Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    It's the only way to learn man, Gotta spend money to make money. ;) Just play around with tiny stakes until you pick up different things that suit a horse etc. You can blame Frankie for that though.

Probably not, but I will...not going to blame myself!!! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

10 minutes until the race and Archers Road hasn't budged, Got a feeling it won't be his day. :(

What's the story with all the spam in this thread???

L'prof wrote: »
    What's the story with all the spam in this thread???

Is there more ?.

I've reported it anyways. People just love the thread. :pac:

Is there more ?.

I've reported it anyways. People just love the thread. :pac:

There was a couple of days ago!

• Advertisement

Never noticed it! Must be gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

10 minutes until the race and Archers Road hasn't budged, Got a feeling it won't be his day. :(

balls have a nice bit on him as well

Jockey barely even tried at all. For fuck sake.

Apologies to anyone on him, He wasn't even trying by the looks of it. Shocking altogether. Sorry lads.

where did he come i dident c it

naughto wrote: »
    where did he come i dident c it

Last, Was going toe to toe with another horse for the lead about 1f out, Then Crowley stopped rowing and he just flew backwards.

• Advertisement

not to worry there will be others

Cheers Naughto, It's horrible when you put money on a horse that doesn't even try. :(

Happy with a good 5/1 winner today, Terribly disappointed about two of them being barely tried. I don't usually get many non triers but it's awful disappointing, Now I understand why Crowley was on board, Mainly just to stop riding 1f out! Disaster.

+6pts.

Bank - 223.38pts (+123.38pts)

Only jumps racing tomorrow and some flat racing at Tipp but I haven't much of a notion about Irish Flat Racing. Although one looks pretty solid for tomorrow that I'll back, It's Moonlit Garden in the 3:45 at Tipp. Likely to be around 6/4-2/1 which looks solid to me. , From the brilliant Dermot Weld yard and has the brilliant Pat Smullen on board. Ran a good race in listed company last time out and ran a sound race in the Group 2 Queen Mary at Ascot before that and this is a lot easier. Will decide my stake tomorrow, Not sure what to put on it. Most likely it'll be a 3 point selection but I'll confirm it if I've placed the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

any nice picks for tomorow pyro???. :)

Not yet dude, Having a look at the moment. Didn't back the one at Tipperary luckily, Was at a birthday do last night and was in no state to back a horse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

not so bad... the last bet i did was ur 2 picks (wigmore hall and archers road) in a sneaky 5er double, quite a longshot i felt for both, but was suprised. pity i didnt just stick something on each instead of a double. feck it, the returns were unreal so no harm done! lol :)

3:00 Ayr - Timeless Elegance - 1pt @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Impressed me when winning over C&D in May, Flopped over 7f last time out when well backed favorite but didn't stay the trip and is dropped back now which will help. Good 5lb claim will leave her carrying bottom weight, Poorly drawn hence price but won that race over C&D when having to come over to the rail from a low draw too. Mightn't get her own way up front but likely to be in the shake up come the end. Looks overpriced and has plenty of scope improvement. Getting 6lbs due to age and 5lbs from the claimer which will increase her chances here, Should go well at a nice price but it's a tough race so only a small stake.

8:10 Windsor - Red Yarn - 1pt @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Always seems to come second but blinker have brought more improvement on last two runs, she has more in the locker and with Moore on board she could be out to do the job tomorrow. Trip and ground ideal, lot's of speed and ability to win a race like this and will only be carrying 8-13 due to a 6lb weight allowance for age, Should be a big help to her chances and she's the only horse sent here by Gary Moore tomorrow evening and Ryan has a good 15% win rate at the track. Should be on the premises come the end and looks a tidy price at 4/1. Trappy race with a few unexposed sorts so small stakes being played with once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Timeless elegance a general 5/1 in most places now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Went for a small double with your two picks today.

As a matter of interest, is there any point putting e/w doubles on or are the odds dramatically shortened?

• Advertisement

Kod-box wrote: »
    Timeless elegance a general 5/1 in most places now.

As low as 4/1 in places. :eek: Happy with the 8's now, Must be fancied to go well by connections again.
    only1stevo wrote: »
    Went for a small double with your two picks today.

As a matter of interest, is there any point putting e/w doubles on or are the odds dramatically shortened?

Best of luck Stevo, I think it is worth it but only if you're halving your stake and not doubling it for the place part of the bet. If I had of done the double at the prices I got then a €10 e/w double would return €46.60 if they just placed, Well worth it IMO. Although there's only 8 runners in both races at the moment so no doubt there'll be one lost from each to make e/w betting pointless!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Going to have a small double on these myself :)

Moonlit Garden in the 3:45 at Tipp
    Nearly done this y-day after Smullen got me a few quid on the previous race but didn't do it in the end. Glad I don't usually back favs.

Crowie13 wrote: »
    Going to have a small double on these myself :)

Moonlit Garden in the 3:45 at Tipp
    Nearly done this y-day after Smullen got me a few quid on the previous race but didn't do it in the end. Glad I don't usually back favs.

Lucky I wasn't fit to get out of bed or I'd of had a nice bit on him! He really should of won the race though. One to keep track of for the future.

Best of luck with the double, Not the bed I'd advise as it would be awful lucky to get two winners but here's hoping! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Best of luck with the double, Not the bed I'd advise as it would be awful lucky to get two winners but here's hoping! :)

Also have two e/w singles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

balls :(

im guessing the price change was alot to do with the fact Hairspray was a non-runner?

Couldn't get to the front which put paid to her challenge, Thought the tactics were all wrong.

3:30 Wolverhampton - Blue Zephyr - .5pts e/w

Been following this one for a while, Still a maiden after 9 attempts but has shown glimpses of ability numerous times without actually winning, Has been placed 5 times on 8 All Weather starts. She's well bred, Related to lots of winners over 5 and 6 furlongs and has lots of speed for this level but rarely seems interested when asked. Came second last time out, Beaten by 6 lengths by a horse who's quite effective on the AW but she was 5 lengths ahead of the 3rd placed horse and probably should of won if she had of kicked on when asked in the final furlong but seemed to stall. She's up in class here but will only be carrying 8-5 in this claiming stakes and has Franny Norton on board and he's prone to the odd big priced winner! It's one of only 2 rides for Franny tomorrow and he's riding well of late. She's forecasted at around 25/1 and that would be a lovely each way price if available come morning. She's drawn in stall 4 and low draws have a decent record here when there's this amount of runners. She's the only horse the trainer is sending to Wolverhampton today and if she reacts to the whip when asked I think she could have a decent chance of placing.

Out again today in the 7:20 at Wolves so I'm backing her incase I miss the win she will eventually get!

1pt @ 14/1 (BlueSq)

Kod-box wrote: »
    balls :(

im guessing the price change was alot to do with the fact Hairspray was a non-runner?

Hairspray was 8/1, That wouldn't of brought around a 50% price cut. She was out to win I'd imagine, Jockey wasn't good enough to get her to the front. She doesn't have enough speed to come off the pace although she was coming back towards the end but it doesn't suit her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

Hairspray was 8/1, That wouldn't of brought around a 50% price cut. She was out to win I'd imagine, Jockey wasn't good enough to get her to the front. She doesn't have enough speed to come off the pace although she was coming back towards the end but it doesn't suit her.

she was in a great position from the off, looked like she needed another gear towards the last 2 furlongs but never had it at all. you couldn't really have predicted "ursula" picking that one up, change over of 3 trainers since her off 3 years ago, with alot of sh1te form .

your wolves run should nick a place i reckon, but the win will be along time coming if it does. best odds i could see anywhere was 9's , lucky if you got 14's

• Advertisement

dennymin wrote: »
    she was in a great position from the off, looked like she needed another gear towards the last 2 furlongs but never had it at all. you couldn't really have predicted "ursula" picking that one up, change over of 3 trainers since her off 3 years ago, with alot of sh1te form .

your wolves run should nick a place i reckon, but the win will be along time coming if it does. best odds i could see anywhere was 9's , lucky if you got 14's

She wasn't in a good position for her style though, If that horse isn't making all she's not going to win. Her cruising speed is what she has that's better than most other horses at this grade, She should of been running them into the ground, but instead she got run into the ground due to sitting just off the pace. The draw was the problem but the jockey should of been desperate to get her up top, she was going to lose regardless once he sat her off.

Still 14's with Sporting Bet, Blue Square cut the price just after I placed it. Clicky! It's not best odds though, I doubt she'll go off higher than 14/1 surely. I'm sticking with her until she wins, Looks well in at the weights here but she's so dodgy as she seems to hate getting whipped!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement