Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hardly taking the piss. It's what I'm staking on the horse ffs. The staking isn't just my confidence it's how much I'm putting on it myself, I couldn't find another bet, So I increased my stake, Simple as.

100/30 taken.

It's called discipline.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

thedini wrote: »
    Lol, so you would be happy receiving a max bet tip (even though the tipster clearly doesn't rate it as one) just because the tipster didn't have any other selections.

Who the fcuk said I'm a tipster ?. This is my own log, I can do what I want with my money so if you don't like it then get out, Simple.
    It's called discipline.

It's called mind your own business and get out of my thread.

What's with the attitude. Yes you do claim to be a tipster. Your thread lol, it's a public forum and I was actually trying to offer advice as to why you shouldn't increase your stakes just because you have limited selections. But you as a tipster should know this.
    posted on betbuddy.mobi

Best Bet of the Day – June 21st – Free Horse Racing Tips
    by James on June 21st, 2010

No I don't claim to be a tipster, That headline was changed on me for google ranking, Notice all the other ones don't mention it, Well done genius.

I'm not a fcuking tipster, I can do what I want with my money, And I can change a 1pt selection to a 100pt selection if I want.

You're not trying to be helpful at all, Your making the assumption that I'm a tipster when all I do is give my opinions, Here and on other sites. So just get out of my thread, And never post in it again or you'll just go on the ignore list.

No I don't claim to be a tipster, That headline was changed on me for google ranking, Notice all the other ones don't mention it, Well done genius.

I'm not a fcuking tipster, I can do what I want with my money, And I can change a 1pt selection to a 100pt selection if I want.

You're not trying to be helpful at all, Your making the assumption that I'm a tipster when all I do is give my opinions, Here and on other sites. So just get out of my thread, And never post in it again or you'll just go on the ignore list.

Yea I should have guessed that you weren't a tipster and only claiming to be one for google ranking purposes -my bad. So when it suits you, you claim to be a tipster lol. But anyway don't want to clutter up YOUR thread in case you put me on ignore. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your selections and keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Sorry Pyro for keeping the arguement going but dini wouldn't it been worse if Pyro hadn't of told anyone it was a 3pt selection that was put up to a 5pt one??? Because if he hadn't of said it i would of put my max on it thankfully he said it so i took caution with my stake..

Yea I should have guessed that you weren't a tipster and only claiming to be one for google ranking purposes -my bad. So when it suits you, you claim to be a tipster lol. But anyway don't want to clutter up YOUR thread in case you put me on ignore. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your selections and keep up the good work.

I didn't change it ffs, Get that into your head. I'm not the owner of the site, I only post things there to help him out.

I like to have a couple of bets per day, Usually staking around 7 or 8 points per day and that's it. I could only find that one yesterday (Although it proved to be crap) so I increased MY STAKES on it, Posted that I had edited it. I don't see why you brought it up anyways ? This is MY log, I can do what I want. I'M NOT A TIPSTER, I make no monetary gain (Bar the betting obviously) from this or posting it anywhere else, I just post my opinions and people can make of it what they want.

Anyways, All the best.

Going to have a couple of bets at Newbury.

6:20 Newbury - Aegean King - 1pt e/w @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Well bred colt who is yet to win but was well gambled on last time out suggesting they were expecting a big run for him but he just couldn't get there in the end, Finishing 3l behind the winner in 4th. He was stepped up from 5f to 1m that day and takes a further step up to 1mile 3 furlongs today. Looked like the further he'll go the better and this step up in trip should definitely suit, Based on breeding it shouldn't be a bother. Has a decent 5lb claimer on board, Which mean he'll only be carrying 8-11. Should have a decent chance if running like last time where he seemed to need more distance and got no luck in running, I don't think he'll be out of the first 3 at least, But this is an apprentice race so anything could happen but he's sure to have a decent chance off this mark.

8:30 Newbury - Sea Of Heartbreak - 1pt @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Very well bred daughter of Rock of Gibralter, Related to many winners and she has notched up 3 victories in a row and seems to be on the right side of the handicapper for the moment at least. This looks a trappy race to call but she showed plenty of speed last time out and judging by that race the extra furlong shouldn't be a bother, She likes the quick ground too. Steve Drowne is on board and he's a very capable jockey and has a 15% strike rate for Charlton. Should have a good chance in this race, Soundly drawn, Ground in favor and seems to have lots of class, Only putting on a small bit though as it's a tough one to call.

Going to have a couple of bets at Newbury.

6:20 Newbury - Aegean King - 1pt e/w @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Well bred colt who is yet to win but was well gambled on last time out suggesting they were expecting a big run for him but he just couldn't get there in the end, Finishing 3l behind the winner in 4th. He was stepped up from 5f to 1m that day and takes a further step up to 1mile 3 furlongs today. Looked like the further he'll go the better and this step up in trip should definitely suit, Based on breeding it shouldn't be a bother. Has a decent 5lb claimer on board, Which mean he'll only be carrying 8-11. Should have a decent chance if running like last time where he seemed to need more distance and got no luck in running, I don't think he'll be out of the first 3 at least, But this is an apprentice race so anything could happen but he's sure to have a decent chance off this mark.

Another 1 point @ 7/2 with Coral, Well fancied apparently and money going on now.

Edit : Poor again, After my 8.30pm bet I'm stopping for a few days at least. Having a terrible run of it.

Bank Updated, Just assuming the last one will lose.

Bank 203.22pts (+103.22pts)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

you'll bounce back again mate !

8:30 Newbury - Sea Of Heartbreak - 1pt @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Very well bred daughter of Rock of Gibralter, Related to many winners and she has notched up 3 victories in a row and seems to be on the right side of the handicapper for the moment at least. This looks a trappy race to call but she showed plenty of speed last time out and judging by that race the extra furlong shouldn't be a bother, She likes the quick ground too. Steve Drowne is on board and he's a very capable jockey and has a 15% strike rate for Charlton. Should have a good chance in this race, Soundly drawn, Ground in favor and seems to have lots of class, Only putting on a small bit though as it's a tough one to call.

Finally!

Your too good not too get one.. I wasnt on ive got a footie bet going just waiting for Germany now..

matt1958 wrote: »
    Your too good not too get one.. I wasnt on ive got a footie bet going just waiting for Germany now..

Thanks as always Matt, Just going through a terrible spell where everything I touch loses! Going to soldier on and hopefully get a couple up tomorrow, Lowering my stakes for a while too.

Hopefully Germany win for you, I'd say they will. :)

Bank 205.72pts (+105.72pts)

Feck taking a break, Time to study for tomorrow's cards.

Thanks as always Matt, Just going through a terrible spell where everything I touch loses! Going to soldier on and hopefully get a couple up tomorrow, Lowering my stakes for a while too.

Hopefully Germany win for you, I'd say they will. :)

Bank 205.72pts (+105.72pts)

Feck taking a break, Time to study for tomorrow's cards.

Thats all we can do:D i know the feeling because what seem forever there the WC bets werent doing anything for me and your horse picks were saving me.. i hope so pyro because its a sizeable stake on it.

Right I've spent two hours studying a couple of races, Here goes nothing.

3:05 Carlisle - Flowing Cape - .5pts e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Speedy sort who has been in fine form of late, Winning recently off 3lbs lower at Leicester then ran into trouble numerous times last time out but still managed to come 3rd less than a length off the winner in a similar contest to this, Also at Leicester. He's a well bred son of Cape Cross and related to many sprint and middle distance winners, He'll love the likely quick ground tomorrow and there should be enough pace to set the race up perfectly for him. Paul Pickard is on board, He's a decent 5lb claimer and has ridden this fellow to victory already this month and gave him a good ride last time out when struggling to find room, Will only be carrying 8-12 due to the claim and that's certainly a plus for me. Should have a good chance of placing at least, Major Phil is the obvious danger, Fallon on board for Cumani but he has a 6lb penalty to live with and top weight should make it difficult for him. Small each way bet on Flowing Cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Right I've spent two hours studying a couple of races, Here goes nothing.

3:05 Carlisle - Flowing Cape - .5pts e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Speedy sort who has been in fine form of late, Winning recently off 3lbs lower at Leicester then ran into trouble numerous times last time out but still managed to come 3rd less than a length off the winner in a similar contest to this, Also at Leicester. He's a well bred son of Cape Cross and related to many sprint and middle distance winners, He'll love the likely quick ground tomorrow and there should be enough pace to set the race up perfectly for him. Paul Pickard is on board, He's a decent 5lb claimer and has ridden this fellow to victory already this month and gave him a good ride last time out when struggling to find room, Will only be carrying 8-12 due to the claim and that's certainly a plus for me. Should have a good chance of placing at least, Major Phil is the obvious danger, Fallon on board for Cumani but he has a 6lb penalty to live with and top weight should make it difficult for him. Small each way bet on Flowing Cape.
    appreciate the effort Pyro, best of luck ;)

Thanks Noel. :) Hopefully it'll be a good day for a change.

4:40 Carlisle - Atlantic Beach - 1pt @ 9/2 (Boyles)

Has only won once from fifteen attempts but has been shaping lately like he could be about to get another victory soon. Went off far to quick last time out and faded near the latter stages coming 6th of 19 but was only 4l behind the winner, Stepped back to 5f now, His penultimate race at Ripon was also over 5f where he came 2nd, Beaten by a neck and hit 1/10 in running and should of won, The winner of that race has also won again. Has the very underrated Silvester Da Sousa on board this time and he could be the one to get him over the line, Da Sousa shows nearly £250 to £1 level stakes which is outstanding. He's a very capable sprint jockey and has a 14% win rate over this distance on the Turf. Should have a very good chance if he gets to set the tempo and is soundly drawn in stall 5. Currently around 4/1 on BF and hopefully he's around that price come morning, Has a good chance IMO. Noodles Blue Boy will probably be the one to beat, But he's carrying nearly 10 stone so I can't be having him on those terms.

One more for tomorrow.

3:50 Salisbury - Comedy Act - 2pts @ 9/2 (Boyles)

Typical improver for Sir Mark Prescott who is now going for a hat-trick bid, He's in a muc tougher race now after being stepped up from a class 6 to a class 3. Brilliantly bred son of Motivator and related to many classy types, Stepping up a further 2f for this race and that will do him no harm, Shaped as if further would be ideal last time out and he'll go well on the ground. Seb Sanders takes the ride and he has been riding brilliantly this last couple of months and could well dominate this from the front like he did in his recent victory although he'll have plenty of competition for the lead here. Comes in here off bottom weight, Carries 8-8 and rated 75 by the handicapper, Could well prove to be alot better than a 75 rated horse in the future, And will hopefully do the job here. Maxim Gorky is very interesting, He cost 420,000gns and is a son of Monteju, He's probably the main threat but looked very one paced last time out, So hopefully the Prescott runner will prove the best of the lot.

good man pyro! back on it again! best of luck mate!;)

• Advertisement

atlantic beach is in!! glad she came in for you !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

dennymin wrote: »
    atlantic beach is in!! glad she came in for you !! :D
    me to thanks man ;)

Thanks men! Thought it was going to be another shocker of a day. I owe Mr. De Sousa a drink. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jimbobbyo

Thanks men! Thought it was going to be another shocker of a day. I owe Mr. De Sousa a drink. :D

De Sousa has had an incredible day with 2 long shots placed, what a jockey. Nice call pyro he was backed in to 9/4 favourite on pp before the race

Cheers Jim, It's a nice change to get a winner!

Bank 208.22pts (+108.22pts)

2:35 Goodwood - Scorn - 2pts

Seems to find it hard to win, Came 2nd on last four outings but the form from most of those races is good enough to win this. Was 2l behind Sea Of Heartbreak who won well yesterday off a mark of 85. Scorn drops back into a class 5 filly's maiden race now, She's stepped a further 2 furlongs now and that's exactly what she needs to get the elusive victory. Related to many winners, Including a few over this trip, She comes out top on most of the speed ratings and should have a very good chance here. The quick ground will do her no harm, The draw should have no effect as she seems to like coming off the pace. William Buick takes the ride for John Gosden and it's the only horse Gosden sends out tomorrow. He has an 18% strike rate at the course and shows a small profit to level stakes. She should have a good chance if handling the step up in trip (Which I think she will) and the Stoute horse, Ship's Biscuit should ensure a decent price, 2/1 or so would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Need your help man,Bay Swallow in Tipperary tomorrow night,last race, has been given to me by a mate and he said he should easily win.Do you think he has a good chance??

ForzaKid wrote: »
    Need your help man,Bay Swallow in Tipperary tomorrow night,last race, has been given to me by a mate and he said he should easily win.Do you think he has a good chance??

I've no clue about Irish Racing man, Career High mark, A poor jockey on board who has only won 20 from 500 races and the horse is up against Schelm who's a very good hurdler and looks off a useful mark in this race. Plus your horse only seems to win at Tramore. :pac: I wouldn't go near it unless I had solid word for it. It may well bolt up, But currently only 4/1 on Betfair which looks poor value for its chances. Hope it wins for you man.

3:20 Newcastle - Tartan Gunna - 1pt @ 5/1 (Bet365)

Going to give this fellow one more chance, He's back down to 3lb lower than last winning mark and gets in here carrying a featherweight 8-7. Phil Robinson takes the ride and he's a very good tactical rider in my opinion and could be exactly what this horse needs on board as he likes to come late. Robinson doesn't usually ride for Johnston but they have a 15% strike rate from 70 races and show a decent profit to level stakes. Johnston's horses usually go well enough around here. The horse has lots of ability and speed but hasn't been showing it of late but with the likely fast pace being set by Justonefortheroad then it may play into his hands. The blinkers are reached for now to hopefully perk him up and if he gets a clear run for once I think he could be bang in contention come the final 50yards. 5/1 looks a decent price for him if he runs like he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ForzaKid wrote: »

Your mate isn't from Waterford by any chance? Got told about Bay Swallow yesterday myself, gonna have a small punt on him.

• Advertisement

3:20 Newcastle - Tartan Gunna - 1pt @ 5/1 (Bet365)

Going to give this fellow one more chance, He's back down to 3lb lower than last winning mark and gets in here carrying a featherweight 8-7. Phil Robinson takes the ride and he's a very good tactical rider in my opinion and could be exactly what this horse needs on board as he likes to come late. Robinson doesn't usually ride for Johnston but they have a 15% strike rate from 70 races and show a decent profit to level stakes. Johnston's horses usually go well enough around here. The horse has lots of ability and speed but hasn't been showing it of late but with the likely fast pace being set by Justonefortheroad then it may play into his hands. The blinkers are reached for now to hopefully perk him up and if he gets a clear run for once I think he could be bang in contention come the final 50yards. 5/1 looks a decent price for him if he runs like he can.

Called it exactly as it happened, Lovely ride from Robinson. Brilliant. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement