Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No Ante-Post ones I don't think, Tempted to have one of my biggest ever bets on Canford Cliffs, Hoping he'll drift out a bit though, Albeit unlikely. :(

Will be doing a big preview tomorrow evening of the racing on Tuesday, Can't fecking wait man!! It's going to be some seriously class racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Good thread Pyro.

What's your ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

x PyRo wrote: »
    No Ante-Post ones I don't think, Tempted to have one of my biggest ever bets on Canford Cliffs, Hoping he'll drift out a bit though, Albeit unlikely. :(

Will be doing a big preview tomorrow evening of the racing on Tuesday, Can't fecking wait man!! It's going to be some seriously class racing.
    Love the enthusiasm dude :)

That St James' will be some race. Canford 7/4 fav with 3 horses that have beaten him already lining up. Think I'll have to be laying CC, 7/4 looks a bit small in such a competitive race. I think he could play up beforehand with the big crowds and could struggle to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

ask jenny is a non runner

Forky wrote: »
    Good thread Pyro.

What's your ROI?

Cheers Forky, No idea about the ROI, Should of kept track of it but I'd assume it's fairly low. Too lazy to go through all the pages to tally it up tbh!

Rock Relief was poor, Don't think I'll be backing him again although he'll probably win next time out, Breathless Kiss was 2nd. Ask Jenny is a NR. Tomorrow should be fun! 'Mon the Canford! :D

• Advertisement

You should start keeping records of bets.

Start a simple spreadsheet.

You should start keeping records of bets.

Start a simple spreadsheet.

No idea how to do it dude! What would it do ?. Just record the amount spent and returned etc ?. I'm just happy with the nice few quid in my accounts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

No idea how to do it dude! What would it do ?. Just record the amount spent and returned etc ?. I'm just happy with the nice few quid in my accounts. :D

ROI = (Amount Returned * 100) / (Amount Spent)

L'prof wrote: »
    ROI = (Amount Returned * 100) / (Amount Spent)

Yeah I know how to get the ROI alright, Cheers. Will do it after Ascot, Just too lazy to be arsed trawling through the thread tbh!

You're in profit and it's a great thread, I don't mean to be knocking it at all mate just giving an opinion here.

But other people can't be arsed to go through the thread either so they will have no idea what 100pts means.
    If somebody on another thread is 30pts to the good over the same period it won't mean anything. If they have a 30% ROI and you have a 3% ROI, it's almost certain that they are more successful.
    Or of course the other way around, if somebody else has a 400pt profit and has a 3% ROI and you have 100pts with a 30% ROI. Well then you're more successful.
    (level stakes ideally, sensible staking would do)

It's like looking at tipsters. Points mean nothing and can be ignored. ROI is always what you want to look at.

But profit is profit! It's a great thread, keep at it.

• Advertisement

You're in profit and it's a great thread, I don't mean to be knocking it at all mate just giving an opinion here.

But other people can't be arsed to go through the thread either so they will have no idea what 100pts means.
    If somebody on another thread is 30pts to the good over the same period it won't mean anything. If they have a 30% ROI and you have a 3% ROI, obviouly they are a lot more successful.
    Or of course the other way around, if somebody else has a 400pt profit and has a 3% ROI and you have 100pts with a 30% ROI. Well then you're more successful.
    (level stakes ideally, sensible staking would do)

It's like looking at tipsters. Points mean nothing and can be ignored. ROI is always what you want to look at.

I know exactly where you're coming from, BUT I'm not a tipster, I don't give "tips" , Nor do I do this for people to follow, It's my own personal log of all my bets that I've been doing since the start of the year. My accounts are showing big profits since I've started doing it and that's all that matters to me, Not the ROI. It'd be very low I'd say, Probably well below 10%. But I'll tally it up over the next few days just to know for sure. Thanks for your input Forky.

Yeah a spreadsheet is what you want Pyro. Just record your bets everyday and it makes things very easy.

Yeah a spreadsheet is what you want Pyro. Just record your bets everyday and it makes things very easy.

I'll try find out how to do it and I'll start one! Cheers.

I know exactly where you're coming from, BUT I'm not a tipster, I don't give "tips" , Nor do I do this for people to follow, It's my own personal log of all my bets that I've been doing since the start of the year. My accounts are showing big profits since I've started doing it and that's all that matters to me, Not the ROI. It'd be very low I'd say, Probably well below 10%. But I'll tally it up over the next few days just to know for sure. Thanks for your input Forky.
    I know mate. I was genuinely interested in what ROI you had achieved. Hadn't planned on mouthing on. :rolleyes:

Keep at it and best of luck for Ascot! I'll keep a check in.

I know mate. I was genuinely interested in what ROI you had achieved. Hadn't planned on mouthing on. :rolleyes:

Keep at it and best of luck for Ascot! I'll keep a check in.

Lol, no harm dude, Gets lonely in here anyways. :D

Hopefully you'll have a successful time if you're betting on it too, I rarely do well at the big meets but I thoroughly enjoy it! Should be some amazing racing.

I'll sort out the ROI by Friday. Thanks again. :)

You just meant a spreadsheet? It's handy enough, here's a sample one that will last for your first 2000ish bets...not amazing or anything. Funny how I got ROI wrong there :rolleyes: If there's anything else that needs to go in there, just let me know.

Thanks L'prof, I'll have to get a code for ms office as it has quit letting me use it now, Free trial ran out which I've just noticed. :( Thanks for your help with it, Much appreciated as I wouldn't know how to set it up! Fair play. :)

Edit : Where'd your post disappear to ?. :D

Thanks L'prof, I'll have to get a code for ms office as it has quit letting me use it now, Free trial ran out which I've just noticed. :( Thanks for your help with it, Much appreciated as I wouldn't know how to set it up! Fair play. :)

Whoops, deleted it there to add in commission. It'll work in OpenOffice, which is free. No need to get a key for Office.

Cheers I'll get that downloaded, Thanks for your help again. I'll just have to figure how to work it all properly now!

Cheers I'll get that downloaded, Thanks for your help again. I'll just have to figure how to work it all properly now!

It's not too complicated at all, just drop me a pm if you want to ask anything. I'm good with that kind of stuff, not so much with the betting though!

It's not too complicated at all, just drop me a pm if you want to ask anything. I'm good with that kind of stuff, not so much with the betting though!

Will do mate, Thanks for taking your time to help me. I'm clueless with excel or spreadsheets or whatever they are! Probably should of attended my computer classes at college!

• Advertisement

ASCOT!!! Going to be class. Regardless if I blow all my money or not, I still love these races! Here goes nothing.

2:30 Ascot - Goldikova - 5pts @ 7/4 (Ladbrokes)

Was originally going to go for Paco Boy in this, He's a class act but after looking at Goldikova's times I think she'll win this one. Still value @ 7/4. She's proven in this grade having won 8 group one races, She'll love the ground, Has a top french jockey on board and also gets a 3lb sex allowance here. Females have a terrible record in this race but she's something special. Only ever lost twice over a mile, Once due to the ground being heavy and the other when she came up against the top class Zarkava. She comes way out on top on most speed ratings, Has a brilliant turn of foot and knows how to win these races. I like Rip Van Winkle too, He has a lightening turn of foot and has beaten Paco Boy before, But he hasn't had a run this season and even with one he'd struggle to match Goldikova. It'll take something spectacular from the others to beat her, And I'm having a nice lump on her to hopefully start a thoroughly enjoyable few days of racing. If she turns up as the horse that she usually is then she'll win.

3:05 Ascot - Blue Jack - 1pt e/w @ 40/1 (Ladbrokes)

I can't see how he's a 40/1 shot to be honest. Poor effort last time out but I'll forgive him for that. Could of beaten Equiano on penultimate start but left the run too late and finished extremely fast, Has a great turn of foot from what I've seen of him and usually improves as the season wears on although that seems not to be the case this year as he won first time out and has got worse! Should handle the ground no problem drawn in stall 1 and Kingscote's only ride tomorrow and the only horse Dascombe is sending out. Tentative selection in a tough race to call but he's way overpriced in my opinion, Would need a massive step up to win the race but I think he could sneak a place at a lovely price.

3:50 Ascot - Canford Cliffs - 5pts @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes)

If the Canford Cliffs that turned up at the Irish Guineas shows up here then he'll win. They finally got him to settle in running and he routed a very good field. He finished behind Dick Turpin twice this season, Behind Makfi in the English Guineas also but I think we will see the beast unleashed tomorrow and he'll show his true worth. There's more to come from him and he'll improve again tomorrow if he settles like last time. Won so easily at The Curragh when looking short for room at one stage, Then getting a dream run and when Hughes said go he surely went! The English Guineas was also his first run over a mile, That's probably why everyone thought he wouldn't stay I'd say but that's madness! Third run over a mile tomorrow and I think it'll be his second win,.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

give me one more for a ew lucky 15 :D

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Canford cliffs worth a 1500 bet/?

No horse is worth that size of a bet dude! Unless you can afford it obviously, I'll be having a significant amount on him myself but that's only because of the winning I got off him in the Irish Guineas. Definitely don't put on the bet if you can't afford to lose it man.

Edit : Nice quick ninja delete :p

argosy2006 wrote: »
    give me one more for a ew lucky 15 :D

I've three more races to do man. Will be done soon. :D

4:25 Ascot - Klammer - 1pt e/w @ 25/1 (Coral)

Couldn't decide between the Hannon runner or the O'Brien horses so I'm going to go for the horse I think is good each way value. This fellow looks to have the potential to be a very good sprinter, Well bred from an Australian sire who produced some quick 2 y/o sprinters. This might be a step too far for him and his form hasn't exactly been franked at all but he seems a speedy sort who will improve against better horses and @ 25/1 he seems a bit overpriced to me. Lots of unknowns in this race most of which I haven't seen race so this is a bit of a throwing a pin at the paper job but I've watched him battle hard to win last time out where he rallied well under pressure, He'll like the ground and could sneak a place if others flop. A jockey on board that I don't really rate either but he has got two wins from two races on him and might be able to get the best out of him tomorrow, His times are decent and he'll go on to be a good animal, Place money would be lovely tomorrow!

Leaving the last two races alone actually, Couldn't call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

thanks man nice work

• Advertisement

Cheers dude, Really fancy Goldi and Canford, The two longshots are dodgy but who knows, Stranger things have happened. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement