Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

A I C ...
    i have yet to learn!...lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

whitts wrote: »
    A I C ...
    i have yet to learn!...lol

Don't we all man, Your's could still fly in so don't let what I said put you off. The horse doesn't know what class of a race it's running in but I don't think it'll win.

yea i know what ye mean, where do u go to find out all this info on what classes etc.
    cheers for help man...

yea i know what ye mean, where do u go to find out all this info on what classes etc.
    cheers for help man...

www.Timeform.com/free

Find the race you're looking for, Click the horses name then check its previous races. You'll see the name of the race, Your horse is in the " 6:10 Windsor E.b.f. Time 106.6 FM Radio Novice Stakes(5) 5f 10yds"

See the "(5)". That's the class or grade. (1) is the best (6) is the worst as far as I know. I've seen a (7) before though but it was a maiden unless I was dreaming.

x PyRo wrote: »
    If you look at the class of races the the market leaders have ran in you'll understand the price. The likes of Scarlet Rocks was second to a good horse, Cape To Rio last time in a class 2 race, Joyously was only running in a class 4 race last time. It won a class 6 the race before and before that it was also behind Scarlet Rocks on debut, Well behind too.

Scarlet Rocks has form behind two classy types, Cape To Rio & Zebedee. So I'd side with that one, Although Fifth Ave looks to have alot of class too.

Yours could well win and I'm not putting you off but that's the reason for the price IMO.

Going to have a 2pts bet on Scarlet Rocks @ 7/2 (Boyles,Ladbrokes,Coral all go this price. Shorter elsewhere)

Ding Ding :D Deeeelighted! Thanks for pointing the race out to me. :D

New Bank - 174 pts (+74pts)

• Advertisement

Ding Ding :D Deeeelighted! Thanks for pointing the race out to me. :D

New Bank - 174 pts (+74pts)

i stuk to me guns and did "joyously" 5 e/w... no harm!:D

have me eyes set on 1 i the 7:10 ;)

Well done he ran well, I thought mine ran brilliantly though. Thrilled with the run.

fairplay, how much u have on it?...

€40, Would of had more but didn't like the fact that the horse was second 5 times from 6 races. :pac:

what do u make of anne of kiev, think im gonna throw a bet on her!

• Advertisement

what do u make of anne of kiev, think im gonna throw a bet on her!

A lad on another forum I'm on Napped here and he knows his stuff. She should win with a clear run but I didn't study the race much.

I've a small bet on Spinning Bailiwick at huge odds on Betfair with some money on the place @ 10.5 too.

Edit : .5pts @ 100.0 and .5ps on the place @ 10.5

Well done. ;)

3:10 Ripon - Jupiter Fidius - 2pts e/w

Tentative one, Ground will suit and a decent 3lb claimer on board. Ran poorly last time out coming last but looked amiss that day. Should do better here and was 3rd at this course a month ago with the same jock on board. The step up in trip could suit too and there are 2 other horses that I would of considered but for them carrying a penalty which I think may stop them. 8 runners so 3 places paid but if it drops below that then I'll just have a 3pt win bet.

8 runners so 3 places paid but if it drops below that then I'll just have a 3pt win bet.

what do ye mean paid lad?...:D

what do ye mean paid lad?...:D

You mustn't follow much horse racing!

It's each way 1-2-3 being paid for a place when there's 8 or more horses. If it drops to 7 there'll only be 1st and 2nd being paid out for the e/w bets.

You mustn't follow much horse racing!

It's each way 1-2-3 being paid for a place when there's 8 or more horses. If it drops to 7 there'll only be 1st and 2nd being paid out for the e/w bets.

eh....why!?...

yup new to this scene, quite enjoying it tbh...

just not totally clued in yet...:confused:

eh....why!?...

yup new to this scene, quite enjoying it tbh...

just not totally clued in yet...:confused:

Ah right, It's just the way it is. 8 horses then there's 3 places, 16 horses then there's 4 places paid in handicaps.

It'll take a good while to be clued in! It's not easy to get the grasp of everything to consider when backing a horse. It took me a long time.

Whatever you do don't go backing "tipsters" like every person who can't pick a horse from a sheep does. It'll only end with you losing all your money as you'd need a huge amount of money to back them every day as they have seriously long losing streaks and it's hard to afford waiting for them to hit a good patch. Just get used to picking your own, Like the one you had today, Although I don't know what made you pick it but it won nicely.

and is that always the way with 8horses/3places 16horses/4places.

and is that always the way with 8horses/3places 16horses/4places.

8-15 horses is 3 places 16+ is 4 places. In handicaps.

ok, 1 more question lad... :P
    if u place a bet on say 11/4
    then the odds get lower before race and the horse wins at 9/4

what odds do u get?

• Advertisement

You get the 11/4. If it drifts (Gets bigger) to 5/1 or so you'll get that price instead, Assuming you're getting best odds but most places have that now apart from Betfair.

3:10 Ripon - Jupiter Fidius - 2pts e/w

Tentative one, Ground will suit and a decent 3lb claimer on board. Ran poorly last time out coming last but looked amiss that day. Should do better here and was 3rd at this course a month ago with the same jock on board. The step up in trip could suit too and there are 2 other horses that I would of considered but for them carrying a penalty which I think may stop them. 8 runners so 3 places paid but if it drops below that then I'll just have a 3pt win bet.

12/1 taken. (Bet365, VC, SJ, Ladbrokes) Powers go 10/1. :rolleyes:

The jockey kept it at the back for some reason. This horse should be up with the pace setters for God's sake. Looked like he was going to run on to challenge at one stage but then ran out of steam in the last furlong or so. One to get another day.

New Bank - 169 pts (+69pts)

u goin 4 any tonight, ive spent ages lookin at 6:50 huntingdon and fancy gunship...

He's up 20lbs on his mark for his two wins and now up in class too, But should have a good chance even against better animals. Will be carrying 10lbs less than the other horse I like which is Sarahs Gift but her penalty may stop her. I'll have a bet on Gunship too.

6:50 Huntingdon - Gunship - 4pts @ 7/2 (Boyles, Stan James)

Something happened Gunship and he pulled up pretty quickly. Ah well.

New Bank - 165 pts (+65pts)

4:25 Ayr - Doctor Parkes - 5pts @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Ran very well LTO over an unsuitable 6f trip coming second to a horse who used to be rated 106 and a former classy type. The drop to 5f is ideal and the yard has hit form recently and they're only bringing two horses to Ayr tomorrow. Good jockey on board and could has a serious chance of winning if he doesn't hang like the last day.

5:00 Sedgefield - Pugnacity - 2pts @ 4/1 (Victor, Stan James)

The ground will suit as he seems to thrive on quick ground. Was impressive over hurdles last time and now back for another shot over fences where he was 4th out of 11 on his only previous start chasing. Is 2lbs lower than last weeks hurdle win has a top 3lb claimer on board, Has won 3 times at the course and once at this distance. Seems to thrive around here and could be in with a good shout if taking to the bigger obstacles. Ticks all the right boxes for me

Nap was no good. :(

• Advertisement

Pugnacity just nabbed and came second. :(

New Bank - 158 pts (+58pts)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement