Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

matt1958 wrote: »
    Yeah it was especially from the one that cost me a bit mate the jockey was woeful:mad:.. i like when you go at your picks twice thats two in a row i got on after you had another nibble:D.. great stuff

I only usually do that with David Barron's horses! The market usually tell when his are in with a shout, Great trainer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

x PyRo wrote: »
    I only usually do that with David Barron's horses! The market usually tell when his are in with a shout, Great trainer. :D

I'll be keeping a lookout for his horses in future:p..

Definitely do that Matt, He's very profitable to follow with certain horses, As I've found out. ;)

Proberts ride looked like placing at one stage but found nothing when going well.

+13.75 overall today, Happy to have a winning day.

Bank 200.05pts (+100.05pts)

Goal Achieved! Doubled my bank. :D Lovely. Took its time but only backing a few a day has really helped it along and I'm quite happy with it! Long may it continue. Thanks to anyone who has looked or followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

Proberts ride looked like placing at one stage but found nothing when going well.

Goal Achieved! Doubled my bank. :D Lovely. Took its time but only backing a few a day has really helped it along and I'm quite happy with it! Long may it continue. Thanks to anyone who has looked or followed.
    you going to keep going with the thread? pity if you dont as you give people here some great tips and youve been very successful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

Keep it up pyro! it was great following you along to this ! don't kill the thread mate!:):)

you going to keep going with the thread? pity if you dont as you give people here some great tips and youve been very successful

Cheers Tiernan, I'll be keeping it going for sure! I want mo' money! Cheers for the comment.
    dennymin wrote: »
    Keep it up pyro! it was great following you along to this ! don't kill the thread mate!:):)

Cheers Denny, I appreciate it. :)

Next target 300 points hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Hey Pyro,Your just as good as HT!! Ever think of turning Pro??

ForzaKid wrote: »
    Hey Pyro,Your just as good as HT!! Ever think of turning Pro??

Cheers dude, Although it's a bit daft. :p I only do it for fun and enjoy posting here, I hate "tipsters" and people who call themselves that unless they're getting constant word from the yard (Inside info = A tip, IMO) then in my opinion they should be called "Selectionists" or something. :pac: Plus I hate them charging for "tips", Surely if their good enough they can make a living from the horses they back! Although Taylor doesn't charge but he gets paid alot from ATR for it, Such a jammy fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Cheers dude, Although it's a bit daft. :p I only do it for fun and enjoy posting here, I hate "tipsters" and people who call themselves that unless they're getting constant word from the yard (Inside info = A tip, IMO) then in my opinion they should be called "Selectionists" or something. :pac: Plus I hate them charging for "tips", Surely if their good enough they can make a living from the horses they back! Although Taylor doesn't charge but he gets paid alot from ATR for it, Such a jammy fecker!
    True,Something you should take into consideration if your looking for a job or whatever,Such a good eye for spotting potential winners!!:)

• Advertisement

ForzaKid wrote: »
    True,Something you should take into consideration if your looking for a job or whatever,Such a good eye for spotting potential winners!!:)

Thanks FK, Lots of luck involved and alot of my higher staked selections paid off thank God! Hopefully I can keep it going successfully, By sticking to what I've been doing I should be able to, Fingers crossed.

proud of my first day of my horse log :).Only started backing horses and had 3/5 winners all at resonable odds

Good stuff man, Keep it up. :)

Good stuff man, Keep it up. :)
    beginners luck i say :P

Everyone has to start somewhere dude, Even better if it's a winning start. :)

Timeform.com/free is a good site for reading about races and checking times etc if you're looking for somewhere to check out weights/opinions/handicap marks and previous form. It's a great site IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Well done mate. Top job!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Congrats on the 200 mark ! You've paid for a few Saturday afternoon beers for me lately ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

well done, and reasoning behind every pick, that's the amazing thing, they were your tips, your choices ,
    i can never win picking my own

Thank everyone, I appreciate the comments big time. Top lads.

Tomorrow's selections, Hopefully continue my little run of luck.

2:30 Newbury - Candleshoe - 1pt

From the on fire Hannon stable with jockey Richard Hughes taking the ride, Shaped well on all three starts this season winning at the second attempt and a decent second to Trewarthenick last time out over this trip at Chepstow. Candleshoe was 5lbs higher than Trewarthenick that day but there's a 6lb swing now with the penalty and the Hannon horse is 1lb better off here and I think he'll get the better of him this time, They're drawn beside each other again and I expect these two to be battling it out for victory here and at these weights I'd definitely prefer to be on Richard Hannons runner, He looks like the typical improving type and should be contesting higher class contests than this in the near future.

She'll handle the ground no problems and looks a speedy sort. Has form behind stablemate Kajima when she was 3rd to her (2l back) over a mile at Epsom Downs in April and Kajima has since went on to come 3rd in a hot Class 2 Handicap on Oaks Day off a mark of 82. Candleshoe is drawn high in 13 and that's a grand place to be over a mile according to the stats which say a high draw is usually favorable. Should have the beating of alot of these but I'm only having a tentative 1 point bet as it's a trappy little race with a few sorts open to improvement, But I think she stands a mighty chance here if running to ability. 4/1 on Betfair at the moment and I'd be happy with that price in the morning but I'd say she'll be a bit shorter than that.

4:50 Newbury - Dimaire - .5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

I've been backing this one for a good while now, She has placed 6 times from 12 races so far and seems to find it hard to win, Has caught the eye the last few runs when usually finishing well but always leaving it too late. Stepped up to 7f from 6f for the first time since second start, Should come on for that and comes in here off a bottom weight of 8-6 which puts her right in the frame. She'll love the quick ground here if it stays as it is, Her best run came on GF ground over 5f when not fancied in a class 4 race, She only lost by a short head and probably should of won it.

I think there's more to come from her back on the turf after five of her last six races being on the AW mainly at Wolverhampton. Form on the turf doesn't look impressive, It reads 6-2-4-7 but she ran with credit every time and wasn't with out a chance of winning in any of them and I feel that quite possibly the step up in trip can bring the best out of her. Only thing stopping me from having a bigger bet is the fact that Cathy Gannon is on board, I don't rate her at all, I'm probably a better jockey even though I'd weigh the horse down! Currently 10/1 on Bet365 which looks a good each way price to me, She's drawn soundly and if Mrs Gannon gives her a good ride then hopefully she'll be in the frame for place money at least.

• Advertisement

2:40 Yarmouth - Suzie Quw - .5pts

Backed this one last time when she was only 7th but just 2 3/4 lengths behind the winner, Stepped back to 6 furlongs now and that could help her as 7f seemed too far last time at Wolverhampton. Back on the Turf now after both starts this year being on the AW, She won on heavy ground off 6lbs higher this time last year and has also won on good ground too. Previously rated an 82 horse and down to 71 here which looks a winnable mark, She's dropped down in class against alot of other horses who struggle to win or even be in the frame and on a going day where she replicates old form then she could have a chance here at a nice price.

Currently 14/1 on Betfair and if she's anything like that in the morning I'll be happy. Only 8 runners in the field at the moment and no doubt one will drop out to leave only two places paid so I'll just have a small win bet on the off chance that she does win. Drawn soundly in 5, The higher the stall the better the results on Good ground here, Which it is as it stands but if there was a nice bit of rain it'd do Suzie Quw's chances the world of good. Andrew Elliot takes the ride and he's been on her before and given her a few good rides so hopefully he can get another decent tune out of her tomorrow and get her in with a chance of winning. He's not a jockey I'd rate at all and he has a terrible record around here but stranger things have happened! Requisite will be the likely favorite and running off the same mark as her impressive second last time (Winner won again) she'll be the one to beat.

5:00 Yarmouth - Motrice - 5pts

Prescott and Sanders have been on fire of late and this one looked good last time out at Lingfield when coming second just beaten by a neck, I backed it that day too. Looks likely to relish the step up to 1m 6f and should be well able to beat this field. Turned out quickly before being reassessed for that 2nd place behind Goldtrek. Prescott has an impressive 22% strike rate at this course and should really be increasing that with Motrice here. She finished well ahead of the rest of the field at Lingfield and although upped in class here she has a chance to make amends and get a win under her belt before being assessed again.

Well bred half sister to many prolific winners up to 18furlongs and staying won't be a problem if breeding is anything to go by. Prescott and Sanders have a 25% strike rate on the turf and have had lots of winners of late and have a real chance of winning this here. She'll enjoy the ground and trip as previously mentioned and despite probably being odds on I think she's value and I'll be having a max bet on her. She has the potential to go on to be an 80+ rated horse and will be in better races than this in the future and hopefully they see this as a nice easy one to start her winning spree! Will hopefully dictate this from the front and no better man than Sanders for doing that, She runs off 8-10 which is a nice low weight for her and I think she must have a brilliant chance here.

Me wrote:
    2:30 Newbury - Candleshoe - 1pt

5/1 taken.
    Me wrote:
    2:40 Yarmouth - Suzie Quw - .5pts

12/1.
    Me wrote:
    5:00 Yarmouth - Motrice - 5pts

5/6.

:)

On the drift.

Not doing much this afternoon so decided to have a little flutter, going to follow your 3, good luck!!

In_tuition wrote: »
    On the drift.

Not doing much this afternoon so decided to have a little flutter, going to follow your 3, good luck!!

Mainly due to the Noseda horse being backed heavily! Didn't notice the Rectifier form that Yes Chef has either, Trappy enough contest but Candleshoe is a lovely e/w price now.

Hughes didn't get him going at all. Gambled horse wins. Feck.

Hughes didn't get him going at all. Gambled horse wins. Feck.

You said he would handle the ground no probs, any idea if it changed? Seemed a little sticky underneath.

From my viewing seemed like he wasn't at home on it. Could be something else though.

In_tuition wrote: »
    You said he would handle the ground no probs, any idea if it changed? Seemed a little sticky underneath.

From my viewing seemed like he wasn't at home on it. Could be something else though.

Even with the rain etc he has won on Soft, Ran well on Good to Soft, And runs well on Good. No idea what went wrong, Only listened to it on the radio and they said Hughes was at work on her early on that she didn't seem interested. Should of been doing better on those terms. Everything was ideal.

Time to part ways with Suzie Quw, Drifted from 10's to 20's and ran accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

i wasn't feeling candleshoe but forced myself too have a wee bet:rolleyes:.. just wasn't feeling it today there was nothing else on football wise.. I'll call it quits until 2moro.. goodluck with the rest pyro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement