Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I might have a tenner on Beethoven to place at 7/2,think that's huge.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Multiple tabs letting you down again Pete? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

x PyRo wrote: »
    Multiple tabs letting you down again Pete? :p

LMAO .. got a little heated there watching BB .. forgot where I was .. :D

OutlawPete wrote: »
    LMAO .. got a little heated there watching BB .. forgot where I was .. :D

Hahahaha,I hadn't a clue what you were on about.

3:00 Galway - Ballyadam Brook - 1pt e/w @ 7/2 (Betfred)

Made all to win impressively last time out, only has had 6 spins over hurdles and has only been unplaced once which was on debut. This is tougher but he has a lot of ability, stays well and will like the ground. Open to plenty of improvement and if his win last time out is anything to go by he'll stay going up the hill without bother and will hopefully be able to run the field into submission on a track that favours front runners. Paul Townend takes the ride as he has on the last three occasions that this horse has raced and the form reads 2-1-1 with hopefully another "1" to be added to that tomorrow. He jumps soundly and the trainers horses have been in fine fettle this last couple of months. Townend doesn't often ride for the trainer but he has been placed 7 times from 10 attempts including those two wins aboard this horse. It's a trappy enough race to call but the Gordon Elliot horse, Final Day, is likely to be a short enough priced favourite but I don't think he's the best of jumpers and if he makes a couple of mistakes he may find it hard to keep with my selection. A lot of others can have claims made quite easily for them but even under a penalty I feel if Ballyadam Brook replicates his run from last time out he stands a great chance and should place at least, hoping for around 5/1 and all going well he looks an each way bet to nothing.

3:35 Galway - Waterloo Chateau - 1pt e/w @ 14/1 (VC)

Stunningly difficult race to call but this one has been in fine form of late since joining Noel Meade. Only has had 11 career starts and is 7 years old but won a decent Maiden Hurdle at Roscommon 3 weeks ago off top weight and ran well again last week in Ballinrobe when a 1 3/4 length second to Vivaldi. More improvement to come and his front running style is another plus with the way things have been going at Galway so far. Ground should be no problem and he should be fit and ready for this. Trained by Noel Meade and ridden by the excellent Paul Carberry and this partnership won this race last year with a horse of a similar profile to this one. He tends to jump left but hopefully they'll have that worked on and he'll stay all day so if he gets his jumping right I think he has good place claims although it's a really tough race to call so only a small each way bet for me at likely odds of around 12/1.

4:10 Galway - Duroob - 1pt @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

Found it awful tough to pick one in this race, just going for one that will stay the 3m and he's a sound jumper. The ground will be no bother to him and he has been in fine form since coming back in May, winning twice and placing twice from 5 attempts. Nearly 70 career appearances but still retains a lot of ability and although there's 20 runners in the field I think a good few can be ruled out due to the trip. Decent 5lb claim will help and will only be carrying 10st 13lbs, will be suited by a fast pace and he likes to be held up to run on late when the rest are tiring, should have a decent chance at around 7/1 and Timeform have him as their top pick also.

4:45 Galway - Endless Intrigue - 5pts @ 10/11 (PaddyPower)

Biggest bet of the festival for me so far, no doubt it'll be the one Weld horse that will not win but it has the best Bumper form including a 2nd placed finish in the Champion Bumper behind Cousin Vinny. He should be a step above these and with the form of Weld around here I'll be surprised to see him beaten. Robbie Mac on board and he's as capable a jockey as any, and is 2/3 at Galway so far this year and this is his only ride tomorrow. The ground will be no problem and the trip is sound, has the perfect mix of speed and stamina and I expect to see him win this tomorrow. Max bet for me and likely to be around 5/4 or Even money. Looks to have a great chance.

5:25 Galway - Majestic Concorde - 2pts @ 9/2 (Bet365)

Not even going to try solve this one, just backing the Weld horse with small/medium stakes. Looks to be lined up for this and ran well on the flat last time out when a close 4th in the Chester Cup in May. Weld says he has a good chance and I've no reason to doubt him. Davy Russell on board and he's as capable as any. Ground and trip should be no bother and he's a good jumper and looks well handicapped, Should go well hopefully.

Small stakes in the last three races, not doing any write up on them.

6:00 Galway - All In Clover - 1pt @ 8/1 (Bet365)
    6:35 Galway - Snap Alam - .5pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)
    7:10 Galway - Born To Excel - .5pts @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

• Advertisement

Prices added in above post.

Leaving Goodwood alone tomorrow. It's a minefield.

I'll be watching, Lady Eclair, Canford Cliffs & Sea Of Heartbreak, all with keen interest as they've done me plenty of good turns in the past. I reckon that Sea Of Heatbreak will be a decent horse in the future. Currently 8/1 for its race too, has a good e/w chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Endless Entrigue @ 1.90 still worth going with??? Had a s**t day yesterday with Zenit letting me down wanna get a few €€€'s back today..

Dermot Weld was on the radio this morning saying it was his best chance of the rest of the festival.

Hope that doesn't jinx it.

Dermot Weld was on the radio this morning saying it was his best chance of the rest of the festival.

Hope that doesn't jinx it.

I was hoping too find the odds Pyro thought it might be.. Greed i hate it:p

• Advertisement

matt1958 wrote: »
    I was hoping too find the odds Pyro thought it might be.. Greed i hate it:p

He's 10/11 with Boyles and PP.

He's 10/11 with Boyles and PP.

Cheers..

greetings wrote: »
    I might have a tenner on Beethoven to place at 7/2,think that's huge.

Only seven runners now,just the two places,wouldn't bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Better start for today :D Keep up the good work, this threads always worth a read

What a horse Canford Cliffs is.. Brilliant, wasnt on but enjoyed watching:p

Top man Pyro.. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

what happens to the horse that did not start will ya get a refund i had money on him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

naughto wrote: »
    what happens to the horse that did not start will ya get a refund i had money on him

yes

+4.26pts today.

Bank - 246.59pts (+146.59pts)

Only one didn't place! :)

1:50 Galway - Hot Oscar - .5pts e/w @ 14/1 (PaddyPower)

Impressed me enough last time out to suggest he could make an impact here, one of only two horses who like to make the running and front runners have been doing excellently here this week. This is only a maiden chase so a lot of them are inexperienced over fences but this fellow took to them well in a similar contest at Downpatrick in May when he tried to make all but just got headed before the last and stayed on to come a 1/2 length second. There may be more to come from him especially with that run behind him. Trained by Charlie Swan and he's a good trainer who has had a few winners of late, David Casey takes the ride and he gets on well with the horse, having won on him before in Wexford. Will stay this far and if he manages to get a handy lead I feel he'll be dangerous as his jumping is sound usually and Casey is a capable jockey. The ground is also ideal as it is, but the quicker it is the better. Good place claims getting 5lbs from the field. Small each way bet as something always seems to come out of the woodwork in these races. Avoiding the Weld horse may also prove a mistake and the Elliot horse looks to have plenty of ability too but at 3/1 & 4/1 (Forecasts) I don't want to get involved. My selection should be the guts of 14/1 and stands a better chance than that based on his run last time out.

2:25 Galway - Cruising Katie - .5pts e/w @ 13/2 (VC)

Awful race to call but I'm sticking with this one who won impressively last time out scoring by 10 lengths from Coscorrig over 2m 3f at Limerick. Was suited by the strong pace that day and with no less than 6 front runners in this race I feel she'll get a good steady gallop and could pick them up late on. Steps back in trip which isn't a problem, versatile ground wise and has a decent 5lb claimer on board too. Very tough race to be confident about any but if she runs in the same vain as last time and handles the tricky track I feel she has to have a good chance. Bred with a perfect mixture of speed and stamina and is open to lots of improvement over these bigger obstacles, took her until her fourth chase until she won, was very luck that day with another horse falling at the last but she was 10 lengths clear of the rest. Should strip fitter for those two runs and is worth a small each way at likely odds of around 8/1.

3:00 Galway - Separate Ways - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

I'm probably mad going against Weld again but this one came second in this race last year off the same mark, hit 1.05 in running and should of won. Good jockey, ground should be ideal and has won twice over this distance. Could be handicapped back into things and should come on for that recent run at Leopardstown. Highly drawn in stall 14 (of 18) which is perfect, versatile tactically, can be held up or tracking the leaders and most of his best form has come from when sitting around 4th or 5th. Ended up racing in rear on the last couple of occasions and I wouldn't be surprised if this has been the aim since coming second last year. First time blinkers also is very interesting, could well spark more improvement and here's hoping he takes to them first time. Should be the guts of 12/1 and looks a good each way bet if building on previous form here last year.

More to follow.. just posting incase my laptop shuts down as it so often does, without warning. :mad:

• Advertisement

3:35 Galway - Mean Lae - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (PaddyPower)

Risky one, can't really call the race at all but Bolger/Manning won this race last year so I'll side with them again this year. This filly hasn't won since landing a handicap in August last year at Dundalk. She has more ability than she has show of late and ran alright last time out when 5th in a handicap at Fairyhouse, didn't look hard pushed though and it was her second run in 4 days which probably took its toll. The ground was also a little fast for her I'd imagine and she's likely to get more suitable ground today. Bolger hasn't had a winner at the festival this year and this is one of only two he has out tomorrow. She looks like she's falling to a winnable mark and after having a month off she should be fit and ready for this test. Drawn very well in 14 and has two speedy sorts beside her on the rail that will likely be battling it out for the lead, she may well end up getting a lovely position sitting in behind them and if she's up to this standard it should be ideal for her style. Opposing the likely Weld favourite again, but she hasn't won for two years and carries top weight here but it would be no surprise to see her win but she's opposable due to the weight and struggles she seems to have winning. Will probably be short enough in the betting too, so I'll have a small e/w bet on the Bolger horse who is currently around 20/1 on the exchanges and will hopefully be similar come morning. Not without a chance if finding the ability that I feel is there.

4:10 Galway - Aughwilliam Lady - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Won a competitive maiden hurdle at Clonmel quite well, stepped up to 3 miles last time out and only managed to come second but left herself with too much to do and made a couple of mistakes late on, stepping back to 2m 4f will help and with a bit of natural progression I could see her getting involved here. Don't know anything about the trainer or jockey but the horse looks good enough to get involved here if things go its way, the ground should be alright and if they go a good gallop I can see her pegging them back late on if she proves to be as good as that maiden win. Competitive race but currently 16/1 on the exchange and looks overpriced, worth a small each way bet if still around that price tomorrow. Could spring a surprise for a small yard.

More to come...

4:50 Galway - Fosters Cross - 1pt e/w @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes)

Looked like he was going to place in this race last year but fell, tougher race this time around but he's a decent sort that has been racing in tougher races than this and has won at this course before. Great jockey in Paul Townend on board and he's a great pilot who has been on board this fellow twice coming third in hot races both times. The ground shouldn't be a bother and if he jumps a clear round I can see him being there or thereabouts come the finish. He has had 3 months off and should be fit and raring to go for this. Certainly looks overpriced to me and carring only 10st 12lbs should also help his cause. Tough race to call so only a small each way bet for me at 25/1 with Ladbrokes who only go first 4 places, first 5 being payed on Bet365 but he's only 16/1 there so I'll take the chance with the bigger odds for less places paid. If he jumps well he should stand a decent chance here.

No reasoning for these as I'm wrecked and haven't even looked at Goodwood yet! :(

5:30 Galway - Makhaaleb - .5pts e/w @ 10/1 (Betfred)

6:05 Galway - Coronea Lilly - .25pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365)

Bit of a mental one today.

2:45 Goodwood - Mister Hughie - .5pts e/w @ 50/1 (Bet365)

Usually starts slow and runs on near the end but has been meeting traffic problems for ages now and hasn't shown his true worth as of yet. This may prove way above his level but he won a hot handicap at Newmarket before and has lots of speed, just doesn't get the chance to show it that often. He's dropped back to 5f from 6f again and if he finds a bit of room I think he has enough speed to cause a shock and place. Munro is a sound jockey and has won on this horse so he'll know what to do with him. This is a big step up in class but he finished 3rd in a Listed event only a neck behind Society Rock who gave APOB's horse, Starspangledbanner, a good run for his money in the Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot. He's only a 3 year old and open to more improvement, he'll love the ground and should get a good gallop which will suit his style. Could cause a shock if Munro finds those gaps that prove so elusive for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Guns out blazing today Pyro! Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

9 horses today pyro,it will take some punter to be in profit come tonight,
    if you are your defo 1 of the best punters ive "known",,wouldnt be suprised to see ya writing for some local paper tbh...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Usually starts slow and runs on near the end but has been meeting traffic problems for ages now and hasn't shown his true worth as of yet. This may prove way above his level but he won a hot handicap at Newmarket before and has lots of speed, just doesn't get the chance to show it that often. He's dropped back to 5f from 6f again and if he finds a bit of room I think he has enough speed to cause a shock and place. Munro is a sound jockey and has won on this horse so he'll know what to do with him. This is a big step up in class but he finished 3rd in a Listed event only a neck behind Society Rock who gave APOB's horse, Starspangledbanner, a good run for his money in the Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot. He's only a 3 year old and open to more improvement, he'll love the ground and should get a good gallop which will suit his style. Could cause a shock if Munro finds those gaps that prove so elusive for him.

Spotted this on Skybet at 67/1 so stuck a fiver on it each way :)

Mister Hughie available at 80/1. Looks a very open race,Borderlescott is huge at 6/1,definately place claims at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good luck man, although I'm sure you won't need it ya cnut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

ships biscuits in the 4.00 goodwood looks a good e/w bet what do u think?

• Advertisement

4th, how unlucky :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement