Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

some money coming for Ingleby Lady was @ 17.00 now 13.00.. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Ran into the arse of another horse and that was her chances gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Still a good day pyro.. thanks for the tips..

Cheers dude, 50% Strike Rate today anyway. :D

+5pts today.

+13.5pts for Ascot so far.

Bank 216.97pts (+116.97pts)

• Advertisement

Only one for tomorrow, Off out tonight so putting it up early!

2:40 Pontefract - Buzz Bird - 1pt @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Very tentative one as this horse seems to be a donkey on the Turf but very effective on the AW. 4 runs on the AW at Southwell, 2 wins and 2 seconds. 6 runs on the Turf has produced a best effort of 7th place, But I think that she has more ability than she has shown on turf so far and could be in with a shout tomorrow in a weak filly's race. Ran well for a long time on turf at Redcar over this distance of one mile but faded over a furlong out after being bumped. Could well have more in the locker this time, Especially after an impressive win last time out at Southwell when scoring by 6 lengths but was eased down near the end and absolutely routed the field, Although it was a weak race but this one tomorrow isn't impossible. She was ridden up with the pace that day and if the same tactics are used tomorrow I think she could steal it from the front. The likely quick ground shouldn't be any harm at all and the jockey booking of Jamie Spencer seems significant as he's rarely required by David Barron. They have a 21% strike rate together, Although that's slightly skewed due to having a 48% strike rate on the AW from 31 runs but he usually does well for The Barron. He's also brilliant when riding from the front and if he can get doing that on Buzz Bird tomorrow then she could have a good chance. It's the only horse that David Barron sends out tomorrow and if she's out for the win she has a good chance, Will keep an eye on the market and if there's any significant move I'll be going in for more.

Poor effort from her yet again, Not going near her unless she's running on the AW at Southwell. Will see if I can find anything else for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

x PyRo wrote: »
    Poor effort from her yet again, Not going near her unless she's running on the AW at Southwell. Will see if I can find anything else for the rest of the day.
    Dont worry Pyro you might get the next one you pick out.

Thank you Sir. :) All Weather racing tomorrow so I'm sticking to it as it's my favorite! Here goes nothing.

3:30 Wolverhampton - Blue Zephyr - .5pts e/w

Been following this one for a while, Still a maiden after 9 attempts but has shown glimpses of ability numerous times without actually winning, Has been placed 5 times on 8 All Weather starts. She's well bred, Related to lots of winners over 5 and 6 furlongs and has lots of speed for this level but rarely seems interested when asked. Came second last time out, Beaten by 6 lengths by a horse who's quite effective on the AW but she was 5 lengths ahead of the 3rd placed horse and probably should of won if she had of kicked on when asked in the final furlong but seemed to stall. She's up in class here but will only be carrying 8-5 in this claiming stakes and has Franny Norton on board and he's prone to the odd big priced winner! It's one of only 2 rides for Franny tomorrow and he's riding well of late. She's forecasted at around 25/1 and that would be a lovely each way price if available come morning. She's drawn in stall 4 and low draws have a decent record here when there's this amount of runners. She's the only horse the trainer is sending to Wolverhampton today and if she reacts to the whip when asked I think she could have a decent chance of placing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

you seem confident but with only .5pts on her?

• Advertisement

whitts wrote: »
    you seem confident but with only .5pts on her?

Because she's a 25/1 shot and upped to a class 5 race, Can't be playing high stakes on a claimer though. Some speedy horses in the race too. She might sneak a place if I'm lucky. :) I'd also be very wary of the fact that she seems to find nothing everytime she's asked, Just hoping she reacts to the whip tomorrow.

5:00 Wolverhampton - Dimaire - 2.5pts e/w

Another with a similar profile to my other pick, Lots of speed but can't seem to win. She's still a maiden after 13 runs but has placed 5 times from 8 All Weather starts. Impressed me last time when coming 3rd in a higher grade than todays contest, Cathy Gannon was on board that day and gave her a nice ride, She takes the ride again. Dimaire is also drawn in stall number 4 which could give her a decent chance, Stall 4 has an excellent record over this trip with 12 runners in the race, Same stats when there's only 11 runners so hopefully no more than 1 drops out! Has weight allowance for her age and sex, Would be carrying top weight if it wasn't for that but instead is carrying the second lightest weight in the field. Should have a great chance of placing at least if continuing to run like she has on all her starts here. Although I think she has a great chance of winning now after showing that step up in trip suited her last time out. Max each way bet for me and my Nap of the day.

3:45 Lingfield - Sparkle Park - 2pts

Ran very well last time out when coming second of fourteen at 50/1. She's very well bred and related to many winners over similar trips, Stepped up an extra furlong now which could well suit, Judging by breeding it will for sure. Meehan has a good record on the AW with a 14% strike rate, Whilst when he and Tadhg O'Shea team up they've a 22% SR on the AW and an 18% SR overall, Showing a level stakes profit of £18.50. Their record with 3 year olds is even better again. The horse should have more than enough ability to win this race as it seems a very weak one to me, Especially considering she's only carrying 8-3 which will put her in the mix from a sound draw too. Not without a chance and should run well if replicating her previous run.

One final selection, Will have a nice lump staked tomorrow.

4:15 Lingfield - Orsett Lad - 2pts

Impressed me last time out when coming second and would of won if it wasn't for the poor apprentice on board. Won a similar handicap here back in January off a 2lb higher mark and with Robert Winston on board tomorrow then he could have a great chance. Drawn ok in stall 6 and could well take advantage of this lowly mark. Comes out well on most speed ratings and a replica of his run LTO could well prove good enough to win this race, Winston will be better in the finish than the apprentice who was on board last time. Stepped back up an extra furlong also which may well help is case, Breeding suggests he has a bit more ability than he has shown and off a mark of 55 he could get competitive in this extremely poor race. Not without a chance but not a race for big stakes.

Prices taken

20/1 for Blue Zephyr.

11/2 for Dimaire.

5/1 for Sparkle Park.

9/2 for Orsett Lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Blue Zephyr was one of the top 5 bets a while ago on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

blue zephyr didn't do too badly, bit outpaced towards the end, one to look out for in a class 6 i reckon.

dennymin wrote: »
    blue zephyr didn't do too badly, bit outpaced towards the end, one to look out for in a class 6 i reckon.

She just doesn't react to the whip for some reason. Any time she's hit she seems to slow down!

Sparkle Park looked like the winner for the first mile, Disappeared for the final furlong.

Decent move on Orsett Lad now, Please win!

Edit : No good, 4th or 5th. All down to the Nap now.

• Advertisement

Hope Dinmarie comes in, finish off the day with something anyway!

Would be nice but getting no luck at all! She's a nice horse though, And should have a good chance.

Edit : Only 3rd, Thank God she placed at least. Was well backed too. Ah well, Tomorrow's another day.

Edit 2 : -4.75pts today.

Bank 212.22pts (+112.22pts)

3:00 Brighton - Desert Liaison - 5pts

Well bred Dansili filly who showed glimpses of ability on only three runs, Given a lowly handicap mark of 67, And only carries 8-13, Could well prove to be alot better than that. She's trained by Mr. Noseda who's a class trainer in my opinion, And well able to get these sorts winning on debut. He has an unbelievable record at Brighton, Winning 19 from 40 with his 3 year olds here. She didn't run well last time out over 1m, Was well backed and went off 5/2 favorite but weakened in the final furlong and is now dropped back to 7f. She was an expensive purchase costing €200,000 so you'd assume she should be winning races like this if running to ability. Tom Queally takes the ride and he's a brilliant jockey, She's in a first time visor tomorrow which could well help get that extra ability out of her, If she doesn't win tomorrow I'll be backing her until she does as I think it'll be soon. The market will probably tell it's own story so I might go in for more at some stage, If she's being well backed. The forecasted price of 9/2 would be lovely!

That's the only one I can find for tomorrow so I'm changing it from a 3 pointer to a 5 pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

x PyRo wrote: »
    That's the only one I can find for tomorrow so I'm changing it from a 3 pointer to a 5 pointer.

So your confidence in the horse has changed from 3 pts to 5 pts because you have no other selections for the day. Seriously, this is a good thread and you post good selections but surely you are taking the p*** here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jimbobbyo

thedini wrote: »
    So your confidence in the horse has changed from 3 pts to 5 pts because you have no other selections for the day. Seriously, this is a good thread and you post good selections but surely you are taking the p*** here.

I don't see the problem! No other selections stood out so why not throw the max points on the only one that does?

thedini wrote: »

Hardly taking the piss. It's what I'm staking on the horse ffs. The staking isn't just my confidence it's how much I'm putting on it myself, I couldn't find another bet, So I increased my stake, Simple as.

100/30 taken.

Poor effort from her. Was well positioned 2f out but just didn't pick up.

balls anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

jimbobbyo wrote: »
    I don't see the problem! No other selections stood out so why not throw the max points on the only one that does?

Lol, so you would be happy receiving a max bet tip (even though the tipster clearly doesn't rate it as one) just because the tipster didn't have any other selections.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement