Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

x PyRo wrote: »
    4:50 Nottingham - Cityscape - 5pts

Went in big on this fellow last time out when he ran in a listed race and went off at 1.51 and lost by a neck, So he owes me money! Takes a drop in class here and is by far the best horse in this race imo, Just depends on how he performs. Has placed in Group 2 and Group 3 races, Has come back as good as ever since having a break and placed in a very hot Handicap at Newbury. Will love the ground and if running to ability should be well able to win this. Jimmy Fortune is riding out of his skin lately and the trainer has his horses in tip-top condition with 6 of the last 18 he has had out winning and he's only sending Cityscape to Nottingham so hopefully they're out for the victory tomorrow.

Dettori's ride, Rio De La Plata, Is the obvious danger but he hasn't replicated his juvenile form at all and flopped at Meydan on his return in March. Has placed in a Group 3 though so obviously has ability but not as much as a 100% Cityscape imo. Cityscape is currently 2.72 on Betfair, I was expecting closer to Evens or even odds on when I first noticed he'd be out for this race. Looks great value to me and I'll be having a nice cut of whatever price I get in the morning. If he performs to ability he should take this, He'd also be a nice few pounds ahead of the nearest competitor if this was a Handicap race so there's another positive for me. Max Bet and sure to have a solid chance, Hopefully.

Non runner today mate!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

5:55 Nottingham - Sharp Sovereign - 2pts

13/8 taken.
    2:10 Nottingham - Gracie's Gift - 1pt

7/2 taken.

Only 3pts in bets for today now that Cityscape is a non-runner. Will see if there's anything else I fancy.

2nd. Damn Crossbar again!

gracies gift in 2nd!!:( ran well though in fairness

Yeah ran well, Just found one too good. The one that I didn't think would trouble him!

• Advertisement

Yeah ran well, Just found one too good. The one that I didn't think would trouble him!

i wouldn't mind but i was going to back bahamian just as an insurance policy for the race!! ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Made a big enough profit today, so was just wondering what you thought of Love you Louis in the 6.20 and Rock Relief in the 9.20, both at Kempton

Just would be nice to get an additional opinion

Made a big enough profit today, so was just wondering what you thought of Love you Louis in the 6.20 and Rock Relief in the 9.20, both at Kempton

Sorry dude only coming online now, I'll take a look at them races and get back to you within 30mins or so.

6:20 Kempton - Love You Louis looks pretty solid in my opinion. Goes well around here and has won over C&D in a higher class than this when 8lbs higher than todays mark. Front running style is ideal here and has a sound draw. Can't find anything that I think will beat it but Captain Coke would be a danger with a class jockey on board and he's coming over from Ireland for the run and it's the only on the stable's brought over. I'll have a 2pt win bet @ 4/1 (Stan James)

9:20 Kempton - Rock Relief is one of two that Prescott is sending here to Kempton. Good 3lb claimer on board, Down in class and drawn in stall 1. Ran very well last time out on comeback and looks like a typical Prescott improver. Lightly raced but has potential to be better than this mark and should take all the beating if running to the same standard as last time out. Has a good chance to get its first win here imo. I'll have a 2pt bet @ 11/4 (Paddy Power)

Best of luck.

Poor jockey didn't help Sharp Sovereigns chances. Only 3rd.

• Advertisement

Poor jockey didn't help Sharp Sovereigns chances. Only 3rd.

Had a bit on it, didnt see the race though. I have the two horses from earlier in a double though, and have another each way double in fairyhouse

Had a bit on it, didnt see the race though. I have the two horses from earlier in a double though, and have another each way double in fairyhouse

Jockey never settled the horse according to the radio and went off to quick and found nothing at the end.

Hopefully this fellow does the business now, Best of luck Delboy.

6:20 Kempton - Love You Louis looks pretty solid in my opinion. Goes well around here and has won over C&D in a higher class than this when 8lbs higher than todays mark. Front running style is ideal here and has a sound draw. Can't find anything that I think will beat it but Captain Coke would be a danger with a class jockey on board and he's coming over from Ireland for the run and it's the only on the stable's brought over. I'll have a 2pt win bet @ 4/1 (Stan James)

Didn't get anywhere near the front. Captain Coke won. :rolleyes:

Didn't get anywhere near the front. Captain Coke won. :rolleyes:

Saw it.. just have the two in fairyhouse left now.:(

Just going to assume the last one will lose and do up the bank.

-7 today. Got a feeling tomorrow will be a good one! Going to change my strategy and go for some bigger prices tomorrow.

New Bank - 179.90 pts (+79.90pts)

Just going to assume the last one will lose and do up the bank.

Have some faith haha!:D;):D

today was a bad day!! didn't fancy Sharp Sovereigns, so took a punt on major promise. only barely got third with a scramble at the end No way i thought Zeal would take it!
    crossbar twice in the one day.Keep at it anyway pyro!!! tomorrow is another day!!

Didn't do any gambling today at all.

Will probably do something tomorrow. Depending on what Pyro gets up to. :)

I'm on the prowl for a couple of 5 pointers at the minute. ;)

No more apprentices after the 9:20 race!

I'm on the prowl for a couple of 5 pointers at the minute. ;)

No more apprentices after the 9:20 race!

Will be curious about your 5 pointers. Either way I'll be back looking and mooching :)

• Advertisement

Cheers KKV, In the process of picking them now, Could do with a few winners.

Cheers KKV, In the process of picking them now, Could do with a few winners.

Sorry about those two! Gary O Brien ended up saving what was earlier a profitable day but after the double and the 5/4 shot lost I badly needed it.

Sorry about those two! Gary O Brien ended up saving what was earlier a profitable day but after the double and the 5/4 shot lost I badly needed it.

No need to apologize man, Or else I'd have ALOT of apologizing to do. :D

Thought they both had serious chances, The last one was tipped on Will Hill radio and they said he'd more than likely win but to go e/w on the 66/1 shot that won @ 50/1. :eek: But I didn't. :(

On the prowl for a bit of e/w value tomorrow instead of short priced ones that have been picked poorly by me lately. Here goes nothing!

3:10 Hamilton - Kyzer Chief - 1pt e/w

Well supported last time out going off at 4/1 but managed to come last after weakening when trying to make an effort 1 furlong out. Kelly Harrison was on board that day and she wouldn't be one I'd have too much faith in. Phillip Makin is on board today and is certainly a capable jockey to say the least and is a very good jockey over these shorter distances. Shows a big profit to level stakes over 5 furlongs, So that's obviously his forte.

Kyzer Chief finished behind Musical Bridge last time out at Ripon where MB was a 20/1 winner. Up 3lbs for that win which isn't excessive but I think it'll stop him although he has a sound draw beside the rail but there's not much of a draw bias at Hamilton Park. Has only won 1 out of 28 races but has won off 4lbs higher before and has a good jockey on board which will surely help and the ground is ideal. Forecast on Betfair @ 10/1 and anything around that mark I'd be happy with. Should have place claims at least.

2:50 Lingfield - Motrice - 5pts

Looks like a typical Prescott improver who has fired in 6 out of his last 8 winners into the winning enclosure. That's serious form right there. Seb Sanders is riding out of his skin at the moment for him and is on top of this one again. Shaped as if needing further last time out when a staying on 5th to Al Shababiya but was only 2.5 lengths behind, Steps up around 2.5 furlongs here and is sure to have a serious chance especially with the trainer and jockeys combined recent form which has been amazing. Should be well suited to the track here which favors those coming off the pace which he done last time out. Forecasted to be around 5/2 which seems a steal considering I can only see one horse that will possibly beat him.

Main threat comes from Red Army who is Bell's only runner tomorrow and Spencers only ride also. Finished just ahead of Motrice last time out and looked like further was needed. Small 1pt saver on him as he's likely to be around 5/1 or so and would cover my stake should Motrice not win, Although if neither win it'd be a disaster! But I'll go for that. May bet on Motrice and small saver on Red Army.

4:40 Hamilton - Birkside - 1pt e/w

Have my doubts about Lady Eclair dealing with the extra weight here and I don't think she's value at 2/1 or so. So I'm going to oppose her with Birkside who has shaped well on last two starts this season. Goes well around here with course form of 1-0-2-4. Previously rated as high as 92 and has won off 85 in the past. Sound record on this ground and a decent jockey in Mulrennan on board who has been on board before. Stays this far no bother and the first two runs indicate there could be a victory from it soon. Doesn't look the toughest of races and if Lady Eclair flops then I think this one could be in with a shout of coming off the pace to win this at a tasty price. Forecast of 10/1 looks good value, Pity there's not 8 runners for some e/w value but it's worth a shot even with only two places paid. Would of destroyed this field back in the day!

That's enough thanks' KKV. :D

Well we're friends now! ;)

I hope im still thanking you tomorrow! :P

Hopefully. :pac: Or I'll have to flee the country. :p

The 5 pointer should have a great chance, But stranger things have happened!

• Advertisement

I threw a few euro at your five pointer, but didn't do the others. Will just see how things pan out.

Might not do anything else til monday or so (unless this wins and you've got faith in another horse,in which case I'll throw a few € on that when collecting winnings from Motrice). I don't use online gambling :o

C'mon Motrice! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement