Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

3:30 Newmarket - Monterosso - 5pts @ 3/1

Classy horse with a brilliant turn of foot, Flying up the handicap mark but is capable of alot more. Frankie takes the ride and should be well able to get this fellow home, The horse he was behind last time out won impressively again today and should go on to be a classy sort. There's more to come from this one and hopefully he'll get up again tomorrow. It looks an easier task than the last race and he has the best man to get him home. Likely to be around the 2/1 mark which is a bit short but I think he has a great chance to win again.

x PyRo wrote: »
    3:30 Newmarket - Monterosso - 5pts

I'll throw a few euro in that direction, tomorrow morning. Will hopefully be onto a winner. Not gonna put much there though. Maybe 10-20. Not a big gambler :P

Cheers Pyro, again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

3:30 Newmarket - Monterosso - 5pts

Another Dubawi runner - he's looking to be a very good sire already. And this one looks ready to fall into the winners enclosure. Hopes its tomorrow for your logs sake :) but there some very decent competition in the 3.30 tomorrow. M Johnston is banging them in left right and centre though - you've got a lot of positives but at 9/4 I'll be looking else where. Good luck

I'll take you on with Right Step at 10's (if I can get it in the morning) :)

3:30 Newmarket - Monterosso - 5pts @ 3/1

Classy horse with a brilliant turn of foot, Flying up the handicap mark but is capable of alot more. Frankie takes the ride and should be well able to get this fellow home, The horse he was behind last time out won impressively again today and should go on to be a classy sort. There's more to come from this one and hopefully he'll get up again tomorrow. It looks an easier task than the last race and he has the best man to get him home. Likely to be around the 2/1 mark which is a bit short but I think he has a great chance to win again.

Easy as you like. :cool:

New Bank - 189 pts (+89pts)

That looks lovely! So close to my goal I can almost feel it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Nice bet Pyro. Keep an eye on Dubawis ;)

I didn't back Right Step but it was a very disappointing run.

Nulty wrote: »
    Nice bet Pyro. Keep an eye on Dubawis ;)

I didn't back Right Step but it was a very disappointing run.

Cheers Nulty, I usually do keep an eye on them but funnily enough I didn't realise Monte was out of him. :pac:

That was the money horse, Didn't run well at all, One to keep an eye out for next time I'd say.

Hopefully I can continue this little run of my Naps winning. It has given my account a healthy boost! :)

Nice one! Go Pyro! :D

Nice one! Go Pyro! :D

Cheers KKV, Long may it continue. :D

2:55 Carlisle - Elijah Pepper - 1pt e/w @ 6/1

Previously rated 73 on the Turf and has fallen all the way down to 60 after a string of poor performances. His last winning mark was off 63 also when scoring over 6f at Thirsk in 2009 with the same jockey on board as tomorrow, He also won the race before that off this mark. He's trained by my favorite trainer, David Barron, Who has been doing exceptional of late and it's the only horse he's sending to Carlisle and It's Heslop's only ride who had a 40/1 winner yesterday and is a decent 5lb claimer.

With the 5lb claim he'll be running off a featherweight weight of 8 stone 3 lbs. He is a fairly speedy sort who usually keeps with the pace and with there being alot of pace in this race it could well suit him if he is fit and ready for this one. Comes out on top of most speed ratings that I've looked at and between that and the low weight to carry I think this could be an ideal opportunity to win for the first time in a year, The market will tell its own story if The Barron is backing it himself as he usually does with the ones he has out that he expects to win. Comes back after a 5 month break also and has went well and won after a break in the past.

The horse who finished behind him last time out went on to win next time out and the horse that was ahead of him also won two starts later. It looks a pretty weak race and very winnable, I think Mandalay King would be the main worry as he's stepped down in class and performed well last time out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

x PyRo you mentioned a website that helped you get started on horse racing a few pages back but i cant find it what was it again?

x PyRo you mentioned a website that helped you get started on horse racing a few pages back but i cant find it what was it again?

It was probably timeform.com, Can't remember though. LetsBet.ie is by far and away the best forum for horse racing though, The lads there are machines!

4:10 Redcar - Cairnsmore - 2pts @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Won impressively last time out at Chepstow over this distance. Will love this ground and seems a speedy sort. It's an exciting looking race where I can make claims for a few of them but I think this fellow is open to the most improvement and can land the spoils again. Joe Fanning takes the ride here and he's a more than competent jockey in my opinion, Johnston's yard is in form again and has had a few decent winners in the last number of days.

The horse has already been beaten by one of the market leaders, Sweet Lightening, But that was on soft-ish ground which didn't suit at all. This ground will be ideal and he likes to sit up at the head of affairs so hopefully he'll get to dictate things like last time and get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

PYRO, if u place bet on a horse which is later found to be a N/R before race begins do u get ur money back or is it tough luck?....

fairplay with the recent luck, enjoy keeping an eye on this tread, hope it continues :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

you get your money back.

it aint luck,when your this profitable...:)

whitts wrote: »
    PYRO, if u place bet on a horse which is later found to be a N/R before race begins do u get ur money back or is it tough luck?....

fairplay with the recent luck, enjoy keeping an eye on this tread, hope it continues :D

Money back, Unless it's an ante-post bet that hasn't went to the "Non Runner - No Bet" stage.

Thanks for looking at the thread and hopefully my mini run continues. :)
    coughlan08 wrote: »
    you get your money back.

it aint luck,when your this profitable...:)

Cheers Coughlan, I wasn't profitable at the start at all, Things went well the last couple of months though. Slowed down the betting and the money rolled in! Thank God. Just started doing less bets but putting more money on it, Like what you're doing with the football and long may it continue.

Prices up.

Can you tell us how Elijah gets on? Are there any websites that offer real-time results or anything?

I know of Irishracing.com, but dunno how long it takes them to update (though I believe they're fairly quick?).

Timeform.com or GG.com are the quickest to update. Elijah got stuck on the rail near the finish and didn't get a proper run, One to keep an eye on next time out.

Ha, of all the things that could happen. Ah sure, you win some, you lose some. :)

• Advertisement

Ha, of all the things that could happen. Ah sure, you win some, you lose some. :)

Happens alot unfortunately. :( Hopefully the Johnston horse does the business later although I am due a losing day again. Cheers for looking KKV. :)

Edit : Came 6th, About 3 1/4 lengths away. It was a good run all things considered. I'll be on next time for sure.

Cheers for looking KKV. :)

Cheers for posting, Pyro! :)

Will be curious to see how Cairnsmore gets on. In fairness, you were saying you're using a 5 point system and you did rate Elijah at 1 point.

You seem to know your stuff. Any sensible person reading your posts surely wasn't putting the house on him!

Cheers for posting, Pyro! :)

Will be curious to see how Cairnsmore gets on. In fairness, you were saying you're using a 5 point system and you did rate Elijah at 1 point.

You seem to know your stuff. Any sensible person reading your posts surely wasn't putting the house on him!

Yeah it was a tentative one alright! It's a bank holiday over there and I always lose money when they've so much racing on! It's hard to find a winner. Hopefully Cairnsmore will go well but it's a trappy enough race too. Elijah will win us some money soon though, Hopefully. :)

Were you actually watching the race, or just getting results in online?

If you were watching, did he look like he was doing OK (prior to his accident)? In other words, had he not got stuck, do you reckon he'd have fulfilled your e/w bet?

Were you actually watching the race, or just getting results in online?

If you were watching, did he look like he was doing OK (prior to his accident)? In other words, had he not got stuck, do you reckon he'd have fulfilled your e/w bet?

I was listening to William Hill Radio. Click!

They said he was travelling sweetly but then couldn't get off the rail to get a proper run. If he had a run I think he would of came in the places at least, Probably could of got up too the way they were talking but the winner ran very well. God knows how it would of went but he was going well until being boxed in. Will have a look at the replays later when I get a chance, I'm only going on what the radio guys tell me!

Ah well I was just asking out of curiosity.

You seem to have had a fair few winners recently. It's only natural your streak will sag. :)

Still though; from following your thread, I'm up money! The one thing I thought the internet wouldn't enable me to do! :D

Ah well I was just asking out of curiosity.

You seem to have had a fair few winners recently. It's only natural your streak will sag. :)

Still though; from following your thread, I'm up money! The one thing I thought the internet wouldn't enable me to do! :D

Any questions are more than welcome. :D

That's great KKV, So am I thank God, It's hard to make any money from gambling but it's a fun pastime. Hopefully It'll continue, I still have two bets left today, Cairnsmore and another one from my longshot thread. If one of them wins I'll be delighted! Although I pushed my luck with two 5 pointers in the last two days so they'll probably come last now. :pac:

Cairnsmore was no good. Up to my last one now.

New Bank - 185 pts (+85pts)

-4 points today. Might have a 5 pointer for tomorrow. ;)

Might have a 5 pointer for tomorrow. ;)

Well my instant email notifications are on! :)

Not a great start to the week with today's selections, but hopefully it'll pick up for you :)

• Advertisement

Cheers KKV, I hate bank holiday racing! I always lose. Thank God I didn't go in big on anything or it'd of been a disaster. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement