Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

6:30 York - Mandalay King - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

Hasn't won for a year but his last win came in this race last year from a 4lb lower mark. Been hinting at a potential return to form when running on late in his last number of race, came 2nd on penultimate start at Catterick when looking out paced but ran on well under a strong ride from Ian Brennan to come second, Brennan gets the ride here and takes off a handy 5lbs to take him 1lb lower than the weight he carried here last year. He has only ever ridden twice for this trainer, coming second aboard my selection here and winning on another.

He's drawn soundly in stall 9 and with plenty of pace in the race and around him he's likely to get a race run to suit, the ground is currently Good (Good to Soft in places) which if it does go to Good to Soft by tomorrow it'll suit him no problems at all as his GS form reads 1-2-6, although he has won on Good and has a couple of wins on Good to Firm so there's no risk of the ground ruining his chances. King Of Eden is the current favourite but is awfully short at 5/2 and although very progressive he has another 7lb penalty to deal with and is 27lbs higher than his opening mark of the season, this may prove a step too much for him and his form on softish ground is very poor, although two of his 4 soft ground runs were in maidens which he wasn't over-extended for but his two handicap runs on soft ground ended up in last place finishes so he's opposable for me. Mandalay King stands a great chance of getting back to form here and I feel he'll prove good enough to at least place and potentially land back-to-back victories in this race. Looks overpriced at 8/1 and is a solid each way bet if things pan out as I expect them to.

Just those two for tomorrow. I've a good few others I'll be watching with interest tomorrow. All have good chances but I don't want to push my luck as I had too many bets yesterday!

2:10 Ascot - Layla Jamil
    3:20 Ascot - Please Sing
    4:30 Ascot - Hanoverian Baron
    5:05 Ascot - Jordaura

5:40 Newmarket - Silent Act
    7:10 Newmarket - Inagh River
    8:10 Newmarket - Captain John Nixon

7:30 York - Copperbeech
    8:30 York - Diman Waters

These aren't bet by the way. Just ones to consider and ones I'll be watching, all have good claims, especially Captain John Nixon but he's too short with a 23lb rise because he's on turf now but he has the ability to do it, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

13/2 available about layla jamil,seems awful big and should finish in the first three,and the stable is in good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

right as i predicted i was off work yesterday (so no access to interweb) and as i thought your horses won,,,both of them haha:D fair play to ya,,,i think its best if i dnt take your horses today coz i just put some sort of jynx on them:mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Only got 7/2 about desert recluse but still a nice price.

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    Only got 7/2 about desert recluse but still a nice price.

I couldn't believe it was 5/1,still didn't back it though myself,still tempted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

haha nice1 betfair,,,,bet on alsace lorraine to place just for the crack and it came 3rd:D only 7 horses in the race and i still got payed!!!!1 betfair for president:cool:

Mother of God they were poor. Apologies men. All aboard the Workforce train!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Ah did you back Hanoverian Baron?

had a nice bit on myself

Nope I only stuck to the ones I picked bar CJN. Should of backed HB. :( Captain John Nixon was poor, not up to that standard unfortunately, I had a 1pt bet on him in the end. I'll do the bank at some stage soon, just very lazy! The rest of those ones were poor bar Diman Waters but that didn't go well! All into the tracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Really liked the look of HB, will be seeing and backing alot more hopefully!

Just a straight bet on Workforce 2mo then?

Any money on forecasts?

All on Workforce mate, nothing else, not even backing any others throughout the day as I may be broke come 5pm or so. :pac: But that's not likely, if he runs like he did at Epsom it's game, set and match already. He gets weight for age allowance too which only furthers his chances and with his own pacemaker he'll be bang there come the end, IMO. My biggest ever bet and I'm not even that worried tbh. I can afford to lose it but hopefully won't have to! Cape Blanco without Murtagh will find it tough to repeat his Dante result although that only happened due to a problem with Workforces mouthpiece. Harbinger is the danger but he's a Group 2/3 horse and may be out of his depth here. It'll be an adrenaline filled 5 minutes regardless, hope to hell he wins though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

x PyRo wrote: »
    All on Workforce mate, nothing else, not even backing any others throughout the day as I may be broke come 5pm or so. :pac: But that's not likely, if he runs like he did at Epsom it's game, set and match already. He gets weight for age allowance too which only furthers his chances and with his own pacemaker he'll be bang there come the end, IMO. My biggest ever bet and I'm not even that worried tbh. I can afford to lose it but hopefully won't have to! Cape Blanco without Murtagh will find it tough to repeat his Dante result although that only happened due to a problem with Workforces mouthpiece. Harbinger is the danger but he's a Group 2/3 horse and may be out of his depth here. It'll be an adrenaline filled 5 minutes regardless, hope to hell he wins though. :pac:

Should be fun..Come on Cape Blanco :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Good luck with workforce tomorrow.

Had a very large bet myself last week on a horse and it cleaned me out.

Haven't bet since.

If I had of met Jamie Spencer that night, I would have strangled him.

Wish you well with Workforce though, at the end of the day, you have to speculate to accumulate.

Cheers Pete, hopefully he does the business, taking a risk in such a high quality race but he's a high quality horse, as good as any around and believe me, he has ALOT more improvement to come which is sickening. Evens is a massive price to me and he has a better than 50% chance of winning as the odds suggest. Serious value I think. Stoute's recent form is the only reason he's such a price, if he was banging in the winners it'd be a 1/2 shot. Form is temporary, class is permanent, as they say. :p

Workforce WILL win.

Sorry to hear about Spencer, I had 500 on one of his rides and he ballsed it up despite having a serious chance, the man is a clown at times but splendid on other occasions, bloody hard to get him right. I'll only back him on a front runner now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Sorry to hear about Spencer, I had 500 on one of his rides and he ballsed it up despite having a serious chance ..

Might be the same horse, although - he always seems to mess things up by holding horses up as if they are all Dancing Brave or a Lochsong.

I knew there was a risk but the horse was layed out for the race and I had word the stable were on in a big way.

11/2 was the price and had to divide my stake in eight parts and place the bet in eight shops just to get the bet taken.

Would have been a massive amount.

It was Fadhb Ar Bith in the 9.10 @ Pontefract.

Price remained until three minutes before the off, where it was backed down to 3/1, as expected.

It comes from stall 10 and Spencer, in his wisdom, pulls him back from the pace letting the field get away, almost as of it were a 1m 4f race ad not a 6f sprint.

Course, when it gets to the final furlong, he decides to ride the horse as if he just remembered it was a 6f race again :rolleyes:

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Horse_Profile/0,12491,349986,00.html

I won't go near any Spencer horses nowadays.

Good luck Pyro. I'm broke if Debussy doesn't do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ouch, sorry to see such a big bet lose.

Cheers man, that's how it goes! Canford Cliffs during the week should bring it back all going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Keep it up the work man, on the thread,

I started one, but its way to much work posting
    bets and selections with reasons etc,
    my thread lasted about a week and is in the red,
    music show did win since :D

I enjoy coming here and reading
    now and again,

Thanks

Nothing tomorrow, pockets took a pounding, heading out to drown my sorrows now! Best of luck tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Unlucky PyRO, you'll just have to take them to the cleaners during the week;)

Nothing tomorrow, pockets took a pounding, heading out to drown my sorrows now! Best of luck tomorrow lads.

Same,no bets for me for a few days. And my log hardly took the best start,0/3.

Unlucky PyRO, you'll just have to take them to the cleaners during the week;)

Cheers mate, my fingers are still on fire from yesterday! Going to work double time through the week!
    greetings wrote: »
    Same,no bets for me for a few days. And my log hardly took the best start,0/3.

Don't worry about that, every log starts off bad. Most of mine went -30pts before I clawed my way back in to good profit. Don't give up anyways. :)

I'm hoping Goodwood is Glorious for me during the week.

I'll get my coat. :pac:

2:15 Yarmouth - Black Baccara - 2pts

Backed this one last time out when there was a big gamble, although it was tipped by Hugh Taylor. That was over 6f and if she was running over 5 that day she'd of won, dropped to 5 furlongs now and I expect that could do the trick. Spencer on board and he's an ideal jockey for her prominent style and with lots of pace in the race I feel she could take over in the final furlong and not be caught. Spencer has a great 20% strike rate at this course and always seems to have a couple of winners every time he comes here and I expect he'll be adding to that with this filly. She's likely to enjoy the quick ground and has the added advantage of a 4lb weight allowance for being a 3 year old, she certainly has more ability than she has shown since coming back in May after 14 months off after she won a 5f maiden at Folkstone. She's 20lbs lower than her opening handicap mark and runs off the same mark as her 3rd place last time out and I expect her to have a solid chance of following up that place with a win here. Likely to be around 2/1-5/2 which is a sound price considering her chances and I'll be having a small/medium sized bet on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Sound choice. Also tipped on sporting life/betfair and the usual crowd for what that's worth. What kind of odds would you expect on that? I'm guessing it's gonna be seen as a safe better by many. I was thinking he mite be good to tie with someone else for a double.

2/1 up to 5/2 is what I'm hoping for. Don't want to get involved under 2/1 but I feel she has a solid chance at those odds. Wouldn't be a big fan of doubles on horses but struck a lovely 3pt one there the other day! :) Not going to push my luck though.

2/1 up to 5/2 is what I'm hoping for. Don't want to get involved under 2/1 but I feel she has a solid chance at those odds. Wouldn't be a big fan of doubles on horses but struck a lovely 3pt one there the other day! :) Not going to push my luck though.

2/1 would be a nice price. Mite be the right moment to use up one of my free bets. When it comes to doubles I tend to put down less than 2e sometimes. I just live the randomness of them alongside more considered bets (there have been entire weekends of mine funded on 2e doubles :D!). But I don't think there is much going on tomorrow so I may give it a break as Galway starts to pick up over the week.

• Advertisement

Black Baccara priced at 2/1 on Betfair a moment ago. Not sure what is going on now. They seem to be correcting something so might be worth a wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement