Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The money's a coming for Elijah.

Another 2pts @ 5/1 for me.

3/1 now. 'Mon Gibbons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

fuk me that was too close for my liking:eek::D.. cheers pyro

No problem, Don't know how he won. YESSSS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Since you seemed so certain, I decided on a whim to throw a few euro on even though I know nothing about horseracing ... I'm rich! :D:D:D Thanks Pyro!!!

• Advertisement

Since you seemed so certain, I decided on a whim to throw a few euro on even though I know nothing about horseracing ... I'm rich! :D:D:D Thanks Pyro!!!

No problem, Very very lucky to win it though! We all owe the jockey money for that ride. :D

Cheers for the comments. :)

+29.40 points today!

Needed one of these days. New high point for the bank.

New Bank - 191.30 pts (+91.30pts)

Here's the video of the race, Hit 190 In Running. I owe Gibbons a few pints for this ride!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/0,27770,375016_3,00.html

2:45 Salisbury - Lockantanks - 3pts

Fallon takes the ride on this one that looks like he's weighted to take this one. Will be running off 8-9 which is extremely low. Probably should have to give some of these weight if comparing ability as there are alot of average horses in this one and Lockantanks seems the most likely winner to me, At these weights. Speedy sort who should relish the quick ground and is drawn high in stall 12, With there being a slight draw bias towards the higher numbers in Salisbury. Came second last time out at Musselburgh and ran well enough, Could of done better but was carrying nearly a stone more weight that day and it probably told in the end. Should do better here and at the current 5.6 available on Betfair it looks very enticing! Will hopefully get around 4's in the morning.

Fallon rides the course excellently and shows a profit of £46 to level £1 stakes, Although he hasn't rode here since '06 but has won on 23% of his rides here and takes the reins for Haynes who he rarely rides for but has came first twice from six rides with two seconds. Interesting jockey booking. He only has 3 rides tomorrow, All are interesting but especially this one and Haljaferia in the 5:30 who I'll look at later.

6:00 Sailsbury - Ask Jenny - .5pts e/w

Although I said I'd never go near an apprentice race again I'm going to play small e/w stakes on this one. Been in great form since returning to the turf recording one win and three placed efforts. Shaped as if needing to return to 6f where she has won twice before, But on the AW. Has one of the better apprentice jockeys on board, Adam Beschizza, Who is also a 5lb claimer which will surely help! He had a nice winner at Brighton on Sunday so hopefully he'll be full of confidence and trying to get another winner on his slate here on what is his only ride. He gave her a sound ride last time out at Lingfield too, Hopefully he'll be able to get more out of her tomorrow and get her over the line in first.

She'll only be carrying a featherweight 8-5 tomorrow which will hopefully put her right in the shake up here and she'll enjoy the quicker ground. Trappy enough little race and not one to have much money on but I think she's an each way bet to nothing. Currently 7/1 on the exchanges and if I can get that price in the morning I'll be more than happy.

• Advertisement

6:05 Southwell - Mutual Respect - 2pts

Not a man for the jumps but I think the fellow has a decent chance if running to ability at Southwell tomorrow. Seems a very winnable race for him, Decent jockey on board, Trip is ideal as he proved he can stay these distances with his eased down 12l win at Fakenham last month. Tried to make all when 3rd last time out where a mistake cost him his chance of winning but was carrying 11-12 that day and is only carrying 11-3 today which should be a help if trying to make all again. Former Nicholls horse so obviously has some level of ability and Evan Williams will hopefully have him tuned up for this. Should have a good chance if avoiding the mistakes and was going well last time out until he blundered at the 11th which put him last but he stayed on to come 3rd of 6.

Would have my doubts about Midnight Gold who seems to place all the time but finds it hard to win. Bill's Echo mightn't get the trip if it's run at a quick pace, Simply Smashing will stay all day but might be a bit out of his league and I wouldn't really worry about the others but it seems a very winnable race for my selection who is currently 4.0 on the exchanges and I'd be happy with 3/1 in the morning if I could get it but I'd say it'll be more likely a 9/4-5/2 shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

good call on Elijah Pepper needed every yard of it, well done

Cheers Mickey, Lucky to get the winner there but it was time for a bit of luck!

6/1 taken for Lockantanks. Couple of horses being backed heavily in that, Not so confident now.

Ask Jenny is a NR.

3/1 taken for Mutual Respect.

Drifted out to 10/1 which told its own story. No good.

-5 today, Both ran well for 80% of their races but faded away. Hopefully tomorrow's selections will be better.

New Bank - 186.30 pts (+86.30pts)

3:50 Haydock - Dolphin Rock - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Improved alot since joining the David Barron yard scoring at this distance at Thirsk in April battling well to get up. Came second then next time out losing to a decent sort at Hamilton Park on softer ground which wouldn't be ideal, Seems a speedy sort who likes to be up near the head of affairs and could well be suited to the likely quicker ground. Drawn in stall 3, Higher draws seem to have the advantage here over a mile with the highest drawn horse having won 25% of the races here. So keep an eye on the Fahey horse William Morgan, Who the stats would favour.

Tom Queally takes the ride for The Barron, Which is a rare occurrence and has only happened 4 times before to no avail. He's a jockey I really rate and he has won 23% of his rides over a mile here, Although that's only 2 out of 9 rides! Would probably put more money on DR if it wasn't for the draw concerns but he looks a decent price @ 7/1 and if he's well backed before the off I might go in for more just like with Elijah Pepper the other day. Money usually talks with the Barrons horses.

Best of Luck Pyro you have picked a tough race tomorrow I will be watching edition in this race. Would have backed in Gask were in better form.

Cheers dude, Trappy enough one alright. Could have a squeak but it's a tentative one!

Next selection.

5.10 Yarmouth - Speedyfix - .5pts e/w

Ran with alot of credit on last two starts here over C&D coming 4th and a latest 3rd last month, Both with an extremely poor jockey on board. Davey Probert who is going to be a class jockey takes the ride today and he's in quite good form of late with a few high priced winners. Likes to come from off the pace and Probert is fairly strong in a finish and will be a big help to this one if he can get into the frame here.

16 runners at the moment so 4 places paid but no doubt that'll drop but Speedyfix could be worth putting a small bet on off what looks a winnable mark. Lots of horses like him with very poor records in these very low class contests and will probably be won by a long shot so I'll go with Proberts ride, Likely to be a decent e/w price. Hopefully 16/1 or so. Drawn in 7 which isn't the best place to be over 6f here, Best results are from the higher stalls where Spencers mount Sharp Eclipse is but he seems a bit of a donkey, And I suppose the horse is too.

2:00 Beverley - Tanked Up - 3pts

I think this fellow has a serious chance here, Dandy's only horse that he's sending down to Beverley, Adrian's only mount here. All good signs for me. Poor 3rd last time out when not staying the 6f trip and finished 6 lengths behind the second Madam Markievicz who is also in this race. Madam Markievicz was 5lbs lower in weight than Tanked Up that day but is carrying 3lbs more here and has a poor draw also so I'll rule her out of my calculations as I think the better 5 furlong horse is my selection.

Nellie Ellis has the best draw, Class jockey on board but flopped on only other appearance on turf although that was in a higher grade but didn't impress me last time out on the AW at Wolverhampton when Even money favorite in a weak contest and only managed 4th despite looking the most likely winner at one stage. The Fahey horse Mandy's Princess is also of interest dropped in grade but wouldn't be a big fan of her jockey at all and would stay clear of it, But will be in the frame from a plum draw too. I'll side with Tanked Up to hopefully lead from pillar to post and show his true potential on this speedy ground which will be ideal, Comes out on top on most speed ratings too and all going well I think he'll win this. Forecast around 3/1, I'd be happy with that price.

x PyRo wrote: »

Are you giving that 0.5 or 5 points :confused:

I haven't seen you using .5 yet, so I'm not sure if it's just a spell mistake or not :)

• Advertisement

(Point!) .5 points. :D

I wouldn't stick 5 points e/w on a potential donkey! :p It's a fecker of a race too, So many horse I can run quicker than! I love backing bigger prices e/w in these sorts of races, One horse always seems to step their game up here and the likely fav will only be around 2/1 against 15 other horses and he finds it hard to win, Crazy odds compliers!

Ahh... Makes sense now. :)

I'll stick a fiver each way on him and start praying, so. :) Cheers Pyro! :)

Cheers KKV, Hopefully some of them do the business, Could do with another Elijah Pepper-esque day! :)

3:50 Haydock - Dolphin Rock - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Money's coming. Another 2pts @ 4/1
    me wrote:
    Next selection.

12/1 taken.
    me wrote:
    2:00 Beverley - Tanked Up - 3pts

13/8 taken.

Didn't realize the ground was GS ffs, Timeform has it as GF this morning. Drifted and ran accordingly.

well done pyro

Cheers Mickey, Happy days! :D

:D And Pyro strikes again.. Nice one got back my losses and some from earlier (not your pick tho:D)

matt1958 wrote: »
    :D And Pyro strikes again.. Nice one got back my losses and some from earlier (not your pick tho:D)

Good man, Great ride from Queally. :)

Beautiful. +14.75 today, with one to go.

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Good man, Great ride from Queally. :)

Beautiful. +14.75 today, with one to go.

Yeah it was especially from the one that cost me a bit mate the jockey was woeful:mad:.. i like when you go at your picks twice thats two in a row i got on after you had another nibble:D.. great stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement