Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No it's grand, just don't like a horse being described as piss poor! There wasn't enough pace in the race with the Beckett horse taken out leaving Zero Money to have his own way, Ground was too soft too. He needs quicker ground than that and ended up far too prominent. When he gets quicker ground and a fast run race he'll do alot better than he showed today, I didn't think it would be that soft of ground.

I know you weren't on about me by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

Thanks for ur advice, good luck tonight.

Cheers Rab, keep the money safe and sound. :p

The ground should be ideal for the horse later, I've a nice bit on it so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

i only got the last end of it as my broadband is all over the place to and it looked like he never tried that is why i though he was piss poor.my bad will keep my mouth shout any more

It was more to due with the ground and tactics used I think, Was 4 lengths off again but 11 lengths clear of the rest. Yard are severely out of form too, all their horses are running poorly and the horse didn't seem to like the visor, if the ground's quicker next time out then I reckon he'll stand a solid chance.

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:55 Newmarktet - Goodwood Starlight - 2pts

No win in the last two years but has shaped better in last two starts for a new yard. Ran well last time out but hung left 2f out and was one paced after that. Back to 1m 2f now which is the distance he last won at, 10lbs lower than last winning mark. The main worry is the poor jockey but he got a good tune out of him the last two races he was in. If he is coming back to his 2 and 3 year old form then he should have a good chance, Hopefully the ground won't be too fast tomorrow as his record on GF isn't very impressive at all.

Just noticed this filly was running, won so easily @ 17/2. That's what happens when I forget about a horse. :(

8:40 Doncaster - Norwegian Dancer - 2pts e/w @ 7/1 (PaddyPowers)

I think this one looks like a very solid each way bet, 1lb below last winning mark and has been running very consistently this seasoning having had three runs and coming 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Gibbons gets the leg up and he has been on board 4 times with the form reading 3-4-2-3. He's a jockey who I like when he's coming off the pace and that's what he'll have to do here, he knows exactly what to do with this horse and will hopefully be able to help the horse gain his first win since this week last year. The ground and trip are ideal and he ran well at the course before. He steps down in grade for this contest and has room for more improvement to take this race, he just needs luck in running and with a clear run I can't see him not being placed. Trainer in good form of late and especially when teaming up with Gibbons, who himself has been in flying form over the last month or so, he's ideal for the horse and knows exactly what to do. It looks a very winnable race for my selection, That'll Do Nicely is at the head of affairs in the market but he's taking a step up in class and despite being in great form of late it will take a huge run for it to win running off a career high mark and against a better type of horses than he usually runs against, he's a definite lay and possibly even a place lay even with Hanagan on board who's in great form. Jeer is also interesting at the weights but weakened rapidly last time out and even with Fallon on board I couldn't be having him. There are a couple of others with decent claims but I fancy my selection to go well and place at a minimum, looks overpriced at odds of 7/1 and I'd of thought he'd be closer to 4/1 if it wasn't priced up already. Medium sized each way bet for me and hopefully he justifies it.

Only 7 runners now with only 2 places paid, f*ck sake. :(

Edit : No good anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

he just couldnt get off the rail

Yeah pure disaster but I reckon Gibbons thought he was travelling like a dream, he never moved until a few seconds after everyone else started rowing and hitting their horses, he then whipped ND and he didn't want to know about it, plus the rail didn't help his chances, he needed room. Ah well can't change it but should drop a couple of pounds for that race and if he is at Chester next time out I'll be on again. Sorry if you were on mate, just didn't go to plan.

none today then ,

• Advertisement

Nope none today mate, don't fancy anything and I've a few for tomorrow so I'm saving the bank for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Nope none today mate, don't fancy anything and I've a few for tomorrow so I'm saving the bank for that!

Nurai in Pontefract 8.10?
    Know u like this horse from previous bets!

Couldn't get any internet access yesterday until it was too late, had a good day but obviously it's not being recorded.

Bank - 230.08pts (+130.08pts)

One for the oaks today, hopefully she'll go well.

3:40 Curragh - Eldalil - 2pts e/w @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Flagged this one up at 16/1 when she finished a fast finishing 2nd behind Hibaayeb on only her 3rd career start, went from having two races at 7f to racing at 12f and it brought out alot of improvement in her, she has a better jockey today and with more positive tactics I feel she should be in the top 3 at least, plenty of scope for improvement and if she runs as well as she looks she'll be hard to beat. Lovely looking filly who is very well bred, has lots of speed and ability and lots of room to improve too. Really impressed me the last day and despite losing by 3.5 lengths I feel she could of done alot better with different tactics, she was closing rapidly near the finish and was pulling away from the rest. I feel that with a good pace pretty much assured in this race that it'll be ideal for her and she could be finishing the quickest of the lot come the end and if produced at the right time she will be there or thereabouts, Richard Hill gets the ride today and he's a big step up in comparison to O'Shea who was on board the last day. At 6/1 I feel she represents good e/w value and she will hopefully prove to be a better horse than she was last time out, that should see her go pretty close in my estimation and I expect her to be finishing strongly and in with a great chance when the rest are getting tired. It being her 2nd run over this distance should also bring out more improvement in comparison to her previous run and the ground should be sound for her too. Medium sized e/w bet for me and hopefully she proves better than her last run, which was mightily impressive.

Couldn't get any internet access yesterday until it was too late, had a good day but obviously it's not being recorded.
    I believe you.
    But my Tommy gun don't!
    Maybe I'm off my hinges,
    That's why I'm letting you go.
    I'm gonna give you till the count of three, to get your lousy...
    ... lying...
    ... lowdown, four-flushing carcass out my door!:D

You do confuse me. :pac: Only had one bet today and it won, I deem that a good day. :p

You do confuse me. :pac: Only had one bet today and it won, I deem that a good day. :p
    that was a good day,, my bad luck strikes again though:D

She was very poor, didn't travel on the ground at all. Would of never troubled the winner regardless, stunning performance.

4:30 Hamburg (German Derby) - Monterosso - 2pts @ 5/2 (Bet365)

A loyalty bet more than anything, I love this horse so much! Class act altogether and hopefully he can get his Group 1 win. Not much else I can say about the race at all but he will hopefully go well, cost £50k to supplement so hopefully he's in good form going into the race and can put on his usual game face and win again.

Bank - 224.08pts (+124.08pts)

Poor from Monte, ah well, he owes me nothing at all.

i did multiple of 8 today , 3 up, was waiting for 4th, had four fold played, two 8-1 winners and a 6-4, my last came 2nd :eek: dam ,

• Advertisement

Unlucky mate.

4:30 Ayr - Cheveton - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Backed him last time out but the lack of rain really affected his chances, he's likely to get ideal ground today and all his career victories have come on Good or Good-to-Soft. He's 6lbs below his last winning mark and has won off 11lbs higher than his current mark of 85. Dropped 4lbs for his previous run which seems generous considering the ground didn't suit and he tried to set a pace far too strong for his liking. He's likely to get a race to suit tomorrow and with a very good 3lb claimer on board his chances should be very good carrying a featherweight 7st 12lbs. He hasn't captured last seasons form at all yet but hasn't got the ground he needs to act at full pelt, he's a very speedy sort when there's some give in the ground and tomorrow is likely to be perfect for him. Looks well overpriced to me and I'll be having a small each way bet on him, I'd go in with more if the race wasn't so tough to call but I feel this fellow has strong claims, the course will suit him also and at 9/1 he looks a good each way bet.

5:00 Ayr - Ginger Ted - 1pt e/w

I think this fellow could prove to be overpriced, likely to be around 20/1 which looks massive. Only came 7th of 9 last time out in a similar contest but there was better horses in that race, like Suited and Booted from the Hannon yard who went on to win a hot handicap at Epsom off a mark of 90 and looks set to go on to bigger things, my selection was only 5l behind him that day and he's still relatively unexposed having only had 12 runs to date, he's still open to plenty of improvement and acts well when there's a little bit of give in the ground, he's likely to get a good fast gallop which will suit his style and with a 5lb weight allowance for age and a 3lb claimer I think he stands a good chance against his elders and he's only 3lbs higher than his last winning mark. Cheekpieces have brought out the best in him and they're on again and if he runs to the ability I feel he has then he should stand a solid chance in this race at a decent price. Forecast around 20/1 which is far too big and I feel he could be still ahead of the handicapper, looks a good e/w bet but only small stakes in such a tight affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Pyro What You think of Ask Jenny tomorrow?I know you tipped her before but will she be able for it again?

Highly doubt it considering she's upped in class here and she's not a 6 furlong horse anymore although she has a decent 5lb claimer on board. I'd avoid her, I actually quite fancy Rough Rock in that one, he has a serious chance in my opinion.

5:00 Ayr - Ginger Ted - 1pt e/w

I think this fellow could prove to be overpriced, likely to be around 20/1 which looks massive. Only came 7th of 9 last time out in a similar contest but there was better horses in that race, like Suited and Booted from the Hannon yard who went on to win a hot handicap at Epsom off a mark of 90 and looks set to go on to bigger things, my selection was only 5l behind him that day and he's still relatively unexposed having only had 12 runs to date, he's still open to plenty of improvement and acts well when there's a little bit of give in the ground, he's likely to get a good fast gallop which will suit his style and with a 5lb weight allowance for age and a 3lb claimer I think he stands a good chance against his elders and he's only 3lbs higher than his last winning mark. Cheekpieces have brought out the best in him and they're on again and if he runs to the ability I feel he has then he should stand a solid chance in this race at a decent price. Forecast around 20/1 which is far too big and I feel he could be still ahead of the handicapper, looks a good e/w bet but only small stakes in such a tight affair.

20/1 with Ladbrokes taken.

16's generally and 11/1 with Will Hill for some reason. :confused:

got him at 16.going to the ballinrobe races this evening do ya have any thing for that

Gra Geal Mo Chroi in the 8:50 is well fancied but price has went from 6's into 3's already. No idea about the rest mate.

i was watching that got him a 6s hope he comes good was at the sligo races and man i nearly lost the house that day i had such a bad day only got 2 places for tha day.need a good day to day to bring me back up.

Highly doubt it considering she's upped in class here and she's not a 6 furlong horse anymore although she has a decent 5lb claimer on board. I'd avoid her, I actually quite fancy Rough Rock in that one, he has a serious chance in my opinion.

Rough Rock wins. :)

• Advertisement

4:30 Ayr - Cheveton - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Backed him last time out but the lack of rain really affected his chances, he's likely to get ideal ground today and all his career victories have come on Good or Good-to-Soft. He's 6lbs below his last winning mark and has won off 11lbs higher than his current mark of 85. Dropped 4lbs for his previous run which seems generous considering the ground didn't suit and he tried to set a pace far too strong for his liking. He's likely to get a race to suit tomorrow and with a very good 3lb claimer on board his chances should be very good carrying a featherweight 7st 12lbs. He hasn't captured last seasons form at all yet but hasn't got the ground he needs to act at full pelt, he's a very speedy sort when there's some give in the ground and tomorrow is likely to be perfect for him. Looks well overpriced to me and I'll be having a small each way bet on him, I'd go in with more if the race wasn't so tough to call but I feel this fellow has strong claims, the course will suit him also and at 9/1 he looks a good each way bet.

3rd will do. Thought he'd win though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement