Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

In fairness now, you do seem to have a fair grasp on how things work in horsey world. The fact that you didn't go throwing money at every second horse only makes you better.

Taking your time is the best thing to do, i'd say. I know a few guys who are horse mad. Don't know the first thing about horses or racing, but throw money at every second horse. They rarely ever win. Not sure what the point is to be honest. Although I don't know the first thing about it myself, so...

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

In fairness now, you do seem to have a fair grasp on how things work in horsey world. The fact that you didn't go throwing money at every second horse only makes you better.

Taking your time is the best thing to do, i'd say. I know a few guys who are horse mad. Don't know the first thing about horses or racing, but throw money at every second horse. They rarely ever win. Not sure what the point is to be honest. Although I don't know the first thing about it myself, so...

Yeah most people are like that, Used to be similar myself but now I limit myself to 4 or 5 bets maximum, Usually only have 2 or 3 per day and it has paid off. Pitty about today though. :( Discipline is the key, I do lose it the odd time and make some stupid bets but that's how it goes! Onwards and upwards hopefully. :)

Hopefully so :)

Well I've to head off out, and probably won't be back on til tomorrow morning. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the ould email incase your five pointer appears.

Take it easy Pyro, and have a nice day :)

All the best KKV, I'll try have a nice day. :D Just need to find something to do. :pac:

Thanks for looking and having a chat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

any thing for ballinrobe this evening ??iam going there tuesday evening

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    any thing for ballinrobe this evening ??iam going there tuesday evening

Wouldn't know much about it Naughto, Irish Flat Racing isn't my thing but I'll give my opinions.

There's a few being well backed, Any time I do bet on it I usually just follow the money.

In the 9:00, Stretch The Truth has alot of money going on him. Geraghty is on board for one of only two rides, The other is in the 8:00 on Attycran and that's also being backed. Both would be of interest to me but I don't know much of the opponents.

Fran Berry's ride in the 6:00 is interesting too, Majestic Pearl, Takes a big step up in trip from 6f to 1m 1f now, Stayed on well last time after being awkward mid race. Untested beyond 1m but no better man than Berry to get it going, He was on it before and came second running very well and also the quick ground could be a bonus. Lots of unexposed sorts in this race who could be anything though but I think it's a better bet than the two market leaders who are a bit short.

As I say it's not my strong point at all.

thanks x PyRo iv being hearing a good bit about Majestic Pearl so will go with him thanks for your advice.ill let you no how i get on

naughto wrote: »
    thanks x PyRo iv being hearing a good bit about Majestic Pearl so will go with him thanks for your advice.ill let you no how i get on

Best of luck Naughto, Just a word of caution again, It's not my forté at all but hopefully it'll do the business for you. I'll have a small flutter also.

Only 4th but ran well. Keep an eye on it next time, I'm putting it into the tracker.

Sorry dude.

a no its grand sure its only a bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

x PyRo wrote: »
    It was probably timeform.com, Can't remember though. LetsBet.ie is by far and away the best forum for horse racing though, The lads there are machines!

Whats your username on letsbet pyro?

Nulty wrote: »
    Whats your username on letsbet pyro?

Esprit_Skillz. Bit of a daft name. :pac:

3:15 Leicester - Red Gulch - 5pts @ 4/1

Backed him last time out when he was hampered near the start and still managed to get third. Found 6f a trip too sharp that day also, Stepped back up to 7f here which seems his optimum trip. Has been gelded since his win at Wolverhampton and should be able to fulfill his potential, Starting with winning this. Frankie takes the ride will hopefully be able to dictate things from the front. The likely quick ground will be a bonus as this horse seems to have a nice turn of foot when he needs to kick on. Looks a difficult enough race to call but this is a horse that I think should be winning a race like this and going on to better things. Probably not a race to be going to big on but I will anyways, Big bet for me.

8:55 Yarmouth - Aestival - 5pts

Seems to be over the problems Prescott had with this one and won easily beating a decent sort by 6 lengths last time out. This one looks like the sort who could notch up a series of wins and become an 80+ rated horse. Up 8lbs from last time which won't be enough to stop him. Made his comeback at this track and ran very well not far behind two decent sorts. Should come on for that run and prove even better again, Seb Sanders takes the ride and he gave him a brilliant spin last time out, He's also travelling up from Leicester where he has one ride there (It's Comedy Act, I'll be backing that one too) and this is his only ride here also. Prescott is only sending those out tomorrow and I expect both to win. This is a max bet for me, Although I'll just stick to the 5pt limit I set for the thread! Will probably be around evens or even odds on but I expect him to do the job comfortably again and go on to better things, Here's hoping.

3:45 Leicester - Comedy Act - 5pts

Won impressively by 5l last time out when making all to win at Newcastle, Left his previous form behind him which was pretty abysmal. This looks quite an easy race for him to win if performing in the same vain as last time. Seb's only ride at Leicester before going to Yarmouth for one also. The quick ground should help the horses style if he gets asked the question like last time where he took off and was never going to be caught. If he gets to the front and gets a chance to dictate he should take this with ease but anything can happen, Another selection I'd have full confidence in winning so hopefully it does the job like last time. I'll have a small 1pt saver on Celebrian who impressed me last time out.

So that's 3 max bets for me tomorrow so hopefully this doesn't go arseways! Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

just throwing my word in for the crack, hope ya dont mind pyro... its Anne Of Kiev @ 8.25 YARMOUTH ran well last week, seems to be creeping up in class from what i can see, different jockey than last week but he rid his last horse across the winnning line....

dunno bout any1 else, ill have a score on her.... :D

whitts wrote: »
    just throwing my word in for the crack, hope ya dont mind pyro... its Anne Of Kiev @ 8.25 YARMOUTH ran well last week, seems to be creeping up in class from what i can see, different jockey than last week but he rid his last horse across the winnning line....

dunno bout any1 else, ill have a score on her.... :D

If she gets a clear run again I reckon she'll win it, She's stepping down in class by the way. ;)

She's stepping down in class by the way. ;)

what i ment obviously :p

how certain do u think ur picks are for tomorrow pyro... do ya now worry bout stickin 50 nook on a horse!..

what i ment obviously :p

how certain do u think ur picks are for tomorrow pyro... do ya now worry bout stickin 50 nook on a horse!..

It's a worse class than before, Just incase I confused you!

I've more than 50 on them dude, Pretty confident in them all or they wouldn't be 5 pointers!

your a mad fook!!!....
    hope all goes well 4 u...
    i have not get the balls to stick that much on them....
    not yet ne way!!! :P

• Advertisement

your a mad fook!!!....
    hope all goes well 4 u...
    i have not get the balls to stick that much on them....
    not yet ne way!!! :P

I'll take that as a compliment. :pac:

I wouldn't put as much on if I hadn't built up the bank so well here, Long may it continue. :D

I'll take that as a compliment. :pac:

I wouldn't put as much on if I hadn't built up the bank so well here, Long may it continue. :D

yea well fairplay again, hopefully these harses will get on well...:cool:

yea well fairplay again, hopefully these harses will get on well...:cool:

That's the plan dude, First time I've found three horses I'd consider lump jobs. :cool:

lump jobs. :cool:

??? hmmmm...???:confused:

??? hmmmm...???:confused:

Horses I'll be lumping on. (Putting alot of money on!)

You have to clue yourself up with horse racing terms man. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

It's a worse class than before, Just incase I confused you!

I've more than 50 on them dude, Pretty confident in them all or they wouldn't be 5 pointers!
    How much is 1 point for you?

How much is 1 point for you?

Really depends, I only use the 1-5 system as it's handier than putting in cash amounts for me. Plus I don't want people knowing what I win or lose on a horse. I'll have more money on the two Prescott horses when I back them in the morning than I will have on Red Gluch which I backed earlier on @ 4/1. Only 11/4 now. Still 5pt selections on my ratings though.

Glad I checked back here this morning! (I hope I'm still saying that at the end of the day :P )

Three five pointers.. I hope you're not being too generous handing out points, Pyro :D

3:15 Leicester - Red Gulch - 5pts @ 4/1

Backed him last time out when he was hampered near the start and still managed to get third. Found 6f a trip too sharp that day also, Stepped back up to 7f here which seems his optimum trip. Has been gelded since his win at Wolverhampton and should be able to fulfill his potential, Starting with winning this. Frankie takes the ride will hopefully be able to dictate things from the front. The likely quick ground will be a bonus as this horse seems to have a nice turn of foot when he needs to kick on. Looks a difficult enough race to call but this is a horse that I think should be winning a race like this and going on to better things. Probably not a race to be going to big on but I will anyways, Big bet for me.

Has been backed into 2/1 now. 4/1's looking great.
    8:55 Yarmouth - Aestival - 5pts

Seems to be over the problems Prescott had with this one and won easily beating a decent sort by 6 lengths last time out. This one looks like the sort who could notch up a series of wins and become an 80+ rated horse. Up 8lbs from last time which won't be enough to stop him. Made his comeback at this track and ran very well not far behind two decent sorts. Should come on for that run and prove even better again, Seb Sanders takes the ride and he gave him a brilliant spin last time out, He's also travelling up from Leicester where he has one ride there (It's Comedy Act, I'll be backing that one too) and this is his only ride here also. Prescott is only sending those out tomorrow and I expect both to win. This is a max bet for me, Although I'll just stick to the 5pt limit I set for the thread! Will probably be around evens or even odds on but I expect him to do the job comfortably again and go on to better things, Here's hoping.

4/6 taken.
    3:45 Leicester - Comedy Act - 5pts

Won impressively by 5l last time out when making all to win at Newcastle, Left his previous form behind him which was pretty abysmal. This looks quite an easy race for him to win if performing in the same vain as last time. Seb's only ride at Leicester before going to Yarmouth for one also. The quick ground should help the horses style if he gets asked the question like last time where he took off and was never going to be caught. If he gets to the front and gets a chance to dictate he should take this with ease but anything can happen, Another selection I'd have full confidence in winning so hopefully it does the job like last time. I'll have a small 1pt saver on Celebrian who impressed me last time out.

So that's 3 max bets for me tomorrow so hopefully this doesn't go arseways! Best of luck everyone.

10/11 taken & 15/2 on Celebrian
    Glad I checked back here this morning! (I hope I'm still saying that at the end of the day :P )

Three five pointers.. I hope you're not being too generous handing out points, Pyro :D

Hopefully not! Genuinely think both the odds on ones should win, And Red Gulch has been very well backed so I've got a great price. Here's hoping anyways.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Have Red Gulch (9/4 last night) & Comedy Act (4/5). Hopefully my luck with backing odds on shots changes with the latter :o Cheers Pyro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement