Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

4:45 Yarmouth - Rough Rock - 1pt @ 11/2 (Bet365)

Backing this fellow again as I usually do when he runs here. Won nicely last time out where Adam Beschizza gave him a lovely ride, looked as if being short of room, despite it being a 4 runner race, but quickened well to lead in the final furlong over C&D. Up 6lbs but in a higher class carrying less weight which is something I like, Beschizza is probably the best 7lb claimer out there and his claim will mean Rough Rock will only be carrying 8st 3lbs which will come in handy in the final furlong when they're getting tired. Upped in class but still has enough speed and ability to win this if getting the right gaps in running to make his run as sometimes he struggles to find them but I think this jockey is tops at getting them into position and with Angus Newz and Arabian Pearl in this race likely to be fighting it out for the lead I feel he'll get a quickly run race which always seems to suit him. 8 runners in the field at the moment and he usually performs better in these smaller fields. Should give a good account of himself if running to ability although it'll take a career best to win this so I'll only be having a small win bet at decent odds.

2:30 Wolverhampton - Towy Boy - 1pt

Very tentative bet, still a maiden after 43 runs including 11 second place finishes, usually finds a couple too good but this looks a weak race and he'll have the inform John Fahey on board who is a top young 5lb claimer which will leave him carrying a lowly 8st 9lbs and could put him right up there. This is a very weak class 6 where all the horses are usually fairly inconsistent and I think this could be an ideal chance to finally get a win out of Towy Boy at the 44th attempt. He has placed here from 12lbs higher and came second over this distance off this mark 20 days ago. Better jockey on board now, and that may do the trick. Likely to end up tracking The City Kid who I feel could try and make all under Saleem Golam as there seems to be a distinct lack of pace in this race and he could end up setting up the race for my selection who is likely to keep with him and try and run on in the final furlong, if things go his way he could have a fairly solid chance but must be treated with caution as his record speaks for itself. Small win bet at likely odds of 8/1.

These are more for fun bets than my other ones, all small stakes but will be counted towards the log, I don't know much about Irish Racing but I always bet in every race at Galway with small stakes.

5:10 Galway - Force Of Habit - 1pt @ 9/2 (VictorChandler)

From the Weld yard who does brilliantly here, showed enough on Hurdling debut for me to believe he has enough ability to win this, won last two flat starts and has Paul Townend on board. Should go well and will hopefully be around 5/1.

5:45 Galway - Kalellshan - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Betfred)

From the Charles Byrnes yard and has Davey Russell on board, still lightly raced with only 15 career starts and open to more improvement. Looked progressive over fences last year and should come on for that run at Sligo for a new yard, should be around 10/1 and looks a decent e/w bet to me.

6:20 Galway - Poltava - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365)

Couldn't call this race, looks very open and the Weld horse is likely to be all the rage. Taking a chance here on the Stack horse to build upon his 2nd place finish last time out, Wayne Lorden on board and he's a well bred full brother to a US Group 3 winner. Might be in with a decent shout at roughly 14/1 if a couple don't run as expected. Tiny e/w bet.

7:00 Galway - Cyborg - 1pt e/w @ 15/2 (StanJames)

Landed a couple of gambles for Charles Byrnes and looks to be quite a progressive horse, will stay no problems and ground will be no bothers. Katie Walsh on board for her only ride of the day and she's as capable a jockey as anyone. Good place claims at forecast odds around 7/1.

7:35 Galway - Footprint - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)

Back to last winning mark, tough race to call so I'm backing this one mainly due to Fran Berry being on board. Ground should be no problem and at odds hopefully around 8/1 it looks a decent e/w bet for small stakes.

8:05 Galway - Notalossonya - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Beat a couple of decent sorts last time out on handicap debut, looks to have the potential to do better and may be in with a shout here. Lorden on board and he gave a great ride last time out and a 3lb rise in the weights looks fair. Could be in with a decent shout at around 12/1+

8:35 Galway - Nordic Hawk - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames)

Not even going to bother trying to solve this race, looks too tough to call so I'm going with Nina here. 10.0 on BF at the moment and 9/1 would be sound come morning. His half brother has done well for the yard and with a bit more progression here this one could hopefully hit place money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

x PyRo wrote: »
    2:15 Yarmouth - Black Baccara - 2pts

<snip>

If you look at the draw, Pockets pick has been beaten twice by a horse from a wider draw (strangely draw number 7). Black Bacarra is drawn 7. Pockets pick is drawn 2 and Punching drawn 1. Looks a good bet

3rd & 4th. :( Rough Rock 10/1 in places now.

Prices for Galway up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Doing well so far on Galway pyro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

scopper wrote: »
    Doing well so far on Galway pyro!

Well done man :)

Cheers lads! Free rolling for the rest of them now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Well done Pyro. Looking forward to seeing your selections for tomorrow :).

Best of luck.

What a day! 3 winners & 1 second that should of won too. +23.5pts from Galway on day one.

+18.5pts today.

+24.5pts since last update.

Bank - 256.33pts (+156.33pts)

Sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

looking forward to tomorrows post xpryo

Cheers mate, hopefully I can get another bit of luck tomorrow. Goodwood and Galway to cover tomorrow, it'll be a long long night for me! :pac:

That I sure am.

Edit : There was a post there, it disappeared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

That I sure am.

Edit : There was a post there, it disappeared!

Ya there was, the mods must of deleted it.

Time to get the Glorious Goodwood show on the road! Should be an entertaining few days of racing.

2:45 Goodwood - Corsica - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

I'm a big fan of this progressive Mark Johnston colt who has won me many a few quid on various occasions and I feel he could be in with a good shot of landing his 2nd Group 3 race in 3 weeks. Steps down 1f here and I feel this is his most effective trip although he has won over 1m 5f and ran a gallant race over 2m at Ascot but the step back to 12f should suit him down to the ground. He has a 3lb penalty for his win last time out but he's a very progressive type and has the ability to do better than what he has shown so far, which in itself has been impressive. He's an out and out stayer who is likely to enjoy the potential quick pace that will be set by Rebel Soldier who was impressive last time out in a Handicap but this is a massive step up and at 10/3 favourite I couldn't be going near him. Joe Fanning is on board Corsica instead of Frankie this time, and he has given him two good rides both times he was on board, once winning a Listed race and the other was a gallant 3rd place in a handicap when giving 18lbs to his nearest rated competitor, who he has since beaten. The ground is no bother, nor is the draw so I expect another big run from this progressive colt who is likely to have more in the tank. Place claims at a minimum here and possibly will have enough to win, only a small each way bet due to so many unexposed types being in the race. Should stand a good chance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Seems like an awful big price on Corsica. Pity the other Godolphin runner isn't running anymore.

Seems massive to me! Must be due to the 3lb penalty but that doesn't seem excessive.

3:25 Goodwood - Dalghar - 2pts @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes)

Only finished 6 lengths behind Goldikova last time out over 1m and now step back to 7f which I think will be suited better to him. Still lightly raced for a 4 year old with only 9 career starts (won 4) and has a lot more improvement to come. Top French jockey on board who has been on board him before and recently won the Juddmonte Grand Prix De Paris aboard Behkabad. It's the only horse that trainer De Royer Dupre sends over and he has only sent one horse over and that was Mandesha who finished 2nd in a Group 1 Nassau Stakes. He should like the ground and will get a good steady gallop to suit his style. There has been a bit of a late night move on him so I'd assume Segal has tipped him up in the RP. Should have a good shout regardless and looks the classiest in the field to me and should stand a better chance than a 5/1 shot if running to ability. Small/Medium bet for me.

Galway Bets:

5:10 - Cruise On Bach - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

From the O'Grady yard who had a well backed horse yesterday in a similar event, he only came 5th but I feel this one is a better sort, had two decent runs over hurdles coming 6th out of 15 on debut at Sligo, then 3rd of 25 at Punchestown over this trip then won a 2m 4f flat race at Roscommon quite comfortably. Step back in trip isn't ideal but he looks better value than the Weld horse who is likely to be 6/4 fav and I can't be having him at those prices. This one should be fit for his run 3 weeks ago and if he can jump fluently he'll stand a good chance, showed lots of speed last time out and I believe if he can get the jumping right he should be in the place money. Good jockey on board too and the ground shouldn't be a bother at all. Likely to be around 14/1 and lots of improvement to come.

5:45 - Tasman - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Won at this meeting back in '08 and came second in this race last year losing out to Natal who is in this race again and likely to be vying for favoritism but I feel the Liam McAteer horse can go one better this year and continue his fine Galway form which reads 2-2-1-2. He handles all sorts of ground and will have no bother with this tomorrow. Currently around 18/1 on Betfair and looks a fairly solid e/w bet. He's a prominent races and usually jumps well, he's 10 years old now but his course form speaks for itself. He is also very good when fresh and hasn't been seen in near 5 months so he should appreciate the break as his form went near the end of last season. He could get in the mix here at a nice price and is dangerous if he gets his own way up front.

6:20 - Reisk Superman - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (PaddyPower)

Has won here before over Fences in 08', has only had 4 runs on the flat but they were at inadequate trips and this 2miles should suit better, ground no problem and a great jockey on board to help him along. 12 years old now but should be fit for his 3 recent runs after a break. Only carrying 9st and could have an e/w squeak at nice prices of around 25/1 or so. Can't find anything else that interests me in this race so I'll have a tiny e/w bet.

7:00 - Mujaazef - 2pts @ 15/2 (Bet365)

From a top yard with a top jockey on board, impressive of late in handicaps and recently ran well over this trip at Leopardstown. Upped 3lbs but gets an 8lb allowance for being a 3 year old and should stand a fairly solid chance of winning this if running to ability. Still lots more to come and carrying only 8st 10lbs will put him bang in the mix. Drawn highest in the field which is the place to be, ground should suit as he seems to like all sorts of ground and he looks a worthy favourite to me. Decent sized bet at 15/2.

7:35 - Hasty Katie - 1pt @ 7/2 (Ladbrokes)

Hard maiden to call, just backing this one due to Bolger and Manning being the partnership. Half sister to 3 winners and well bred. Headgear should bring out more improvement and step down to 7f again should suit. Should be around 3/1 and stands a decent chance, tough race to call though.

8:05 - Dafaroun - 1pt @ 12/1 (Bet365)

Ran well on seasonal reappearance, has only been seen 4 times since 2008 but shaped well 10 days ago, has a good record here with 2 seconds from 4 starts and could go one better if finding old form. Bit of a shot in the dark but not a race I would like to try and solve for hours! Small win bet for me at likely odds of 10/1.

8:35 - Pinnk - 1pt @ 6/1 (Ladrokes)

Only 4 lengths 4th behind Betrah on only start. Looks the best form of the race and she's likely to come on for that and has a decent jockey on board and is from a yard that does alright at this course. Some very exposed sorts in this race and I fancy this one could end up better than them and with ground and trip being no problem she could well have a good chance at odds of around 7/1. Small win bet for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Good stuff men, had around 3pts on the double (5/4x3/1) in the end, returned 27pts. Couldn't get home until now as there was a bad crash just outside my lane and the cops had the road shut off for around 5 hours. :mad: Hence the aftertiming, but I can take a pic of all my lovely cash if someone wants. I'll update the bank at some stage soon.

well done on galway yesterday,so much for not having a clue about irish racing..;)
    havent had a bet sense workforce,but hopefully now within the next week or 2 i can get going again,
    i noticed that you counted the double of 3pts that was never logged towards your overall bank!! i remember you said you might throw 50 on the double in the shop,not having a go just curious to how your bank works as i know i wouldnt count it towards my log if in the same situation.

best of luck with galway again today.:)

coughlan08 wrote: »
    i noticed that you counted the double of 3pts that was never logged towards your overall bank!! i remember you said you might throw 50 on the double in the shop,not having a go just curious to how your bank works as i know i wouldnt count it towards my log if in the same situation.

Couldn't get on to post it as the road was blocked, which I explained, I said I was going to place the double just didn't know what to put on it. Placed a 3pt double, couldn't get internet access to post it, regardless if it won or lost I was going to post it here (Same with Breathless Kiss & Captain John Nixon) as I had said the night before that I would do it so that's why.

Don't really mind what you'd do! :pac: I said I'd be having a bet on the double, I did, it won, happy days!

Best of luck if you're backing anything at Galway. :)

• Advertisement

Joe Fanning went off way too quick on Corsica, only managed 4th in the end.

Dalghar looked for all the world a winner.

Sent to the front way too early I think, horse didn't like being in front one bit, pretty much stopped galloping. Must of hit 1/10 in running at least?

Disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 adamski09

Dalghar seriously that was robbery unlucky,,,i had main aim in that one instead coz i like ryan moore but your horse looked well stronger:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Hopefully all your bad luck was used up in Goodwood and Galway proves as successful as yesterday!! :D

Missed your picks yesterday, was raging this morning when I saw them! :mad:

Great job on the 3 & 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Couldn't get on to post it as the road was blocked, which I explained, I said I was going to place the double just didn't know what to put on it. Placed a 3pt double, couldn't get internet access to post it, regardless if it won or lost I was going to post it here (Same with Breathless Kiss & Captain John Nixon) as I had said the night before that I would do it so that's why.

Don't really mind what you'd do! :pac: I said I'd be having a bet on the double, I did, it won, happy days!

Best of luck if you're backing anything at Galway. :)

You have too laugh at coughlan has a wee pop at you and he cant even count/deduct his bets he writes in his own log:rolleyes::p.. Well done yesterday Pyro you might not be as bad as you think on the Irish racing

And that folks is how to pick numerous donkeys. :o

Bank - 242.33pts (+142.33pts)

Putting up Canford for tomorrow?

No idea if I want to get involved at those prices but I think he stands a serious chance. Will decide later, odds are quite skinny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Josie laughing.

Big good for her magazine deal.

"How I felt when John James broke out!! Exclusive!!"

Edit ..oops :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement