Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Not much do I bet on flat-racing, but Dhearghaam in the 4.25 Ascot looks good (already put a few quid e/w on it). What ye think Pyro?

Wouldn't put you off it mate, But looking at it hurts my eyes lol. It's impossible to call. Up in trip, Up 16 pounds on his mark and there's 29 runners in the race, It's impossible for me to call it. I like Balducci e/w, Although he's short enough but he's improving and will stay the mile too. Not backing anyone though, Just going to watch the mayhem unfold. :pac:

3:50 Ascot - Ask - 2pts @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Can't see past him for this race, Another from Stoute's yard that catches my eye. Has won first time out for the last 3 years and looks as if the step up in trip will do no harm. He has won at the course before, Although has been beaten three times here but I think the trip will suit him better than racing over 12f plus it'll probably suit him more than most of the others. I was really impressed with Manifest destroying a group two field last time out but he's very short in the betting and I'm not totally convinced he'll win this race this year. Ask is the classied horse in this race, Has been performing at the highest level and has this quickest turn of foot in my opinion, He'll more than likely stay this trip no bothers and he's the one to beat for me. Although it's a tough race but his class could tell in the end. Oh, I forgot to mention that the best jockey is on board too! Ryan Moore takes the ride, He's on fire of late and has a 45% win rate on this horse. Impressive jockey, Impressive horse, Impressive win ?

Zebedee only managed 5th, Don't know why he was kept right up with the leaders.

Eldalil ran very well and outstayed the rest to come second.

Ask didn't stay despite travelling very well for 2miles of the race.

Poor day, Sorry men. Bank to be updated later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

No apologies needed pyro still well ahead with the ones that came in..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

And betbuddy.mobi is soon to be listed in the elite Horse Racing Section :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I hope you were on Monterosso Pyro. Did brilliantly - think I have a new Dubawi favorite, him and Afsare.

Was surely my man! Just back home now after a night away, Hence why no selections today.

Class, Class horse.

Pyro can i get your thoughts on the 4.25 Ascot??

At the weights I like Tartan Gigha e/w but it's a tough race to call. Could have a chance but the favorite looks solid, But way underpriced.

more or less one winner then.. what odds would be value for the fav?? might have a wee dabble with tartan e/w

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go near him unless I could get 3/1 at least. He's 13/8 now, Far too short.

i'll see what odds it goes in race;).. cheers

Best of luck Matt.

11/10 was best..

Not worth the risk in a 15 runner handicap. Even though he did it nicely.

yeah defo.. just the fecking footie has been a shocker for me was tempted too go big on this.. thats why i had too ask you

7:45 Ayr - La Zamora - 1pt @ 14/1 (Sportingbet)

Impressed me last time out when finally being stepped up to 7f for the first time, That was on the all weather but has shown glimpses of talent on the turf before, Notably on first two starts over 6f but has been racing over 5 since then (Bar LTO). Up 6lbs for that but this doesn't look an impossible task at all. Makin takes the ride for The Barron and they have a 14% win rate with horses over 4 year olds. Makin rides the course fairly well and could well get the best out of this filly over what seems an ideal trip. Seems overpriced to me and I wouldn't be gone on the favorite who looks very short in the betting considering she's upped in class, Although will only be carrying 8 stone 2lbs but can't be having her at such skinny odds.

Poor effort, Better waiting until she's back on the all weather me thinks.

Bank 211.97pts (+111.97pts)

2:30 Ascot - Zaidan - 1pt @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes)

Impressed me on debut when winning a 5 furlong contest at Doncaster 6 weeks ago. Won by just over 2 lengths there and showed plenty of class and speed. Well bred and half sister to Ramooz who was a classy sort who won 4 Group 3 races and 2 listed races in its time over 7f and 1mile. Stepping up 2 furlongs here and based on breeding that could bring even more out of her. Has Seb Sanders on board again and he has been riding brilliantly this last couple of months, She's the only one sent here by Brittain and he and Sanders have a 12% win rate with 2 year olds and show a £22 profit to £1 level stakes. Comes out well clear on most speed ratings and the likely speedy ground should help. Drawn widest of all in stall 13, Not much of a bother if she is ran with similar tactics to last time when she sat in behind until the final furlong and over this extra distance I'd assume it'll be similar again. Should have a good chance if running to ability, But only small stakes being played due to it being such a trappy little race with so many unexposed sorts.

Not going near the 3:05. If Harbinger runs like he did on both runs this season he'll win.

Skipping the 3:50 also, Would go for High Standing each way if I had a gun to my head!

4:25 Ascot - Ingleby Lady - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Progressive filly for the David Barron yard and has the potential to improve even more and win this race. Won a class 2 race over 6 furlongs at York on penultimate start beating some decent sorts that day, Including Himalaya who went on to come second yesterday in a class two and hit 1.01 IR. Was dropped to 5 furlongs for the Scottish Sprint Cup but the trip didn't suit, Still managed to come 3rd but ran on too late. She's a half sister to many sprint race winners, The likely quick ground is a big plus too. Has Graham Gibbon on board today and he has a 25% strike rate for David Barron this season. She's up against a better class of horses today but is only carrying 8-12 which could put her in the mix of things in the latter stages if she gets a good run through. Drawn standside in stall 6 which is no harm to her chances in my opinion and she has place claims at least if running to a similar level of the race at York. It's the only ride for Gibbons tomorrow and he's a jockey I really rate and he has been in good form of late. She's not without a chance of winning this at a nice price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Hey Pyro,
    Any advice for a beginner at horse race bets?

dunno? wrote: »
    Hey Pyro,
    Any advice for a beginner at horse race bets?

I wouldn't really be able to advise anything dude, I'm only a beginner at it myself. Time and effort learning different things about racing paid off for me.

Plus spending alot of time on the www.letsbet.ie forum paid off. There's some really sound people there and that's where I went from being retarded at picking horses to being able to pick the odd winner! Some lads there know alot more about it than me.

Plus starting a thread where anyone can see your bets helps too! Stopped me from betting on stupid things and putting more effort into my picks. Time, Effort and a bit of luck are key.

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:30 Ascot - Zaidan - 1pt @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes)

Impressed me on debut when winning a 5 furlong contest at Doncaster 6 weeks ago. Won by just over 2 lengths there and showed plenty of class and speed. Well bred and half sister to Ramooz who was a classy sort who won 4 Group 3 races and 2 listed races in its time over 7f and 1mile. Stepping up 2 furlongs here and based on breeding that could bring even more out of her. Has Seb Sanders on board again and he has been riding brilliantly this last couple of months, She's the only one sent here by Brittain and he and Sanders have a 12% win rate with 2 year olds and show a £22 profit to £1 level stakes. Comes out well clear on most speed ratings and the likely speedy ground should help. Drawn widest of all in stall 13, Not much of a bother if she is ran with similar tactics to last time when she sat in behind until the final furlong and over this extra distance I'd assume it'll be similar again. Should have a good chance if running to ability, But only small stakes being played due to it being such a trappy little race with so many unexposed sorts.

Ding ding ding! Beautiful horse, Brilliant ride. :D

:D:D Boom!!! Well done pyro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

x PyRo wrote: »
    Ding ding ding! Beautiful horse, Brilliant ride. :D

Didn't think he'd make a move at all boxed up at the back for an age!! great stuff pyro!!:D:D

Every time I take a day off I always get a winner after it for some reason!

Keep an eye on the horse, She'll be a classy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Thanks alot Pyro I just made all the money back that I lost on the wc thanks to you! :D You da man ;)

Haha good stuff man! That World Cup is a disaster to call altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

harbinger in aswell! anyone see it?

• Advertisement

Seen it, Stunning performance from him. Didn't want to back an odds-on shot in a Group 2 race though. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement