Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

do ya have any thing for to morrow,won some good money on the football this evening

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

naughto wrote: »
    do ya have any thing for to morrow,won some good money on the football this evening

I will have in the next couple of hours man. Corsica in the first at Newmarket is a definite bet for me anyways.

Time to get the show on the road! Couple of shorties catching my eye, And a couple of longer prices too. First bet is a shorty but quite confident.

1:30 Newmarket - Corsica - 3pts @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Can't really get my head around why he's 5/2, I was expecting shorter than that. Ran in a Group 3 contest last time out over 2 mile and ran creditably but tired in the last couple of furlongs out. Ended up coming 4th, Only 4 and a half lengths behind Mikhail Glinka who is a very classy sort indeed. Dropped back 3f now to a more suitable distance of 1m 5f and will stay this distance no problem. Frankie was on board last time out and takes the ride again, He has won before on him and will know exactly what to do with him, More than likely will try to make all as he has done on many an occasion, He is lightly raced and has won 4 of his 9 career appearances to date. Frankie rides the course brilliantly and has a 22% strike rate here and could well be adding another winner to that here if all goes to plan. Johnston & Dettori have been in good form over the last 2 months or so and I expect them to continue it here. I can only flag up one main danger, Which is the improving Haggas horse Harris Tweed, He came up against Corsica before and beat him by just over 5 lengths but that was in a handicap where Corsica was giving him 18lbs, Today they'll be running off level weights of 9 stone which obviously makes me favor the Johnston runner alot more. They're nearly identical in price and I can't really get my head around it, Harris Tweed broke the course record at Musselburgh that day but that was running with 18lbs in hand on very good ground, I know he'll improve but I don't feel he can beat Corsica with both running off the same weight, The Johnston runner has the best 1m 4f form by a long way in this race and has plenty of scope for improvement also. May not get his own way up front here but no better man than Dettori to give a good tactical ride, He'll love the ground and the trip is ideal. I don't think he'll be beaten here so I'm having a medium sized bet on Corsica.

2:00 Newmarket - Libranno - .5pts @ 9/1 (Powers)

Small speculative bet here but I feel this fellow has the potential to be a very classy sort. This may come too soon but I'm very tempted by the price in a 5 runner field. Form stands up alright, The horse he beat went and won a good maiden next time out by 8 lengths. May get his own way up front and with Ryan Moore on board anything could happen, From the Richard Hannon yard also and their 2 year olds have been on fire. Looks a good price in a small field, Although Elzaam will be hard to beat judging on Ascot form behind Strong Suit but that form is there to be broken. Approve was also impressive but has to carry a penalty and steps up in trip. Neebras looks potentially class but I reckon my selections maiden win was more impressive. Libranno could be anything but has ability, Lot's of speed and could improve enough to challenge if the rest don't run to their Ascot form. Worth a tiny win bet.

2:35 Newmarket - Arlequin - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (Powers)

Looks well overpriced, Seems a reaction to his run at Epsom in which he was hampered and only managed to come 9th but it was a decent run considering he was hampered and was only 7 lengths off the pace. That race was a similar one to this and he's carrying 10lbs less in weight here, Running off the same mark but I think carrying less weight always comes in handy in such a race, He'll only be running off 8st 7lbs, Should help his chances. I feel if this fellow gets a clear run he's in with a serious chance, Runs on late and has a brilliant turn of foot. If the gaps appear I think he'll be hard caught, Lots of pace in the race and it should suit his style, Graham Gibbons on board and he's a jockey I think very highly of, Lovely rider and gets the best out of his horses. He's in good form of late also and this is one of only two rides for him tomorrow so hopefully he can make the most of it. Doesn't often ride for this trainer but they've a 12% strike rate, Although their 3 year old strike rate is poor, But hopefully will increase here. I feel the horse is certainly overpriced, It has lots of ability and speed, Stays the trip with ease and loves the quick ground. If he didn't have his last run he'd be a 8-10/1 shot at most. Looks massive @ 20's and if getting some luck he can nab a place at least. Tough race to call but not without a chance and should get a race ran to suit. Not sure who the dangers are, There's too many of them, Not a race for big stakes so just a small e/w bet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    <snip>

<snip>

Sounds like a banker to me!!!

Time to get the show on the road! Couple of shorties catching my eye, And a couple of longer prices too. First bet is a shorty but quite confident.

Can't really get my head around why he's 5/2, I was expecting shorter than that. Ran in a Group 3 contest last time out over 2 mile and ran creditably but tired in the last couple of furlongs out. Ended up coming 4th, Only 4 and a half lengths behind Mikhail Glinka who is a very classy sort indeed. Dropped back 3f now to a more suitable distance of 1m 5f and will stay this distance no problem. Frankie was on board last time out and takes the ride again, He has won before on him and will know exactly what to do with him, More than likely will try to make all as he has done on many an occasion, He is lightly raced and has won 4 of his 9 career appearances to date. Frankie rides the course brilliantly and has a 22% strike rate here and could well be adding another winner to that here if all goes to plan. Johnston & Dettori have been in good form over the last 2 months or so and I expect them to continue it here. I can only flag up one main danger, Which is the improving Haggas horse Harris Tweed, He came up against Corsica before and beat him by just over 5 lengths but that was in a handicap where Corsica was giving him 18lbs, Today they'll be running off level weights of 9 stone which obviously makes me favor the Johnston runner alot more. They're nearly identical in price and I can't really get my head around it, Harris Tweed broke the course record at Musselburgh that day but that was running with 18lbs in hand on very good ground, I know he'll improve but I don't feel he can beat Corsica with both running off the same weight, The Johnston runner has the best 1m 4f form by a long way in this race and has plenty of scope for improvement also. May not get his own way up front here but no better man than Dettori to give a good tactical ride, He'll love the ground and the trip is ideal. I don't think he'll be beaten here so I'm having a medium sized bet on Corsica.

iam after backing him hers hoping my good streak pays off again

yessssssss thank you pyros ya beathy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Pyro, you're beginning to amass a huge following here. Keep up the good work!
    Must back a few of your selections soon! :)

2nd win of the day thanks to pyros tips had Libranno ive a feeling
    its going to ba gud day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Thanks so much x PyRo! I needed something after the German's letting me down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Doocey wrote: »
    Pyro, you're beginning to amass a huge following here. Keep up the good work!
    Must back a few of your selections soon! :)

Backed both corsica and librianno in singles. Also have librianno and arquelin in an e/w double. If arquelin comes in I'll have a pint on you pyro :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

what a run from liberano. great stuff pyro back in the groove :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

2:00 Newmarket - Libranno - .5pts @ 9/1 (Powers)

You sir are a man amongst gods... or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

You're on fire boi! :D

did Contract Caterer e/w
    in the 2:35 new market and going ta stick some
    Arlequin ew as well

dont no why this is in bold

Cheers all, I'm delighted to say the least. :D Libranno is going to be some horse, Unbelievable run.

Let's hope Arlequin can do the job, But I think my daily luck is long used up at this stage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Good to see you back to winning ways, A double today excellent ;)

3rd not bad thankfully id each way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Each way does it for me! Thanks again :)

• Advertisement

Cheers men, Thought we were on the winner at one stage.

Arlequin ran really well and just lost second in the last strides to come third. 20/1 place will do me nicely. :) Great day altogether. I think I'm better off only backing horses at the bigger meetings as I do quite well at them, It's the class 5 and 6 races that kill me!

Thanks to all for looking, Days like this make the time and effort well worth it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Well done PyRo, great to see you galloping thru! :o
    Had a patent ew on those selections, shame that i bet only pittens though ha.

Keep up the great work mah man. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Cheers men, Thought we were on the winner at one stage.

Arlequin ran really well and just lost second in the last strides to come third. 20/1 place will do me nicely. :) Great day altogether. I think I'm better off only backing horses at the bigger meetings as I do quite well at them, It's the class 5 and 6 races that kill me!

Thanks to all for looking, Days like this make the time and effort well worth it. :D

Great stuff Pyro, backed Corsica myself for a nice bit after reading your piece on him.

The thing you'll find with the big races is that horses run true and it's easier to trace their form - such as the 18lbs difference between Harris Tweed and Corsica today. Whereas horses that win races in class 5 and 6 are pretty hard to figure out because they're running against mostly donkeys.

Great stuff Pyro, backed Corsica myself for a nice bit after reading your piece on him.

The thing you'll find with the big races is that horses run true and it's easier to trace their form - such as the 18lbs difference between Harris Tweed and Corsica today. Whereas horses that win races in class 5 and 6 are pretty hard to figure out because they're running against mostly donkeys.

Cheers mate, Thinking about dropping the lower quality racing and just picking from class 4 upwards as at least I can draw something out of their form, Or at least if I do back something in poorer races I'll use smaller stakes. These Heritage Handicaps are great for value, Arlequin was only 20/1 because he got hampered last time out, Could believe the price and don't get me started on Corsica's price. :pac: 5/2 was massive altogether, Would of been a max bet for me but I was afraid Harris Tweed could well have alot of improvement in him, But didn't have that much thank God. I'll come up with a new strategy in the next few days, I might leave the poorer races alone altogether, They're a money guzzler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

i'd say your probably right fella, you had an awful run of it there over the last while. the difference the last two days have made to your bank is quite astounding. you know it now for the next run of it!!!!

Well done again.

Cheers Denny, New strategy now will hopefully lead to more winners. :D

2 winners, Corsica @ 5/2, Libranno @ 9/1 but drifted to 10's. Arlequin was a 20/1 place. Great day all round. Finally getting the show on the road again. :D

16.5pts today.

Bank - 221.5pts (+121.5pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cheers for Corsica xPyro :)

What you like in the next?

I like Invincible Soul, looks sweet on speed, but again we have Larry The Loser riding him :p

Cheers mate, I can't call that race. I like the look of Party Doctor e/w at those prices. Terribly trappy race though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Yeah, if Richard Hughes was on him I would have backed him as he I'd know he would have been up within striking distance.

Ryan Moore rides all horses the same, as if they have the turn of foot of Lochsong.

Think I'll quit for the day (had Redwood e/w also) and look forward to the big one tomorrow.

Look forward to your preview in the wee hours :p

• Advertisement

I can't say anything bad about Ryan after his ride on Libranno earlier. :p It was brilliant, Although he is lucky the horse had a rapid turn of foot, He'd of beaten Strong Suit. ;)

Moore is one of the few jockeys that can kick the horse whilst doing that crazy rowing motion and whipping, He can really get them going well and keep them interested. He rarely lets me down and is class with front runners. Like Libranno today, Class ride although the horse is something special, Just annoyed I didn't go in heavier as he really impressed me on debut.

I'll have them up in the middle of the night as usual. :pac: I probably should do them earlier but I've nothing to do at night anyways so I just like doing this. :D Would love to get a job writing for a paper or something, Imagine getting payed to pick out a few horse. Lucky fecks. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement