Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    4:50 Newbury - Dimaire - .5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365)

I've been backing this one for a good while now, She has placed 6 times from 12 races so far and seems to find it hard to win, Has caught the eye the last few runs when usually finishing well but always leaving it too late. Stepped up to 7f from 6f for the first time since second start, Should come on for that and comes in here off a bottom weight of 8-6 which puts her right in the frame. She'll love the quick ground here if it stays as it is, Her best run came on GF ground over 5f when not fancied in a class 4 race, She only lost by a short head and probably should of won it.

I think there's more to come from her back on the turf after five of her last six races being on the AW mainly at Wolverhampton. Form on the turf doesn't look impressive, It reads 6-2-4-7 but she ran with credit every time and wasn't with out a chance of winning in any of them and I feel that quite possibly the step up in trip can bring the best out of her. Only thing stopping me from having a bigger bet is the fact that Cathy Gannon is on board, I don't rate her at all, I'm probably a better jockey even though I'd weigh the horse down! Currently 10/1 on Bet365 which looks a good each way price to me, She's drawn soundly and if Mrs Gannon gives her a good ride then hopefully she'll be in the frame for place money at least.

3rd @ 22/1. :)

5:00 Yarmouth - Motrice - 5pts

Prescott and Sanders have been on fire of late and this one looked good last time out at Lingfield when coming second just beaten by a neck, I backed it that day too. Looks likely to relish the step up to 1m 6f and should be well able to beat this field. Turned out quickly before being reassessed for that 2nd place behind Goldtrek. Prescott has an impressive 22% strike rate at this course and should really be increasing that with Motrice here. She finished well ahead of the rest of the field at Lingfield and although upped in class here she has a chance to make amends and get a win under her belt before being assessed again.

Well bred half sister to many prolific winners up to 18furlongs and staying won't be a problem if breeding is anything to go by. Prescott and Sanders have a 25% strike rate on the turf and have had lots of winners of late and have a real chance of winning this here. She'll enjoy the ground and trip as previously mentioned and despite probably being odds on I think she's value and I'll be having a max bet on her. She has the potential to go on to be an 80+ rated horse and will be in better races than this in the future and hopefully they see this as a nice easy one to start her winning spree! Will hopefully dictate this from the front and no better man than Sanders for doing that, She runs off 8-10 which is a nice low weight for her and I think she must have a brilliant chance here.

Lovely lady! Didn't lead from the front at all as she was so keen. Won well in the end though. Was nervous for a long way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

X PyRo, I dont bet big but I def owe you a beer sometime :D Im sure a few folk on here do too!

Thanks..

Mr Yellow wrote: »
    X PyRo, I dont bet big but I def owe you a beer sometime :D Im sure a few folk on here do too!

Thanks..

Cheers Mr Yellow! Nice to see her win it, Was one of my biggest bets in a while and made me sweat for a while! Thought she'd fly off in front but was at the back for most of it. :eek: Called that way off! Still done it well. :D

Thanks for your comment. :)

+5.42 today if I've calculated it right.

Bank 205.47pts (+105.47pts)

Slow and steady wins the race. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Decided to start following you today, increased my bank by about 30% (it wasn't that big anyway), thanks :D

Evening all, Been away the last few days so had no bets. Having a couple today all going well!

6:30 Leicester - Amitola - 2pts @ 9/2 (Various)

Hammered rivals on debut over 6f winning by 6 lengths, Went into a listed event next time out and performed respectively coming 5th of 12 and only 4.5 lengths away from the winner, Lots of room for improvement and this race looks winnable off this mark if handling the drop to 5f. Shaped as if 5f would suit last time. Half brother to the useful Damika who won a few weeks ago in a similar event to this. Very well bred and has one of my favorite sprint jockeys on board, Philip Makin. Trained by my favorite trainer also, And hopefully The Barron will have this fellow well tuned up for this after a 225 day break, It's the only horse David Barron is sending to Leicester so hopefully he sees it as an ideal chance to get a win in a decent race under his belt. He's the least exposed out of this lot, Has room for lots of potential and if handling the drop in trip I think he has a decent chance. Monsieur Joe is the main danger for me, Well drawn and was unlucky last time when becoming unbalanced coming down the hill at Newmarket but he's a bit high in the weights for me so I'll side with Amitola to beat him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

well comeback pyro was missing your selections yeaterday.. Barron???;):D

The Barron's the only man! Hopefully the horse runs to ability. Not a race for big stakes though. Only a small one. ;)

4:30 Bath - Brandywell Boy - .5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Will Hill)

Hopefully get this in on time, Cutting it short. Has won off this mark on turf before, Carrying 8-5 after Cray's 5lb claim is taken into account, Enjoys the quick ground and if recapturing some of his old performances he's sure to have place claims at least. Trappy little race and claims could be made for most of them but 10's looks good to me. As short as 7's in places. Stables horses running ok lately so I'll have a small e/w nibble at it.

• Advertisement

Get in ya boy ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Following you for a long while now, time I said thanks, keep up the good work. I just earned my drinking money for the evening :D
    this is the best thread ever

bazery wrote: »
    Following you for a long while now, time I said thanks, keep up the good work. I just earned my drinking money for the evening :D
    this is the best thread ever

Thanks a million Bazery, Going through a lovely lucky spell thank God! Long may it continue. Pays for a few drinks anyways. :D

6:30 Leicester - Amitola - 2pts @ 9/2 (Various)

Hammered rivals on debut over 6f winning by 6 lengths, Went into a listed event next time out and performed respectively coming 5th of 12 and only 4.5 lengths away from the winner, Lots of room for improvement and this race looks winnable off this mark if handling the drop to 5f. Shaped as if 5f would suit last time. Half brother to the useful Damika who won a few weeks ago in a similar event to this. Very well bred and has one of my favorite sprint jockeys on board, Philip Makin. Trained by my favorite trainer also, And hopefully The Barron will have this fellow well tuned up for this after a 225 day break, It's the only horse David Barron is sending to Leicester so hopefully he sees it as an ideal chance to get a win in a decent race under his belt. He's the least exposed out of this lot, Has room for lots of potential and if handling the drop in trip I think he has a decent chance. Monsieur Joe is the main danger for me, Well drawn and was unlucky last time when becoming unbalanced coming down the hill at Newmarket but he's a bit high in the weights for me so I'll side with Amitola to beat him.

No good, Went to 7/1 then well backed into 9/2 again but ran poorly.

The "danger" won it.

+4 points today.

Bank 209.47pts (+109.47pts)

Might have another bet soon. Disappointed with Amitola.

7:00 Leicester - Singbella - .5pts e/w @ 9/1 (Ladbrokes)

Last bet of the day for me, Performed well last time out when 3rd of 15 at Nottingham with first time cheekpieces seeming to do the trick after alot of below par runs. Runs off 8-6 which is a very low weight which I like over these middle distances, Capable jockey on board and if the cheekpieces bring a bit more out of here I think she has a decent e/w chance. Only low stakes but if running like last time then she could go close. Tentative choice but not without a chance. As low as 6's in places.

i didnt get on the last one didnt like the odds drifting.. and i missed the first one :( well done with that pyro..

Cheers dude, Only a few small bets today. Nothing I fancied much today, Bar Jollywood in the first at Bath but I didn't back it. :(

my betting has been few this past couple of days just nothing really catching me..

Hopefully there'll be a few tomorrow. Can't wait for Ascot! :) That'll be fun.

Singbella was 4th or so I think. (Edit : She was 6th, Radio were looking at the wrong horse!) Thought she'd get up for the place.

Bank 208.47pts (+108.47pts)

• Advertisement

PP are seriously pissing me off i got the last furlong of that race:mad: and their sh*te selections of footie they have on offer today aswel.. no probs thats me until tomorrow.. hopefully this drought is building up to something big ; )..

2:00 Salisbury - Akbabend - 1pt e/w

Was sent off 7/2 favorite in a similar event to this at Doncaster last week, Ran well for a long time just weakening in the final furlong. Was running off top weight that day which probably took its toll. That was his first race back on the turf since last August after three good runs on the AW including one win in a similar event at Wolverhampton where he won well. Robert Winston gets the leg up here instead of Royston French who was on him last time, A definite improvement in my opinion and Winston won on him before albeit from a 5lb lower mark but he ran very well that day and Winston got a good tune out of him and he's a jockey I rate highly. His record for Mark Johnston is brilliant also, They've a 27% strike rate from 70 races and a £1 level stakes profit of £45 which is extremely good.

Well bred and Dam (John Oxx trained) came second in a Group 2. Plenty of room for improvement and should enjoy the ground also, Trip is ideal and with Winston on board I think he has a great chance, Forecast at around 12/1 which looks very good indeed and with a little improvement and running to ability he could get his first win as a 4 year old. The Cecil horse Feathered Crown who will be favorite bar a big gamble is the obvious danger and one to beat but he's 8lbs higher than his win on penultimate start so he's definitely opposable, And they each way value lies with Akbabend in my opinion.

3:30 Doncaster - Poet's Place - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Powers - BOG)

Son of a former group performer who was 4th in a Group 1 and placed in Group 2 and Group 3 races. Won both starts by 4l including a handicap last time out on the AW at Lingfield where The Barron has a great record. This is an extremely tough class three race with 20 runners in it at the moment but I'm going to have a little e/w go at David Barron's runner here, If taking to the Turf on first attempt I think he has a good chance of at least placing, Has the pedigree to suggest he'll be a speedball and if continuing his AW runs then he has to have a good chance here, Upped 12lbs in the handicap mark after his win in February but only carries 2lbs more then that race due to the step up in class.

Phillip Makin takes the ride and he's a very good sprint jockey in my opinion and he was on board on Poet's Place's only two races so far, So he should hopefully know how to get the most out of him. He and The Barron have been in good form of late and with a bit of luck in running I think they could add to the tally. Not an ideal draw in stall 8 but with 4 places paid I think he should get into the top four at least. Depending on how the market goes tomorrow I might go back in for some more if there's a decent move as there usually is with Barron's fancied horses, Should have a good chance regardless, Assuming he takes to the Turf but breeding suggests it could well be ideal.

Akbabend was a donkey, Apologies lads.

Another 1pt on Poet's Place @ 6/1.

Poet's Place didn't pick up. Disappointed with that. Sorry men. Will see if there's anything interesting coming up.

I like Sirocco Breeze @ 4/1 in this next one at Salisbury. Might just watch the race instead of backing it!

Edit : Lucky I only watched it! Not my day.

4:05 Doncaster - Crunched - 1pt @ 5/1 (Bet365)

Only a small bet on this one, Spencer on board which is ideal for his front running style. Ran well last time out in a similar event and if handling the step up in trip I think he has a chance. One of only two rides on the day for Spencer, He has a 21% strike rate for Bell. His horses are going alright of late and this is the only one he sends out today. Looks a weak enough race but there's some unexposed sorts but I think he has a decent chance at the weights, Drawn soundly in stall one and should handle the ground no problems, The trip is the obvious concern but worth a small bet.

Top man Spencer!

Broke even today.

Bank 208.47pts (+108.47pts)

Not doing the reasoning as I'm wrecked! Having a few bets.

3:45 Carlisle - Breathless Kiss

.5pts e/w if it stays with 8 runners, .5pts if it goes under. Spencer on board, Ran well last time and if handling the trip she could well run into a place at least.

4:45 Carlisle - Rock Relief

This one has a serious chance IMO, 3pt selection. Sanders + Prescott + Recent form + Horse that previously looked crap = Enough said!

5:45 Carlisle - Ask Jenny

1pt. Sound claimer, Weak race has a good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

are you doing any ante post bets for Royal Ascot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement