Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

x PyRo wrote: »
    Don't know what he was at, What can ya do! Should be some option of getting out of the bet once you see the original jockey isn't on board. That horse would of done alot better with someone who knew how to ride him.

Send him back too jockey school:D..

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Back in business tomorrow with hopefully a couple of winners. Had a few days off so hopefully the luck returns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

if theres a jock change you can get your bet void,happened with hanagan today i got my stake back as he wasnt riding due to injury,this was in a shop though so online could be different but i doubt it

SRFC wrote: »
    if theres a jock change you can get your bet void,happened with hanagan today i got my stake back as he wasnt riding due to injury,this was in a shop though so online could be different but i doubt it

Cheers man, Pity I never knew that or the bet would of been removed for sure! I didn't know Queally was stuck in traffic until I went downstairs to watch the race and they mentioned it just before the off. Too late to do anything about it then! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

jays pyro your very quiet lately, no bets?...

• Advertisement

Doing the first one at the moment. I took a weekend break to hope my luck changed. Cleaned up at the football in the meantime!

Back in business.

Bank 189.50pts (+89.50pts)

3:00 Bath - Ask Jenny - 1pt

Hampered at the start last time out and ended up last of five. I've been expecting this on to win for a while now but she hasn't been able to win off anything higher than this mark which is the same as her last winning mark. Ran here before coming second on softish ground last year in a race which she should of won, Hopefully she can go one better here in what looks a fairly weak contest and is very winnable if she runs to ability. Trained by Pat Morris and boarded by Richard Hughes who doesn't often ride for Morris but has a 16% SR for him and won when last booked for him in May of this year. He also has only had one ride at the track for him which was the winners in May, So hopefully he can make it two from two. Ask Jenny is the only horse sent out by Morris here tomorrow so hopefully she's out to do a job, Richard has good form on here also, It reads 1-3-7-4 so she obviously runs decently with him on board, Ran well at the track before, Back to last winning mark, Dropped in class, Will love the conditions & soundly drawn. Lots of positives for her and I think she could go well at a decent price, Likely to be around 8/1 or so which would be nice.

3:30 Bath - Sheila's Bond - 1pt e/w

Impressed with her last two runs and the 4 length defeat to Captain John Nixon could prove to be the best form in the race. First time running away from the polytrack and if taking to the turf I feel she has a decent chance. Stepping back to a more suitable distance of 1m2f after running over 2f extra last time out. Decent 7lb claimer on board which will leave her carrying bottom weight and she's sure to have a decent chance running off that. Place claims at a minimum and around 8/1 on the exchanges at the minute, Would be a nice price come morning but anything around 6/1 would be acceptable. One of only two out for the trainer tomorrow, Both boarded by this rider who has an 18% SR for the trainer, Well drawn, Looks a speedy enough sort and the quick conditions may well suit her style. Not without a chance here, Forty Thirty looks the danger, Price is way too short considering the near one year lay off. Recent winner Under Fire would also be of interest but may be hindered with the weight. All the rest look exposed and find it tough to be involved so I'll go with the likely third favorite to beat them all.

3:00 Bath - Ask Jenny - 1pt

Hampered at the start last time out and ended up last of five. I've been expecting this on to win for a while now but she hasn't been able to win off anything higher than this mark which is the same as her last winning mark. Ran here before coming second on softish ground last year in a race which she should of won, Hopefully she can go one better here in what looks a fairly weak contest and is very winnable if she runs to ability. Trained by Pat Morris and boarded by Richard Hughes who doesn't often ride for Morris but has a 16% SR for him and won when last booked for him in May of this year. He also has only had one ride at the track for him which was the winners in May, So hopefully he can make it two from two. Ask Jenny is the only horse sent out by Morris here tomorrow so hopefully she's out to do a job, Richard has good form on here also, It reads 1-3-7-4 so she obviously runs decently with him on board, Ran well at the track before, Back to last winning mark, Dropped in class, Will love the conditions & soundly drawn. Lots of positives for her and I think she could go well at a decent price, Likely to be around 8/1 or so which would be nice.

15/2.
    3:30 Bath - Sheila's Bond - 1pt e/w

Impressed with her last two runs and the 4 length defeat to Captain John Nixon could prove to be the best form in the race. First time running away from the polytrack and if taking to the turf I feel she has a decent chance. Stepping back to a more suitable distance of 1m2f after running over 2f extra last time out. Decent 7lb claimer on board which will leave her carrying bottom weight and she's sure to have a decent chance running off that. Place claims at a minimum and around 8/1 on the exchanges at the minute, Would be a nice price come morning but anything around 6/1 would be acceptable. One of only two out for the trainer tomorrow, Both boarded by this rider who has an 18% SR for the trainer, Well drawn, Looks a speedy enough sort and the quick conditions may well suit her style. Not without a chance here, Forty Thirty looks the danger, Price is way too short considering the near one year lay off. Recent winner Under Fire would also be of interest but may be hindered with the weight. All the rest look exposed and find it tough to be involved so I'll go with the likely third favorite to beat them all.

6/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

15/2.

Well done, was 13.0 on Betfair shortly before the off.

I backed it the other day when it ran and lost so didn't back again today :o

• Advertisement

Asked Jenny and she surely responded. :D Thank the lord! Needed a winner.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Well done, was 12/1 on Betfair.

Cheers man, That's how it goes. Always happens to me, She's a hard one to catch right though, Loved the ground today and no better man than Hughsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

well done lad!...

whitts wrote: »
    well done lad!...

Thank you Sir. :D

I see Hugh Taylor has put up my second one. That'll definitely lose now. :(

8/1 winner and Shelia's Bond got no run at all, Just pipped for a place, Should go close next time out. The Hugh Taylor jinx as usual.

+6pts

Bank 195.50pts (+95.50pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

she was hampered a bit going in and out, couldn't get a bit of space

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Well done, was 13.0 on Betfair shortly before the off.

Got it at 9.0 bout 7 mins before on PP.

dennymin wrote: »
    she was hampered a bit going in and out, couldn't get a bit of space

I don't think any horse won that I've ever selected and Hugh has also. He's a stupid jinx for me. :pac:
    Got it at 9.0 bout 7 mins before on PP.

Good stuff Drav, Lovely price due to the drift. The Betfair price was mental though. 11.02 SP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Good stuff Drav, Lovely price due to the drift. The Betfair price was mental though. 11.02 SP.

T'is all thanks to you mate!

T'is all thanks to you mate!

Thanks man, Caught her on the right day. She's usually impossible to get right. Won't be backing her until she falls down the handicap mark again. She never wins above a mark of 58. :pac:

• Advertisement

6:50 Ripon - Sultan's Choice - 2pt @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes)

Expected this one to be winning races since he won second time out, Hasn't had much luck since then and has had numerous average jockeys on board since but ran with credit most of the time, Can be forgiven for his run last time out when unable to get a clear run. If he gets one here I think he'll win. Has the speed and ability and looks well in at the weights here backing in a seller. Silverster De Sousa is on board and there's no better man at the moment, He's on fire of late banging in winners left right and center. He's a very strong capable jockey and should be well able to get his horse going well, Sit him in a nice position and run on late to hopefully snatch it. He's the ideal jockey for what this horse needs, He's not often booked by David Evans but he's 2 from 8 when he has rode for him. The horse will love the ground, Drawn well, Went well at the track before, Great jockey and likely to get the race run to suit. Should go very well and hopefully win. Minortransgression has the best form in the race by a long shot, Beaten less than half a length by Monterosso before, But all that form is on the All Weather. Looked very poor on turf last time out and could well struggle again. Can't be having him at best priced 6/4 so I'll side with the Evans runner.

Only 3rd. Was well backed but not good enough.

Minortransgression was poor again.

Bank 193.50pts (+93.50pts)

Nothing more for the evening. Back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

hi pyros is there a site that keeps tracks of horses that certain owners are running on any one day .i use the paddy power site for most of my bettings

naughto wrote: »
    hi pyros is there a site that keeps tracks of horses that certain owners are running on any one day .i use the paddy power site for most of my bettings

www.timeform.com/free

Go to "trainers" and enter whoever you are looking for. It'll show up all the horses they have out for the day. You can do the same with the jockeys.

If you meant actual owners and not the trainers, Then I don't know!

yea i ment owners but ill have a look at the site that you posted thanks .

on othere question is there any way of tracking horses at all

naughto wrote: »
    yea i ment owners but ill have a look at the site that you posted thanks .

on othere question is there any way of tracking horses at all

Don't know of anywhere for owners, Wouldn't provide any profit either I'd imagine.

Yeah, www.GG.com have a good tracker, Set up an account there and enter your horses, They e-mail you whenever they're running so that's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Keep up the good work Pyro !

Naughto, you can serach by owners on racingpost.com and see their entries etc.
    And track horses on irishracing.com using the horse tracker tab, you'll get an email every time they're entered...

thanks ghostown thats what i was looking for

Cheers Ghost, One profitable day will hopefully lead to another. :D

Annoying thing was that Ask Jenny should of been a 2pt selection, But I left it at 1 by accident! Missed out on another 8 points for the thread due to stupidity. :pac:

• Advertisement

Busy day for me with plenty of bets for tomorrow, Could be hitting 5 or 6 bets as Wolverhampton and Southwell are both on tomorrow, Along with Pontefract. Three of my favorite tracks.

3:00 Pontefract - Sadler's Mark - 1pt

Very well bred type who flopped on handicap debut but should come on for that experience, Has lots of ability and scope for improvement, Still lightly raced having only had 4 starts so far. Well backed last time out but just couldn't get going, Dropped 2 furlongs, Dropped in class and carrying less weight also due to weight allowances for age. This race doesn't look like it'll take alot of winning and if the horse can settle I expect him to be in with a good shout, Looks well handicapped and could go on to be an 80+ rated horse. Good trainer and the booking of Jamie Spencer looks interesting, He only has two rides here today and this looks a better proposition than his ride later in the day. He has a 25% SR with 3 y/o's for Tom Tate, Spencer rides the track well with an 18% SR at the course also which is impressive. He could well get the most out of this horse, Depending on what tactics he uses. Doesn't seem to be alot of pace in the race which could suit his style. Sitting at around 7/2 on the exchanges at the minute, Forecast at around 6's which would be nice. Should have a good chance off these weights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement