Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

4th I think Mister hughie finished. Great run came from the back and unlucky not to be placed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I finally get a winner when I finish my log.
    Blue square paying 4 places it anyone backed it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

x PyRo wrote: »

3:00 Galway - Separate Ways - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365)

I'm probably mad going against Weld again but this one came second in this race last year off the same mark, hit 1.05 in running and should of won. Good jockey, ground should be ideal and has won twice over this distance. Could be handicapped back into things and should come on for that recent run at Leopardstown. Highly drawn in stall 14 (of 18) which is perfect, versatile tactically, can be held up or tracking the leaders and most of his best form has come from when sitting around 4th or 5th. Ended up racing in rear on the last couple of occasions and I wouldn't be surprised if this has been the aim since coming second last year. First time blinkers also is very interesting, could well spark more improvement and here's hoping he takes to them first time. Should be the guts of 12/1 and looks a good each way bet if building on previous form here last year.

More to follow.. just posting incase my laptop shuts down as it so often does, without warning. :mad:

You the man pyro:D
    Had 5 e/w on that beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Luttrell Lady has been given it :(

Doocey wrote: »
    Luttrell Lady has been given it :(

Still get paid if you backed it with a bookie.

• Advertisement

greetings wrote: »
    Still get paid if you backed it with a bookie.

So, you'll still get paid as a winner?
    I've been paid for it, but expect it to be taken off me.

Na,bookies pay the double result,i.e the one who passed the post first and the one who was promoted.The exchanges just pay the official winner.

Na,bookies pay the double result,i.e the one who passed the post first and the one who was promoted.The exchanges just pay the official winner.

Good stuff, learn something new everyday. Cheers for that! :pac:

Aughwilliam Lady was travelling very very well until that slight error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The exchanges just pay the official winner.

Lucky I had it to place.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

coughlan08 wrote: »
    9 horses today pyro,it will take some punter to be in profit come tonight,
    if you are your defo 1 of the best punters ive "known",,wouldnt be suprised to see ya writing for some local paper tbh...;)

hat has just been taken off to ya there mate.
    you should really get onto some paper and get them to have a look at the log,,its a long shot but there would be plenty of support for ya im sure.;)

Agreed. This is consistent profit. Send a few emails around.

Local Paper? No good in there, needs to be in the Times, Independent or the Sun :D

Well done again man. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thanks very much Coughlan & Doocey, it's something I'd love to do eventually but I need to learn a lot more before I could even be considered. Just happy to be cleaning out the bookmakers! :) Plus I doubt anyone would take a 19 year old seriously either.

Mister Hughie would of won earlier with a clear run too, he wasted around 3 lengths to get a run, that would of been some return too! Amazing day though.

Thanks to all the people who look here too, makes me try harder to find those elusive winners. Don't know how I'm managing to make good profit despite backing a horse in every race at Galway. :pac: Finding overpriced horses has paid off big time, ever since I went on that horror run it has been a good change of plan and has increased my money 10fold. Over the moon to say the least! Got €2 at BSP on that horse too. :pac:

I'm off to drown my head in a bucket of ice, I'm still buzzing!

Oh what a day!

+17.31pts with 12/1 (First past the post) and 33/1 winners, pity I didn't to the 441/1 double!

Roughly 36pts profit from Galway this week, 3 days of profit and one day where I lost around 10pts of the bank. Good going considering I've backed in every single race! Long may it continue.

Pity I don't use Betfair SP for the log. :pac:

Bank - 263.90pts (+163.90pts)

Stats for the last month for anyone interested.

Bank - 168.18pts (+68.18pts)

Bets - 94
    Wins - 18
    Placed - 24
    SR - 19.1%
    Staked - 171pts
    Returned - 239.18pts
    ROI - 40%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

alright pyro todays fun is over,,,back to work,you know we rely on you for a social life.....:pac:

haha cheers man!

I really have to get into this Irish racing lark, it's not as bad as I thought. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

yes do get in to its easier to pick winners than across the water.only did a 3 bets to day in galway did a double with gordon eillots horeses i nearly allways bet on his horses and one single up about 20euro for today as they where small bets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Pyro....whats left to say? Well done on another great day.

:P

(I didn't mean to make that rhyme! :pac:)

Brilliant rhyming. :pac: Thanks Nulty, hitting a nice little streak at the moment. Long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

You putting onto on races at Goodwood tomorrow Pyro? I can't make heads nor tails of half the races. They all seem really hard to call!

I'll see dude, not sure yet as I haven't looked at the cards yet. I'm in the middle of my Galway ones at the moment so I'll get on to it later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

No probs. Just wondering whether it is my own ignorance or if the card really is a bit of a difficult one (relative to most days). The only easy decision is Spectait currently at 50/1 on blue square. A value bet methinks. Cheeky fiver on that I think now that I can afford it ;)

5:10 Galway - Golden Grimshaw - 1pt e/w @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

Former flat horse with Barry Hills before moving to some other trainer that I've never heard of. Didn't do well there but since moving to J.J Lambe he has finally got off the mark hurdling on his 11th attempt. Won impressively and shaped as if there may be more to come from him. That was on softish ground and tomorrows ground will be faster but he has form on the flat on quicker ground and with his rejuvenation for a new yard he could prove as good on this ground. Jumped soundly last time out and with a clear round I think he'll get a race run to suit as there are a couple of front runners in this field, most notably Kalellshan, who won here on day one but carries a penalty and top weight, although he has a good claimer on board but it'll be hard for him to repeat his exploits of 4 days ago. He'll set a good gallop as usual and that should play into my selections hands as he looks a strong traveler who will stay this trip no problem and could peg them back in the final couple of furlongs as he likes to sit in mid-div and improve steadily throughout the race. Robbie McNamara is on board and he's an absolutely splendid jockey, strong as an ox in a finish and gets the most out of his rides. He has had 4 rides at Galway so far and won aboard 3 of them, this is his only ride for tomorrow and I think he'll be adding another winner to his tally if all goes well. The handicapper hasn't been harsh on the horse either and I think he'll improve even more than his current mark and if taking to the ground and jumping soundly he looks a very good each way prospect. Likely to be around 7/1 which would be perfect and he offers a solid each way option in comparison to the likely favourite Kalellshan who could be as short as 3/1 and will find it extremely tough to win again so close to his last race. Golden Grimshaw looks to have the best chance to me and can bring Robbie Mac his 4th victory of the festival.

5:40 Galway - Orafinitis - .5pts e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Might be a risky one but ran on well enough in a filly's maiden suggesting that this step up to 7f will suit. Well bred with lots of speed and if she can build on that maiden run she could well knick a place here or even better. This doesn't look like the toughest of races despite facing opposition from a Weld horse and a John Oxx horse. Gets weight from most of the field and has a 7lb claimer on board which means she'll only be carrying 8st 2lbs. Got a plum draw in stall 8 and likely to enjoy the ground. She didn't look too hard pushed on debut and ran a bit freely but was only just under 2 lengths away from APOB's filly, Why, who was well backed in a race here a couple of days ago but only managed 4th, still looks decent enough form though. I don't know anything about the trainer but he has had a winner at this festival before, I don't know anything about the jockey either but he looks alright value for his 7lb claim and has won once from five rides around this track. She looks good each way value if fulfilling the potential I feel is there and likely to be around 10/1+ and she could spring a surprise here if all falls into place. Worth a tiny each way bet.

More to come....

Next bet is one I selected earlier in the week, he ran well in a better race and stands a good chance back in handicap company.

6:15 Galway - Tasman - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (Boylesports)

Won at this meeting back in '08 and came second in a better race last year losing out to Natal who is in this race again and likely to be vying for favoritism but I feel the Liam McAteer horse can go one better this year and continue his fine Galway form which reads 2-2-1-2, that was before his 6th a few days ago. He handles all sorts of ground and will have no bother with this tomorrow. Currently around 22/1 on Betfair and looks a fairly decent e/w bet. He's a prominent races and usually jumps well, he's 10 years old now but his course form speaks for itself. He is also very good when fresh (should come on for that recent run) and wasn't seen in near 5 months before his race a few days ago so he should appreciate the break as his form went near the end of last season. He could get in the mix here at a nice price and is dangerous if he gets his own way up front, but will face a battle with a few others here. The only problem is the jockey on board him is very poor, he has only one once from 81 rides which is shocking but if the horse is good enough his 7lb claim could come in very handy. The horse looks dangerously handicapped and won off 5lbs lower last year and this is a more winnable race than his 6th place finish when losing to Invisible Man here a few days ago. He looks likely to be well overpriced and could get a place at least if all goes well so I'll have a small each way bet on him at likely odds of around 20/1.

6:50 Galway - Bob Le Beau - 2pts e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365)

I'm going for the only 3 year old in the field here, he gets a massive 12lbs for age allowance and also has a good 3lb claimer on board which will leaving him carrying 8st 1lb, effectively running off a mark of 75 despite being a 90 rated horse. Been in flying form of late, won his first two starts of 2010 quite impressively, digging deep to win late on in one race and showed lots of speed and ability, lots of drive and determination then too. Just got short headed last time out but this is the reason I'm so interested in him. He hit 1/5 in running and probably should of won but was just held by Notalossonya, who is a horse I selected the other day and he won comfortably in a decent handicap the other day. Bob Le Beau was giving him 18lbs that day and it probably took its toll but it was a good run against a horse who will only improve. Now it's my selections chance to run off bottom weight which will give him a fairly solid chance in my opinion, he is being stepped up a further 2f to 1m 4f now and that will suit him ideally, the ground will also be of no bother to him and his trainer was banging in the winners over the last month and seems to have her horses in great form. Drawn stall 13 of 18 which is a top place to be and with decent pace in the race he should get a run to suit. May find it hard to beat the Weld horse, Natural High, who will be a short price, but he's more than capable of improving enough to win this and has many things in his favour. He looks a solid each way bet a forecast odds of 12/1 (Although I expect it'll be 8's or less) and with a little improvement, luck and the extra 2 furlongs proving to be what he needs then I expect him to be bang in the shake up in the final furlong. Looks to have a good chance. Medium each way bet for me, top 4 places paid also which is a bonus!

More to come...

Lazy now, so no write ups for the last three Galway races. All have been thoroughly looked at though.

7:25 Galway - Battleoftrafalgar - .5pts @ 11/2 (VC)
    7:55 Galway - Walter De La Mare - .5pts @ 8/1 (Bet365)
    8:25 Galway - Eagle's Pass - .5pts e/w @ 14/1 (Bet365)

Weeehooo!

Well done pyro,didn't back anything at all at Galway yesterday unfortunately. Good look with today.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

x PyRo wrote: »
    Next bet is one I selected earlier in the week, he ran well in a better race and stands a good chance back in handicap company.

6:15 Galway - Tasman - .5pts e/w

Won at this meeting back in '08 and came second in a better race last year losing out to Natal who is in this race again and likely to be vying for favoritism but I feel the Liam McAteer horse can go one better this year and continue his fine Galway form which reads 2-2-1-2, that was before his 6th a few days ago. He handles all sorts of ground and will have no bother with this tomorrow. Currently around 22/1 on Betfair and looks a fairly decent e/w bet. He's a prominent races and usually jumps well, he's 10 years old now but his course form speaks for itself. He is also very good when fresh (should come on for that recent run) and wasn't seen in near 5 months before his race a few days ago so he should appreciate the break as his form went near the end of last season. He could get in the mix here at a nice price and is dangerous if he gets his own way up front, but will face a battle with a few others here. The only problem is the jockey on board him is very poor, he has only one once from 81 rides which is shocking but if the horse is good enough his 7lb claim could come in very handy. The horse looks dangerously handicapped and won off 5lbs lower last year and this is a more winnable race than his 6th place finish when losing to Invisible Man here a few days ago. He looks likely to be well overpriced and could get a place at least if all goes well so I'll have a small each way bet on him at likely odds of around 20/1.

6:50 Galway - Bob Le Beau - 2pts e/w

I'm going for the only 3 year old in the field here, he gets a massive 12lbs for age allowance and also has a good 3lb claimer on board which will leaving him carrying 8st 1lb, effectively running off a mark of 75 despite being a 90 rated horse. Been in flying form of late, won his first two starts of 2010 quite impressively, digging deep to win late on in one race and showed lots of speed and ability, lots of drive and determination then too. Just got short headed last time out but this is the reason I'm so interested in him. He hit 1/5 in running and probably should of won but was just held by Notalossonya, who is a horse I selected the other day and he won comfortably in a decent handicap the other day. Bob Le Beau was giving him 18lbs that day and it probably took its toll but it was a good run against a horse who will only improve. Now it's my selections chance to run off bottom weight which will give him a fairly solid chance in my opinion, he is being stepped up a further 2f to 1m 4f now and that will suit him ideally, the ground will also be of no bother to him and his trainer was banging in the winners over the last month and seems to have her horses in great form. Drawn stall 13 of 18 which is a top place to be and with decent pace in the race he should get a run to suit. May find it hard to beat the Weld horse, Natural High, who will be a short price, but he's more than capable of improving enough to win this and has many things in his favour. He looks a solid each way bet a forecast odds of 12/1 (Although I expect it'll be 8's or less) and with a little improvement, luck and the extra 2 furlongs proving to be what he needs then I expect him to be bang in the shake up in the final furlong. Looks to have a good chance. Medium each way bet for me, top 4 places paid also which is a bonus!

More to come...

Alot of the "paid" tipsters fancy Bob Le Beau as well. Lets hope the price isn't smashed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

frat wrote: »
    Alot of the "paid" tipsters fancy Bob Le Beau as well. Lets hope the price isn't smashed now!

Oooh, he's up against a Weld & Smullen favourite in Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Wow ... the silence on this thread is deafening! :P

Hard luck today dude, you win some you lose some, tomorrow's a new day, bring it on! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement