Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Been spending the last couple of hours going through the cards, Nothing leaping out just yet. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

No rest for the wicked eh:D..

Damn right. :pac: Just need to end this horrible run, 10pts profit tomorrow or else I'll deem it failure!

10pts i like the sound of that:D.. Curious here.. Do you know your strike rate on this thread?

Nope haven't a clue man, I was going to tally everything up but I've been busy lately so haven't had the chance, I'll get it done in the next few weeks. I'd imagine it's something like 20%.

• Advertisement

Thats not bad considering your kinda of new too the horses if my memory serves me right:confused:..

It's alright, Correct staking is the best job. I'd imagine my 3pt plus bets would have a far higher SR, Not sure until I sort it.

Only at it a year, Taking it seriously 3 or 4 months probably. Up a mini fortune from it.

well your on the right track mate keep at and keep learning the strike rate can only go one way :D.. talk too ya in bit grab something too eat

Cheers as always Matt, Top man. Hopefully I'll improve at this crack, Takes lots of time. Not made a bad start though, Long may it continue. :D Talk to you soon. :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers as always Matt, Top man. Hopefully I'll improve at this crack, Takes lots of time. Not made a bad start though, Long may it continue. :D Talk to you soon. :)

I can only imagine Pyro when i read your write ups you look at the trainer SR @ track the jockey's SR @ the track and the SR of the jockey and trainer together and then you have too still look @ the horse:eek::confused::D.. Too much for me

• Advertisement

All that and every other horse in the race, Which I don't include in the write ups or else people wouldn't read them. :pac: I could write over 1,000 words for a single race easily, Might start doing more on them at some stage but I only get a chance at night as I'm at other stuff during the day so I rarely get to bed until 6am. :D

Nuts man but appreciated.. Gonna shut up now let you get on with your work:D

I enjoy it, Little else to be at from 10pm on. :D No problem to reply either, Only takes a second. :pac: Cheers Matt.

2:20 Sandown - Cheveton - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (Powers)

Very interested in the fact that Philip Robinson is on board this fellow, 2lbs below last winning mark now, Has won from a 7lb higher mark and has won over C&D, Likely rain overnight should help his cause, As long as the ground isn't GF or Firm then he'll prove to be way over priced in my opinion. He's stepping back to 5f after a 5 length defeat over 6f which is a distance too far for him. He's 7 from 22 over 5f and long overdue a win after 3 poor runs this season although before he won his most recent victory his form read 0-5-0 so he does tend to come off a few bad results and gain victory.

Philip Robinson is on board today as mentioned earlier, Only ever had 5 rides for this trainer and they read 1-2-2-5-3 which is very good obviously, He's a brilliant jockey in my opinion and can give a wonderful tactical ride and get the most out of a horse which hopefully he does with Cheveton today. He rides the course very well with a 13% strike rate and a good £1 level stakes profit. The trainer doesn't often visit here but is 7 from 50 giving him a 14% SR at the course and a £29 profit to level stakes. His horses usually go well here and Cheveton is the only one he sends tomorrow. I think he's in with a decent chance if the ground isn't too fast, Certainly look overpriced but I'll only have a small e/w bet on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Jaysus man, do you ever sleep?

Rarely my man. :D I can sleep when I'm dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

I useda say that too, but guess im a hypocrite as im logging out shortly!!
    Keep it country man.

P.s. Im sure you'll find that titanic soon, the one which will sink those bookies once & for all...:cool:

Cheers man, Hopefully some day. :D Need a bit of luck someday soon anyways. :pac:

2:30 Doncaster - Astronomical - 2pts

Tough enough little race to call with claims for nearly every horse in the race but the Hollinshead horse caught my eye, Came 4th last time out after having an 8 month break and will come on for having that run. Came second over C&D off a 1lb higher mark last year running very well for a long way and a repeat of that performance could see him in the money today. Tom Queally was on board him the last day and with that experience of getting to know the horse I feel he could well help the horse win today, Was only beaten by 2l last time out behind Magnitude who now has a 6lb penalty which I think will rule out his chances unless he steps his game up big time. Hollinshead has a poor record at the track but over this distance he has an impressive £70 profit to £1 level stakes and a 13% Strike Rate. The yard haven't made a trip here since this month last year and despite having numerous runners out tomorrow this is the only one they send here, Queally only has three rides tomorrow also. Likely to be around 7/2 which is a fair price in my opinion, Has good claims if coming on for that run.

Looked for another couple of hours there and can't find anything jumping out at me. Will have one for the evening probably.

• Advertisement

3/1 for Astronomical.

I don't think the ground as it is will suit Cheveton. Might sneak a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I don't think the ground as it is will suit Cheveton. Might sneak a place.

Cheveton is 4.2 to be in the place market.

Rocket Bob's times are very impressive though, but not a fan of Ryan Moore.

Would prefer more than 4.2 tbh, Bloody ground still too fast despite it lashing down there last night. Ah well! Rocket Rob looks well alright, Should go close. I like Secret Asset too, Fecker of a race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ryan Moore is a twat.

Lol, Should of been winning that. Cheveton found the ground far too fast, Feck.

2:30 Doncaster - Astronomical - 2pts

Tough enough little race to call with claims for nearly every horse in the race but the Hollinshead horse caught my eye, Came 4th last time out after having an 8 month break and will come on for having that run. Came second over C&D off a 1lb higher mark last year running very well for a long way and a repeat of that performance could see him in the money today. Tom Queally was on board him the last day and with that experience of getting to know the horse I feel he could well help the horse win today, Was only beaten by 2l last time out behind Magnitude who now has a 6lb penalty which I think will rule out his chances unless he steps his game up big time. Hollinshead has a poor record at the track but over this distance he has an impressive £70 profit to £1 level stakes and a 13% Strike Rate. The yard haven't made a trip here since this month last year and despite having numerous runners out tomorrow this is the only one they send here, Queally only has three rides tomorrow also. Likely to be around 7/2 which is a fair price in my opinion, Has good claims if coming on for that run.

There was a jockey change due to Queally being stuck in fecking traffic FFS which left Winston on board and the retard sat him in behind the leader. What an absolute idiot.

Couldn't kick on :(..

Hadn't a hope when that clown Winston stuck him in behind, The horse should of been dictating the pace, Not his fault at all. It's the jockey, I backed it because there was a jockey on that knew how to ride him, Not one that was on for the first time. :(

And the horse was trying too get too the front early on but he held it back..:mad: To55er:)

• Advertisement

Don't know what he was at, What can ya do! Should be some option of getting out of the bet once you see the original jockey isn't on board. That horse would of done alot better with someone who knew how to ride him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement