoid any mishaps tomorrow then she's surely got a good chance. Forecast of 4/1 looks enticing.

Will put a score on this mate!!Cheers!!

Fingers crossed dude, Don't go mental if it loses though. :pac:

I think she has a solid chance tomorrow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Looks like Canford Cliffs will be running in the St.James's Palace Stakes against Dick Turpin and Mafki. Should be a cracker

He'll beat them. ;)

Was going to Nap Sophie's Beau in the 3:00 and she won @ 9/2. :(

Decided against it for some reason last night, Could live to regret that! I've a nice bit on this one up next and getting less confident as time goes by. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Gonna throw a fiver on the nap. Hope she obliges for us all :)

That's the plan, Hopefully it goes well. Dazakhee being well back at the moment though. That one was the main danger for me.

All the money came for her but no good at all. Didn't hear her mentioned for the last 20 seconds of the commentary.

Never picked up. Impressive run from the winner.

Never picked up. Impressive run from the winner.

Yeah it was a great ride, That horse doesn't usually run like that, Won handy.

Sorry about the Nap. It was very poor, Think I'll leave her alone from now on.

Edit : One more little one that I was looking at last night.

4:30 Leicester - Rocky's Pride - 2pts @ 7/2

Ran well LTO, Not made on the fav so I'll take it on with this one.

No worries Pyro.

Was due a loser after a nice spell! Pitty I didn't stick with my instincts last night and backed Sophie's Beau. Really fancied it but thought it was a dodgy one as she has some temper problems so I went with the "safe option", Or so I thought!

4:30 Leicester - Rocky's Pride - 2pts @ 7/2

Ran well LTO, Not made on the fav so I'll take it on with this one.

Lol, That was so easy. Makes up for the Nap for me.

New Bank - 167 pts (+67pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

pyro, can u shed some light on "joyously" running @ windsor 6:10... looks like a good form but 12/1 odds... am i missing something?

• Advertisement

whitts wrote: »
    pyro, can u shed some light on "joyously" running @ windsor 6:10... looks like a good form but 12/1 odds... am i missing something?

If you look at the class of races the the market leaders have ran in you'll understand the price. The likes of Scarlet Rocks was second to a good horse, Cape To Rio last time in a class 2 race, Joyously was only running in a class 4 race last time. It won a class 6 the race before and before that it was also behind Scarlet Rocks on debut, Well behind too.

Scarlet Rocks has form behind two classy types, Cape To Rio & Zebedee. So I'd side with that one, Although Fifth Ave looks to have alot of class too.

Yours could well win and I'm not putting you off but that's the reason for the price IMO.

Going to have a 2pts bet on Scarlet Rocks @ 7/2 (Boyles,Ladbrokes,Coral all go this price. Shorter elsewhere)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement