Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

And it continues. Fuck.

God I hate these losing runs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

that was some run from the winner:eek:.. some fecking speed

Unreal, One to keep and eye on for sure, And the two behind her. They'll be in with a good shout next time out. Into the tracker they go!

Bank 189.22pts (+89.22pts)

Going in reverse now, 30 points gone in a couple of weeks. It'll change soon hopefully.

It will.. Any ideas were too find results from faroe islands???:D

Cheers Matt. No idea, I don't follow football of such high quality. :D

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers Matt. No idea, I don't follow football of such high quality. :D

LOL :cool:..

2:30 Haydock - Madany - 5pts

Very well bred Filly with lots of speed and ability, Having her third run now after being second on first two starts, Really should of won last time out but went left when joined in the final 100 yards and threw away the race, Hit 1/50 IR and should of put it to bed easily. She cost 130,000gns and is a Half Sister to 6 winners who were all very good two year olds, Some Group and Listed winners also and her Dam had lots of stamina, Won over 13f. She'll go on to race over further I'd say but should be good enough to win this race.

She is trained by the wonderful Barry Hills, This is his only runner out tomorrow and he has a splendid record at the track, Winning with 18% of the horses he has sent here and many others placed. He shows an impressive level stakes profit also. His son, Michael Hills takes the ride, He has a good record on track also with a 17% strike rate. His brother Richard was on board last time out and he's not as good as Michael in my opinion and I think he'll be able to get this horse over the line in first if she runs to the same level as last time out.

The Mick Channon runner, Soraaya, Is the only danger in the field in my opinion. She won easily last time out but it was against horses of less calibre than she faces here with Madany in the race. It is between those two in my opinion, I can't see the other progressing enough to beat either of these and Madany will hopefully be the one to become victorious here, She will be carrying 5lbs less weight than Soraaya although Ryan Moore being on board is worth a few lbs but I think the Hills horse is the more likely type, And will improve to be a classy Filly in time. She's hovering at around 6/4 on the fair and that'd be a nice price come tomorrow. She was beaten first time out by Hortensia who already had two races under her belt and with a 5lb swing here and the natural progression of the Hills horse I can't be having her at all. Looks like the second string Channon horse also, If jockey bookings are anything to go by. Max bet for me, Hopefully will break my terrible form here.

3:10 Yarmouth - Rough Rock - 1pt

2lbs above last winning mark and has been shaping up well enough of late, Ran well for a long time last time out when beaten by 5l in a higher grade than this. Loves it around here having won here 3 times out of his 4 career victories. Stepped up to 7f now which has proved too far in the past, Probably will be reflected in his price but I think he shaped as if needing a little bit further last time out, Poor jockey would be a slight worry, Always seems to run better when there's less than 10 horses and there's only 8 at the moment and no doubt one more will pull out to make each way betting virtually pointless so I think the small field could also play in his favour. He's bred to stay this far and I think the breeding suggests he could well fair better over 7f even though previous attempts suggest otherwise. I'll take a small chance with minimum stakes. I think Tell Halaf is very opposable, I'd certainly rather Spencer on board than Turner and the horse needs alot of luck in running although getting 8lbs due to age allowance will help but he doesn't float my boat at the quoted prices. Kuanyao looks high enough in the weights and also goes poor fresh, Turf form doesn't justify this mark either, Worth a place lay I'd say. Especially if it drop to 2 places paid. Medici Palace will do better handicapping but has headgear on and that would suggest it's not the most straight forward and she looks short enough in the betting too. I'll go with a speculative bet on Rough Rock at likely prices of around 10/1 or so.

Madany @ 13/8 with Bet365.

Rough Rock @ 12/1 with Stan James.

Happy with those prices, Paid off staying up all night. Assuming one wins of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Soraaya is a non-runner.

I backed Madany at what is now, odds-fecking-on :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TouchMe

Glad I got up early this morning now and got 13/8 on Madany!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

TouchMe wrote: »

But there'll be a Rule 4 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

TouchMe wrote: »
    There will be a Rule 4 btw, 40 cent I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TouchMe

:( And there's the drawbacks of waking up early, brain not functioning properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

perth 2.50

long wait 7/1

Wins anyways, Feck the NR. :mad:

Naughto, Wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

still, a win is a win, and somewhere to start of from fella, what was the penalty in the rule 4?

Yeah happy with the win, I just thought he'd beat the horse who was pulled out, I'd say the owners of that one knew it too!

35p in the pound. Leaving me +5.28 so ended up with just above even money, Happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

sorry pyros posted in the wrong form my bad had the two of them open had long wait at 8ta 1 20 win and i did the madany as well

No problem man, I've done similar myself before. :D Well done with Long Wait, And Madany, Good day for you. :D

• Advertisement

Happy to break my horror run. Could of been 2 for 2 with a bit more luck, Rough Rock came 2nd. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

fairplay pyro, pitty odds were SO bad...

i threw a 10 quid double on your pickmadany and then Ezdeyaad @ HAYDOCK 3:30

will know the story in a few mins!...

edit: ginger jack won, ezdeyaad in 3 place!

whitts wrote: »
    fairplay pyro, pitty odds were SO bad...

Not really, I ended up with above even for a horse who should of been alot less. Happy enough with that to be honest, Considering her only danger was removed from the race. :D

Unlucky with your double man.

7:25 Epsom - Abraham Lincoln - 1pt @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Putting this up a bit close to the time but I think this fellow has a good chance. Repeatably hampered last time out over C&D, Unable to get a clean run through either. Has plenty of speed and ability and should be suited by the pace that will be up front in this one. He has been running well of late but not getting the luck he needs in running and I feel he could have a decent chance here if the gaps open at the right time, Jack Mitchell is on board and he's a jockey I really rate, He's 5 from 18 at the course and show a great level stakes profit at the course, And he's a very capable sprint jockey. He will hopefully be able to get the best out of this well bred horse who has never won a handicap but is 17lbs lower than his highest mark, Should be suited by the course and not without a chance if things fall his way. The trainer doesn't send many here, Only 10 have went here for him and he's yet to find his first winner. This is his only one out tonight and he'll hopefully put up a brave showing. Small bet for me. We Have A Dream looks the big danger, Likely to be up at the head of affairs dictating the pace and could be hard to peg back but I fancy he could end up setting it up for my selection.

Well backed into favorite, No good. Got the wrong one coming off the pace.

Bank 192.50pts (+92.50pts)

Good work pyro.. I got on after the other horse was pulled:rolleyes:!!! Evens:eek: for a 4 horse race VERY NICE:D..Why didn't you back Rough Rock E/W @ 12/1?

Just over evens, Crazy even with the R4. :D

No point going e/w when it's only 2 places and a short priced fav, Should of but didn't want to risk the money!

Ah that makes sense:D.. Didnt realise it was only 2 places..

Yeah I hate going e/w in those races, No real point. Glad to just get a winner today, Even if it's a shorty but she won so well. Lovely horse, And should go on to better things. Here's hoping tomorrow is profitable too, I'm on a shocking run of crap! :o

• Advertisement

How are the ones shaping up for tomorrow?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement