Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Do you pick em all yourself, your EWs are saving some points, thats good
    Good luck tomorrow,

Every one of them mate, don't like to rely on tipsters to pick my horses. :D

Although my picks sometimes do overlap with some tipsters' picks but i usually have mine up the night before them, but once i've seen them tip them then i fear it'll lose. :pac:

Day 5 - Wolverhampton

4:20 - Kersivay - 1pt @ 7/1

Catterick winner in April and has run pretty well in defeat on last 3 visits here, including at this trip. Handicapped to go close, and cheekpieces may evoke bit more, good jockey too and in with a shout in a tight enough race to call.

4:50 - Brazilian Brush - 1pt @ 7/1

Back to best when trouncing rivals over this trip at Southwell earlier in the month. Twice let supporters down under a penalty since, though, in trouble long way out at Kempton on Wednesday, was my Nap too and let me down big time, in with a shout here hopefully at a nice price.

5:20 - Jord - 1pt @ 8/1

Twice successful at up to this trip here in 2009. Back to a similar level when close third over C&D earlier in the week and entitled to be in the mix again.

5:50 - Tanley - 2pts @ 9/2 - NAP

Back to form with a vengeance last twice, winning at Lingfield prior to getting touched off by Know No Fear at Kempton last weekend. Every chance if continuing in same vein.

6:50 - Novikov - .5pts e/w @ 14/1

Won twice in 2008 for John Gosden. Well held both starts in 2009 for Gary Moore, but recent good runs over hurdles for current yard could prompt a better showing on Flat return.

7:20 - Nakoma - 1pt @ 8/1 - NB

Bumper/hurdle winner who thrived on Flat at back-end of last year, winning twice, including off this mark over C&D. Not disgraced back here last time and obvious one for any shortlist, good jockey on board too and should be in the mix in a tight race.

7:50 - Take It There - 1pt @ 4/1

Well held when last seen on the level in September, but has since landed back-to-back 2½m chasing victories, so stamina not an issue tried over this far for the first time in this sphere, top jockey on board who could well get him over the line in first hopefully.

Points Staked - 8pts

Extra Bet -

1:10 Lingfield - Cozy Tiger - 1pt @ 4/1

In from 8's, massive gamble here and wanted to see would there be money against the favourite here before backing, still think 4's are value and hopefully it's landed.

Drifting like a barge now. Out to 13/2.

2nd. :(

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    1:40 - Monterosso - 1pt @ 3/1

Half-brother to 3 winners in Australia. Green on debut sole start at 2 yrs when mid-field in 7f polytrack maiden. From a top/in-form stable and should improve, top jockey too and in with a shout for sure.

Another 2nd.

1:45 - Stonecrabstomorrow - 1pt @ 2/1

Enjoyed a productive 2009, and continued where he left off when scoring in claimer over C&D earlier in month. Reliability counts for plenty at this level, and he may well go in again.

No need to guess where he came, 2nd again. :rolleyes:

Hitting the woodwork non-stop.

2:40 - Winning Show - 3pts @ 5/2 - NAP

Enjoying successful time of things, successful over fences and on 2 of last 3 AW starts. Perhaps would have made it 3 from 3 with more use made of him last time and goes off same mark here.

Lots of money down for him here, in to 5/4 now. Fingers crossed.

Lots of money down for him here, in to 5/4 now. Fingers crossed.

:rolleyes: Didn't look like he even tried. Fuck sake.

3:15 - Dunaskin - 1pt @ 2/1 - NB

Winning hurdler who had looked regressive in this sphere prior to a couple of seconds here this winter. This is easier, and could well be able to dictate.

3rd. Need Wolverhampton to save me again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'm in the same boat as you, alot of 2nds and winning show last :rolleyes:

3:45 - Elusive Warrior - 2pts @ 9/4 - NAP

Going for a hat-trick of C&D wins. Double penalty makes things tougher, though there's no doubting he's in top form, along with his stable in general.

And you've guessed it, 2nd again!.

Woddle wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you, alot of 2nds and winning show last :rolleyes:

Disaster today!. Few more days like this and i'll be bankrupt!.

Get in there steel city boy :D

Get in there steel city boy :D

Was on Namir myself, whenever i back the favourite they do feck all, when i back an outsider the favourite wins. AHH!!.

4:50 - Brazilian Brush - 1pt @ 7/1

Back to best when trouncing rivals over this trip at Southwell earlier in the month. Twice let supporters down under a penalty since, though, in trouble long way out at Kempton on Wednesday, was my Nap too and let me down big time, in with a shout here hopefully at a nice price.

Non-runner. Forgot to replace him.

May as well give up!!, worst day in a while. :(

Bank - 79.75pts (-20.25)

Very bad day today, apologies if anyone followed any horse from my thread, it was useless information.

2 left to run, no doubt they'll be donkeys too. :o

I'm down also by 6.5 pts with a 2pt bet in the last on Crimson flame to win, normally I'll have a staking plan and only bet on a race once the other is done but last night I decided to see what would happen.
    Hopefully will have better luck tomorrow on Naas, Huntington and Kempton, def no AW :D

I'm down also by 6.5 pts with a 2pt bet in the last on Crimson flame to win, normally I'll have a staking plan and only bet on a race once the other is done but last night I decided to see what would happen.
    Hopefully will have better luck tomorrow on Naas, Huntington and Kempton, def no AW :D

Yeah thank god we're gone from the AW, usually do well in the handicaps but it's gone to shite the last few days for me. :(

Tipped Kickahead here a few days ago and he lost, backed him in alot of his races, and what happens now when i don't back him ?. Wins @ 6/1. :(

Need a few gallons of cider tonight. :D

• Advertisement

Day 6 - Kempton

12:25 - Anak - .5pts e/w @ 6/1

Winning start over hurdles at Plumpton in November, vulnerable to anything progressive under his penalty, but should be still there or there abouts still imo and worth an e/w shout @ a forecasted price of 8/1

12.55 - Mad Max - 3pts @ 4/5

Very big, strong gelding who was the best of these over hurdles, but not seen since shaping as if possibly amiss in Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle. Ought to make up in to at least as good a chaser. We'll be lucky to get evens in the morning i reckon. Will probably be 8/11.

1:30 - Punjabi Army - .5pts e/w @ 20/1

Lightly-raced gelding who stepped up on previous form when second in 3m novice at Newbury in February. Has shaped like a horse with problems both starts since though and headgear reached for, still worth an e/w shout at a nice price in an open race.

2:05 - Son Histoire - .5pts e/w @ 10/1

String of placed efforts to his name over hurdles, and shaped better than finshing position suggests on chase bow last month. The type to make chaser, but not sure he wants this sort of test, but taking a chance at a nice price.

2:45 - Keki Buku - 3pts @ 7/1 - NAP

Progressive form in novice hurdles in 2008/9, and further improvement when a ready winner at Leicester last month. Has a great chance here imo and could go close.

3:15 - Donaldson - 1pt @ 12/1

Failed to complete a few times but boasts a good strike rate. Bad mistake 4 out cost him dear when second at Worcester when last seen in August and no easy task now switched to a handicap on return, top jockey on board though so hopefully could go in at a nice price.

3:45 - First Avenue - 1pts @ 6/1

Landed novice event at Plumpton in March, but resolution called into question on several occasions. No doubting his ability and good effort last time out.

Points Staked : 11pts

Day 6 - Huntingdon

12:45 - Meet Me at Dawn - .5pts e/w @ 9/1

Poor jumper, and though dropping down the weights, is hard to be positive about given the amount of likely improvers in opposition.

1:55 - Bobble Hat Bob - .5pts e/w

Signs of promise in bumpers/novice hurdles, but looks more of a long term project and handicaps probably on agenda after this.

2:25 - Nautical Approach - .5pts e/w @ 9/1

Inconsistent maiden who made a reasonable enough start to chasing here last month. Could have a chance of a place here.

3:00 - King Diamond - 1pt @ 7/2

Low-grade inconsistent maiden chaser who'd have strong claims on form he showed when twice placed in November. Whether he'll show it here, though, is anyone's guess.

3:35 - Gunnasayso - 1pt @ 8/1

Gone backwards since good third off a higher mark on return from a summer break over 2½m at Hereford in October. Possible drop back to this trip will suit, though, so wouldn't rule out, and could go close.

Points Staked : 5pts

Day 6 - Lingfield

1:00 - Clear Sailing - 5pts @ Evens - NAP

Straightforward and reliable front runner in this grade, as he showed when adding another win to his CV over C&D last time. Clear chance of following up on these terms.

2:10 - Rapid City - 1pt @ 8/1

Multiple winner on AW over the years. Showed ability was still intact when fifth in C&D claimer on return from a break last month and fair claims if proving as good for new in-form stable.

2:40 - Lisahane Bog - 2pts @ 9/4

Going from strength to strength in handicaps, landing fourth win on the trot when leading close home over 7f at Wolverhampton. Ought to be suited by this trip and may have more to offer.

3:40 - Luberon - 1pt @ 8/1

The pick at the weights on his best form, better than the bare result on his last 2 starts, pulling hard on both occasions. Fair chance he'll come good sooner or later for in-form yard.

Points Staked : 8pts

Nass picks will be up in the morning.

All the best tomorrow guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Mine are up Pyro.
    Laughable I'm sure :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Nass picks will be up in the morning.

All the best tomorrow guys.

Nass, finally some good racing,
    you pick alot, must take for ever to sort your bank,
    good luck tomorrow

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Nass, finally some good racing,
    you pick alot, must take for ever to sort your bank,
    good luck tomorrow

Doesn't take me long at all, i pick them by points stakes not a level stake so despite backing alot it's clearly visible which are my best rated. Although a few bad days whilst backing alot of horses will wipe me out. But i've some extra cash so i can afford to lose my bank but obviously don't want to!.

And thanks, same to you. :)

12:25 - Anak - .5pts e/w @ 6/1

Winning start over hurdles at Plumpton in November, vulnerable to anything progressive under his penalty, but should be still there or there abouts still imo and worth an e/w shout @ a forecasted price of 8/1

1st. :)

Good start to the day.

12:45 - Meet Me at Dawn - .5pts e/w @ 9/1

Poor jumper, and though dropping down the weights, is hard to be positive about given the amount of likely improvers in opposition.

2 from 2. Beauty!!. :D

• Advertisement

12.55 - Mad Max - 3pts @ 4/5

Very big, strong gelding who was the best of these over hurdles, but not seen since shaping as if possibly amiss in Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle. Ought to make up in to at least as good a chaser. We'll be lucky to get evens in the morning i reckon. Will probably be 8/11.

3 from 3 now. :D

Wins @ 5/6.

The bank needed this little run!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement