Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Have Red Gulch (9/4 last night) & Comedy Act (4/5). Hopefully my luck with backing odds on shots changes with the latter :o Cheers Pyro

Best of luck dude, Hopefully they'll oblige.

Red Gulch was extremely disappointing, Frankie didn't even get him near the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

didn't even look like frankie wanted him up there!! not even a sniff!!!

Why do I listen to you... You and your donkeys... :P

Here's hoping for Comedy act. fingers crossed :)

dennymin wrote: »
    didn't even look like frankie wanted him up there!! not even a sniff!!!

Yeah it didn't go well at all, Just didn't pick up either. Will be interesting to see if Frankie's on next time as I've noticed alot of the times he rides a horse for the second time he seems to win.
    Why do I listen to you... You and your donkeys... :P

Here's hoping for Comedy act. fingers crossed :)

Yeah they've turned into donkeys! Need the shorties to win now. :(

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Yeah it didn't go well at all, Just didn't pick up either. Will be interesting to see if Frankie's on next time as I've noticed alot of the times he rides a horse for the second time he seems to win.

Yeah they've turned into donkeys! Need the shorties to win now. :(

Ah sure, all part of the fun. Hopefully you'll get a few winners in the coming days (or today, even, still two more to go!).

Come on Comedy Act! Make me laugh! :P

Ah sure, all part of the fun. Hopefully you'll get a few winners in the coming days (or today, even, still two more to go!).

Come on Comedy Act! Make me laugh! :P

Fingers crossed, Could be an expensive day for me otherwise!

fallon had done well on him for a long time, if its not broken why fix it,

dennymin wrote: »
    fallon had done well on him for a long time, if its not broken why fix it,

Yeah God knows why, Fallon has 7 rides at Yarmouth later though. Although I'd usually prefer Frankie being on one I'm backing but didn't pay off today. Ah well, That's gambling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Good man Seb!

• Advertisement

Mother of God he battled back well there thank feck.

Hooray! Pity Celebrian wasn't behind him :P

Good man, Pyro.

Hooray! Pity Celebrian wasn't behind him :P

Good man, Pyro.

Yeah he was disappointing alright. Thank God Comedy Act got up! Needed that one, I hate backing odds on though. Aestival will hopefully do the business later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

fair play to ya pyro

I very rarely put my money down if its based 100% on somebody elses knowledge.

fair play to ya pyro

I very rarely put my money down if its based 100% on somebody elses knowledge.

Cheers dude, Great name. :pac:

I hate lumping on an odds on, Thank God it didn't backfire with that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

I hate lumping on an odds on, Thank God it didn't backfire with that one though.

I havn't backed a horse in a long time, 2 much heart break
    i just threw 10 on last night
    it was more of a bet on which one you would get right if im being honest haha

you clearly know your stuff

Speaking of which, do you have or keep a win/loss ration for your horse bets, Pyro?

I havn't backed a horse in a long time, 2 much heart break
    i just threw 10 on last night
    it was more of a bet on which one you would get right if im being honest haha

you clearly know your stuff

Yeah they're a disaster at the best of times. I've got lucky with alot of my maximum selections lately which makes the bank look good!

I'm only a novice trying to make a few pound, It's all good fun for me and I enjoy studing the form etc, I just hate when I love people money if they do follow any of these bets but sticking to my points advised turns a profit, At level stakes I'd say I'm way down but I don't back at level stakes so it's all good. :)

Speaking of which, do you have or keep a win/loss ration for your horse bets, Pyro?

Nope, I should but I'd have to go back through alot of posts to check it. I will someday when I'm bored. I doubt it'd be that impressive though, My 5pt selections would show a tidy profit though I'd say. It's the smaller ones that take me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

i have a double on the 2 prescott horses!... cant wait for 8:55... :D

• Advertisement

Best of luck dude, I should of just done a 10pt double!

glad you got that one mate keep up the good work;)

Aestival is only 2/5 now! 4/6 is looking pretty sweet. :pac:

Simples. Good horse that.

New Bank - 186.90 pts (+86.90pts)

Could of been a great day if I didn't back Red Gulch!

Go on, ya boyo! :D

Go on, ya boyo! :D

Cheers KKV. :D

Only a short priced one but they all count. The 4/6 I took this morning was a nice price imo.

Any price is a good price!

I've to head off for the night, but I'll check back in the morning to see if you've rustled up any more winners :)

Take it easy Pyro. :)

5:55 Nottingham - Sharp Sovereign - 2pts

In flying form for the Barron stable, Making all to win over this distance at Yarmouth and performing admirably last time out also at Yarmouth when trying to do the same again off a penalty but came second to a decent sort. Beat Aestival into second that day who looks a very good sort and has since bolted in twice in a row winning by 6lengths and 4lengths. That form beats anything that this opposition have and hopefully he can win again. Not going in large due to the jockey who is having his first ride since September 09. He has only won 2 from 45 races so that's the only worry and preventing me from going in larger.

Sharp Sovereign has a low draw in stall 3 which is ideal and he'll have a great chance to get out into the lead and dictate the race from there as he has done well on the last few occasions. There's no doubting the horse has ability and more than enough to win this race but the jockey is a huge concern so it's only a two point win for me, This is only a "hands and heels" apprentice race and I know nothing about the other jockeys but certainly can't have the same confidence I would have if Makin or Gibbons were on board for David Barron. Betfair forecast @ 3/1 but can see it being a bit shorter. Hopefully he'll do the job, But it's a tentative one.

2:10 Nottingham - Gracie's Gift - 1pt

Another tentative selection but one with a decent chance in a poor standard race. The jockey booking of Jamie Spencer for the second run in a row for this one is interesting me. He got a good tune out of here last time out on the AW when she eventually finished second off top weight. Just didn't pick up inside the final furlong when asked but had every chance and should of done better.

Guests horses are in great form of late and he has only got Spencer to ride for him 3 times before so it's interesting that he is getting him again, I think she's an ideal ride for him. She is most effective when up at the front which, if copying the way he rode her last time then she'll be aimed to do that again tomorrow from stall 9, There isn't much of a draw bias here anyways. Should put up a bold effort upped one class for her return to turf after a year. Has placed off this mark before and with a better jockey and her running well recently she's sure to have a squeak. Small tentative bet and forecasted to be around the 11/2 mark.

• Advertisement

4:50 Nottingham - Cityscape - 5pts

Went in big on this fellow last time out when he ran in a listed race and went off at 1.51 and lost by a neck, So he owes me money! Takes a drop in class here and is by far the best horse in this race imo, Just depends on how he performs. Has placed in Group 2 and Group 3 races, Has come back as good as ever since having a break and placed in a very hot Handicap at Newbury. Will love the ground and if running to ability should be well able to win this. Jimmy Fortune is riding out of his skin lately and the trainer has his horses in tip-top condition with 6 of the last 18 he has had out winning and he's only sending Cityscape to Nottingham so hopefully they're out for the victory tomorrow.

Dettori's ride, Rio De La Plata, Is the obvious danger but he hasn't replicated his juvenile form at all and flopped at Meydan on his return in March. Has placed in a Group 3 though so obviously has ability but not as much as a 100% Cityscape imo. Cityscape is currently 2.72 on Betfair, I was expecting closer to Evens or even odds on when I first noticed he'd be out for this race. Looks great value to me and I'll be having a nice cut of whatever price I get in the morning. If he performs to ability he should take this, He'd also be a nice few pounds ahead of the nearest competitor if this was a Handicap race so there's another positive for me. Max Bet and sure to have a solid chance, Hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement