Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

i do most of mine ew had 5 ew on Fleeting Echo

falling angel ran a very gud race came 2nd did not any thing on him tho

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers to the peoples who looked today, a few very good days racing coming up from tomorrow onwards. Hopefully there's lots of money to be made. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers to the peoples who looked today, a few very good days racing coming up from tomorrow onwards. Hopefully there's lots of money to be made. :)

**** sake, , my bad luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice one with Galpin Junior. I nearly always back David Nicholls' runners in claimers,he has a fantastic record in them.

Cheers mate, yeah he's unreal. I really like Adrian as a jockey too, lovely action and very strong in a finish. In my opinion of course, plenty would disagree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Cheers mate, yeah he's unreal. I really like Adrian as a jockey too, lovely action and very strong in a finish. In my opinion of course, plenty would disagree!

I think the same. Another time I like to back him is when he's on Mark Johnston horses. He doesn't get too many rides for him,but out of the last five times or so I backed him whilst riding for him I've had something like 3 winners and a placed one at 12/1 or something.

3:20 Sandown - Penny's Pearl - 1pt e/w @ 13/2 (PaddyPower)

Done a big write up on this and pressed x on the screen. :( Trappy little race here but I was impressed with this one on debut, won well despite being very green and having a poor draw at Newmarket. Ran over 5f that day and stayed on well near the end suggesting the 7f here will suit, based on breeding it should be no problem and she seems to have the perfect mix of speed and stamina. Hughes chooses to ride the other Hannon horse, Admirable Spirit, who was impressive on debut but I don't see any value at 7/4 and feel she's well worth taking on. Ryan Moore is on board Penny's Pearl and she's the sort of ride that will suit his style plus his recent form when riding for Hannon is brilliant, they've 8 wins from their last 16 runners which is amazing. She ran in the Queen Mary Stakes at Ascot but was drawn out of it in stall 2 and I don't think it'd be fair to pass any heed on that race but the bookies seem to have taken it into account as I'd only have Penny's Pearl as a 4/1 shot at most and she's nearly double that. May find it tough to win but looks a solid e/w bet if running in the same vein as her maiden win. Hopefully one isn't pulled out to make it two places paid, I bet it'll happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

3:20 Sandown - Penny's Pearl - 1pt e/w @ 13/2 (PaddyPower)

Done a big write up on this and pressed x on the screen. :(

hate when that happens,i remember writing a fcuk load a couple of times and it then asks me to log in,of course i rush the password and get it wrong,info gone...:o

It's a bloody disaster to say the least. :(

3:55 Sandown - Penchesco - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (PaddyPower)

Beaten by a short head over C&D in June, really should of won that, hit 1.01 in running but was collared late home by a Curley horse who flew near the end, had the rest of them well beaten. Only 1lb higher than that run although Durcan is on board instead of Moore. Excuses for him finishing last of 6 last time out as Moore kept him close to the rail whereas the rest of the field went in the middle where the quicker ground was and he just couldn't keep up. He was well backed that day but the poor tactics cost him, the stable is in flying form of late banging in winners left right and center and they only send 2 to Sandown today, the other is pretty much a no hoper. Drawn soundly in stall 10 and likely to love the quick ground, should also get a good gallop which will suit him perfectly. It would take a career best to win this race but at 14/1 I think he's severely overpriced and looks a good each way bet if all things fall right for him, especially overpriced in comparison to the Johnston horse, Yorgunnabelucky, who is currently favourite at 9/2. He never made an impression of this sort of mark but is likely to try and set a good gallop although there are many other potential front runners who will set a good pace which should help my selection who seems to run best when tracking a fast pace. Very tough race to call but at these prices I feel Penchesco justifies a small each way bet.

• Advertisement

Liking the look Lutine Bell in the 5:40 at Bath, and Perfect Blossom in the 6:10 at Epsom. Half tempted to lump on the double but I'll wait until tomorrow to decide.

6:40 Epsom - Masterlightfoot - 1pt e/w

Has seemed in the grasp of the handicapper of late but has a good 5lb claimer on board that will bring him back to his last winning mark, will be carrying a lightweight of 8st 12lbs and has a grand draw in stall 5 and is likely to get a truly run race which will suit. There's lots of speed in this race which is likely to suit him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gain his 2nd turf win on his 5th attempt. The ground is also ideal and he's still unexposed on turf and could prove ahead of the handicapper with more improvement possible. He's dropped in trip after contesting a grade 3 contest last time out and only finished 1.75 lengths away from the winner, looked the most likely winner at one stage too but just faded. Should prove better after having the last month off the track.

Swinburn isn't in great form of late but had a really hot spell a few weeks ago and is due a winner, this is the only one he sends to Epsom and it's not often that Ian Brennan rides for him and he's travelling from Sandown to Epsom for the one ride, it's a course he has only had 3 rides at but won once from those attempts. The 5lbs claim looks vital to his chances if anything Brennan is probably a better jockey than Shane Kelly who is usually on board this fellow. Around 8/1 on the exchange at the moment which would be a great price come morning and certainly looks overpriced in my book. Lost In Paris should prove the main threat I'd imagine but has a career high mark to contend with and is 15lbs higher than he started the season with, may have reached his peak although Ryan Moore being on board is a positive. Cases can be made for many others but these are the two in the field with the best form and I'll side with the one I feel could prove to be an each way bet to nothing and will give the progressive favourite a run for his money.

Master Lightfoot - 8/1 with Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

well pyro, your doin well these days! :D

do i think it would be stupid to stick a treble on these 3 horses???...

out of 1 to 10 how confident are u on each horse??

Liking the look Lutine Bell in the 5:40 at Bath, and Perfect Blossom in the 6:10 at Epsom. Half tempted to lump on the double but I'll wait until tomorrow to decide.

well what do you make of their chances,
    lutine bell= 9/4 with pp
    perfect blossom= evens with pp.

will you be going near them..sound

whitts wrote: »
    well pyro, your doin well these days! :D

do i think it would be stupid to stick a treble on these 3 horses???...

out of 1 to 10 how confident are u on each horse??

Jesus Christ no! :pac: The chances of the three winning is around 0%. I backed them mainly as they're overpriced and have a better chance than the bookies think. Keep doing that and I can't lose! Master Lightfoot is my main fancy though, he's hugely overpriced, should be 4/1 .
    coughlan08 wrote: »
    lutine bell= 9/4 with pp

Yeah I'll probably go into the bookies and throw 50 on the double, I really fancy both but one could well let me down handy enough. Hard enough to get 1 winning horse never mind two but I like to do a short priced double every now and again. Haven't had time to go through those races properly though so I can't say much, but they've impressed me.

Yeah I'll probably go into the bookies and throw 50 on the double, I really fancy both but one could well let me down handy enough. Hard enough to get 1 winning horse never mind two but I like to do a short priced double every now and again. Haven't had time to go through those races properly though so I can't say much, but they've impressed me.

thanks for the quick reply,
    if you were to chose 1 over the other,which 1 would you go for...
    will prob throw 20 on 1 of them just for a bit of a laugh,and also to get back that 20 that i lost on that donkey yesterday.:pac:
    cheers

Any time mate,

Perfect Blossom no doubt, I think she should shorter. Can't see past her at all, she loved being in a small field last time out and only has 4 opponents here. Should romp home again if something doesn't go wrong, the lady jockey would worry me but she's a good one thankfully and is a 5lb claimer. (Takes off 5 pound of weight) If it doesn't win I'll be surprised but I though Aestival would destroy them yesterday so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Lutine Bell takes it by about 2-3 lengths after a shocking start. Nice job again Pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

lutine bell= 9/4 with pp

Lutine bell pissed in, missed the start in a 5 furlong race, lost 5 lengths, came back and won by 3 lengths, animal of a horse

X-Pyro I love u :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

First time backing one of you selections since my return from a break there with Perfect Blossom :D

• Advertisement

thanks for the quick reply,
    if you were to chose 1 over the other,which 1 would you go for...
    will prob throw 20 on 1 of them just for a bit of a laugh,and also to get back that 20 that i lost on that donkey yesterday.:pac:
    cheers

yes,

pyro you are a fcukin legend.
    wana have a guess which horse i backed????

this is my first time ever backing 1 of your selections,i must be good luck...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

very impressive horse nicw win on her

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Good man pyro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

Good man pyro just had the double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Pyro you really do make a difference to my social life:D:D:D

Out Again Tonight,Cheers Mate!

Good stuff men, had around 3pts on the double (5/4x3/1) in the end, returned 27pts. Couldn't get home until now as there was a bad crash just outside my lane and the cops had the road shut off for around 5 hours. :mad: Hence the aftertiming, but I can take a pic of all my lovely cash if someone wants. :pac: 2pts lost on Breathless Kiss though and -6pts from the rest of them. I'll update the bank at some stage soon.

One max bet for the King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes (4:25) on Saturday at Ascot

Workforce - 5pts @ Evens (Bet365)

This will only shorten, taking it now. Biggest bet since Canford in the St James'. Reasoning to come tomorrow night. Just making sure I don't miss the price.

3:55 Ascot - Desert Recluse - 2pts @ 5/1 (Bet365)

Tough race to work out but this one really has improved rapidly since his opening handicap mark of 48 back in February, he's rated 92 now and has been rapidly improving of late including a 6 length win in a grade 3 handicap. Was sent off favourite in a hot Handicap over C&D 2 weeks ago but got bumped 2f out then 1f out and couldn't really land a blow but was still only 2.5 lengths away from the winner in 6th place. Really could of done better with a clear run. It was also his first try over 2 miles that day and with the added experience and proof that he'll stay I feel he'll be on the scene even more so today.

He's the second highest rated horse in the race with a Handicap mark of 92, but yet due to being a 3 year old he's in receipt of a 17 pound weight allowance plus he has a top young 5lb claimer on board which means he's carrying just over 1st 7lbs than he would if racing against his fellow 3 year olds, that's a massive weight difference and I always feel weight is vital over such long distances plus with that added to the horses undoubted ability I feel he could be bang in there with a chance. Kieren Fox is an excellent 5lb claimer and in my opinion he's a better jockey than Martin Lane who would of been expected to be riding and he's a 3lb claim. It is also Kierens first ride for Pat Eddery and it interests me that he has been required for such a tough race, it's also his only ride here and the only horse Eddery sends to Ascot. Desert Recluse will only be carrying a featherweight of 8st which will come into play near the final couple of furlongs when every other horse is getting tired, I feel he has the ability to take advantage of this with his perfect mix of speed and stamina and kick on in the final furlong to run them into submission. The only problem I see is where will the pace come from, possibly the outsider of the race, Centennial, who may take it up and hopefully set a quick pace as this will suit my selections chances. Lots of dangers in the race, no point going through them as claims can be made for a good few of them but I'm siding with the bottom weight to take advantage and come in at a nice price, smallish bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I like the look of Satwa Gold. I think Desert Recluse is 2lbs better off for their last encounter but Tom Quely is up tomorrow. Good Luck

• Advertisement

It was a tough choice between the two, Satwa made me a few small fortunes on the AW but at these weights and the potential further progression of Desert Recluse I can't see past him! Great price too.

Thanks for the luck mate. Best of luck to yourself tomorrow. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement