Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Your right there sometimes its the horses who nobody thinks has a chance.
    I will be backing incase wouldn't want to miss out lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Gowan the Goldikova! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

;)

Blue Jack broke away far too slowly, Ran on well near the end. Keep an eye on him for next time.

matt1958 wrote: »
    ;)

:D you beauty.. pyro pints on me:D

• Advertisement

I can't even explain how much I love that horse. Unbelievable, I'm stunned!

Pyro you're a legend man..ida e20 double on the two..nice one..

x PyRo wrote: »
    I can't even explain how much I love that horse. Unbelievable, I'm stunned!

Stunned by all the money that just hit ya???:D:D:D... poor bookies kinda feel sorry for them.. NOPE:D

Pyro you're a legend man..ida e20 double on the two..nice one..

Well done man, Happy days. :D
    matt1958 wrote: »
    Stunned by all the money that just hit ya???:D:D:D... poor bookies kinda feel sorry for them.. NOPE:D

Stunned by how he won! He's unbelievable, Lost a shoe too lol. Such a class horse. The money helps too. :D

Klammer ran well to come 5th but I can't be greedy. :D Time to do the bank.

• Advertisement

+18.50 points today!

Bank 223.47pts (+123.47pts)

Going the right way after day one thank God. Oh happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

great stuff fella! keep it up!! ;)

Thanks very much Denny, I hate backing favorites at these meets but it paid off with them beauties today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Will be done the leaving cert on thursday, starting work on tuesday.. when I do start I am seriously following you.. You've really proven yourself to be a top man for the picks

Will be done the leaving cert on thursday, starting work on tuesday.. when I do start I am seriously following you.. You've really proven yourself to be a top man for the picks

Cheers mate, Means alot. Have had good success with my higher staked bets which is why I've a nice healthy profit but I suppose that's all that counts and long may it continue. :D

Going through the cards now and will have my Ascot Day 2 picks up soon. I <3 Ascot! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Cheers mate, Means alot. Have had good success with my higher staked bets which is why I've a nice healthy profit but I suppose that's all that counts and long may it continue. :D

Going through the cards now and will have my Ascot Day 2 picks up soon. I <3 Ascot! :pac:
    I love X pyro's Selections!:D

Lol, Cheers man. :D

2:30 Ascot - Shakespearean - 2pts @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Extremely impressive last time out winning at Epsom when scoring at the distance over 7f. Was giving weight away all round that day and managed to make all and never looked like losing. He was an impressive 2 year old for Mark Johnston and then moved to Godolphin, Made his debut for them in that race at Epsom wearing a tongue tie for the first time and it seemed to improve him, It's on again today. That was also his first appearance of the season which makes it all the more impressive, He'll come on for having that run and should be well able to take this Group 3 here if all goes well. Drawn right down the middle, Which show up as the best place to be, Should be even more effective with his front running style likely to be ideal. Ground is currently listed as "Good", He's unbeaten on this ground so hopefully it stays the same. As like last time, Frankie takes the ride, I like it when he wins on a horse that he's on for the first time, Doesn't happen very often from what I notice. Shakespearean has won a Group 3 race before, Beating some very decent sorts and should take all the beating tomorrow if running to ability and getting a good break. Tentative enough 2 point selection as it's a tough enough race to call but I'd go in larger if I just had a bit more guts! He'll put up a bold showing for sure.

3:05 Ascot - Sahpresa - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)

The only Group 1 winner in the field, Has to carry a 5lb penalty for being a Group 1 winner (This is a Group 2) but I'm hoping she'll be an each way bet to nothing. Goes very well fresh and has been ploying her trade in Group 1's of late. All 4 wins have come over this 1 mile trip and she's unbeaten on this good ground. She comes out well on all the speed ratings, Has an extremely good French jockey on board, It's his only ride tomorrow. Not much else I can say about her but seems to have the ability, speed, loves the ground and I doubt she's being sent over from France for no reason. Looks a tasty each way price @ 8/1 if replicating her Group 1 and running whilst fresh form. Antara looks the one to beat if replicating her impressive win at Epsom but I'd rather look for some e/w value for this one, It's a tough one to call but Saphresa could make her class count.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Lol, Cheers man. :D

2:30 Ascot - Shakespearean - 2pts @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Extremely impressive last time out winning at Epsom when scoring at the distance over 7f. Was giving weight away all round that day and managed to make all and never looked like losing. He was an impressive 2 year old for Mark Johnston and then moved to Godolphin, Made his debut for them in that race at Epsom wearing a tongue tie for the first time and it seemed to improve him, It's on again today. That was also his first appearance of the season which makes it all the more impressive, He'll come on for having that run and should be well able to take this Group 3 here if all goes well. Drawn right down the middle, Which show up as the best place to be, Should be even more effective with his front running style likely to be ideal. Ground is currently listed as "Good", He's unbeaten on this ground so hopefully it stays the same. As like last time, Frankie takes the ride, I like it when he wins on a horse that he's on for the first time, Doesn't happen very often from what I notice. Shakespearean has won a Group 3 race before, Beating some very decent sorts and should take all the beating tomorrow if running to ability and getting a good break. Tentative enough 2 point selection as it's a tough enough race to call but I'd go in larger if I just had a bit more guts! He'll put up a bold showing for sure.

wow that is a tough race, spent last 45 mins looking and i could make case for a lot of these, i think no bet for me, gl dude

clived2 wrote: »
    wow that is a tough race, spent last 45 mins looking and i could make case for a lot of these, i think no bet for me, gl dude

It sure is, Hence why I'm not going all in on it! Should have a great chance though, Lovely price too! Shouldn't be out of the top 3.

• Advertisement

Bypassing the 3:50, Can't call it but if Byword runs like last time he'll win, But I can make claims for too many in it!

4:25 Ascot - Please Sing - .5pts e/w @ 40/1 (Bet365)

Going for a mad outsider for this one, Group winner as a juvenile and shaped well last time out when 4l behind the impressive Antara, Seems a massive price @ 40/1 (Just missed 50's). Ran at this meeting in a listed handicap last year and came third off a mark of 100, Running off 92 tomorrow which looks very fair considering her return to form at Epsom last time. Runs off 8 stone 6lbs tomorrow which could well put her in contention if rekindling some of her old form. Capable jockey on board and will handle the trip and ground no bother. Usually takes a few runs to get the best out of her and she has had three this season and should be fit for this, Drawn high in stall 31 in this massive field, Might sneak a place if getting some luck and running well. Seems a massive price regardless, She'll win a decent race soon at a nice price, Could be tomorrow! Or she could come last.

5:00 Ascot - Meow - 2pts @ 4/1 (Ladbrokes)

Looked like she could be a very classy filly with the destruction of the field in her last race, Winning by 7 lengths when making all at Tipperary. Very well bred and well related to many winners, Her dam is a multiple Group winner from 5f to 1 mile including Cheveley Park and Temple Stakes. Will like the ground and has Johnny Murtagh taking the ride on her again, He was on her last time out too. Should come on for that last run too and seems to have a great chance at a nice price, Didn't beat much at Tipp but should relish the chance to ploy her trade again these better animals and I think she is the one to beat, Although she's joint 2 fav with most firms. Will take alot of beating once she gets to the front, Tongue tied for the first time too and trained by a top trainer, Will win one of this sort of event soon and hopefully that'll be today. 4/1 looks good value.

That's all from me, Best of luck lads.

Both well backed so far, Both ran poorly. Not my day.

Edit : Just seen Saphresa ran into the back of another horse.

Bypassing the 3:50, Can't call it but if Byword runs like last time he'll win, But I can make claims for too many in it!

4:25 Ascot - Please Sing - .5pts e/w @ 40/1 (Bet365)

Going for a mad outsider for this one, Group winner as a juvenile and shaped well last time out when 4l behind the impressive Antara, Seems a massive price @ 40/1 (Just missed 50's). Ran at this meeting in a listed handicap last year and came third off a mark of 100, Running off 92 tomorrow which looks very fair considering her return to form at Epsom last time. Runs off 8 stone 6lbs tomorrow which could well put her in contention if rekindling some of her old form. Capable jockey on board and will handle the trip and ground no bother. Usually takes a few runs to get the best out of her and she has had three this season and should be fit for this, Drawn high in stall 31 in this massive field, Might sneak a place if getting some luck and running well. Seems a massive price regardless, She'll win a decent race soon at a nice price, Could be tomorrow! Or she could come last.
    Took your advice on Byword and put 30 on him in the bookies at Lunchtime during work,Thanks again Boss!:D

ForzaKid wrote: »
    Took your advice on Byword and put 30 on him in the bookies at Lunchtime during work,Thanks again Boss!:D

Haha good man! I should of backed it. :( Pitty the rest lost.

Haha good man! I should of backed it. :( Pitty the rest lost.
    Unlucky with the rest actually!When I came on this and saw 'He Should win' I had no second thoughts!,Cheers again!

Good man, I just couldn't decide between him and Twice Over. I should of done the forecast! Ah well tomorrow's another day, Bets up within an hour. :D

- 7pts today.

Bank 216.47pts (+116.47pts)

2:30 Ascot - Zebedee - 3pts @ 9/2 (Will Hill)

Can't go too far wrong with Hannon and his two year olds, Won both starts impressively including one here over this distance. Set a decent time that day and should come on for the run. Has lots of ability and speed, Drawn in stall 9 of 12 which seems to be a sound draw over 5 furlongs. Should love the likely quick ground and will hopefully progress to be an exceptional sort, Impressed me last time out when asked the question he took off and ended up winning easily and if there's a strong pace tomorrow it could play to his advantage. Hughes always seems to get the best out of his mounts and if he can get into a good position on Zebedeeand produce him at the right time then he's sure to be in the shake up come the end. Dinkum Diamond and Dubawi Gold would be who I'd consider the dangers but Zebedee impressed me last time out, Although this is a far harder task but it's not beyond him.

3:05 Ascot - Eldalil - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (Will Hill)

Extremely well bred filly for the Sir Michael Stoute yard. Won a maiden at Newmarket last time out when shaping as if needing further. Sister to many impressive types who have won between 10 and 13 furlongs so she should stay this far. Massive step up in trip from 7f to 14f, But I doubt Mr. Stoute is sending her here for the scenery, The good ground should bring out the best in her, Along with the step up in trip and based on breeding she must have a chance, Unexposed and has shown she posses ability when winning her Maiden race last time out. Not thrilled about the jockey booking, He's very average and has never rode a winner for Stoute. Although he has won been close on many an occassion and gave Tazeez a good ride yesterday to grab third. He also had a winner at this meeting last year so maybe he'll get one more! Tough race to call with claims to be had for everyone in the field but I'll side with a bit of each way value, If she stays, She'll be there or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not much do I bet on flat-racing, but Dhearghaam in the 4.25 Ascot looks good (already put a few quid e/w on it). What ye think Pyro?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement