Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Nap - 3:20 Ayr - Breathless Kiss - 5pts

Bad draw bet her last time out. Should have a better chance here and Hanagan on board is a big plus. Looks a speedy sort and this ground should help her chances, Not gone on the favorite who won a weak enough maiden last time and looks high enough on the handicap. Looks like the value of the race to me and will hopefully put up a bold showing and win.

2nd at 13/2. :(

New Bank - 153 pts (+53pts)

4:50 Ayr - Saxford - 3pts @ 11/2

Just to level up the account! This is a formerly good horse as a two year old, Lost its way but this doesn't seem and impossible task and the favorite si no value.

Ran out of steam, Will hopefully improve and show a bit of his two year old form again sometime soon.

New Bank - 150 pts (+50pts)

2:55 Newmarktet - Goodwood Starlight - 2pts

No win in the last two years but has shaped better in last two starts for a new yard. Ran well last time out but hung left 2f out and was one paced after that. Back to 1m 2f now which is the distance he last won at, 10lbs lower than last winning mark. The main worry is the poor jockey but he got a good tune out of him the last two races he was in. If he is coming back to his 2 and 3 year old form then he should have a good chance, Hopefully the ground won't be too fast tomorrow as his record on GF isn't very impressive at all.

3:30 Newmarket - All Action - 2pts

Should of won both maiden starts going very low IR, Looks like he could be a very classy type and is very well bred. The Cecil and Queally combination have been firing in the winners lately and hopefully will have another here. The main danger is Mata Keranjang but he's up to a new trip that may not suit and he hasn't won despite having plenty of chances as a two year old. All Action looks the best out of the horses who have already won but the newcomers could be anything. I'll still side with All Action and the ground will suit and he's got a good chance to go on to win this in my opinion.

• Advertisement

9:15 Newcastle - Tres Coronas - 10pts @ 3/1

The Barron with a well gambled on horse is making me go way above my usual stakes. This one should have a serious chance.

x PyRo wrote: »
    9:15 Newcastle - Tres Coronas - 10pts @ 3/1

The Barron with a well gambled on horse is making me go way above my usual stakes. This one should have a serious chance.

:D Lovely!

New Bank - 180 pts (+80pts)

4:50 Brighton - Yourgolftravel Com - 5pts

NB'd this last time when he came 3rd over a trip that didn't suit. Has won here over C&D, Looks off a winnable mark as he seems like the improving type. Wigham is only bringing this one here today, Probably feels this is the best place for him to win and the race looks very winnable with the two Dunnett ones carrying penalties that I feel will stop them. Bollywood Style would be the main danger but has never raced around here and course form seems very important at Brighton. Which is why I'm siding with the Wigham horse.

Also Wigham doesn't often visit Brighton and has an exceptional record with 4+ year olds. Winning 9 from 33 races and showing over £38 profit to level £1 stakes.

I've found another I'm going to back.

3:40 Brighton - Four Kicks - 2.5pts e/w

The favorite Aestival will probably be all the rage after a much improved run LTO after a break, Supposedly Prescott has had problems with this one. He is way underpriced in my opinion and probably should be a 4/1 shot at least and is likely to go off near even money so I can't be having that. Four Kicks has improved alot since moving to Stan Moore and looks like the value of the race to me. Will love the quick ground and has won over C&D a couple of weeks ago. Ran out of steam at Bath last time out but ran well and hit 1.17. Kieren Fox on board and he's a top class 5lb claimer in my opinion and it's his only ride tomorrow so hopefully they're trying to get another win out of her. She is off the same mark as when winning over C&D and that factor and having won here before makes me thing she's a more solid bet than the fav. Would be extremely surprised to see her not in the top 3 and I'm hoping for 5/1 to cover myself with and e/w bet. If I can't get 4's at the very least I'll change it to a 3pts win bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

:D Lovely!

New Bank - 180 pts (+80pts)

Happy to see things are going well for you.;)

• Advertisement

Happy to see things are going well for you.;)

Thanks dude. :)

Todays prices added below.

2:55 Newmarktet - Goodwood Starlight - 2pts @ 6/1

3:30 Newmarket - All Action - 2pts @ 9/4

4:50 Brighton - Yourgolftravel Com - 5pts @ 3/1

3:40 Brighton - Four Kicks - 3pts @ 7/2

Edit : Goodwood drifted to 12's :eek: Ran poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

what makes u so certain on "yourgolftravel com" ay 4.50...

do u not think "scruffy skip" will do better?

I gave my reason above, Scruffy has a double penalty too. Although anything can happen I think Yourgolftravel is the most likely winner for me.

Things not going well today! I was wrong to oppose Aestival but Four Kicks ran creditably.

All Action will never carry my money again, Carries his head terribly and won't be much use in the future unless it's sorted out (Watch it win next time).

Goodwood Starlight drifted from 6/1 to 12/1 and ran poorly, Just not my day! Hopefully one of David Barron's are well backed later. He has two runners but both are maidens.

I'll put them here for reference later and may back one of them depending on the market.

7:10 Haydock Park - Newzflash @ 16/1
    9:00 Pontefract - Kielder @ 5/2

Actually I'll back Kiedler now, 2pts @ 5/2 and may go back for more later.

Another second. :o Not my day.

New Bank - 168 pts (+68pts)

Another 3pts on The Barron horse @ 5/2 in the 9:00.

Reasoning for The Barron horse now.

9:00 Pontefract - Kielder - 5pts @ 5/2

The Barron will hopefully get me out of a hole here, This is the only horse he's sending to Pontefract, He shows a profit here with 3 year olds also. Makin takes the ride and he does well for David Barron. The speedy ground will help this one who performed well on debut at Ripon, Finished ahead of Whitechapel who has won off a mark of 70 next time out. The winner of that race is a decent sort too and this one looks easier. Was a bit green on debut and started to get into it near the end so if he can come on for that and settle early the he surely has a good chance, I'm not mad on the favorite either who has had 4 runs and seems to find it tough to win despite running well on two of the three starts last year, Came back this year and was a failed favorite at Lingfield so hopefully it replicates that run! I need a winner!

Today didn't go well at all, Another flop. :o Fingers crossed for a better on tomorrow.

New Bank - 163 pts (+63pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

have never backed any of your selections but have a eye on the tread all the same,
    ive noticed that you have gone back to backing a couple of horses/day,
    i think you were more profitable when you stook to 1 to 2 horses/day.
    but then again if you have a good day you will be seriously "in the money" if you have 4 or even 5 horses.just my 2 pence.
    best of luck in the future..;)

coughlan08 wrote: »
    have never backed any of your selections but have a eye on the tread all the same,
    ive noticed that you have gone back to backing a couple of horses/day,
    i think you were more profitable when you stook to 1 to 2 horses/day.
    but then again if you have a good day you will be seriously "in the money" if you have 4 or even 5 horses.just my 2 pence.
    best of luck in the future..;)

Cheers Coughlan, I only back a couple if that's all I can find. Today I found 4 or 5 bets. Ended up losing way to much, Usually only want to lose 8-10pts max, Lost closer to 20. Ah well, Onwards and upwards.

Best of luck with your thread when you've the leaving done and best of luck in it.

2:00 Haydock - Rose Blossom - 2pts @ 7/2

Bet a few decent sorts last time when making all to win at York. Has won at the track before and seems a speedy sort and this trip is ideal, Nearly a stone lower than most of the other danger and could have a great chance of making all to win again on speedy ground which she will love. Hanagan and Fahey combination also which has been great this season and she looks like the sort who could come on for that win last time out.

2:30 Haydock - Corporal Maddox - 1pt e/w @ 11/1

I've a liking for this horse, Don't know what happened last time out but it just faded away after 4f but I'm willing to give it another go. The previous run in a listed race behind Society Rock was impressive and I fancy him to put up another bold showing tomorrow against this decent field. Cecil and Queally are in great form lately and firing in the winners. Hopefully the ground will be suitable tomorrow as his record on very fast ground is poor enough, Not without place claims at least, In my opinion.

2:15 Newmarket - Green Moon - 5pts @ 3/1
    Won well last time out in a good handicap race beating a horse I really like who is Monterosso. Won by 4 lengths too which was very impressive. Takes a big step up in class but I feel he has alot more to come and this could be very winnable. Would have weight in hand if this was a handicap but has to cope with running off the same weight as his main challanger, Alrasm who is around 12lbs ahead of him in the handicap ratings. I dont think that's an insurmountable task and he has a serious chance to progress here, Spencer takes the ride and that's ideal for a horse who will hopefully try to make all again like he did last time. It's the only situation when I enjoy seeing Spencer on my choice!

• Advertisement

Another 2nd. Just can't get them up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Ran a good race, I was on the 3rd so happy with 12/1 return. Good luck today , dont personally fancy Green Moon in the next, he got a soft lead last time out, expect Jarvis's to win. In the 2.30 the ground has gone soft and its set up for Rainfall won will go on soft!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Congrats your selection won well although he went 10/1 in running. Mine went out like a light so glad I did not back him as i would have been counting the winnings 2 out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

green moon is in!!! :cool:

Finally a winner!

Thanks lads. :)

New Bank - 174 pts (+74pts)

Your earlier selections (Rose Blossom, etc) for today were good.

I've been mooching through your thread for a short while now, and I was wondering if I could ask you a retarded question?

When you're using "pts" (which i assume is shorthand for points?), what are you talking about? I'm assuming you had out aside a set of money initially to gamble with on these and your 'points' are a percentage of that money that you won/lost?

Your earlier selections (Rose Blossom, etc) for today were good.

I've been mooching through your thread for a short while now, and I was wondering if I could ask you a retarded question?

When you're using "pts" (which i assume is shorthand for points?), what are you talking about? I'm assuming you had out aside a set of money initially to gamble with on these and your 'points' are a percentage of that money that you won/lost?

Cheers KKV,

Instead of keeping a track of whether I have €10, €20, €50 or more on a horse I just use the points system. 5 being the bet I've the most faith in and 1 being the weakest. I'd rather not have my stake shown after each bet I do so I just use the 1-5 system although I do break it if I see something I really want to lump on, Like with Tres Coronas the other day. It's just easier for me to keep track of.

In simple terms if you backed every horse using €10 per point I advised then you'd have your bank would be + €740 to what you'd start with.

Cheers KKV,

Instead of keeping a track of whether I have €10, €20, €50 or more on a horse I just use the points system. 5 being the bet I've the most faith in and 1 being the weakest. I'd rather not have my stake shown after each bet I do so I just use the 1-5 system although I do break it if I see something I really want to lump on, Like with Tres Coronas the other day. It's just easier for me to keep track of.

In simple terms if you backed every horse using €10 per point I advised then you'd have your bank would be + €740 to what you'd start with.

Ah I see. I didn't realise you were using a 1-5 system. I ignored that part as I wasn't sure what it meant. Great idea you have, there.

Well I shall continue to mooch about the thread. No tmuch of a horsey fanatic myself, but you're fairly consistent in your results (from what I've seen of this thread).

Cheers for the thread and selections, Pyro. :)

• Advertisement

Ah I see. I didn't realise you were using a 1-5 system. I ignored that part as I wasn't sure what it meant. Great idea you have, there.

Well I shall continue to mooch about the thread. No tmuch of a horsey fanatic myself, but you're fairly consistent in your results (from what I've seen of this thread).

Cheers for the thread and selections, Pyro. :)

Thanks KKV, Thanks for looking. :) Hopefully I can continue a bit of form and get above 200 points, My goal is to double my bank but I'm up and down like a yo-yo. :pac: Was happy with todays results anyways and I'll be drinking some of the winnings tonight!

All the best and don't be a stranger, It gets lonely in here sometimes. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement