Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    5:00 Ayr - Ginger Ted - 1pt e/w

I think this fellow could prove to be overpriced, likely to be around 20/1 which looks massive. Only came 7th of 9 last time out in a similar contest but there was better horses in that race, like Suited and Booted from the Hannon yard who went on to win a hot handicap at Epsom off a mark of 90 and looks set to go on to bigger things, my selection was only 5l behind him that day and he's still relatively unexposed having only had 12 runs to date, he's still open to plenty of improvement and acts well when there's a little bit of give in the ground, he's likely to get a good fast gallop which will suit his style and with a 5lb weight allowance for age and a 3lb claimer I think he stands a good chance against his elders and he's only 3lbs higher than his last winning mark. Cheekpieces have brought out the best in him and they're on again and if he runs to the ability I feel he has then he should stand a solid chance in this race at a decent price. Forecast around 20/1 which is far too big and I feel he could be still ahead of the handicapper, looks a good e/w bet but only small stakes in such a tight affair.

Nooooo. :( 2nd, could of won it. Fuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

nice 1 x,did an e/w double 7/1 and 16/1,thanks

Good stuff HB. :) Had €25 e/w on Ted there, thought he was going to nail the winner on the line! Not to be. Gutted to say the least!

Edit : He came third actually.

Wait no, Dead heat for 2nd. :pac:

Could of been oh so better with a bit of luck, thought both could of won.

+5.25pts today.

Bank - 229.33pts (+129.33pts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

two good ew bets, hopefully a winner next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Gra Geal Mo Chroi in the 8:50 is well fancied but price has went from 6's into 3's already. No idea about the rest mate.

ok just back from the races not a bad night did Gra Geal Mo Chroi throught my pp acccount and did it at the track he won it easy so a double win on that.did ginger tea that you posted did it ew so go a nice place finish ill take that,over all iam happy it coould have being a lot better but then again i could have lost a ****e load.

thanks pyros for the tips

Good stuff, forgot to mention that he had won alright. Did it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Good stuff HB. :) Had €25 e/w on Ted there, thought he was going to nail the winner on the line! Not to be. Gutted to say the least!

Edit : He came third actually.

Wait no, Dead heat for 2nd. :pac:

Excellent pick Pyro. Full marks :)

He dead heated with mine for second - Lochan Mor. Would have been nice if it was for first place.

Thanks very much mate, thought he was going to fly home near the end and win it but not to be! Could be worse, I still can't get over the 20/1 that was available! Lunacy altogether.

One for tomorrow so far.

3:00 Ffos Las - Superior Edge - 3pts

Not one for backing in maidens but I really think this one should prove too good here, failed to impress last time out when well backed but didn't handle the All Weather surface at Southwell, prior to that she ran here over 6f at this course on softish ground and finished 2nd beaten by a neck and really should of won that race and was beaten by a horse who went off at 813/1 on the exchange! Racing over 5 furlongs here which suits her perfectly, she's a daughter of Exceed and Excel, extremely well bred and related to multiple 3 year old winners. She has already had 4 runs and is the most exposed out of this lot but there's plenty of room for improvement and I feel she'll be gaining her first victory on her fith start if all goes to plan. The ground will be perfect for her and she's drawn soundly.

Palling and Cannon don't team up often but they're 2 wins from 14 rides overall and 1/2 this month having had a winner at Chepstow two weeks ago. Cannon is an excellent 5lb claim and will mean she'll be carrying a featherweight of 8st 7lbs which is yet another big positive in comparison to her rivals. With Attrition & Mr Money Maker in the race I feel she'll get a strongly run race which will play into her hands, the latter would be the one I consider the main danger but I do not think he's going to have a fair chance carrying 10lbs more than my selection, they're both from the same yard and it's interesting that Probert is on Mr Money Maker instead of my selection but Cannon may be wanted for his claim and the yard will hopefully feel this is an ideal time to get her off the mark by winning this maiden. Rare Tern is likely to be spearheading the market as she's from the Prescott yard but I feel handicaps over a longer distance than this will be the aim and I'd be surprised to see her being hard pushed to win this one, they'll want her in off a low mark and gather momentum from there in typical Prescott fashion.

It's the only ride of the day for Declan Cannon and lets hope he's leaving Ffos Las after spending some time in the winners enclosure, he's on the horse I feel will take all the beating and I'll be having a medium sized win bet on her, assuming that I get 6/4 or bigger, currently 2/1 on the exchange which would be ideal come morning but if I can't get that price I will not be placing the bet, I shall confirm in the morning whether she's a bet or not but she looks to have a solid chance.

why not back it now ?

• Advertisement

Not enough money on Betfair to take my bet. Plus most of my money is spread around the other accounts I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Cannon not Channon :)

I thought Mick Channon was going to ride the horse for a second!

Cannon, Channon, Potato, Potato. :pac:

Fecking Mick Channon is always on my mind! Edited!

4:00 Ffos Las - Aeroplane - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Always a risky fellow to bet on, doesn't venture to the turf much nowadays having only raced on it once in 2009 but he's 8lbs lower than that and in a weaker race now. He'll have to overcome carrying 10st but if he can get the better of the 3 year olds I feel he, on best form, has the beating of the other 4+ year olds and could place at least. Often travels superbly and finds little in the tank but the booking of Richard Hughes could prove significant as he's ideal for a hold up horse like this and he can get that little bit extra out of horses when the going gets tough and I expect he'll have a lot of work on with this fellow in the final 2 furlongs but if anyone can do it, it's Richard.

There's at least 4 potential front runners in the field with 3 others who like to be prominent and with my selection Aeroplane being a hold up horse I feel the likely strong pace could be perfect for him, plus Hughes is the master of the hold up horses and always seems to know when to get them going and if he judges it perfectly on him tomorrow and doesn't leave it too late I feel they could make a mockery of the current 12/1 on offer. He was pulled out of the Welsh Emperor Stakes at Haydock a few days ago so hopefully they've got him all set up for this, hasn't been seen on a track for 170 days but has won twice after a break and goes extremely well fresh. If he's primed up and ready for this I expect a bold showing and a place at least, here's hoping one doesn't pull out and make it only 2 places paid but no doubt that will happen as it so often does. The Johnston and Simcock horses are the two to beat in my opinion but those horses are relatively new to the racing scene and could be beaten by experience here if all goes well. Evans & Hughes don't often team up but they had 2 wins from 4 runners in May and could add to their tally here if all goes well. Ground is ideal and he's drawn soundly, hopefully he shows his ability for the first time in a while and can get his head over the line in first place, it won't be easy but he has the ability if everything falls right. Small each way bet for me at tasty odds.

2:45 Yarmouth - Sirjosh - 2pts

Worth siding with once more, well backed last time out but got hampered at the start of the race and managed to stay on towards the end to come 4th just 1 length behind the eventual winner, without that interference I feel he would of been winning that race with ease. Runs off the same mark here and is worth going with again if in the same vain. Andrea Atzeni was on board last time out and gets the ride again, I expect him to take advantage this time and get Sirjosh his second victory, he still look quite progressive and should be able to win races like these off this mark.

Drawn grand in stall 9 which is a decent spot to be at Yarmouth, lots of pace in the race which will suit his hold up style and Atzeni is good at producing them late to nab it in the final 100 yards which I expect he'll be doing on my selection tomorrow. Likely to be around 4/1 which is a very fair price considering his chances, carries 9st 4lbs which isn't a bother at all and with the ground currently Good to Firm it'll be an ideal help to his chances of gaining a second career victory. He has also won over course and distance and goes well around here, should make a good go of it if getting a clear run through and overturn that last result with Clerical who has a 6lb penalty to cope with. Small/Medium win bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

ive been following your thread for a while now xpyro and am going to back your tips today i normally only bet on soccer but at this time of year its too unpredictable

aeroplane is not taken off,
    Nr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

yeah man good call on ginger ted yesterday,,unlucky to only get the place but profit for me :D bita luck now i have a little double on your 2 today! aeroplane isnt running

Cheers men, hopefully they win.

Got Sirjosh @ 7/2 (Ladbrokes) and Superior Edge @ 9/4 (Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

As always cheers for the tips!! Hoping for a nice double today!! :D

• Advertisement

Was listening to the radio there, any idea what happened with Sirjosh ? Wasn't even mentioned.

i see it he was well back never realy got going there where to bunched together to get a clean run

He's usually at the back alright and runs on late but didn't even hear him mentioned. Apologies about that one, other one was on the drift but being backed in again.

no need to Apologies its up to every one who they take tips off and what they bet on.

Found one too good. :( Ah well.

this is very true! ill back anythign personally so any tip/hint in the right direction is welcome,,

Might have a couple at Kempton later all going well, hopefully they don't run like they've lost a leg.

No idea why Cannon was trying to make all on that last one, crazy attempt to win a race. The winner, Mirza, was beaten on similar ground by 6 lengths by my selection, some turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Ah well, you win some you lose some! Losing a few make's the winners that much sweeter!

It does surely! But when your horses run like they've lost a leg it's not nice! Can't believe there was a 7.5 length swing with Mirza and Superior Edge. Really disappointed with that one, she'll get us back our money soon.

• Advertisement

it realy does make the winners sweeter...i just have to learn to do more singles instead of doubkes and trebles coz its reducing my odds of actually winning big time,,,the greed just gets the better of me sometimes though and i just keep adding them to my accumulators :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement