Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

12s in pp as well just did it there

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

d-gal wrote: »
    Green velvet worth a punt for def, maybe not large but still too good of odds to turn town

It's the price that makes me want to go in large, wouldn't be that high a price if I was the odds complier. So many horses in that race that rarely win but it's the unexposed ones that are scaring me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

x PyRo wrote: »
    It's the price that makes me want to go in large, wouldn't be that high a price if I was the odds complier. So many horses in that race that rarely win but it's the unexposed ones that are scaring me!

true, but you will always have 1 or 2 unexposed. But with a jockey like Moore on him you would have to fancy him, i took him at 5/2 and have 3 points on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

d-gal wrote: »
    Green velvet worth a punt for def, maybe not large but still too good of odds to turn town

Gone for
    green velvet
    Baby driver (2.10 catt) - way overpriced at 11/1
    Mica Maka (3.10 catt) - 11/2
    Alhoni (2.40 catt) - 11/4

have the frist three there in a treble aswell :eek: sorry mate but my bad luck is pretty bad lately so im not expectin much

4:40 Catterick - Galpin Junior - 2pts @ 3/1 (PaddyPower)

Hasn't won since his two year old days but is still relatively unexposed with only 11 career starts and shaped well for a new yard on soft ground at Hamilton last week when staying on late to come 3rd. He's only a 4 year old but has once been rated 95 by the handicapper and he cost a lot of money, well bred and related to many winners. Dropped to a claimer again here, hopefully in the anticipation of getting a victory out of him soon. There's not much between him and the market leader Efistorm, who was a good sprint handicapper in his hay day but he's 9 years old now and may find it tough again this younger horse, he likes the soft ground too but may not have the same ability that he once had. Dandy Nicholls has a good record around here with a 15% win rate and always has a few winners around here whenever he visits and I feel he could be adding another one if all goes well. It's between the top two in the market I'd imagine but I'll side with the younger of the two who looked like he was coming back to form in a claimer last time out. Looks a good price at 3/1 also, small/medium bet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Went for Green Velvet aswell.

Had Rutterkin in the last at Lingfield at 3s and have him in a double with Green Velvet (5/2 at local). Will be sweet if comes in.

Some gamble on my one here. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Put a €1 e/w double on Green Velvet and Ferdiyeh.

Thought she was going to go well after oceans of money went on, not to be. Callan gave her a balls of a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

sty pyro,
    i dont no whether you noticed but a chap in the main gambling section has tipped Aestival in the 9.0 in leicester.
    could you lighten us with your thoughts on this,:pac:
    thanks

• Advertisement

2nd ill take it was so unluck not to thave won it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

A bad omen you are :pac:
    Pipped on the line, came like a jet but an 'unexposed' came faster
    Thank god for Mica Maka or I would have been screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

coughlan08 wrote: »
    sty pyro,
    i dont no whether you noticed but a chap in the main gambling section has tipped Aestival in the 9.0 in leicester.
    could you lighten us with your thoughts on this,:pac:
    thanks

If your gonna stick money on a horse at such a short price i'd wait for workforce this saturday personally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

got Galpin Junior at 7/2 bout 5 mins ago on ladbrokes, good man xpyro!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

god damn it,,,no1 would take me askign price on betfair for galpin junior! good call but i think that horse won coz i ddnt back it hahaha:D im a curse on your bets so im going to watch your results tomorrow and not back them and prove if my hex is right/wrong:cool:

4:40 Catterick - Galpin Junior - 2pts @ 3/1 (PaddyPower)

Hasn't won since his two year old days but is still relatively unexposed with only 11 career starts and shaped well for a new yard on soft ground at Hamilton last week when staying on late to come 3rd. He's only a 4 year old but has once been rated 95 by the handicapper and he cost a lot of money, well bred and related to many winners. Dropped to a claimer again here, hopefully in the anticipation of getting a victory out of him soon. There's not much between him and the market leader Efistorm, who was a good sprint handicapper in his hay day but he's 9 years old now and may find it tough again this younger horse, he likes the soft ground too but may not have the same ability that he once had. Dandy Nicholls has a good record around here with a 15% win rate and always has a few winners around here whenever he visits and I feel he could be adding another one if all goes well. It's between the top two in the market I'd imagine but I'll side with the younger of the two who looked like he was coming back to form in a claimer last time out. Looks a good price at 3/1 also, small/medium bet for me.

Get in. :D

any thing for this evening pyro.iam mad that i missed out Galpin Junior

coulent get to my laptop in time to place the bet

Going through the cards now, might have a couple mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Done a double with invincible ash 8/1 at naas 7.00....
    Any thoughts pyro??

Irish Racing isn't my thing mate but looks to have a solid chance if racing like it did the last two times. I quite like that Swiss Diva and the Prescott horse. Should be a mighty good race though, very competitive race. Hope it wins for you but I can't give much opinions on it as I don't know the Irish Racing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

colly54 wrote: »
    Done a double with invincible ash 8/1 at naas 7.00....
    Any thoughts pyro??

Trainer was on atr this morning and said the rain wont have suited Invinciple Ash at all it is best on firm going.
    Said he was only running it because it was a listed race.

invincible ash has being pulled

naughto wrote: »
    invincible ash has being pulled

Just saw that :o what happens to my double now do you know??

Turns to a single dude. Who's the other horse? :)

Turns to a single dude. Who's the other horse? :)

Grand . So i have a €5 e/w on falling angel 7.50 leicester :)

Just hope kitty kiernan doesn't place as it was between them two for my choice

did Swiss Diva in the 7 oclock 2nd he came had small ew on him

7:40 Sandown - Fleeting Echo - 1pt @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Tentative one, pulled too hard last time out in a hotter handicap that this at Newmarket but was only 4.5 lengths away, Down in grade now and looks like she could well progress past this mark if she can settle in her races. Likely to get a fast gallop here which will suit and she goes well on quick ground. Looks overpriced to me but will find it tough to beat the 3 at the head of the field but I think she has a better chance that the 9/1 would suggest. Hannon & Moore are on fire of late when teaming up with 8 of their last 15 winning although it's a while since they had a winner at Sandown. Plum draw in stall 8 and likely to get a good position to attack from. Can't be having any of the others at their prices but Ertikaan looks the best of the top 3 in the market. Small win bet on the Hannon/Moore combination as she seems overpriced to me.

Should of went e/w on Fleeting Echo.

+3pts today.

Bank - 231.83pts (+131.83pts)

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    Grand . So i have a €5 e/w on falling angel 7.50 leicester :)

2nd :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement